• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Deathless run with Eirika, Nino, Olwen, and Lissa. Works very well. Nino can even one-round Veronica with full buffs from Eirika. Will keep in mind. Tharja should be able to do the same.

Hmm. I can try a variant of that team, Robin instead of Nowi. I have Genny, Hector and Ryoma.

What makes this Genny useful is that she can finnish some foes and also this mode isn't plagued with distant counter units as Arena does. Do some IS on her to increase her attack with Attack +3 and give her Rehabilitate from Lissa. When she's low HP my full HP Ryoma does Reciprocal Aid on her and then she heals him to 100% with Rehabilitate.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I kind of agree. I wanted more time-consuming content but you can have a flawless run and only get a couple hundred more points out of the 100000 you need for everything than someone that finished with most of their teams expended.

The reward for good performance should be higher for certain, though I wouldn't want it to be entirely scoreboard-based as that just rewards whales and there's the potential to get a great score and then have nothing to do again.

Generally, though, the grind's too much in this and that's not considering the balance issues.

A couple hundred points is a big deal. If someone gets 600 points a fight, they need around 83 runs to reach 50,000. If someone gets 400, they'd need 125. That's quite a big difference.

Draxal

A couple hundred points is a big deal. If someone gets 600 points a fight, they need around 83 runs to reach 50,000. If someone gets 400, they'd need 125. That's quite a big difference.

To be honest, I think speed is a bigger limiter then stam as I had no reason to use my billiions of stam pots that we had before. I make a team that can breeze through the first six maps no problem, and then pop in the reserves for the last map.

redcrayon

Does the Marth you gain at 6,000 points only have weapon skills? Is the idea that you use skill inheritance to round him out a bit?

Draxal

Are stages and enemies are always same or changes each player thru?

They change.

The stages that annoy me the most are Arena Ferox (by far the most annoying stage), and Maribelle's stage.

Some of them can get brutal if they have the wrong enemy combinations.

Does the Marth you gain at 6,000 points only have weapon skills? Is the idea that you use skill inheritance to round him out a bit?

Ayup.

explodet

Having a "bullying Veronica" unit for this mode really comes in handy.

tumblr_okzqi72ZMy1qmu164o1_500.png

elty

Can't even finish the second lunatic one. The armor unit took forever to die (and good luck if it is a Hector), then the pony will just zoom in and kill everyone.

Such a BS I killed everyone but Veronia then boom, everyone back to 90% HP. I think I will just setup an A team that can kill 6/7 maps and content with 240 points.

Mupod

Quickly set up SI for a new team to tackle the trials mode. Need to use stamina as I'll cap out before lunch when I can play again, so I just started a run. Accidentally put in the wrong Hector and realized my mistake just as his lack of Pivot screws over my whole team...

Anyone remember the name of the song that plays on the final Tempest stage? I know its from Fate or Awakening but I cannot find it for the life of me.

redcrayon

Ok, ta. I was wondering if he'd get some tasty new skills as really I don't need another blank red sword. Ah well, into the ranks he goes. Maybe there will be a 'slaughter the dragons' mission in future he could take part in, 'till then he's probably going to sit on the bench!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Damn, this tempest thing is super grindy. I got two lunatic clears so far with Ryoma-Nowi-Julia-Elise and MRobin-Olivia-Julia-Elise. None deathless so far though - I usually lose a unit or two during the final map because god damn that map sucks with those super overpowered units.

A dancer REALLY helps in the later maps because even Julia can't oneshot them.

lt519

Quickly set up SI for a new team to tackle the trials mode. Need to use stamina as I'll cap out before lunch when I can play again, so I just started a run. Accidentally put in the wrong Hector and realized my mistake just as his lack of Pivot screws over my whole team...

That is the killer, I just started a run with Lachesis but have the wrong special on her and now my plan to have a healer carry me through is moot. At least she has Wrathful Staff and can contribute on offense. I'm on like fight 3 and everyone is super low on HP already haha.

I'm gonna have to take Fury off of Camus, Nino, and Olivia. Especially Nino, he can go a loooong way with 1 HP but eventually I'll run into a unit he can't wipe in one shot.

OVDRobo

Having a "bullying Veronica" unit for this mode really comes in handy.

Sanaki seems to be custom-made for bullying Veronica, which at least makes the final round much easier for me. Paired up with a dancer she doesn't even get a chance to fight back. Which she doesn't deserve with those stats and skills.

---

Hit the first milestone, at least. I think before I seriously jump back in to aim for 30k, I'm going to take a good long look at my heroes and their skills and inherit some new skills specifically for this mode. I've got a 4* Fae with renewal 3 waiting to be consumed which could go a decent way on the right unit.

If the banners were any better at the moment, I might try pulling for a green mage, but none have any standout units that I'd really want.

LOL. I lost two entire teams on the hardest difficulty, but I still end up with 603 on my latest run largely because of my B Speed rating and obvious hero bonus.

Forget survival. Just bring strong units. Now I just have to wait another 8 hours. I won't even need to use a single potion to get the 50K, but those 15 Orbs are looking quite delicious.

The feather payout will be really nice, too!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
That is the killer, I just started a run with Lachesis but have the wrong special on her and now my plan to have a healer carry me through is moot. At least she has Wrathful Staff and can contribute on offense. I'm on like fight 3 and everyone is super low on HP already haha.

I'm gonna have to take Fury off of Camus, Nino, and Olivia. Especially Nino, he can go a loooong way with 1 HP but eventually I'll run into a unit he can't wipe in one shot.
Nino is a girl.

lt519

LOL. I lost two entire teams on the hardest difficulty, but I still end up with 603 on my latest run largely because of my B Speed rating and obvious hero bonus.

Forget survival. Just bring strong units. Now I just have to wait another 8 hours. I won't even need to use a single potion to get the 50K, but those 15 Orbs are looking quite delicious.

The feather payout will be really nice, too!

This makes me sad. It goes against everything that is Fire Emblem to me. Trying to keep all my units alive. If the highest scoring method is just to bull your way through as fast as you can I think they've severely missed the mark on this mode (for me). I'll still play it cause its fun, but disappointing.

Nino is a girl.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting that to stick, I assumed she was a he for like the first month I played the game.

Sushen

Not only i can't seem to beat 7th battle, but also it takes a long time to finish 7 matches. I don't know how I'm going to find time to play enough to get 50,000 points. At least, I'll never complain there isn't enough to do, haha.

We don't get to keep SP and heroes merit unless the unit is in the last surviving team right? If so, that's a bummer as I can't grind SP while playing tempest.

Bovine

Neo Member
Tempest trials have been really boring. I have a large collection of lvl 40 5 stars, so I have been just bulldozing my way to the end every time. Hopefully I have the patience to get to 50k because I can only play this game for short bursts (I probably should use some of my vast reserves of stamina potions).

Akuun

Hm, you're right about the speed thing. I lost 2-3 teams to the last map (fuck you Wings of Mercy Olwen who quads everything), but still got 600ish at the end after lucking the fuck out and finishing everyone off with ATiki of all people.

IceMarker

It's gonna be interesting to see how far everyone can actually get on the Tempest Trial ladder. I'm hoping I can at least make it to the Quickening Pulse seal.

Theosmeo

Im super paranoid about stamina now lol, i cant leave the game on with more than half cuz i need orbs/quickened pulse/m. marth. Maybe ill just buy potions with points

elty

Daily stamina = 288
= 14 run per day

240 x 1.4 points
= 336 points per fail lunatic 7 run

13 * 14 * 336 = 61152 points over the course of 13 days.

This seems to be my easiest path to 50000 point, without stressing through the 7th battle.

Mupod

I simply don't have time to use stamina 100% efficiently, but I'm trying.

Was able to make it to the final round with hector/MRobin/ryoma/genny, but my head math was off by 1 and the enemy Cecilia somehow survived a vantage moonbow Ryoma with 1 hp. This team can probably do deathless but I can probably get almost as many points just being reckless and fast.

Rutger

Banned
I was sad that I wouldn't be able to get the x1.4 multiplier, but decided to spend 20 orbs and pulled Robin(why does he have a movie for summoning him? haha).

I have plenty of stamina potions, so I might as well level him and some others up before going for the tempest trials, since I don't have many at level 40.

lt519

I'm determined to do this deathless with a bonus character. I got to final boss looking like this.

Baited Cecilia with Nino and took her out, healed up Nino. Ran into problems with Effie, Nino would leave her with one HP meaning so I'd need to put Robin or Lachesis in harm's way of Frederick to finish off Effie after attacking with Nino. Then Setsuna wrecked my world. Ended up Veronica vs Nino and Lachesis and I had no hope. Insert Calvary team to clean up. I think I could have figured it out, so I'm going to try again with this team. Edit: ah fuck me I could have slid up, attacked Effie and left her with 1 HP, moved Roy up and Shoved Nino to the right, healed Nino with Lachesis so she could bait/kill Cecilia then next turn finish off Effie. I could have then had roy tank Frederick and heal up for the final dual with Veronica and Setsuna with a full team. Whhhhhhy didn't I see that...I'll get this down to a one team run at a minimum today using this group.

Theosmeo

I totally thought when you lose units you lose them for the entire event. Like for two weeks. This much less stressful lol

Its less stressful than arena too, because losing a unit isnt the end of the world. Its kinda relaxing, just like training tower but with a spooky final stage

Mupod

I was sad that I wouldn't be able to get the x1.4 multiplier, but decided to spend 20 orbs and pulled Robin(why does he have a movie for summoning him? haha).

I have plenty of stamina potions, so I might as well level him and some others up before going for the tempest trials, since I don't have many at level 40.

The two banners from the game's launch had little intro movies for the featured characters. Robin, Roy, Lucina, Camilla, etc. But they haven't kept making videos, citing storage space as the issue.

Robin is a bit of a bastard because the movie plays even when you summon 3* and 4* versions of him.

I know I don't have too many options for teams soo...
Stamina potion abuse time. Need to build up teams as well as get points. Luckily I have a truckload of these things.

Akuun

I've never gotten S rank for speed. I imagine I need to oneshot stuff a lot more or something.

Not worrying about BST is nice. I can bring mages and dancers without worrying about anything.

Scum

Sounds like you guys are having fun with Tempest. 😀
I take it that most like the fact that you can finally spice things up with different teams, and not having to worry about totals and whatnot.

looking at various other multipliers, I guess s rank multiplier for speed is 1.6 while survivability is 1.25?

Think the max is A-rank; 1.5 Speed, 1.2 Survival. Highest I've seen of either, at least. Maybe S requires both for some reason? Who knows? I get MRobin murdered the first turn of Round 1 for the bonus unit multiplier. lol

I take it that most like the fact that you can finally spice things up with different teams, and not having to worry about totals and whatnot.

Yes...Different...

*Looks at Elise and Cecilia I've been using since launch*

Well, being competitive score-wise with fully SI'd armored teams certainly is refreshing, at least~

Busaiku

How do you get S Speed and Survivabilty?
I had all 4 make it through a couple times, but I still got A.
I use my Arena team.
Healers are worthless.

lt519

Did a one team run!

Final boss (Hector, Celica and Olwen come the fuck on)

Baited Olwen with Nino that was easy. Then turtled up and let Frederick come to me for can OHKO from Nino. Then let Hector attack Olivia so next turn Nino could take him out. He somehow gets healed 10 by Celica making that impossible and I end up with all three breathing down my neck. So I make a desperation play and attack Hector with Lachesis (yes she survives that). Finished him off with Nino, danced Lachesis and then suicide attacked Celica. Robin sitting in the corner gets obliterated by Veronica. Olivia runs in an finishes off Celica while Nino hides. Veronica attacks and leaves Olivia with one HP, Olivia attacks and then Nino and it's over.
What do I get? Less than a run where a whole team dies.

Bleh.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is the "speed" score based on time or turns? I thought it was actual time, but I did a run in under 10 minutes and got a B rating and then went over 10 minutes on my following run and got an A rating. Not sure what the difference was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom