• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muramasa

i never get a lot of defense wins. maybe 1 or 2. i just lack a mage nuker. i thought the last spring banner was my chance with bunnycina, but i annihilated all the orbs and got... carrot xander -_-

SS6ePFY.png

08DDoGS.png

i think i will just save my feathers for now until xander arrives, which is a defensive ryoma on a horse. with him i can build then my horse emblem team and make ursula and cecilia together with bladetomes viable.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I keep track of it? It just pushes the older defenses out of the list when you get over 10. I usually just check to see my arena rank/defense wins once or twice a day, it's not hard to keep track of it (though it is kinda annoying).

Oh I read on reddit that a win won't bump an older win if the points were less. I haven't paid it much mind once I get that first win.

Weebos

Banned
wouldn't Elincia and Tanith make a lot more sense as sword fliers

Could totally see Elincia being red and having Ranged Counter.

It wouldn't be very good on her unless they give her Subaki bulk, but it would be cool.

I could see any of the Laguz being red as well.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
We get flier emblem quests. I expect mage emblem, horse emblem, archer emblem, armored emblem and healer emblem quests soon.
With my current roster, that would be Sophia Emblem, Gunther Emblem, Niles Emblem, Draug Emblem, and Clarine Emblem.

About to finish planning my Lukas (+ATK/-DEF). Just wondering if Bonfire or Ignis is better.

I go with:

Killer Lance +
Reposition
Defense 3
Quick Ripose 2
Threaten Def 3
HP+3

Total: HP 48, ATK 49, SPD 22, DEF 38, RES 17

With my build, if I let enemy initiates first I get:

With Bonfire - Wins: 77 Losses: 16 Inconclusive: 15

With Ignis - Wins: 69 Losses: 14 Inconclusive: 25

With Threaten Def 3 activated I get:

With Bonfire: Wins: 82 Losses: 14 Inconclusive: 12

With Ignis - Wins: 70 Losses: 14 Inconclusive: 24

My brain is slow right now and while Bonfire looks way better on my build, maybe I would be better with Ignis if it would end up ready often when I engage or get engaged by a second enemy. Not sure how to verify how often it would happen.

About to finish planning my Lukas (+ATK/-DEF). Just wondering if Bonfire or Ignis is better.

I go with:

Killer Lance +
Reposition
Defense 3
Quick Ripose 2
Threaten Def 3
HP+3

Total: HP 48, ATK 49, SPD 22, DEF 38, RES 17

With my build, if I let enemy initiates first I get:

With Bonfire - Wins: 77 Losses: 16 Inconclusive: 15

With Ignis - Wins: 69 Losses: 14 Inconclusive: 25

With Threaten Def 3 activated I get:

With Bonfire: Wins: 82 Losses: 14 Inconclusive: 12

With Ignis - Wins: 70 Losses: 14 Inconclusive: 24

My brain is slow right now and while Bonfire looks way better on my build, maybe I would be better with Ignis if it would end up ready often when I engage or get engaged by a second enemy. Not sure how to verify how often it would happen.

I went with Fortress and Bonfire myself. I wanted to end the life of more enemies and free up a turn for him or someone else on the player phase.

I think Ignis would be insane as a player phase option though. So I would love to hear how it works out for you if you do use Ignis.

commish

I go with:

Killer Lance +
Reposition
Defense 3
Quick Ripose 2
Threaten Def 3
HP+3

I also went back and forth, and I don't think either choice is necessarily wrong. I like Bonfire because it usually procs on most encounters since I get doubled so much. So it usually goes Opponent attack, Lukas attacks, Opponent attacks, then Bonfire is up and Bonfire procs to kill enemy. But then again, because of Killer lance, maybe Ignis would also proc on that 4th attack?

muu

I also went back and forth, and I don't think either choice is necessarily wrong. I like Bonfire because it usually procs on most encounters since I get doubled so much. So it usually goes Opponent attack, Lukas attacks, Opponent attacks, then Bonfire is up and Bonfire procs to kill enemy. But then again, because of Killer lance, maybe Ignis would also proc on that 4th attack?

I have a -HP +RES Lukas and you're correct on that. I cheaped out w/ Fortress 3 / QR1. First time he gets attacked he basically kills most things dead.

commish

I also went Fortress 3. Gotta save SP where you go (and Fortress isn't terrible and actually increases BST).

Pejo

Man, this game is just zero fun anymore since skill inheritance. I only ran arena twice since last week and I got matched up with all sorts of overpowered shit, meanwhile my units are all vanilla and I don't enjoy the gameplay enough to build them out. I wouldn't even care if there was another way to get feathers besides arena, but well, that's what you get.

I think it's time I hang up my FE:Heroes hat.

Roman

Man, this game is just zero fun anymore since skill inheritance. I only ran arena twice since last week and I got matched up with all sorts of overpowered shit, meanwhile my units are all vanilla and I don't enjoy the gameplay enough to build them out. I wouldn't even care if there was another way to get feathers besides arena, but well, that's what you get.

That's a shame. We could help you build competitive units in the Discord server linked in the OP of this thread should you decide to reconsider. I've looked at a lot of people's available units and there's always something that can be done to compete.

Sushen

At first, I found SI intimidating as a guy who spend an hour building characters at the beginning of open world RPGs because I couldn't decide.

I have made my share of mistakes and I eventually learned SI brought a new life into otherwise monotonous game. As I have finished all there is for single player contents, arena and SI are only reason why I still bother login and grind in the training tower.

Speaking of building teams, I really need a green mage which IS refuse to give me, yet.

Roman

Speaking of building teams, I really need a green mage which IS refuse to give me, yet.

But they gave you Cecilia for free, who is devastating on a Pony Emblem team. If you pull enough green it's also very likely to eventually pull Ninos.

Firemind

But they gave you Cecilia for free, who is devastating on a Pony Emblem team. If you pull enough green it's also very likely to eventually pull Ninos.
I'm trying to level up Cecilia to get my free orbs and she is turning out to be awful. Bad attack, bad speed, bad defenses. Horse Emblem is gonna have to shore up all her shortcomings.

Roman

I'm trying to level up Cecilia to get my free orbs and she is turning out to be awful. Bad attack, bad speed, bad defenses. Horse Emblem is gonna have to shore up all her shortcomings.

Give her a Gronnblade and put her next to a Gunter at the start of battle, really all you need to significantly improve her performance.

Pejo

That's a shame. We could help you build competitive units in the Discord server linked in the OP of this thread should you decide to reconsider. I've looked at a lot of people's available units and there's always something that can be done to compete.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I'll just keep up on the news and wait for some game-changing stuff, like if they ever add evades/crits, 5v5, bigger maps, etc. The community is really great, but the gameplay just isn't my cup of tea at the moment.

Finally done with the level grinding but now I'm not sure what to do with the skills. Hell I'm not sure what I'm even willing to do with them considering all the grinding that would be involved =__=

Time to level grind Sharena now I guess.

Alkez

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I'll just keep up on the news and wait for some game-changing stuff, like if they ever add evades/crits, 5v5, bigger maps, etc. The community is really great, but the gameplay just isn't my cup of tea at the moment.

I think S skills could have been that thing. I'm disappointed that they're just stat boosts.

Ninferno

Is it just me or has Julia been losing steam lately? I think I actually didn't run into her even once for the past week. If she's really gone for good in the 680 -690 score range that's great news for me. She has constantly been my top 5 arena fear since her introduction, because I used to run two blues (one of which is Nowi my MVP who needs to run away from her like a little bitch). Even after I brought back Nino and bench Effie since the matchmaking overhaul, a G Tome Breaker +x Julia that my Fury 3 +SPD Marth can't reliably ORKO will still be a nightmare to me. I will be so glad if she's becoming less popular now.

I would like to pull her someday myself though because I really like her as a character in FE4.

Tommy DJ

Horse Emblem makes her outright overpowered. By herself she's pretty terrible but feeding Life and Death can fix her base speed and attack.

Horse and Flier Emblem only really work due to their insane buffs. With Fortify Cavalry and Hone Cavalry, she can get an additional +6 speed and +24 damage if equiped with Gronnblade and another +4 attack and speed from an nearby ally with Goad Cavalry.

The problem with Flier and Horse Emblem are its kind of hard to pull off if you're F2P since you need so many specific skills to transfer around.

Is it just me or has Julia been losing steam lately? I think I actually didn't run into her even once for the past week. If she's really gone for good in the 680 -690 score range that's great news for me. She has constantly been my top 5 arena fear since her introduction, because I used to run two blues (one of which is Nowi my MVP who needs to run away from her like a little bitch). Even after I brought back Nino and bench Effie since the matchmaking overhaul, a G Tome Breaker +x Julia that my Fury 3 +SPD Marth can't reliably oneshot will still be a nightmare to me. I will be so glad if she's becoming less popular now.

I would like to pull her someday myself though because I really like her as a character in FE4.

There's no point running Julia when Nino exists. Rarer, harder to grind SP since you pull her at a higher rarity, much slower, similar base attack output, situationally useful tome vs. all purpose tome.

If you only ever get lucky enough to pull one 5* flying lancer (and I suspect our friend only pulled one), I'd say Hinoka's the best one you could possibly pull. Might be -3 Spd compared to Cordelia and thus not the best of the best at combat, but a) she'll still do fine and b) the real reason you bring Hinoka is Hone Fliers.

Three greens though...Yeah, if you attempt Flier Emblem in arena later, get one of them replaced if you can. lol

I say go for it. Bunilla w/ Gronnblade+ and buffs is the hardest-hitting green mage in the game and -HP/+Def isn't gonna change that. Only gets tied with Cecilia if Bunilla has a -Atk nature. You've also got Hone Fliers already and just need Fortify Fliers from the easier-to-obtain-than-Hinoka Caeda.

Of the 4*s: I actually do have Cordelia (+HP/-DEF), Palla (-ATK/+DEF), and Caeda (+SPD/-RES). The only reason I ran Bunilla, Camilla, Minerva, and Hinoka was because I had them at 40 -- and because the quests themselves didn't require no KOs, meaning I could auto-battle them at work.

Also have Beruka (+SPD/-ATK), Michalis, Camilla (-ATK/+DEF)... and no Cherche. Can't imagine sacrificing my 5* Nino for Gronnblade+ just yet (though I've got 3* Odins).

Ideal Flier Emblem will probably have to wait unless I just use Caeda.

At first, I found SI intimidating as a guy who spend an hour building characters at the beginning of open world RPGs because I couldn't decide.

I have made my share of mistakes and I eventually learned SI brought a new life into otherwise monotonous game. As I have finished all there is for single player contents, arena and SI are only reason why I still bother login and grind in the training tower.

That's how I feel -- IVs are annoying, and SI requires a ton of SP. Granted, I get it; it should.

As far as units, I guess I'm working on:

Nino
Effie
Azura
Eirika

Nino has Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, and Hone Atk 3. I should give her Ardent Sacrifice. Effie's (+HP/-DEF) working towards Brave Lance and I gave her Pivot. (Again, I seriously hate IVs.) Eirika (-HP/+DEF), well: she needs Rally Defense, Triangle Adept, and Swordbreaker, I guess.

Is it just me or has Julia been losing steam lately? I think I actually didn't run into her even once for the past week. If she's really gone for good in the 680 -690 score range that's great news for me. She has constantly been my top 5 arena fear since her introduction, because I used to run two blues (one of which is Nowi my MVP who needs to run away from her like a little bitch). Even after I brought back Nino and bench Effie since the matchmaking overhaul, a G Tome Breaker +x Julia that my Fury 3 +SPD Marth can't reliably oneshot will still be a nightmare to me. I will be so glad if she's becoming less popular now.

I'm in that range and I still see Julia semi-frequently...

champloo

To add to the previous conversation, I've run multiple calculations with Raudrraven+/Triangle Adept 3/Quick Riposte 3 Sophia and she has many favorable matchups against common metagame threats. Her raw stats don't compare badly to Sanaki at all in my opinion, she has significantly more physical bulk while bearing only slightly less resistance and attack (+7HP/-4 Atk/-7 Spd/+11 Def/-5 Res). I'm not saying she's top tier or anything, but with the aforementioned build she can be shockingly effective, mitigating her weaknesses while utilizing her strong stats.

People have yet to realize her potential, slower unit just isn't as popular outside of few that stands out. Many sees her spd at 19 and goes 'lol trash'.
Speaking of her build, I like TA/Swordbreaker or Fury/QR. TA with QR is overkill a lot of the time, so I prefer Swordbreaker to give her a lot more coverage and she also gets the ability to facetank swords in a pinch.

Is it just me or has Julia been losing steam lately? I think I actually didn't run into her even once for the past week. If she's really gone for good in the 680 -690 score range that's great news for me. She has constantly been my top 5 arena fear since her introduction, because I used to run two blues (one of which is Nowi my MVP who needs to run away from her like a little bitch). Even after I brought back Nino and bench Effie since the matchmaking overhaul, a G Tome Breaker +x Julia that my Fury 3 +SPD Marth can't reliably ORKO will still be a nightmare to me. I will be so glad if she's becoming less popular now.

I think it's the update making the matchups more varied. I used to get matched up against very similar compositions with minor variation, even running into the exact same team back to back, but now every game is quite different.

Sushen

I see plenty of Julia in my arena battle which is 680-690. As Reinhardt is my main kill card, I have to play carefully around her. I want my own Julia or Nino, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon.

Of the 4*s: I actually do have Cordelia (+HP/-DEF), Palla (-ATK/+DEF), and Caeda (+SPD/-RES). The only reason I ran Bunilla, Camilla, Minerva, and Hinoka was because I had them at 40 -- and because the quests themselves didn't require no KOs, meaning I could auto-battle them at work.

Also have Beruka (+SPD/-ATK), Michalis, Camilla (-ATK/+DEF)... and no Cherche. Can't imagine sacrificing my 5* Nino for Gronnblade+ just yet (though I've got 3* Odins).

Ideal Flier Emblem will probably have to wait unless I just use Caeda.

Yeah, I'm inexplicably unable to pull Hinoka or Caeda, so I'm kind of jealous right now :p

Your Palla's IVs aren't that great, but you basically need her since Caeda sucks and she's the only other red.

Shinypogs

Dragged myself away from granblue long enough to do the new paralogue and sacred seals quests. Hp seal on fem corrin. Speed on merric and atk on my already + atk spring camilla. Was tempted to put the hp on merric as he's already + hp and 54 total hp might be enough to get him out of two shot range from some of the nuking mages which are his only real threat. Decided it was more beneficial on corrin though and merric always wants a little extra speed.

Did well for myself in arena this week and am stockpiling feathers for the future. I hope the Celica and crew banner brings about some interesting new things to play with in terms of skills and weapons.

Sushen

At this point I'm super curious to see what they add that does finally break the game.
There are two ways Balance games. First, perfect balance among most characters with no OP. Everyone is OP in their own ways that no one can be OP like the line in the Incredibles: if everyone is super, nobody is super.

_Legacy_

Just looked at the new bonus arena units, my core is Azura, Effie and Nino (all 5*). I really don't know who to add in. I've got Alm, Claire, Cherche, Setsuna plus the free units. I'm leaning towards Setsuna to deal with all the fliers but Alm 's anti- counterattack skill could be very useful (plus the falchion), so many choices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom