• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, they're not playing around with this mode. Absolutely ruthless, looks like I'll be hoarding stamina potions for these Trials from now on. It's nice that it accelerates the SP grind on your top units though. Overall I really like this, though it's extremely demanding.

Side note, since my feather count is increasing rapidly (approaching 70k), it might be time to create some 5* skill fodder. I have a 5* Hawkeye that I'm tempted to use to put Death Blow 3 on Reinhardt, but:

-I prefer to keep one of each Hero for collecting's sake
-While the 5* Hawkeye's boon/bane is decent enough, the 4* Hawkeye I have is absolutely
awful
-I'm reluctant to get rid of pulled 5* units for some reason

Decisions, decisions...

Sölf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically you start by picking a few teams and then you cannot exit until you win or lose, right?

You pick one team and when that is dead you pick a second one from the remaining units. You can't quit (unless you give up) until you win or loose all teams.

Theosmeo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but basically you start by picking a few teams and then you cannot exit until you win or lose, right?

you pick one team and if it gets wiped you assemble another. After 4 teams you're done. Dieing still gets you points which add to your total so its not a big loss

redcrayon

Oh, so you don't have to set up the teams before. Thanks.
No, I wondered about that but it's pretty good, if you've been wiped you can tailor the next team to specifically take out the opposition without losing anyone.

This is a great mode, runs for two weeks, as tough as you want it to be and with decent rewards for even casual play.

HoodWinked

DobuFXw.png

50,000 seems doable. i'm getting around 450 per completion. i'll round down to 400 cause some i'll likely lose.

if i play two full stamina bars per day. thats 10 runs. so total 4000 points per day. over 14 days would be 56000.

i can always burn stamina pots or squeeze 15 runs per day.

champloo

I really need to drop my alt accounts. Game becomes a bore when I need to go through the same content three times. but I can't decide which one account I want to keep..

Ninferno

50,000 seems doable. i'm getting around 450 per completion. i'll round down to 400 cause some i'll likely lose.

if i play two full stamina bars per day. thats 10 runs. so total 4000 points per day. over 14 days would be 56000.

You should try to include a bonus char too, however weak that guy might be.

Ninferno

Yep, I'm in the account dropping dilemma too. Both of my accounts should be able to do 705 runs reliably if I'm paying attention, but I'm not ready to throw away my life by grinding Tempest Trials on both of them, which is definitely going to drive me crazy...

Problem is, I like both of my accounts and don't know which one to drop. My main account has been with me from launch, but my alt has Reinhardt+1/Hector/Ryoma/Azura all with serviceable to good IVs...

Decision, decision, decision...

Lissa is a great bonus unit to take. Rehabilitation is a godsend in this mode.

I do hope the have some extra score multipliers planned because this is grindy as hell.

I really need to drop my alt accounts. Game becomes a bore when I need to go through the same content three times. but I can't decide which one account I want to keep..

Yep, I'm in the account dropping dilemma too. Both of my accounts should be able to do 705 runs reliably if I'm paying attention, but I'm not ready to throw away my life by grinding Tempest Trials on both of them, which is definitely going to drive me crazy...

Problem is, I like both of my accounts and don't know which one to drop. My main account has been with me from launch, but my alt has Reinhardt+1/Hector/Ryoma/Azura all with serviceable to good IVs...

Decision, decision, decision...

flip coin :p

I do hope the have some extra score multipliers planned because this is grindy as hell.

welcome to typical gacha game ranking event

Syntsui

This is nothing compared to what Dokkan Battle and Brave Exvius events demand from you if you want all the good stuff.

Chauzu

Start with another team that has a bonus hero, and make sure you win the first fight. Even if you get a small deduction from Survival, you will get a 1.4x boost from bonus hero.

Mupod

seems like you still get full SP in here. Another incentive to get my cavalry team working. Even my first shitshow of a run still got 500 points and that included 5 deaths + like 30 turns trying to bait an awkward Reinhardt away from a clusterfuck of mages and archers.

But yeah the first 6 are just straight up training tower. If the last one always includes Veronica then I'll need to plan for that - g tomebreaker cecilia should get the job done.

welcome to typical gacha game ranking event

This is nothing compared to what Dokkan Battle and Brave Exvius events demand from you if you want all the good stuff.
Yikes. I didn't realize how much Final Fantasy Record Keeper spoils its players. That was my only long term gacha game experience before this.

Oh, it seems that it doesn't matter if your bonus unit is alive at the end to count so I'll just drag along a 3* M!Robin on a sacrificial team before switching over to my main grinding team.

Doing pretty well in Tempest Trials so far. (Rank 800 as I finish for the night) I used 1 stamina potion and I had two runs end prematurely yet I manage to score on average 500 points per run and I currently have 5500 points. This mode is brutal and it's making me spend some feather to get better inheritance skills on my go to team. I swapped out Olivia for Bride Lyn as a healer is pretty much required to get to the later maps without losing a unit.

Hm, Speed > Survival, bonus unit only needs to be brought out once.

If I got that right, intentionally sending MRobin and three others to their doom turn 1 then busting out good ol' Pony Emblem should be the best way to farm points.

xequalsy

If I got that right, intentionally sending MRobin and three others to their doom turn 1 then busting out good ol' Pony Emblem should be the best way to farm points.

Yes, pretty much. You have to be sure you can beat it 100% of the time with Pony Emblem though, otherwise, you should start with pony emblem and run Mrobin and low level friends as a sacrifice to make the final map easier.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I use my normal team of Hector, Nowi and Julia with healer. Pretty easy to clear with one team. At 690 or so points each, gonna take a while.

I broke down and blew 2k feathers on a promotion on Shanna so I could leech her Desperation 3 and give it to Nino. I don't like blowing feathers like that but my Nino couldn't remain unfinished after the shit she went through fighting Veronica.

kewlmyc

Wait that works? As long as they were used once, it's good enough? Cool.

Yep, got a score of around 676 by sacrificing a level 1 team featuring Lissa then going Pony Emblem. Didn't realize she was only 20%, so I'll go for a level 1 Robin from now on.

Sölf

Is there a point to play easier difficulty stages in the tempest? Or only play the lunatic ones?

Well, if you are just starting out or don't have enough units to effectivly playthe higher ones, you can play the lower difficulty ones.

Also, finished the 7 map version 3 times in a row now. Still haven't beaten the 5 map lunatic one. Game wat.

lt519

This is dope. 455 on my first try, went without a healer and Robin/Nino/Olivia/Roy and got to round 6 without losing a unit. Lost that round due to health concerns and then Pony Emblem cleaned it up. Had trouble in the Veronica fight due to a bad move putting Xander in range of Leo.

I only got an E for Speed so I'll have to improve that somewhere. A grind for 99k points is gonna be real though, yikes.

OVDRobo

Enemies really shouldn't have stats higher than those possibly available to the player while simultaneously having the ability to deploy 1 more unit. By the end of Lunatic, they have stats pretty significantly higher than a +10 merged version of the unit, which is just absurd. HP levels in particular are awful.

I'm not having too much trouble with the trials but they don't seem particularly well designed nor fun to grind for the amount of grinding they're asking.

lt519

Enemies really shouldn't have stats higher than those possibly available to the player while simultaneously having the ability to deploy 1 more unit. By the end of Lunatic, they have stats pretty significantly higher than a +10 merged version of the unit, which is just absurd. HP levels in particular are awful.

I'm not having too much trouble with the trials but they don't seem particularly well designed nor fun to grind for the amount of grinding they're asking.

I'm 100% disappointed it isn't a high score chase with rewards/quests tied to that. The fact that how well you do doesnt really matter since you have to play it 100x anyway takes some air out of the fun.

It wasn't particularly hard but the fact that I was losing HP is what did my first team in. I'm gonna sub out Roy with Lachesis(wrathful staff) and see how that goes. But if speed seems to be the better multiplier to go for it may not matter.

Finally got my Bride Cordelia, done with this banner! I knew that if I ever got her, she would be -Speed. However, she is +ATK. I really want to play this game with the characters I like so I am using her anyway! Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, Threaten SPD or DEF (not sure yet) and Moonbow or Luna (not sure yet either). With teammates using Hone ATK and Hone SPD, she does pretty great with that setup. I just know that she could be considerably stronger, but I will still get to kick some ass with her and quad here and there.

Since I won't quad that often, I was leaning more toward Moonbow with the new seal so it will trigger on the second hit of Moonbow with Death Blow kicking in.

OVDRobo

I'm 100% disappointed it isn't a high score chase with rewards/quests tied to that. The fact that how well you do doesnt really matter since you have to play it 100x anyway takes some air out of the fun.

It wasn't particularly hard but the fact that I was losing HP is what did my first team in. I'm gonna sub out Roy with Lachesis(wrathful staff) and see how that goes. But if speed seems to be the better multiplier to go for it may not matter.

I kind of agree. I wanted more time-consuming content but you can have a flawless run and only get a couple hundred more points out of the 100000 you need for everything than someone that finished with most of their teams expended.

The reward for good performance should be higher for certain, though I wouldn't want it to be entirely scoreboard-based as that just rewards whales and there's the potential to get a great score and then have nothing to do again.

Generally, though, the grind's too much in this and that's not considering the balance issues.

Mupod

I do fine until the final map but by then my team is too worn out, and Lucina is a poor counter to Veronica.

I've got a few options here -

- Try running a triangle adept MRobin in place of Lucina. I can make it pretty far just killing everybody with Linde, but she ends up at 1 HP so I run into problems when there's stuff like a Leo+Kagero+Henry clumped together on the final map.

- Get Breath of Life on Linde, go back to running Aura, and use the new seal to turn her into a makeshift healer. This would be kind of annoying to play and I don't like losing her blade tome.

- Give up on perfect runs and farm SP with my cavalry team until they lose, then switch to a proper team with a bonus unit.

I'll try Robin first, if that doesn't work out I'll finish leveling Camus. Stamina's at a premium but I gotta get him done. I'll probably just level Zephiel to 40 with crystals, I got him to 31 last night so it won't be that bad.

Growing/Blazing Light/Thunder/Flame/Wind and Galeforce are awesome for this. Being player-triggered, it's pretty easy to start the final map with them ready to blow up all the things. I'm sure that wouldn't dissuade people from not using Moonbow though. lol

I kind of agree. I wanted more time-consuming content but you can have a flawless run and only get a couple hundred more points out of the 100000 you need for everything than someone that finished with most of their teams expended.

The reward for good performance should be higher for certain, though I wouldn't want it to be entirely scoreboard-based as that just rewards whales and there's the potential to get a great score and then have nothing to do again.

Generally, though, the grind's too much in this and that's not considering the balance issues.
This is all funny to read after the previous pages complaints about a lack of grindable/rewarding content.

They finally give people grindable rewarding content and now its "Well...its TOO much grind now and I can't just breeze through it!" This grind looks somewhatsimilar to grind I've seen in other gacha games that people keep saying IS needs to take a page from.

Sushen

Fury isn't great in tempest mode, isn't it? I didn't even finish the full round trying the first time the top lunatic map. Looking at the reward list, they want us to play tempest only for the next couple weeks? I don't see how I get a high score without serious grindings.

kewlmyc

Fury isn't great in tempest mode, isn't it? I didn't even finish the full round trying the first time the top lunatic map. Looking at the reward list, they want us to play tempest only for the next couple weeks? I don't see how I get a high score without serious grindings.

Nope, unless you have a healer with Rehabilitate. And yeah, this is a grind fest. It's in line with normal gacha games.

Mupod

Growing/Blazing Light/Thunder/Flame/Wind and Galeforce are awesome for this. Being player-triggered, it's pretty easy to start the final map with them ready to blow up all the things. I'm sure that wouldn't dissuade people from not using Moonbow though. lol

I had this exact same thought when leveling Camus yesterday. He gets a lot of kills he shouldn't because he frontloads the damage. In tempest trials you can store special charges between maps or charge them up on helpless characters. It's not like arena where you don't have time or everyone has close/distant counter.

I mean it's a hell of a grind but quickened pulse is gonna be such a game changer in arena I feel like I have no choice.

Fury/Desperation has worked out fine for me...mostly. So far I've killed 90% of enemies with Linde only. It's not like arena where everyone has 45+ speed, I double almost everything easily.

This is all funny to read after the previous pages complaints about a lack of grindable/rewarding content.

They finally give people grindable rewarding content and now its "Well...its TOO much grind now and I can't just breeze through it!" This grind looks somewhatsimilar to grind I've seen in other gacha games that people keep saying IS needs to take a page from.

my only problem is the time limit. I just don't have THAT much free time. I'm gonna do it though.

Draxal

Tbh, I'm happy with this , but i know others aren't. I think we all have differing problems with what the game has.

Really liking this new mode but I can see some people struggling with the Stamina consumption. My best score so far:

DsHE3k1.jpg

Healers are top tier now for this mode.

This mode is pretty awesome. I will at least try for 50000 like a lot of people have said. My highest score from a single run has been 580 so far, so I can get high up with daily play.

I'm glad that I haven't been using many potions. 27 bottles should give me a lot of leeway for this month.

I haven't had a perfect streak yet in Arena. I don't want to drop out of tier 18, especially because this season is really my opportunity to score big. But 4844 seems to be my absolute ceiling, and I'll certainly score less since I'm searching for a reliable clear.

I've cleared the first page of June Quests, and I only need a few more deathless Armor Emblem wins to finish the second page. Thank God for Hector. The third page can probably wait until after Tempest Trials is over.

Those Chapter 9 Lunatic Quests suck, but I'll find a way somehow.

Mupod

Hmm. I can try a variant of that team, Robin instead of Nowi. I have Genny, Hector and Ryoma.

My Robin has a massive amount of SP as he was my MVP during Takumi's reign of terror. +SPD too. 32 speed doesn't get you anywhere in arena but it should be fine here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom