• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Got a 4* +Spd/-HP Reinhardt. Meh compared to my 5* +Atk Olwen, but potentially useful. And I got 5* Athena with +Spd/-Def. That could be useful.

MANUELF

Banned
Got a 5* Cordelia from the Tempest banner, is trash with her +HP -ATK

Now I have two Brave lances+ to give away, who benefit the most from it

Got 5* Reinhardt from the Vantage banner after just 4 blue-focused pulls and he's +ATK/-DEF so I feel blessed by the RNG god. Now the problem is that I don't have any Klein to give him Deathblow 3. :(

He will be incomplete for a while.

Roman

Infantry that uses it well: Charlotte, Donnel, (Lukas).

Armor: Effie.

Cavalry: Peri.

Fliers: Est.

If you have +Atk Effie or Est I would prioritize those.

redcrayon

Lancers with low speed, or glass cannons. Effie and Donnel are probably the most common Brave Lance+ users I see that have received it through SI, Peri too.

Roman

I have a Lukas and I can see it being useful for him because his Speed is trash tier

Lukas is alright with it but his utterly low Speed and Res mean that Red mages 1RKO him.

We've calculated that there are even some situations where an unbuffed Odin kills him 1v1.

That's one of the big reasons we're putting him down into A tier on the Gamepedia list. He's just not on par with Charlotte and Donnel.

Roman

Any thoughts on Legion with brave axe? I feel like being the only one who cares about him.

He's a better Bartre because he actually also has Speed. His biggest downside is not being able to have a boon, but even at neutral 36 is still plenty strong.

We're moving Frederick up to A+ but are kind of on the fence whether Legion should be on the same level or on one with Bartre.

Alucrid

Banned
i hate how these banners aren't all that interesting. i want to roll for SI fodder, but also want to wait until the chance to probably not get 5* banner units i want

Infantry that uses it well: Charlotte, Donnel, (Lukas).

Armor: Effie.

Cavalry: Peri.

Fliers: Est.

If you have +Atk Effie or Est I would prioritize those.

Funny how I just happened to be considering what to do in general with exactly those three. My 5* Peri +spd -res has been surprisingly good so I'm investing in her first.

Also probably just leaving things at 3* Legion and moving on. I have a Spring Chrom as one if my top producers, plus 5* Hawkeye has his moments.

Sushen

i hate how these banners aren't all that interesting. i want to roll for SI fodder, but also want to wait until the chance to probably not get 5* banner units i want

Pulled for the heck of it, and got 5 3* units that had no use. It was like exchanging 20 orbs into a few hundred feathers. I haven't seen Hinata for over a month now.

Sushen

There should be an option to give up and start over the chain in arena. I don't want to give a reward to someone who ruined my deathless run, and it's ridiculous that I have to lose a game to restart the chain.

Juni_

There should be an option to give up and start over the chain in arena. I don't want to give a reward to someone who ruined my deathless run, and it's ridiculous that I have to lose a game to restart the chain.

How would anyone get defense wins if they introduce that into the game?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Psh, they deserve the reward.

Sushen

How would anyone get defense wins if they introduce that into the game?

Psh, they deserve the reward.
Technically, you don't lose by losing a unit in arena; it just ruins your streak. So, I don't think they deserve it because winning means defeating all enemy units not one.

I don't usually let them have a win in that case, instead I just surrender in the following match which is a waste of dueling sword.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Technically, you don't lose by losing a unit in arena; it just ruins your streak. So, I don't think they deserve it because winning means defeating all enemy units not one.

I don't usually let them have a win in that case, instead I just surrender in the following match which is a waste of dueling sword.
You surrendered; they won.
You surrendering to the next guy instead just makes it dumber because you salty.

You surrendered; they won.
You surrendering to the next guy instead just makes it dumber because you salty.

Nah, I surrender to a beginner fight to someone probably newish to give them maybe their only win of the week, someone who has not yet become a cheap Horse Emblem OP Reinhardt asshole user. ;)

Joking aside, I just surrender when I lose someone beside if it's the 6th or 7th fight and I can at least secure the 4k points for the week. I am way too low on Crests to play the salt game, even if once in a rare while I feel like it (but I'd only punish myself).

Talking about Arena, 1644/2372 to move to Tier 20. Did not think I would end up there at less than 48 hours from the end of the season. Would have been more selective if I knew, I accepted 2-3 fights at 692-694 during my streak, thinking that no matter what I was going down to Tier 18. Only lost 300 ranks in the past 32 hours and last 2 days the drop slows down but I might end up just out of the cutoff.

Nah, I surrender to a beginner fight to someone probably newish to give them maybe their only win of the week, someone who has not yet become a cheap Horse Emblem OP Reinhardt asshole user. ;)

Joking aside, I just surrender when I lose someone beside if it's the 6th or 7th fight and I can at least secure the 4k points for the week. I am way too low on Crests to play the salt game, even if once in a rare while I feel like it (but I'd only punish myself).

Talking about Arena, 1644/2372 to move to Tier 20. Did not think I would end up there at less than 48 hours from the end of the season. Would have been more selective if I knew, I accepted 2-3 fights at 692-694 during my streak, thinking that no matter what I was going down to Tier 18. Only lost 300 ranks in the past 32 hours and last 2 days the drop slows down but I might end up just out of the cutoff.

With what score?

lt519

I salt kill teams when I lose a character, then surrender the next match. There'd honestly be very few defenses if people didn't surrender though. I can't remember the last time I legitimately lost an arena match. Months ago.

elty

If I want to build a pony team - what should be my core?

I have

5*
Reindhart
Leo
S!Xander
Abel
Elggan

4*
Frederic (w/ hone Calvary)
Xander
Camus
Cecilla
Priscilla
Peri

Sushen

I just merged a new 4* Cecilia to my 4* Cecilia and no stats went up. Should I level her up a bit to get yhe stats up? It looked like I wasted her???

Need another 25 runs for Quickened Pulse. Don't think I can do it. Thought I played a lot but it only worked out to 50 runs over the last 10 days. Jeez

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Runs just take so long. They are 10 to 15 minutes each. And its so repetitive, same maps, same set of enemies, kidda forced to keep running the same team. The only saving grace is that I can keep trying slightly different skills on my main team, Robin now has Smite.

Spoit

But yeah, does anyone have defense tips? It's been 3 seasons since I've actually gotten a single one. Even when I was trying to bait with Elise on my horse emblem team.

Preferably one that isn't dependent on Hector and Azura

Muramasa

But yeah, does anyone have defense tips?
ranged nukes +dancer. nino cecilia are cheap ones for examples.
i run this season bride cordelia(brave bow+), lucina, nowi and ninian. i got around 12 wins every week since i included cordelia with brave bow. klein, takumi, joerge would work similiar, with good iv.

also use the skill wings of mercy on your units.

redcrayon

ranged nukes +dancer. nino cecilia are cheap ones for examples.
i run this season bride cordelia(brave bow+), lucina, nowi and ninian. i got around 12 wins every week since i included cordelia with brave bow. klein, takumi, joerge would work similiar, with good iv.

also use the skill wings of mercy on your units.
This is good advice. Essentially, anything that makes it hard for the enemy player to read all the options your AI team has on the battlefield, can overwhelm them quickly or both. So cavalry mages+dancers, Wings of mercy, Brave weapons, specials with short countdowns, movement abilities that wreck the enemy formation or pull your units back out of range. Favour all-out aggression over defence, so no healers, and skills like life and death, Fury etc. The worst thing you can do is just have four armour/infantry melee units, as it's incredibly easy to see all their options, the player has time to get a strategy in place and thus bait and beat them. If you can put up a defence team than can kill units on turn 1, you'll see a higher return than one that walks slowly at the enemy and gets killed piecemeal.

There's also something to be said for an 'unbalanced' defence team (three blues etc). When attacking, you need to be able to handle anything, but when defending, it doesn't matter how many you lose, you just want a single decent win each week.

The worst thing you can do is just have four armour/infantry melee units, as it's incredibly easy to see all their options, the player has time to get a strategy in place and thus bait and beat them.
This past week in arena I ran into two Armor Emblem teams in a row. I got easy wins on both for exactly the reasons you stated here. Most had Vantage and Distant Counter on them but that didn't matter much when I baited them into attacking my Hector/Lucina/Nowi/Ryoma. My units just said "that tickles" and KOed them in 1-2 rounds.

Wiseblade

Need another 15k points for Quickened Pulse. The grind is so tedious, but two weeks of Camus/Cecilia/Xander/Reinhardt Horse Emblem could put me in Tier 20 and then I really couldn't afford to be without it.

Sushen

jesus, I'm probably gonna fall out of the 10,000 rank tier if I don't really start grinding. And I have 72k points.
72k for 10,000 rank isn't enough? There goes the little bit of motivation left. Now, I'm glad this event is for 2 weeks, or I'd rather have it for 1 week similar to the gauntlet.

I'm still deciding between Windsweep bow and brave bow+ for Bride Cordelia. BB gets me more instant kills, but windsweep is safer where everyone is running vantage, QR, and distant counter. Hmm...

Alucrid

Banned
i was in the 9000s for a while but it just ain't worth it. 2k feathers for all that work. there's still a 39000 buffer before i drop down the next rank so i just quit.

Firemind

Reinhardt with Quickened Pulse is just dirty. Before Kagero could check him and 2HKO but now gets OHKO'd back by Moonbow. A +atk Hector can't OHKO either and needs someone else to get in range.

Reinhardt is the most broken piece of shit I've seen in this game. Guess I need Nino or something.

Mupod

Reinhardt with Quickened Pulse is just dirty. Before Kagero could check him and 2HKO but now gets OHKO'd back by Moonbow. A +atk Hector can't OHKO either and needs someone else to get in range.

Reinhardt is the most broken piece of shit I've seen in this game. Guess I need Nino or something.

If QP Reinhardt becomes a recurring problem I'll do Quickened Pulse+Sacred Cowl on Hector. I'm planning on switching to my cavalry team if arena point requirements stay reasonable, buffed Cecilia should be ok even though mine is -res.

Nino is a little low on the HP/res side to be a reliable counter to the +atk, merged, buffed Reinhardts I see most of the time. But HP+3 and Fortify Res should be ok assuming you run Fury on her. The real problem with him is there's a very short list of units that can hard counter him, and you pretty much need to bring them just to do that. Julia and Distant Counter Titania aren't things most people just have lying around either.

Quickened Pulse get!

...Yeah, we need an Infernal 10 next time. Shame it'd be next to useless there though. lol

In other news, Sakura Squadron does it again (via Reddit).

jesus, I'm probably gonna fall out of the 10,000 rank tier if I don't really start grinding. And I have 72k points.

Yikes. lol Didn't figure that many people would aim for 100k points.

72k for 10,000 rank isn't enough? There goes the little bit of motivation left. Now, I'm glad this event is for 2 weeks, or I'd rather have it for 1 week similar to the gauntlet.

I'm still deciding between Windsweep bow and brave bow+ for Bride Cordelia. BB gets me more instant kills, but windsweep is safer where everyone is running vantage, QR, and distant counter. Hmm...

If you don't have a hard counter to Hector already, I'd go Firesweep.

Alucrid

Banned
got my full defense in for the week so i'm just going to try and annoy people

h5nZ8Xvl.jpg

lucina with renewal, rein with qp, hector and azura with wom

Firemind

If QP Reinhardt becomes a recurring problem I'll do Quickened Pulse+Sacred Cowl on Hector. I'm planning on switching to my cavalry team if arena point requirements stay reasonable, buffed Cecilia should be ok even though mine is -res.

Nino is a little low on the HP/res side to be a reliable counter to the +atk, merged, buffed Reinhardts I see most of the time. But HP+3 and Fortify Res should be ok assuming you run Fury on her. The real problem with him is there's a very short list of units that can hard counter him, and you pretty much need to bring them just to do that. Julia and Distant Counter Titania aren't things most people just have lying around either.
Titania is useless against everyone nonblue.

The problem is that the offensive numbers are starting to get higher and higher. With defense lagging behind, it more and more becomes who can OHKO who first. It reminds me of the multiplayer arena in FE7 and 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom