• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Is the "speed" score based on time or turns? I thought it was actual time, but I did a run in under 10 minutes and got a B rating and then went over 10 minutes on my following run and got an A rating. Not sure what the difference was.

It's based on turns

Rutger

Banned
The two banners from the game's launch had little intro movies for the featured characters. Robin, Roy, Lucina, Camilla, etc. But they haven't kept making videos, citing storage space as the issue.

Robin is a bit of a bastard because the movie plays even when you summon 3* and 4* versions of him.

Ah. Feels like it comes out of nowhere now, but it's for the best if means they're not pointlessly taking up more space for new ones

lt519

Is the "speed" score based on time or turns? I thought it was actual time, but I did a run in under 10 minutes and got a B rating and then went over 10 minutes on my following run and got an A rating. Not sure what the difference was.

I have no clue, cause when I got a B rank I lost a team (and I had wasted a lot of turns on that lost fight) and this most recent run I had one map where I got caught up with the AI constantly drawing back making it hard for me to attack so I lost 3-4 turns there (but one teamed the whole thing) and got a C.

I'm guessing when you die those turns don't count? Seems silly.

kewlmyc

My Cecilia, Xander, Reinhardt, and healer Lucina (Renewal + Ardent Sacrifice) team is doing pretty well. Been able to get a few deathless runs in, though sometimes the last stage or a WoM screws me over.

Weebos

Banned
Did three 5 pulls on the Camus banner, mainly because I wanted fodder and the focuses all suited me fine. Pulled a +SPD -HP Klein, yikes his default kit is out of control.

I initially wanted to scrap him for parts, but I'm thinking of keeping him now.

Sushen

Haha, 1hp Nino carried me thru 3 maps with just 5hp Azura moving her around. Tempest mode is a major time sink, though. It takes at least 20 minutes to play thru 7 maps.

So I think I've gotten the hang of it. I got a flawless run and got 604 because I can only do it with Lissa, if I subbed in any of the 1.4x heroes then I wouldn't be able to avoid deaths for all 7 runs.

I then had another perfect run, but surrendered immediately and went to my b team. Weakens the final round of enemies and I could sub in a 1.4x bonus character. Ended up with 631. Not a huge difference. I may just push through with team 1 to make sure I don't have an accident and have to burn a third team for victory.

When I surrendered on last battle my survival automatically dropped to 1.15x (B) from 1.2x (A) which makes sense. My speed also dropped from 1.5x to 1.4x. Again A to B, but I'm not sure if that is automatic or if I just happened to use more turns overall.

Im also really dumb sometimes and get caught. But even when I end up wiping I can make it to the last level and get around 330 points.

One stamina pot so far, 7113 overall score. I can use Nintendo points for 3 more. Hopefully they'll add some as a free bonus, but there will be at least two more from the weekends as well. I'm going to rush to 50,000, then take my time from there, as the additional rewards aren't worth extradordinary effort.

I usually want to spend more time playing. But time flies while I'm running these battles, and I don't even want to imagine the total time invested by the time it's done.

So I think I've gotten the hang of it. I got a flawless run and got 604 because I can only do it with Lissa, if I subbed in any of the 1.4x heroes then I wouldn't be able to avoid deaths for all 7 runs.

It's okay to not attempt a deathless run. Heck, it's actually recommended if you don't have a complete comp to go with the 1.4x bonus unit. :p Even if you send them out to die solo, they'll bump your score up more than the single death will knock you down. Afterwards, blaze through with your real team.

ggx2ac

Best result yet, and yes, it was with one team.

DB1Cj7-VwAApJA2.jpg

It's okay to not attempt a deathless run. Heck, it's actually recommended if you don't have a complete comp to go with the 1.4x bonus unit. :p Even if you send them out to die solo, they'll bump your score up more than the single death will knock you down. Afterwards, blaze through with your real team.

Yeah, I realize that now. I was just running an experiment to compare totals based on what I lose with survival versus what I gain with bonus characters. Still, I think I have better success when I run my best team. I can almost always get to level 7. Surrender, weaken the units, and then tailor my second team to the distribution of the final level, which tends to be heavy one color more often than balanced. I actually wish I had not merged my two Ninos and Eirikas though. I don't have any great green units otherwise. Cecilia is decent but Merric is straight trash who will lose head to head against blues.

Also, just notice that Marth literally has no skills. What? A unit that is useless without sacrifice.

lt519

Man just scored 676 with an A on speed. Had my original full team at 100% health on the final fight. Went to bait Cecilia with Nino and moved Lachesis into range without realizing. She survived but didn't have enough help to chip away 25 HP on Veronica and it ended up tanking my fight. Going with Olivia I need Olivia, Lachesis, and Nino to attack in that order to take Veronica down. This round just happened to have a Hector and my Lachesis died chipping away at Veronica so I couldn't take down that souped up Hector with Olivia.

I'm gonna make it happen deathless with this team, just keep making a couple missteps on the final battle.

Think the max is A-rank; 1.5 Speed, 1.2 Survival. Highest I've seen of either, at least. Maybe S requires both for some reason? Who knows? I get MRobin murdered the first turn of Round 1 for the bonus unit multiplier. lol

Yes...Different...

*Looks at Elise and Cecilia I've been using since launch*

Well, being competitive score-wise with fully SI'd armored teams certainly is refreshing, at least~

if A rank is the highest... booo
but I guess that's make sense since no one ever reported seeing S rank so far I believe.

New secret formula has gotten me my best score yet.

1.4x bonus unit solo, immediate surrender, and then move on to team 2 which is my real team. I even had to go down to team 3 and lost a couple members of that team but still got a 646 out of it. Interested to see my results with a "perfect" run after surrender.

champloo

I found out grinding on the 5 battle level to be easier, I can consistently get 500+ per round there.

Also, Snacky is very strong on the last map.

Jims

This new mode is really fun, although I am bad at it so far. I leveled almost all of my 4* and 5* units to 40 but never really use them, they just sit there for no reason most of the time. Now Reinhardt and Merric show up as enemies in my finals with my main mages wiped, and it's just like, "Well, Boey and Lilina, time to get off the bench." Weird using all these new guys when you're so stuck in your ways. It's a nice change of pace.

Also pulled a +SPD/-DEF Olwen tonight. Sweet. Might throw her and Reinhardt onto a defense team and try to build some gross horse emblem'ish thing. Two blue mages might be too easy to beat with a Julia or Nino, though.

New mode is fun. Optimizing my teams for later stages (generally Sanaki, plus Selena helps with armor/Hector, Boey and Spring Chrom help with blues/Reinhardt, etc) but enemy team composition can still throw you off along the way. Keeps things interesting. Figures that my versions of the bonus heroes are all on the weak side so l'm building up Lissa and Alfonse a bit.

Slermy

I'm very confused, I pulled a 4* Kagero and her attack is 11 at level 1.

According to this page, here max attack as a level 1 4* should be 10?
http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Kagero

I have a Kagero I'm currently using that I thought had an attack of 10, and already sacrificed Takumi so she should have "Close Counter". :-/

Slermy

well poison dagger is 2 might so shes neutral attack, shell make a good merge though

Oooooh. *smacks head* I didn't even think about the weapons influencing the stats. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the reply.

The only way to to double check my other Kagero is to fully level her since the stat allotment is "random" on her way to 40, yes?

syncyes

The fact that it's hard means not everyone will be able to get that high a score, possibly.

Mathematically I can get to 50k (I burned a few stamina potions and am at 10k rn), it's more that I'm getting bored/burnt out. Since I've been playing since day one and haven't missed any GHB/seals/etc. yet I would feel a bit mad at myself if I missed out on Quickened Pulse.

Mathematics

Neo Member
not sure how far back I have to go, what's the best node to farm if I can't clear all 7 battles? Best I got was 6/7, only have MRobin from the gacha boost characters, and not sure how consistent I can get 6/7

Draxal

not sure how far back I have to go, what's the best node to farm if I can't clear all 7 battles? Best I got was 6/7, only have MRobin from the gacha boost characters, and not sure how consistent I can get 6/7

You only need one team to have one character from the boost to get the boost for the entire run.

Syntsui

They made it really hard for me to care about this absurd grind considering this Fake Lucina has no skills and has the exact same stats as a Legit Lucina, whom I have a perfect one.

Also, that 50k skill is just beyond my disposition to sink time in the game recently, so I'm just ruling it out completely.

Draxal

They made it really hard for me to care about this absurd grind considering this Fake Lucina has no skills and has the exact same stats as a Legit Lucina, whom I have a perfect one.

Also, that 50k skill is just beyond my disposition to sink time in the game recently, so I'm just ruling it out completely.

It is a grind, but its nothing compared to other gacha games.

Mathematics

Neo Member
You only need one team to have one character from the boost to get the boost for the entire run.

Thanks! If this was explicitly stated in the news post my bad for skimming over it.

I basically haven't touched many stamina potions since release. 102 stamina potions. Looks like it could be doable...although there is a shit ton of OT scheduled for next week

Spoit

Just experiment. I think I get more points for failing lunatic than I get for clearing the one 2 steps down

Sterok

Marth got. Lucina/Ephraim/Nino/Lucina is my current go to team, with Eirika/Tharja/Young Tiki/Hector/Hector/Cherche/Olwen/Male Robin/Wyrs serving as the main backup. Nino needs full buffs to take down Veronica in one go, but Lucina and Tharja bully her with ease thankfully.

Syntsui

It is a grind, but its nothing compared to other gacha games.

Any grind is too much grind when you lost interest in a game. I'll keep just logging in like I was before, doing one set of arena and one of two of these trials and call it a day.

Thanks! If this was explicitly stated in the news post my bad for skimming over it.

I basically haven't touched many stamina potions since release. 102 stamina potions. Looks like it could be doable...although there is a shit ton of OT scheduled for next week

It is very doable, it's actually one of the most doable grindy events I've seen so far in a gacha game, it just takes way too much time and I'm really not thatinvested here anymore. I'm sure a lot of you guys will have a blast with it!

lt519

Woohoo deathless AA, stars aligned with a lot of blues on the last level. Had a few frustrating runs tonight in early levels a WoM getting me without paying attention, so getting this was nice. Can you score higher than 705 if you have a better BST?

I like this team comp, but Veronica is near impossible if she is paired with Hector. Olivia just can't handle them on her own. I'm considering putting TA2 on her or a ruby sword just for this event. I've only won it 3 times without a team loss, then I just bring in pony emblem and go to town.

Edit: just had another perfect run, got that final battle figured out now.

elty

New strat:

Use A team that won't fare well in the final map (i.e. blue units)
Reach final then surrender
Use a bonus unit + 3 fodder then surrender
Use 4 fodder then surrender
Tried to win the map with the team

Works ok so far, 4/5 success rate

WhyMe6

Woohoo deathless AA, stars aligned with a lot of blues on the last level. Had a few frustrating runs tonight in early levels a WoM getting me without paying attention, so getting this was nice. Can you score higher than 705 if you have a better BST?

I like this team comp, but Veronica is near impossible if she is paired with Hector. Olivia just can't handle them on her own. I'm considering putting TA2 on her or a ruby sword just for this event. I've only won it 3 times without a team loss, then I just bring in pony emblem and go to town.

I purposely built my Olivia for basically all Hectors and she's 4 star, 40+2 with Armorslayer and TA2. She's great!

Sushen

Mathematically I can get to 50k (I burned a few stamina potions and am at 10k rn), it's more that I'm getting bored/burnt out. Since I've been playing since day one and haven't missed any GHB/seals/etc. yet I would feel a bit mad at myself if I missed out on Quickened Pulse.
I've played thru 7-8 times, I'm starting to get sick of it. Between BS stats and repeating Maps, the initial excitement is dying out. It looks like the map never changes but units to counter my units, right?

I'll end up scoring high enough to get 5* Marth/Lucina, but if it's a carbon copy of Lucina, I don't see a point... I'll see if I'll be able to play this mode a lot this weekend.

Ondore

Oooooh. *smacks head* I didn't even think about the weapons influencing the stats. That makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for the reply.

The only way to to double check my other Kagero is to fully level her since the stat allotment is "random" on her way to 40, yes?

If the other Kagero isn't already 5* and is level 20+, you can do a fake 5* promotion and check the nature based on her level 1 stats there.

lt519

I purposely built my Olivia for basically all Hectors and she's 4 star, 40+2 with Armorslayer and TA2. She's great!

Yeah mine works fine against human Hector's in the Arena, but these jacked up ones are difficult, especially when you have Veronica breathing down your neck.

WhyMe6

Yeah mine works fine against human Hector's in the Arena, but these jacked up ones are difficult, especially when you have Veronica breathing down your neck.

Right, I've yet to meet one in my runs. Also, what does your Lachesis have? That's a boatload of damage on Veronica.

I've played thru 7-8 times, I'm starting to get sick of it. Between BS stats and repeating Maps, the initial excitement is dying out. It looks like the map never changes but units to counter my units, right?

I'll end up scoring high enough to get 5* Marth/Lucina, but if it's a carbon copy of Lucina, I don't see a point... I'll see if I'll be able to play this mode a lot this weekend.

She is neutral Lucina without skills. If it isn't worth it, and you don't want the seal, then this seems like something you can skip. I'm planning on seeing how far I can get, since my team of 4* Tharja, Erika, Linde and Maria are doing well. I can consistently get max points each run now, so its a matter of just grinding it. I picked up 8776 points today and I didn't even win all of them, so I should be able to hit 10K per day. Maybe I'll just grind it out on the weekend to be done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom