• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Just for fun, recorded another flawless run, got spooked on stage 5 and 6 so only managed a C on speed though ):

Super low quality, but check out the final battle for a good strat.

https://youtu.be/q-xGtiZm23w

I've got these down to roughly 10 minutes.

Right, I've yet to meet one in my runs. Also, what does your Lachesis have? That's a boatload of damage on Veronica.

Actually nothing but Wrathful Staff from Genny. I'm trying to get some kills with her in this mode so I can put on a few more skills for her. She's pretty great when you need some extra damage, speed is too slow to double anything though. She's just got a great base attack.

Alucrid

Banned
i keep getting my kagero dead because i don't check for skills and wom or something pops up. i always manged to clutch it out with nino, shareena and lucina though. nino is the fucking MVP and i don't even have a +atk or +spd one. apparently i'm really slow though since i never get more than 1.2 for bonus for speed.

also renewal 3 + ardent sacrifice lucina healer is pretty great.

Vena

If I remember the description correctly.

I guess it's only good with a killer weapon + Moonbow since it would be instantly ready.

You don't like the sound of Minerva flying in with a free Moonbow on the first hit?

I like the sound of that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This event is great for getting SP. Also leveling my healer Lyn. I'll be sad to see this event go.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I gave my Takumi Breath of Life, I hope this isn't a waste of 525 SP. Though he is sort of maxed out anyway with Vangage 3, Close Counter, and Swap.

Spoit

I bet there's someone who's already experimented, but my guess is it's 'saving' the SP and exp after every successful floor clear.

ggx2ac

You don't like the sound of Minerva flying in with a free Moonbow on the first hit?

I like the sound of that.

That was the first thing I thought of and I don't mind it. It's just that Moonbow doesn't give that big a boost in damage.

I was thinking if I instead had Heavy Blade and Galeforce that maybe that would be better.

Starting to get better at this mode, managed to beat the final Lunatic challenge a few times before going on a skill inheriting spree and then clearing it some more. I pretty much have 3 teams:

1. Nowi/Lilina/Bunny Camilla/Bunny Lucina are just there to secure the bonus points and clear as many floors as they can.

2. Bride Lyn/Reinhardt/Xander/Camilla are the heavy lifters. They rarely go down before the final fight, and can even clear it themselves against the right matchups. Camilla's been a great addition, especially when it comes to baiting and crushing any Olwen/Reinhardts we come across. I'm surprised at how useful Rising Thunder on Reinhardt has been at times (I never bothered to upgrade or replace it lol).

3. Olivia/Lyn/Hector/Linde is the last line of defense. Olivia's dancing and Attack boosts help Hector and Linde clear the way for Lyn to eventually mow down Veronica.

Saving Sanaki, Cecilia, and an extra dancer until the end. There are so many Olwen/Reinhardt.

Chilling Wind will have to do on Sanaki. I had to dance around a pillar doing 0 damage to an enemy Gwendolyn until it triggered for 8 damage. And then it did 4 damage after Gwen activated her Defiant Res 3.

I give up. I can't win Arena against +3/+4 units with Dancers on these maps. What's the point of doing a 694 point battle when I can't even win it without losing a unit?

I'm dropping out of tier 18, and I'm OK with where I'm at for the moment. I'll be more competitive down the line, though. At least I got above 4000 (4322 to be exact) and received my 564 point Defense for this season.

Back to Tempest Trials.

_Legacy_

Got ot say, really digging the new challenges, I at least want to get enough points to get the new Marth. Would love to get to 50k score but I'm not sure I can bothered to invest that much time.

Ninferno

And there goes all Zephiel GHB quests. Done with 4* Zephiel and Sharena, at a budget cost of 15 * 2 stamina. No need to resort to 9-2 which is more expensive. FeelsGoodMan.gjf

Zephiel's has to be the easiest "Use xxx to kill lv 35/40 [insert GHB unit]" type of quest. Bring a healer and the required unit (Sharena or Zephiel himself) can tank him all day. Just need to watch out for Reprisal to avoid unwanted surprises.

After the super stressful Tempest grind, GHBs (even with specific character requirements) suddenly feel casual af. lol

Lelou

Finally something i really enjoy on this game..
I hope this tempest trials come for stay and not like a gauntlet event.

It has even great rewards, i coudn't hope for something more

Finally got a Reinhardt with +Res/-Spd. Not the best but I've been wanting this bastard for a while.

Should I just go ahead and 5 star him? I was gonna do Camus but I guess he can wait. I've had a 5 star Hawkeye waiting for this day.

Sölf

Up to 6k points now. Failed a few times, twice because I had the wrong starting team. Also finished the Zephiel thing already. Had to do a few times and after trying, I had to do the Sharena Lunatic and Zephiel kill quests in two different tries.

And then I failed because Zephiel did exactly 1 damage less than I needed to give him the killing blow. >_>

Mupod

got Camus to 40 and did a run with Eldigan, Super Cecilia, Camus and Olivia. Cleared the first 6 maps, surrendered and brought in a bonus character + good team for the final map. 631 points, could've done it a bit faster but I accidentally left Fury on Camus so I had to play carefully in later rounds. Forgot to put on seals too.

They also are very unfinished and need tons of SP. Which is my whole reason for this, as it's an economical way to farm. But a cavalry team clears the maps VERY fast which is important as free time is my limiting factor for this mode. Nice that I can still get decent scores this way.

Also probably a great way to get hero merit. Glad I didn't bother grinding the defensive maps.

Do we know if the Breath of Life seal stacks with the skill yet?

Curious myself. I'd like to combine it with Aura as well just to see how silly that is.

lt519

Lolwut. Lost two full teams and got 646. Yeah it's all about the speed.

Yeah it's dumb, I've done deathless runs where I've scored less than losing two full teams. I made it a challenge to do it deathless but I wish there was some in-game reward or challenge for doing it. Speed has never been what FE has been about so I'm shocked it's so heavily weighted.

Busaiku

I've won 95% of Tempest runs with my main team.
99.9% with the backup team.

In the rare instances both teams get wiped due to my stupidity, I just give up.
Not even bothering with a 3rd or 4th team.

Sushen

It took 2 plays to get all Zephiel quests done. Probably, the easiest GHB for me as none of my units took any damages doing so.

Roman

I've greedily attempted to get a +Spd or +Atk Cordelia - first I got 2 3* Saizos in the same roll and was disappointed.

Then I rolled one last time out of anger with 6 orbs remaining and pulled my first Kagero, 4* with +Spd/-Def no less. Really happy about that.

Tempest is quite the grind indeed. I'm at about 12k, full cavalry consistently beats the final map without much issue.

Mupod

it would be nice if they gave double points on weekends or something.

also my cavalry team is definitely making the grind easier, I just surrender on the last map and bring in a team with a bonus unit. Since I'm farming SP and hero merit for characters that still need both, that makes it feel like I'm playing efficiently. The mobility is fun too.

Note to self: Even if you can one-shot Effie/Gwendolyn/Hector (Praise Blazing Wind!) and bait Olwen/Reinhardt on EP, Draw Back anyways. Even with plenty of time to spare, I keep doing this and then Veronica charges at me and makes things uglier than they ought to be. >.>

Yeah it's dumb, I've done deathless runs where I've scored less than losing two full teams. I made it a challenge to do it deathless but I wish there was some in-game reward or challenge for doing it. Speed has never been what FE has been about so I'm shocked it's so heavily weighted.

Between escape chapters and defense chapters that swarm you if you're too slow, thieves stealing treasure if you're not quick enough, and the occasional gaiden chapter that requires beating an earlier chapter quickly enough, I'd say speed's always been pretty important. Then there's PoR/RD granting more bonus EXP for quick clears, and Blazing Sword weighing turn count more heavily than survival count.

Even ignoring all the times the series has rewarded speed or straight-up demanded speed, think about it: What's harder? Turtling your way through a 7-map streak across 300 turns? Or attempting to blaze through it all in 25 turns?

Yolo rolled for bride banner again because I'm an idiot.

Got a +ATK,-HP chom and a +ATK,-SPD Rebecca.

I finally got a usable bow user!!

lt519

Note to self: Even if you can one-shot Effie/Gwendolyn/Hector (Praise Blazing Wind!) and bait Olwen/Reinhardt on EP, Draw Back anyways. Even with plenty of time to spare, I keep doing this and then Veronica charges at me and makes things uglier than they ought to be. >.>

Between escape chapters and defense chapters that swarm you if you're too slow, thieves stealing treasure if you're not quick enough, and the occasional gaiden chapter that requires beating an earlier chapter quickly enough, I'd say speed's always been pretty important. Then there's PoR/RD granting more bonus EXP for quick clears, and Blazing Sword weighing turn count more heavily than survival count.

Even ignoring all the times the series has rewarded speed or straight-up demanded speed, think about it: What's harder? Turtling your way through a 7-map streak across 300 turns? Or attempting to blaze through it all in 25 turns?

I don't disagree that speed has always been a component, I've played every FE game. The difference here is there is no real penalty for death, maybe you are out 20 stamina if you can't pull in another team to pull it off. In those games you had a choice, do I risk recklessly pushing forward to get the chest before the thief or do I take my time to ensure all my units live to fight another day? Do I leave a shitty unit behind to delay the unit spawns behind me so my important characters can make it out?

This mode is basically, use horse emblem to fight through as fast as possible, suicide them, and then clean up with a team custom built for the final boss. Just seems backwards to me. I have no problem with speed being a component of the scoring, I just think units loss should be a much heavier weight. I can't remember a Fire Emblem game where you would intentionally sacrifice your best units just so you can re-select a team made to take down Veronica.

I've got AA runs with no deaths on this too already. I think that is significantly harder to do it deathless than it is quick. In this you can run horse emblem till the last map, suicide, then waltz in with Linde, Nino, Lucina, Tharja and face roll the final map. Or Nino, Robin, Olivia, Sophia, it doesn't really matter.

Mupod

676 losing 1 team I surrendered at the last boss to swap in a different one. I can live with scores like that. This was an A rank for speed (1.5x) and a B rank for survival (1.15). Dunno if I can get higher than that with this strategy, A is the highest right?

I had a really slow 6th map too, it was a bad one for cavalry. That one with the cliffs and the narrow passage blocked by 1 tree.

You know what really shines in Tempest? Miracle. My Miracle Barblade+ Linde is rocking it and she comes in clutch so much. It helps a lot when you know you can tank any hit and counter on the next turn, especially with Miracle Rehabilitate Maria behind her.

I don't disagree that speed has always been a component, I've played every FE game. The difference here is there is no real penalty for death, maybe you are out 20 stamina if you can't pull in another team to pull it off. In those games you had a choice, do I risk recklessly pushing forward to get the chest before the thief or do I take my time to ensure all my units live to fight another day? Do I leave a shitty unit behind to delay the unit spawns behind me so my important characters can make it out?

This mode is basically, use horse emblem to fight through as fast as possible, suicide them, and then clean up with a team custom built for the final boss. Just seems backwards to me. I have no problem with speed being a component of the scoring, I just think units loss should be a much heavier weight. I can't remember a Fire Emblem game where you would intentionally sacrifice your best units just so you can re-select a team made to take down Veronica.

I've got AA runs with no deaths on this too already. I think that is significantly harder to do it deathless than it is quick. In this you can run horse emblem till the last map, suicide, then waltz in with Linde, Nino, Lucina, Tharja and face roll the final map. Or Nino, Robin, Olivia, Sophia, it doesn't really matter.

I haven't used Horse Emblem and get max speed every time. Tharja, Erika, Linde and Maria. You just need firepower to kill quickly, and movement skills to get people in position, but it isn't that hard. Mind you, I haven't counted how many turns you need for A rank.

Alucrid

Banned
You know what really shines in Tempest? Miracle. My Miracle Barblade+ Linde is rocking it and she comes in clutch so much. It helps a lot when you know you can tank any hit and counter on the next turn, especially with Miracle Rehabilitate Maria behind her.

i didn't even know that was a skill that existed

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am hating the grind for Tempest Trials.

I'm at 14,677 points, ranked 3269.

To reach the 50,000 prize, you only need about 3600 a day. You did over 4 times that. Even if you wanted to get all the prizes, you're still over double what you need to do.

i didn't even know that was a skill that existed

Most people ignore it since it takes 5 turns to charge (6 with a blade tome), which you'll never really get use out of in arena. Thing is, blade mages usually don't need their specials (especially not Linde), so I figured the odd time it was ready, it would be nice to use Linde as a shield. I was going to give her Galeforce before I learned that ranged units can't learn it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
i keep getting my kagero dead because i don't check for skills and wom or something pops up. i always manged to clutch it out with nino, shareena and lucina though. nino is the fucking MVP and i don't even have a +atk or +spd one. apparently i'm really slow though since i never get more than 1.2 for bonus for speed.

also renewal 3 + ardent sacrifice lucina healer is pretty great.
I HATE it when these randomly generated super-units have Wings of Mercy. It's really obnoxious. It's especially bad if you've lost a few teams on that map already and everyone starts off in WoM range.

I've been trying to run a healer Lucina too. It kinda sorta works with Renewal 2, though obviously a real healer is better.

I'm just not sure how to use Lucina in a fight anymore because she seems too squishy to take much damage, so you have to baby the hell out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom