• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I tend to look down an any skill/unit that good under the condition that character is being babysat by other characters.

Celica is interesting to me because I could presumably Ardent Sacrifice her back to full health with Linde, and activate Desperation in the process. I heal Hector back into Quick Riposte range all the time but it's rarely been that useful.

That said, even though I pulled Genny this morning it'll take a lot to sell me on healers.

About 90 Orbs. NOT EVEN 1 good character for SI like Hinata or something. Fuck that... I can't hardly stand having this kind of shit luck in this game anymore. Should battle sunk cost fallacy and wipe the account clean and uninstall. I don't even ask for a 5*. 80 orbs and truly not even one SI fodder should not happen, even less many times.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I'm basically debating whether I want to give my Ike Fury 3. The reason why I'm debating is because heavy blade is pretty sweet, especially with threaten attack. Also because he has freaking zero sp. aka it would take a million years of grinding. Persuade me gaf!

His current build is Heavy Sword 3, Vantage 3, Threaten Attack 3, Reposition, and Luna. +HP -DEF.

Sushen

About 90 Orbs. NOT EVEN 1 good character for SI like Hinata or something. Fuck that... I can't hardly stand having this kind of shit luck in this game anymore. Should battle sunk cost fallacy and wipe the account clean and uninstall. I don't even ask for a 5*. 80 orbs and truly not even one SI fodder should not happen, even less many times.
If it makes you feel any better, 250+ got me all trashes but -atk Linde, which is in her own trash tier. Only positive out of this is that I'm back to f2p.

Speaking of being f2p, 2 daily free orbs are gone again.

backlot

Anyone know how the Voting Gauntlet selects which unit from your friends list you get paired up with? I swear I get paired with the same Hector 95% of the time despite having a nearly full friends list.

Wilsongt

Um.

I think the gacha is broken.

I had 20 more orbs.

Pulled a green hoping for Boey, and got Soren.

Decided to do a full pull and got a second Celica. +atk, -def this time

Um.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Celica is interesting to me because I could presumably Ardent Sacrifice her back to full health with Linde, and activate Desperation in the process. I heal Hector back into Quick Riposte range all the time but it's rarely been that useful.

That said, even though I pulled Genny this morning it'll take a lot to sell me on healers.
How good is Ardent Sacrifice for that? I use Reciprocal Aid to bring my Fury+QR characters back into range too, but I never tried using Ardent Sacrifice for it because I figured 10 hp per turn wasn't enough.

If it is though, I might try switching to it because obviously Reciprocal Aid only goes so far before you end up with a team full of people at half health or worse.

If it makes you feel any better, 250+ got me all trashes but -atk Linde, which is in her own trash tier. Only positive out of this is that I'm back to f2p.

Speaking of being f2p, 2 daily free orbs are gone again.

While I really don't wish bad luck on anyone here, yes it helps to share the pain with other people when a lot of posts are 2, sometimes 3 5* within one pull (I know they are exceptional pulls and I never even expect to come close to that). Thanks and sorry for your shit luck.

Mupod

How good is Ardent Sacrifice for that? I use Reciprocal Aid to bring my Fury+QR characters back into range too, but I never tried using Ardent Sacrifice for it because I figured 10 hp per turn wasn't enough.

If it is though, I might try switching to it because obviously Reciprocal Aid only goes so far before you end up with a team full of people at half health or worse.

One cast of it puts Linde into desperation 3 range. The only thing is I need a damaged unit to use it on, but I always have one as 90% of my matches start with Hector counter-killing someone on turn 1. It's only saved me a handful of times, but it allows for safer cleanup of distant counter units.

When I use it, I typically dance Linde and use it twice for 20 hp. Linde's HP doesn't mean shit 99% of the time and she just drains it all with Fury anyways. Of course she can't use it when she's running around with 1 hp but the other team's pretty dead by then.

Mupod

So I'm basically debating whether I want to give my Ike Fury 3. The reason why I'm debating is because heavy blade is pretty sweet, especially with threaten attack. Also because he has freaking zero sp. aka it would take a million years of grinding. Persuade me gaf!

His current build is Heavy Sword 3, Vantage 3, Threaten Attack 3, Reposition, and Luna. +HP -DEF.

I'd probably only do the fury/vantage/moonbow 'cookie cutter Ryoma' build on a +SPD Ike. But it'd be effective either way. I'm liking heavy blade/Luna/quick riposte on mine but his bad speed and lack of Vantage makes him a little riskier.

Don't underestimate how fast Ike can farm SP though. He's one of the easiest units in the game for it.

Is +att -spd Klein usable? I'm just wondering if I should train him up or just give Death Blow to Reinhardt.

if I had a 5* Klein I'd be too tempted to give his bow to Setsuna. That sounds usable though, maybe hold on to him until we know more about the vortex mode thing?

Akuun

One cast of it puts Linde into desperation 3 range. The only thing is I need a damaged unit to use it on, but I always have one as 90% of my matches start with Hector counter-killing someone on turn 1. It's only saved me a handful of times, but it allows for safer cleanup of distant counter units.

When I use it, I typically dance Linde and use it twice for 20 hp. Linde's HP doesn't mean shit 99% of the time and she just drains it all with Fury anyways. Of course she can't use it when she's running around with 1 hp but the other team's pretty dead by then.
Oh, okay. It looks like it works for your setup since you have one distant counter unit, a dancer and a Desperation user.

I think Reciprocal Aid would work better for me because I don't have that setup, but I'll keep in mind if I ever go with a similar team.

Also useful to know that Ardent Sacrifice doesn't work at 1 hp. I thought it worked regardless of the user's health, but only removed 10 hp if they had any left over.

Ninferno

You guys are making focus unit pulls sound so easy and yet here I am after 200+ orb down the drain sniping reds, got nothing of value but a 2nd 5* Lilina, like I have any use of her or something, clearing my hard-earned pity counter with hard-earned F2P orbs. And yeah, not even a Hinata to ease the pain.

I need Celica in my life but at this rate I guess I can only have her in her actual games. Speaking of actual games, SoV is due out in 3 days and I fully expect the daily log-in orbs to return by then for the "celebration" of SoV's western launch. With that and the 20 orbs due when the voting gauntlet ends, I hope to have some final shots in getting Celica.

Roman

For anyone wondering if they "should pull" on this banner, I have written short reviews in our Discord server (linked in the OP):

Celica boasts almost identical stats to Tharja, only giving up 1 Spd and 1 Def for 2 more Res. With a Raudrblade tome she should thus perform almost as well. However, you also have the option of running her with her personal new 14 might tome - Ragnarok, which boosts her into overdrive with 37 Atk and 38 Spd as long as she is at full health. If you pair this with Fury 3, she has 40 Atk (54 with the tome) and 41 Spd. After initiating combat once she loses 11 HP, which is enough to get her into Desperation range. If you have pulled a non -Atk or -Spd Celica I would fully recommend trying out this build. Her ceiling is lower than that of any blade mage, but she doesn't need buffs to be lethal.

However, she is still red which is not the best color for fragile, offensive magic and her enemy phase is atrocious. Thus, she shouldn't at all be considered for S. This is a very clear A.

Before seeing her stats I expected Mae to be a glass cannon blue mage in a similar vein as Linde or Lucina. However, with her 31 Spd, 30 Res and 36 Atk she actually fills the until now empty niche of blue resistance tank, which makes her comparable to the likes of Sanaki and Julia. However, she lacks a powerful personal tome and, considering the current blue and green magic filled metagame, finds herself in a questionable position. It's possible that she will see more use once red magic trends upwards, but right now there is little reason to put her a whole tier above Sanaki. I would recommend Nowi over her for a very similar role. Thus, Mae belongs in B.

Boey is an attempt to counteract the offensive 1RKO arena metagame by introducing more physically defensive mage options. Boey makes okay use of the tome he starts with, and Gronnraven would be another solid option. However, he compares unfavorably to female Robin for the same role, boasting +3 HP/-2 Spd/+3 Def/-4 Res. Losing 4 Res and 2 Spd in favor of HP and some physical bulk is not at all justified in my view, and there is absolutely no reason to put him a tier above Robin. Thus, Boey undoubtedly belongs in C.

If you like you can vote on where we will place them on our tier list, along with the voting on any other changes you would like to see on the list. We'll close the first week of voting today and adjust the tier list accordingly.

Thank you very much for your participation!

Mupod

if I was desperate for a red mage I have a perfect 4* Tharja and lots of feathers. I just wanted Celica for arena bonus, I like her art, and her special abilities sound fun and support my playstyle. Won't die if I don't find her, but I need an excuse to keep pulling reds anyways.

No orbs for the daily login bonus.. I probably won't play much in the future if that becomes a reality.

I don't know why they are being tsundere about them. They take them away for a few days at a time then bring them back with another random 'login event', but so far we've spent far more time with 2 orbs a day active than without.

Roman

The western release of Echoes is this week, and new Seal quests were datamined, so they have even better excuses to "celebrate" with a new login bonus this time. I wouldn't worry about it.

The western release of Echoes is this week, and new Seal quests were datamined, so they have even better excuses to "celebrate" with a new login bonus this time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yea wasn't there a small lapse of daily orbs before the Japanese release as well?

Akuun

You guys are making focus unit pulls sound so easy and yet here I am after 200+ orb down the drain sniping reds, got nothing of value but a 2nd 5* Lilina, like I have any use of her or something, clearing my hard-earned pity counter with hard-earned F2P orbs. And yeah, not even a Hinata to ease the pain.
To make us unlucky guys feel better:

- I have pulled on most banners at least once, and I've never pulled a focus character except for Ephriam, Lucina and Hana. Most come blank.
- Almost all of my pulls are garbage or close to it. I tend to have more fodder than I need because I never pull anyone worth using the fodder on.
- Most of my pulls have 3 or more grey orbs in them, or usually the colors I don't want.
- I have never gotten anything useful from a pull I paid for (I have maybe $80 spent on the game at this point). All of my useful characters came from free orbs.
- I have a zillion Niles and Florinas.
- At least half of my 5* characters are -atk or -spd.

pelicansurf

I'd probably only do the fury/vantage/moonbow 'cookie cutter Ryoma' build on a +SPD Ike. But it'd be effective either way. I'm liking heavy blade/Luna/quick riposte on mine but his bad speed and lack of Vantage makes him a little riskier.

Don't underestimate how fast Ike can farm SP though. He's one of the easiest units in the game for it.

Hmm, that's disappoint, figured he could use the bump, but if it's not worth it, I'll keep Fury 3 on ice for another opportunity. Yeah, I know you can farm SP very easily with him (especially with Ninian, Olivia, and a healer), I did it for Vantage 3, but like 525 SP is a lot at 3 SP a kill lol.

A.J.

Banned
I wish they would get rid of the random orbs before summoning. I hate getting a bunch of colors I don't want and none of the ones I do. It should be 1 of each with the fifth being random.

Weebos

Banned
Spent ~40 orbs so far, mostly sniping red for Celica (
and maybe a 4* Eirika finally
). No 5*s yet, but I got a nice 4* Soren and some solid inheritance fodder.

Thinking of giving Soren Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept and seeing how that will go. I already have a Nino so I don't really need another Gronnblade.

Syntsui

New maps are very hard without some specific teams, this is good I guess but I don't want to get out of my comfort zone >.>.

Mupod

To make us unlucky guys feel better:

- I have pulled on most banners at least once, and I've never pulled a focus character except for Ephriam, Lucina and Hana. Most come blank.
- Almost all of my pulls are garbage or close to it. I tend to have more fodder than I need because I never pull anyone worth using the fodder on.
- Most of my pulls have 3 or more grey orbs in them, or usually the colors I don't want.
- I have never gotten anything useful from a pull I paid for (I have maybe $80 spent on the game at this point). All of my useful characters came from free orbs.
- I have a zillion Niles and Florinas.
- At least half of my 5* characters are -atk or -spd.

I hit 5.5% appearance rate on Legendary Heroes before finding a 5* Robin.

I hit 6.25% appearance rate on the Ninian banner before finding a single 5*, and it wasn't Ninian.

For the longest time my only 5* were Merric, Robin and -atk Lyn. My highest attack value was 40.

At one point I had 17 Subakis. I lost count of how many I've used for quick riposte 2 or sent home.

But after all that it turned around and I got some insane pulls like Ryoma/Hector/Takumi all at once. I guess it all works out in the end.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuck, I got a 5* Reinhart. I just upped my 4* Reinhart to 5* two days ago. Plus the new one has somewhat bad IVs, he is +HP - Attack.

Edit: I also got a 5* Jeorge, also +HP - Attack. Is he good for anything?

I think I am going to take my single yolo 5 pull and call this banner done.

pelicansurf

Fuck, I got a 5* Reinhart. I just upped my 4* Reinhart to 5* two days ago.

r i p feathers.

I got rid of a 4-star, +atk / - def Reinhardt to give vantage to ike yesterday and then just pulled a lonqu this morning. Feels bad, man. I do have a 5-star Reinhardt, but at +HP/-DEF.

I am grateful that my luck seems... "average".

Early on, got a bunch of 5 stars quickly, but they were worst Lord Roy (and two of them and on the wrong banner) and staff bot Maria.

Got 5 star Kagero soon after, who I didn't want. Except her Poison Dagger rips apart Infantry and she hasn't left my team since. Oh but she had to be -Atk. But she still wrecks stuff anyway.

Tried to get Ninian. After many pulls, I got Azura. Yes, she will be my new dancer, thank you RNG.

Hero Fest, I *finally* got Takumi. Except Kagero does his job better for me. Still, that's another thing to cross off my bucket list.

Finally, today, I got Linde from the Mage Girl banner. It took 3 months, but it was worth the wait! Stats are average, but thank lord she's not -Atk or -Spd.

Oh yeah, I was so happy to get a 4* Sakura who I upgraded and decked out with crazy skills. During Hero Fest, right before pulling Takumi, I pulled 5* Sakura. Yay?!

Akuun

I think any Rein is fine as long as he's not -atk, right? He doesn't really need to take hits anyway.

• I spent 8 motherfucking days rolling for Elise back at launch. Got just about every other colorless 5* in the process, including like 6 Kageros. I then had to put up with 3 months of everyone dunking on healers. :x
  • Back in the princess banner, I got a second Elise. Then I got greedy looking for either a third or a Lucina. I got Marth for $55. >.>
  • To date, I've spent $120 looking for 5* Effie. I don't even have a 4* Effie. ._.
This banner's been nice to me. Was afraid I'd burn the nearly 200 orbs I saved up on Genny, then burn another $55 after not getting anyone only to get a Jakob.

Akuun

That tier list looks more and more ridiculous as the roster grows. The number of characters in S and S+ tier is just silly.

Roman

That tier list looks more and more ridiculous as the roster grows. The number of characters in S and S+ tier is just silly.

I think it has gradually improved over time but some placements are extremely questionable, like Effie and Nowi a whole tier above Reinhardt and Azura. In fact they had Reinhardt in A+ before the Battling Zephiel banner dropped, clearly displaying how strongly they underestimated him and continue to do so.

They seem to almost never switch the units around to adapt to emerging metagame trends, which is why we decided to make a dynamic, community driven tier list in the FE GAF Discord.

Akuun

I think it has gradually improved over time but some placements are extremely questionable, like Effie and Nowi a whole tier above Reinhardt and Azura. In fact they had Reinhardt in A before the Battling Zephiel banner dropped, clearly displaying how strongly they underestimated him and continue to do so.

They seem to almost never switch the units around to adapt to emerging metagame trends, which is why we decided to make a dynamic, community driven tier list in the FE GAF Discord.
Cool, I'll check that one out.

I still feel like they should drop the S+ tier and move a lot of units down a few grades. With the way it's currently arranged, everything below A+ might as well be one big tier named "Everyone Else".

Firemind

Are you asking this because you think she's bad, or are you asking because you don't understand why she's regarded as good?
I feel like there's too much competition in the mages department now. You have to be REALLY special to be considered S tier. (At the very least have laddered tiers like other Fire Emblem games.)

Roman

Cool, I'll check that one out.

I still feel like they should drop the S+ tier and move a lot of units down a few grades. With the way it's currently arranged, everything below A+ might as well be one big tier named "Everyone Else".

I disagree with some placements on our current list too, and today we're going to be finalizing the first round of votings to adjust it. Everyone is free and welcome to participate and directly influence the list!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think it has gradually improved over time but some placements are extremely questionable, like Effie and Nowi a whole tier above Reinhardt and Azura. In fact they had Reinhardt in A before the Battling Zephiel banner dropped, clearly displaying how strongly they underestimated him and continue to do so.

I don't think that's the best way to view their list though. I think it's best viewed as different unit rankings within a certain category. So, for blue mage, Rein/Linde are the best, which everyone would agree with. I don't think it matters if Rein is "below" Effie or not because they do different things and don't really compete with each other.

But fwiw, I would rank units like Rein "below" other units like Nowi because Rein requires a very specific team composition to excel at the highest levels. I think that lack of flexibility counts against him.

Alucrid

Banned
I think it has gradually improved over time but some placements are extremely questionable, like Effie and Nowi a whole tier above Reinhardt and Azura. In fact they had Reinhardt in A+ before the Battling Zephiel banner dropped, clearly displaying how strongly they underestimated him and continue to do so.

effie and nowi never really bothered me, but when i see a reinhardt all i can think of is shit shit shit

Roman

I don't think that's the best way to view their list though. I think it's best viewed as different unit rankings within a certain category. So, for blue mage, Rein/Linde are the best, which everyone would agree with. I don't think it matters if Rein is "below" Effie or not because they do different things and don't really compete with each other.

But fwiw, I would rank units like Rein "below" other units like Nowi because Rein requires a very specific team composition to excel at the highest levels. I think that lack of flexibility counts against him.

Having talked to some of them and having been informed of how they make the list I have to disagree. They take units, strip them of skills and seals, apply neutral natures and analyze performance in a mostly 1v1 context. They also make these comparisons with units performing different roles. Technically this is an accurate way of comparing units (minimizing variance) but it's not really useful in the context of a practical arena setting.

It's why they rate units like Spring Camilla, Ursula and Cecilia so low.
Personally I think this leads to a list that doesn't reflect the realities of the current metagame at all.

I also have to disagree with your second paragraph, even on the highest levels Reinhardt performs remarkably well without support, and only needs one Hone buff to escalate his favorable matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom