• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I don't know whether to try for Ike or wait for the CYH version to be released. I just know they're planning on people going crazy with this Ike, since he's a popular character and they realize how many will try for him, and will make the CYH version even more incredible to encourage Ike-owners to pull for him again. Granted he'll probably be a different type, so you could easily slot both on your team if they make the CYH version equally as powerful...

It is nice that there's no other red Focus character, so at least if you pull the Focus red character it's guaranteed to be him.

parasight

Wow this banner looks great. Bummed I pumped 60 orb into World of Shadows with nothing to show for. My luck on the last two banners has been awful. About 200+ orbs with only 1 5* pull (Sheena). Hopefully the universe balances out and helps me out on this one.

Spoit

Wait, heavy blade is per attack? I doubt I'd ever be in a position where I'd be having an extra ike to throw away, but that seems completely insane on one of those super high attack people that use a brave weapon, like SI cherche. I wonder if you could proc a special more than once a combat with it. Even if you can't, that makes 5 CD skills a lot more viable. Can galeforce be inherited?

Golnei

I wonder why it took until Heroes to finally give Ike a new voice. I'm glad someone saw that the previous status quo couldn't continue - anything would be an improvement over the past one.

The art seems decent enough, but his neutral face looks kind of weirdly flat, in a similar way to Lucius - at least the attack portrait is okay.

Wait, heavy blade is per attack? I doubt I'd ever be in a position where I'd be having an extra ike to throw away, but that seems completely insane on one of those super high attack people that use a brave weapon, like SI cherche. I wonder if you could proc a special more than once a combat with it. Even if you can't, that makes 5 CD skills a lot more viable. Can galeforce be inherited?

Galeforce can indeed be inherited.

Ninferno

Come to think of it, it is good news for everyone that Ike turns out to be a great unit. On defense, he will still be free lunch for everyone's Nowis and Reinhardts, but in player's hand on offense, he's the ultimate anti-green mage ace. So, you will be happy if you gets him, but you won't feel worry if the arena defense is going to be flooded with him. The only ones who might not be happy are the ones who already have Ryoma, and there are like a dozen of them. lol

Dee Dee

It's happening?
I sort of want to wait for the special banner instead, with a chance of Lyn and Lucina thrown into the mix.
But he looks great. And yay, new chapter.
(I say that still holding out hope for a release of Veronica and Zach... I mean Mystery Man as characters.)

Of course I just wasted 20 orbs on the Shadows banner. But got a 5* with my first pull - OMG it's Catria.
Who I had just levelled the free version of for the quests.
WTF RNG gods, so uncalled for.
(First time I ever got a 5* with a single banner pull too, not counting the rerolling for the start pull.)
I also got a Lon'qu though, but will keep him - dupes go straight into SI from now on however.

Yeah, I figure that if they are telling us it'll be in 2 hours or so.

Personally I hope the silence is because a big story update is coming now that there's only one GHB unit left and after that they will need to actually add a new batch of characters for them starting with the already announced Lloyd.

...let me dream alright?

SHEEET, BLACK KNIGHT INCOMING???

Shinypogs

I was gonna spend all 200 orbs I had pulling for Soren but he looks kinda meh and might not be able to replace merric on my team. Ike on the other hand, hmmm I was gonna slot Zephiel into the 4th spot on my team but Ike might work too if I can get him.

I want Titania just because I liked her as a character.

I also need to dig back through my history and figure out what people were suggesting as SI for linde, she's being all kinds of godly for me and deserves a little extra love even if she's not on the main team most of the time.

Ike's artwork is meh. Not terrible, but not great either. Hopefully his RD version will be an improvement. The rest of the banner is not so hot IMO.

Probably will pull for Ike anyway, because he's Ike, and I need reds.

Ninferno

Yeah, Ike's neutral portrait kinda look like ass to be perfectly honest. Why can't they just let Senri Kita do some Telllius artwork? It's not like she's not doing anything in Heroes.

Soren's and Titania's are pretty good though.

Theosmeo

Well I'm excited looking at those skills, what a great A skill ike has...

I probably wont burn him but that on brave lance effie...

Since the only thing that will distinguish Ryoma and Ike will be stat spreads, place your bets: will Ryoma be discount Ike, Ike be discount Ryoma, or neither?

I've got no orbs yo. I was expecting Celica this week. What the fuck man?

At least my perfect Arena run is out of the way but it still isn't very high. 4758 isn't gonna last in top 10k

C-P10NSXcAAjYUr.jpg

Mist confirmed the strongest hero of FE canonically

Firemind

I'm not really feeling it this banner. Heavy Sword seems meh. Also put me in the camp who thinks it's BULLSHIT Roy's sword got nerfed.

Uh...That was the point of the update, haham you get 500 for each hero who earns 500 hero merit, they can earn a total of 2000 hero merit, so 2000 hero feathers per character.
2000 max? But I don't want to rotate characters :(

Ninferno

You guys can't be serious when you keep whining about nerfing, right? You all know there's absolutely no way every OP weapons can make it into Heroes without adjustments, given how dumbed-down Heroes is compared to mainline FE games. A lot of weapons that are OP in their own games are nerfed; it is obviously not just the Binding Blade. Take a look at Tyrfing and we can start talking about nerfing.

Yeah, I know most of you aren't seriously whining but are instead just trying to make some talking points but man, this is quickly getting old. Please consider stopping it.

Ninferno

Also interesting in Ike's kit is the fact that he is the first to come with on-color breaker. When you look at his kit you get the rare feeling of not needing to replace much. He is good out-of-box and you can't say the same for most of the other top-tier units besides maybe Hector, Effie and alike; even Hector often need to get his Goad Armor replaced.

Also interesting in Ike's kit is the fact that he is the first to come with on-color breaker. When you look at his kit you get the rare feeling of not needing to replace much. He is good out-of-box and you can't say the same for most of the other top-tier units besides maybe Hector, Effie and alike; even Hector often need to get his Goad Armor replaced.

Yeah he will eat Lucina, Ryoma and everything else with such ease it's frightening

btw I wonder how heavy blade works, does it works when Ike just take an attack ? If the countdown is set to one, does it immediately activate the proc skill after the next attack ?

Ninferno

It seems all of a sudden Ninos and Julias are nowhere to be seen in the Arena, all I get today are teams running Reinhardts.

They are clearly preparing for Ike. I blame the notorious Nowi-Reinhardt banner for letting too many people have them.

I also approve the Ike banner for letting too many people have Ike because I have Nowi and Reinhardt.

I wonder, if you gave a high defense unit Heavy Blade 3, a Killer weapon, and Bonfire, and they triggered it every turn . . .

Would that be better than Quick Riposte? Oh snap, it's an A skill. You could do that for Ignis triggers on a defense.

Ninferno

Yeah he will eat Lucina, Ryoma and everything else with such ease it's frightening

btw I wonder how heavy blade works, does it works when Ike just take an attack ? If the countdown is set to one, does it immediately activate the proc skill after the next attack ?

Nothing is sure yet but judging from the description, I would say the extra -1 CD effect only applies when Ike makes an hit, not when taking hits. The name "Heavy Blade" is suggesting that since Ike hits so hard, the CD goes down by 2 instead of the usual 1. It will not make sense in taking hits (what? Ike is so frail that when he gets hit he's extra hurt?). I think this is a pretty safe bet although no one knows for sure until it comes out.

Scum

Smash Bros banner...

You guys can't be serious when you keep whining about nerfing, right? You all know there's absolutely no way every OP weapons can make it into Heroes without adjustments, given how dumbed-down Heroes is compared to mainline FE games. A lot of weapons that are OP in their own games are nerfed; it is obviously not just the Binding Blade. Take a look at Tyrfing and we can start talking about nerfing.

Yeah, I know most of you aren't seriously whining but are instead just trying to make some talking points but man, this is quickly getting old. Please consider stopping it.

You can't tell me what to do, mate. I won't stop! Who do you think I am?!

champloo

They are clearly preparing for Ike. I blame the notorious Nowi-Reinhardt banner for letting too many people have them.

That's probably the reason.. but the banner was only up for 4 days.. He is also quite a headache to deal with, no one is safe to bait him in, so I have to kill him on player phase.

I wonder, if you gave a high defense unit Heavy Blade 3, a Killer weapon, and Bonfire, and they triggered it every turn . . .

Would that be better than Quick Riposte? Oh snap, it's an A skill.

Need to make sure the unit has high atk though. without A skill and with killer weapon's 11 mt I wonder how high one's atk can get.

_Legacy_

Sölf;234645337 said:
Holy shit at Ike's Skillset and HOLY SHIT at Watersweep 3 on Soren. That skill on Nino, woah.

It's a cool skill but I wouldn't want to replace that for desperation or vantage, nice to have to play around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom