• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

I have a bunny Camilla with -Spd. Would it be possible to SI her to make her competitive in arena or she's beyond fixing?
Eirika with -Spd is ok, right?

Alucrid

Banned
Can someone please put a stop to Serra pulls? Please and "Thank you!"

that's why i pretty much never roll for colorless. i don't want a bunch of useless healers

inherited count too

I hope there's something next week, if they start new quests or new special maps I'm happy.

Pretty sure there's a new GHB but id have to check the schedual

thanks for the info. now i just have a roll a good nino and i'll be all set

Scum

that's why i pretty much never roll for colorless. i don't want a bunch of useless healers

It's truly disgusting. I can't wait for the next event to involve Serra, right after I throw her out of my Posse, only to have a hard time trying to get her back in. #Fuming

I have a bunny Camilla with -Spd. Would it be possible to SI her to make her competitive in arena or she's beyond fixing?
MouWorried.png

You can feed her Nino and play flier emblem. Who need a second attack when you aim for the one shot! Defense would be rough though.

Can someone please put a stop to Serra pulls? Please and "Thank you!"

Yea, I have 2 4* and 5 3* along 4 4* Maria, 1 5* Maria, 2 5* Elise, 1 5* Sakura, bunch of Lissa and Wrys too... Nothing beats my 8 Virion, though. That's what you get for chasing Kagero. Got 3 at 4* but they all have terrible to very average IV.

I feel like her high def/res plus no counter could be useful against all the mages in the arena if I set her up correctly as she's pretty tanky.

This guy did a good write-up on where she might fall.

I have an OP arena team already though that gets me my feathers each week. So now I'm just playing Waifu Emblem and trying to make off-meta teams work. I don't really care about how good units are considering the AI is so bad. :/

Theosmeo

This guy did a good write-up on where she might fall.

I have an OP arena team already though that gets me my feathers each week. So now I'm just playing Waifu Emblem and trying to make off-meta teams work. I don't really care about how good units are considering the AI is so bad. :/

Useful write up definitely, but dude bartre is actually a really cool character and he gives fury 3. I'd highly recommend checking out his FE7 supports

Sushen

why chip a mage when you can outright ORKO them
Yeah I'm realizing she's a pea shooter although I really want to like her.

My main reasoning is that she'll be one of the bonus units in near future and I want her to be not too bad of dead weight.

Ninferno

Encountered a team of +5 Ninian (Wings of Mercy), +6 Gronnblade+ Spring Camilla (Close Counter + Vantage), and of course Eirika just now on my alt account (Hector/Lucina/Reinhardt, zero merge, fully SIed though). Holy shit that was intense. It's not as BS as the +10 Ninos I met previously before the matchmaking change, but it shows that meeting a +x team is still pretty much a possibility after all.

Spoit

Hmm, maybe I should look into putting together that brave axe cherche. Or throwing away all my feathers, doing a double 5* promotion for my ideally IVed quadsuna Wait, nevermind. the free maid was felica. Cherche it is!

ggx2ac

4838 points was the best I could get for Arena. It's basically harder trying to get a perfect streak.

If I used my more difficult to win team, I could get higher than 4900 but... It's really difficult.

Now to wait and see for what rank I get.

I do have a ridiculous amount of defense wins with 292 points being the highest. I haven't counted but it is definitely more than 10 again since it's not listing my defense win from before the arena update.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I personally am having a lot harder time with Arena. People putting Vantage onto a bunch of Mages makes it really easy to miss your window of Victory. The matching also seems a bit out of whack, a team with a bunch of SI heroes tends to be a lot harder than someone who has a +3 Taki but everything else is stock, but they seem to be in the same pool.

I kind of wish the game would put more into trying to make a good defense team too.

ggx2ac

If my Alm was Speed Up, Res down as opposed to HP Up, Res Down. I'd use him over Marth of which I have a bunch of 4* spares.

I like Windsweep with how it prevents counters and still allows Alm to attack twice if he is attacked. I can go hit a lance user without having to get hit then finish off with another character.

His attack is high that I don't need to switch Draconic Aura for Bonfire since it would do less damage.

Oh, but I guess my Speed Up, Attack down Lucina makes them both look weak.

I kind of wish the game would put more into trying to make a good defense team too.

That's my one complaint about defense teams, that's what you fight in arena but they don't need bonus heroes while you have to use one for offense.

Hence why I suggested they should do the bonus points for more feathers for defense so that you don't get handicapped fighting no bonus heroes of the current season all the time.

ggx2ac

Just gave my Alm Threaten Speed since it makes the most sense with his speed and Windsweep. Plus Darting Sparrow would be really good for him but I don't think I want to get rid of my only Spring Lucina.

With a faster character like Lucina with Windsweep, it's probably better to use some other C skill since only some opponents would get faster than her to due buffs or debuffs.

Ninferno

Alright, with the long-awaited confirmation of Sharena, I 5* her right away and finally after more than a month, I can actually put up a all-5* team for arena, woohoo. Busy training:)

That was my alt account though. On my main, I have recently promoted a neutral 4* Nowi to merge with my existing one with the terrible ATK bane, resulting in not having 20k right now... Well, guess that's the price to pay for perfecting your MVP; I can only try to promote Sharena when the next rotation comes then. She will still be in my Arena team for now, but just 4* lv40.

Roman

What's your inherited skill setup for Sharena, lads & ladies?

I don't have her at 5* but I would probably go with an aggressive frontline support build - Fury/Renewal or Lancebreaker/Hone or Spur Atk or Spd/Moonbow/Ardent Sacrifice or just keep Rally Atk.

Scum

I don't have her at 5* but I would probably go with an aggressive frontline support build - Fury/Renewal or Lancebreaker/Hone or Spur Atk or Spd/Moonbow/Ardent Sacrifice or just keep Rally Atk.

I have her at 4* lvl 40. That Lancebreaker sounds good though...

ryushe

Haven't played this game since about the beginning of March due to the Switch and Zelda and MAN, the small things they've changed (swapping units, special seals, etc.) has made an already pretty good game even more great.

Ninferno

What's your inherited skill setup for Sharena, lads & ladies?

As an F2P who wants to use her primarily as an arena bonus char (I'm assuming that's the case for you and many other as well), I would aim for a budget build instead of crazy builds that turn her into all-in-one super monsters. By budget, I mean keeping most if not all of her innate skills and just fill in the empty slots for more arena points. Fortunately for her, her innate skills aren't bad at all. For example, I'm not going to replace SPD + 3 which works fine for her and tbh as a F2P I don't have tons of Hinatas and 4* Roys lying around so I don't have the luxury to give her Fury 3 or TA 3.

That said, I will fill her B slot with Renewal 3 like Roman has said; I'm debating myself on whether I should replace Rally Attack with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid. For Special, instead of offensive ones like Moonbow, I would actually give her a defensive one like Pavise or Escutcheon, I haven't decided on which one yet (probably the latter) but you get the idea. That way she can be a respectable tank and support unit. After all, I already have a stable core that hits hard and covers the 3 colors so I don't really need Sharena to kill things. Also, I have used up most of my offensive skill fodders on my core and I need to reserve some in case some wonderful units come up later and I want to upgrade my core. Meanwhile, I've got a stockpile of Draugs and Gwendolyns that's not touched since the start so why not savage some value from them? This makes my decision even easier.

Roman

What I suggested honestly doesn't seem that bad investment wise. Fury, Ardent Sacrifice, Lancebreaker, Moonbow and the Hone/Spur skills can all be gotten from 3* drops. In the case of Lancebreaker 3 among these you would need a 5* Arthur or 4* Narcian, and for Renewal 3 either 4* Fae, 5* Lissa or 5* Jakob. None of the Hone/Spur ones require 5*s.

Roman

I have to admit that I too am running out of particular skill fodder. This is due to barely pulling any reds since the Princesses banner. Hopefully Battling Zephiel has some enticing focus units, like Roy or Lilina.

Red is such a good pull color for inheritance:

- Palla for Moonbow
- Lon'qu for 4* Vantage 3
- Hinata for 4* Fury 3
- Tharja for 4* Darting Blow 3
- Roy for 4* Triangle Adept 3
- Hana for (admittedly) 5* Life and Death 3
- Tiki for Lightning Breath+

Ninferno

Just want to point this out as well, the bad news (for me) about the new batch of bonus chars is that Cherche and Setsuna are in it. These two have really been gaining traction lately and the fact that they are bonus chars means lots of people are going be able to go in full force and will probably achieve high scores; competition in the next two weeks is going to be tough:(

Roman

Setsuna requires a lot of feather investment to make her truly competitive, which I'm not sure too many players are ready to give. On the other hand Pony Emblem has already been an early threat after skill inheritance, and all Cecilia really needs is Gronnblade and maybe Death Blow (2 is enough).

I've just run calculations with normal Gronnblade (not +) and Death Blow 2 with a Hone Cavalry buff (easy to get from Gunter) and get 71 wins · 3 losses · 45 draws.

If I add Reinhardt's Goad Cavalry it shoots up to 93 wins · 3 losses · 23 draws.
Gronnblade+ and Death Blow 3 (together) would actually only add 6 wins at that point.

For fun, if I keep non-+ Gronnblade and Death Blow 2, and add Fortify Cavalry (very easy to get from Jagen) I get 105 wins · 2 losses · 12 draws.

This is all with a neutral nature because I forgot to adjust that, with +Atk/-HP this would result in 108 wins · 2 losses · 9 draws.

Literally all you need for the base of this is 5* Cecilia, a 3* Nino, a 3* Jagen, a 3* Gunter and a 4* Reinhardt (who you could easily leave out since Goad doesn't stack Gronnblade).

Vena

Indeed Setsuna requires somewhere north of 60K feathers to finish if she's not a 5* to begin with as it requires a number of 5* be fed to her.

It's quite the project to work on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom