• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

hahaha this ruined one of my deathless streaks yesterday. I mean just look at this nonsense. What's really screwed up is I would have won, Ike would have lived with 1hp while baiting Cecilia on the first turn had I been using fortify res on Azura instead of fortify def.
IMG_3313_zpsfuci4wrz.png

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/Nothing371/IMG_3315_zpsnjyi0rr6.png
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/Nothing371/IMG_3314_zps8pfe9tdf.png
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/Nothing371/IMG_3316_zpsc4aloajd.png
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e157/Nothing371/IMG_3317_zpsjisnwy83.png

That is the team I am trying to build too. I want to get an Elise now more than anything. I just don't have a +Atk Cecilia right now is the only problem. I plan to leave raven tome on her as well because we're going to have to roll with a bonus unit every week.

I actually used exactly the same team for arena (and defense) this week! Not the same builds though, Triangle Adept Xander seems really suboptimal to me, especially on defense.

Also, I would advise against trying to bait a fully buffed Cecilia on the first turn with a low Res non-TA unit.

bigzgod

Moonbow/Draw Back/Death Blow/filler/Savage Blow (filler being Wings of Mercy)

Savage Blow shouldn't be slept on. It turns many matchups into OHKOs that wouldn't otherwise (Reinhardt, Ursula, MRobin without TA, Ike, +Ryoma)

Drawback is used to put your dancer out of range after Kagero takes out a unit, making Kagero a perfect hit and runner.

If you're going to go for pure hit and run Kagero, you might as well slap on LD3 compared to Death Blow 3.

Also, I'm confused by what you mentioned about Savage Blow. Unless they changed it recently, Savage Blow can't KO the enemy, it'll only take the enemy hp to 1 hp if the chip damage is higher than the remaining hp. The only MRobin that unbuffed Kagero can beat is -spd and that's vanilla MRobin. Same with Ursula, unbuffed +atk Kagero with Death Blow 3 can't OHKO a -def Ursula.

Kar L

Sorry but tier lists based on anecdotes and trends do absolutely nothing for me. Lucina at A is joke. She's one of the best, most well rounded units in the game. Ike is amazing too when given the proper skillset. It sure sounds like you just don't play with either of those units. I agree with what another poster was saying about Nowi earlier as well. Nowi isn't bad just because there are more green mages now. You could say the same thing about any blue character, especially the ones with even lower res.

Fury-Vantage Ryoma and clones aren't the cream of the crop just because they are trendy in arena right now. Vantage frontloads counterattack damage and sacrifices other excellent sustainable b)skills.

You might as well just put all the trendy Vantage units at the top of your tier rankings if this is your line of thinking. I certainly don't play that way.

Kar L

Is Luna or Moonbow better for Olwen?
anyone with a Brave Tome or Brave Weapon is going to benefit from using 3 and 5 charge specials. She attacks twice every time she initiates combat. So the second time you attack a unit her 3 charge special is going to go off on her second attack.

It will charge sooner if she is getting countered of course, but that's the general line of thinking. You ORKO something on the first initiation and then you'll have your special the next time you attack.

Sterok

anyone with a Brave Tome or Brave Weapon is going to benefit from using 3 and 5 charge specials. She attacks twice every time she initiates combat. So the second time you attack a unit her 3 charge special is going to go off on her second attack.

It will charge sooner if she is getting countered of course, but that's the general line of thinking. You ORKO something on the first initiation and then you'll have your special the next time you attack.

If you're keeping dire thunder than Luna is better.

Thanks. I've got a million Odins and Fredericks, so I need to start offloading them to clear some space.

Kar L

I actually used exactly the same team for arena (and defense) this week! Not the same builds though, Triangle Adept Xander seems really suboptimal to me, especially on defense.

Also, I would advise against trying to bait a fully buffed Cecilia on the first turn with a low Res non-TA unit.
A lot of us are going to be using that team next week, as long as Xander is going to be the bonus unit for the next month. :) I have my 50k feathers and need to figure out some promotions right now. It's killing me that I've never pulled a Deathblow 3 for my Reinhardt.

It's so perfect when you can slot a strong bonus unit (Xander) into the main trio of you team. It allows you to bring whomever as a fourth.

Roman

A lot of us are going to be using that team next week, as long as Xander is going to be the bonus unit for the next month. :) I have my 50k feathers and need to figure out some promotions right now. It's killing me that I've never pulled a Deathblow 3 for my Reinhardt.

It's so perfect when you can slot a strong bonus unit (Xander) into the main trio of you team. It allows you to bring whomever as a fourth.

Not to mention two weeks of Camus next month. It's a great time to be on team pony emblem.

explodet

Ayyyy, feathers and orbs from the arena rewards. Feels pretty good.
I might have to spend some flags to stay above rank 5K in the gauntlet, but I can dig it.

Oh, and straight from the JPN Twitter account:

Roman

My maxed out Xander is ready. It would be sad not to advance two tiers next season, which I failed to do this time.

explodet

Maybe I'll raise an Ursula/FRobin/Raigh defense team and see what happens.
Ugh, that would require leveling up a Raigh, though. I'll just inherit his tome to Sophia or something.

So if I plan to eventually having a strong Horse team, Flyer team and Armor team (done), upgrading Xander to 5* is a safe bet for a future Horse Emblem? How you guys built yours? QR3? Would feel bad giving Leo to him, family and all that...

parasight

Still have to max out my upgraded Xander, but all these new missions burning my stamina. Good thing I held onto my 5* Roy that I haven't butchered yet for TA.

So if I plan to eventually having a strong Horse team, Flyer team and Armor team (done), upgrading Xander to 5* is a safe bet for a future Horse Emblem? How you guys built yours? QR3? Would feel bad giving Leo to him, family and all that...
I went QR2 (sadly, no QR3 on hand), Hone Cavalry, Drawback (Reposition if you have it), Bonfire. Still haven't decided on an A Skill, but Armored Blow 3 works in a pinch for scoring—my Xander is mainly a buff battery for bladed Cecilia and Ursula anyhow.

It's kinda lame you don't get the orbs from any arena tiers you have already passed or if you skip over them with a double promotion.

So if you want all the orbs you have to purposely try to be demoted.

Roman

Mine has Swap (better on ponies since you can't put them on forests with Reposition and it helps staying bundled for blade tomes), Fury, Vantage, Moonbow, and Fortify Cavalry. With cavalry buffs he is strong enough to 1HKO most mages so I prefer this over a Quick Riposte/Bonfire build.

Fortify over Hone because I plan to give Camus Hone next month.

...I sure would've appreciated getting a focus unit on my first pull ever of the banner much more when it was actually a banner I cared for.

It's kinda lame you don't get the orbs from any arena tiers you have already passed or if you skip over them with a double promotion.

So if you want all the orbs you have to purposely try to be demoted.

Not really. You're getting the orbs for that tier every week, there's no point in going to lower tiers on purpose. They sure as hell aren't going to retroactively give us orbs for every tier we would've been on either.

Spoit

So I still haven't pulled any hinatas. Any suggestions for a different slot A for Xander? Or should I just eat one of these spare jagens for fury 2?

I went QR2 (sadly, no QR3 on hand), Hone Cavalry, Drawback (Reposition if you have it), Bonfire. Still haven't decided on an A Skill, but Armored Blow 3 works in a pinch for scoring—my Xander is mainly a buff battery for bladed Cecilia and Ursula anyhow.

Mine has Swap (better on ponies since you can't put them on forests with Reposition and it helps staying bundled for blade tomes), Fury, Vantage, Moonbow, and Fortify Cavalry. With cavalry buffs he is strong enough to 1HKO most mages so I prefer this over a Quick Riposte/Bonfire build.

Um... Both are interesting, thanks! What is the best IV for Cecilia? I have like 12, I would hope I have at least best Boon somewhere. I don't really use my 5* Nino anymore so I would be tempted to give Cecilia her weapon, but I have a feeling that it will catch up to me one day and I will regret it. I guess she's doing alright with normal blade.

Sushen

I'm still deciding whether moonbow or bonfire for Xander. His speed is meh so I don't think he'll double often enough to justify bonfire? Hmm. Any thoughts?

Roman

Um... Both are interesting, thanks! What is the best IV for Cecilia? I have like 12, I would hope I have at least best Boon somewhere. I don't really use my 5* Nino anymore so I would be tempted to give Cecilia her weapon, but I have a feeling that it will catch up to me one day and I will regret it. I guess she's doing alright with normal blade.

+Atk, any bane is fine except Spd I guess. The difference between normal and 5* Gronnblade is 4 Mt so it's not really necessary - most of the time you escalate damage anyway.

I'm still deciding whether moonbow or bonfire for Xander. His speed is meh so I don't think he'll double often enough to justify bonfire? Hmm. Any thoughts?

Vantage and Fury actually synergize with each other whereas you will only activate Quick Riposte once per battle. At that point Vantage can by itself win the map while QR becomes useless. It's definitely a valid build but if you escalate his Atk and Spd with +10 or +14 buffs I find QR doesn't add much, especially if the goal is to bait (multiple) mages.

+Atk, any bane is fine except Spd I guess. The difference between normal and 5* Gronnblade is 4 Mt so it's not really necessary - most of the time you escalate damage anyway.

Alright, thanks! Wish I had a Vantage 3, still have not pulled a Lon'qu since day 1 this game was released... If I end up eventually investing into a Cecilia and Ursula to 5*, would Elise, Cecilia, Ursula and Xander be a good horse team using all the cavalry buffs? Or is there one between Cecilia and Ursula that should stay 4* for an eventual replacement?

Edit: Found a 3* +ATK/-DEF Cecilia!

Not really. You're getting the orbs for that tier every week, there's no point in going to lower tiers on purpose. They sure as hell aren't going to retroactively give us orbs for every tier we would've been on either.
So if you stay at the same rank for multiple weeks you still get the orbs? They aren't a one time reward for when you first achieve that rank?

Unless I'm mistaken she wins more matchups with a speed boon (it's worth 4). Although the one shot margin is better with the extra attack

McNum

Alright, thanks! Wish I had a Vantage 3, still have not pulled a Lon'qu since day 1 this game was released... If I end up eventually investing into a Cecilia and Ursula to 5*, would Elise, Cecilia, Ursula and Xander be a good horse team using all the cavalry buffs? Or is there one between Cecilia and Ursula that should stay 4* for an eventual replacement?

Edit: Found a 3* +ATK/-DEF Cecilia!
I'm not sure on using Elise. I mean, sure she's a mounted healer who can do mounted healer things, but as units for a cavalry team go, you can do better. As for who to leave at 4, probably Ursula. She's good, but not Reinhardt good. He should be on your biggest wishlist. I think for a fourth, you want someone bulky. Someone who can take a hit and keep going. I'm waiting for Camus for the real final spot, but currently I have Sully sitting in. She fights swords and can take a red magical hit. That's nice for Cecilia and Xander can keep axes away from Reinhardt/Ursula.

The general idea with cavalry team is hitting fast and hitting hard. If Elise has time to heal, something just went wrong. And in that case, I'd rather have a physical unit that can fight what might threaten my mages than a healer.

champloo

Seems everyone is suddenly on board pony emblem.. Just put together mine as well, Leo/Spring Xander/Cecilia, still need to pull a Jagen(!), but so far it's working pretty great.

Mupod

well, the Roy I got trying for Celica could come in handy after all. -atk sucks but I only need him to tank greens for me.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are they not going to update rankings before the close?

Edit: Ok, finally updated. With 155610 points, I am ranked 8079 on team Robin.

I'm not sure on using Elise. I mean, sure she's a mounted healer who can do mounted healer things, but as units for a cavalry team go, you can do better. As for who to leave at 4, probably Ursula. She's good, but not Reinhardt good. He should be on your biggest wishlist. I think for a fourth, you want someone bulky. Someone who can take a hit and keep going. I'm waiting for Camus for the real final spot, but currently I have Sully sitting in. She fights swords and can take a red magical hit. That's nice for Cecilia and Xander can keep axes away from Reinhardt/Ursula.

The general idea with cavalry team is hitting fast and hitting hard. If Elise has time to heal, something just went wrong. And in that case, I'd rather have a physical unit that can fight what might threaten my mages than a healer.

Yea... Just always trying to fit one of my numerous 5* WHM in there somewhere. Thanks! Will go with Xander that I will upgrade to 5*, Blade Cecilia and Blade Ursula. For other Cavalry I have available at 3 or 4 stars: Abel, Peri, Frederick, Stahl, Jagen, Gunter and Sully. For 5* I have Leo. Not sure who to use as the 4th.

Also, could I get the skillset that you guys are using for Cecilia and Ursula beside the Blades? Thanks!

champloo

Yea... Just always trying to fit one of my numerous 5* WHM in there somewhere. Thanks! Will go with Xander that I will upgrade to 5*, Blade Cecilia and Blade Ursula. For other Cavalry I have available at 3 or 4 stars: Abel, Peri, Frederick, Stahl, Jagen, Gunter and Sully. For 5* I have Leo. Not sure who to use as the 4th.

Also, could I get the skillset that you guys are using for Cecilia and Ursula beside the Blades? Thanks!

My +spd blade Cecilia runs Draw Back/Fury/Desperation/Ward Cavalry, haven't have the sp to add a special yet, will probably go with Moonbow. May try Darting Blow over Fury later to decide which one I like more.
Honestly though, she pretty much one shot everything that these skills almost doesn't matter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom