• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Pony Emblem is too strong. Also finally got Quickened Pulse yesterday so outside of arena I can finally put this game down for a while.

image.png

Somehow pulled off Infernal with Tiki, Bride Cordelia and two dancers.

Cordelia did most of the heavy lifting, while Tiki baited Legion once or twice.

For a moment, I wasn't sure how the heck I could survive the almost non-stop enemies.

Samstrike

After using 2 stamina pots for the infernal GHB I don't think I'm gonna complete it. It would probably be possible if I would add Blue Tomebreaker on my Reinhardt but I don't care enough about a third copy of Legion and 2000 feathers to destroy female robin.

42 Spd...Tch, fine, I'll invest in a 5* Subaki (because QR2 would drive me nuts for not being QR3).

Aaaaand done. TA+QR Xander ftw. I like how the red mage and blue mage have swordbreaker and lancebreaker. It's almost like they were meant to screw Xander and Camus. lol

Was somehow able to beat legion(lunatic) with the most unlikely team:

Eirika, Nino, Spring Chrom and Nino.

Nino handled everything that spawn up top by herself. Whereas the rest of them handle everything on the lower half of the map. Jaffer's after battle damage and debuffing along with Eirika buffing him was key. Chrom was great for killing the bue mage that spawned and baiting out one of the Legions.

Fuck Infernal that shit ain't happening.

Roman

Aaaaand done. TA+QR Xander ftw. I like how the red mage and blue mage have swordbreaker and lancebreaker. It's almost like they were meant to screw Xander and Camus. lol

I also did it with both of them on my team.

If others are trying this with cavalry I would strongly recommend putting Axebreaker on Cecilia.

legion one shot my hector.. :|

The GHB King is dead!
Long live Skilled Red!

If Infernal's gonna stay a thing in future GHBs, I'm sure the next GHB will make you want a skilled -raven. Also, maybe the next Tempest will have an Infernal 10...

If others are trying this with cavalry I would strongly recommend putting Axebreaker on Cecilia.

Same here. I just found it funny that the way the mages were set up made it impossible for you to maintain the traditional formation in the center, forcing you to break up. There's all the Panics thrown around too, including one reinforcement with a Panic Ploy in an attempt to further screw with your positioning. Felt designed to fight against Pony Emblem's absurd stats, though the enemy's own stats kinda made things difficult for everyone without the right skill setups (Axebreaker and such are great for this GHB as you suggest).

That said, Panic doesn't work on Goad Cavalry, IntSys. :p

Mupod

yeah I guess I'll try that. I came THIS close to winning with Camus/Eldigan/Olivia/Cecilia but the blue cavalry reinforcement has Lunge which put Camus in range of that jackass archer with a pre-charged Moonbow. Axebreaker would mean I don't need to waste dances or Eldigan's HP to take out the Legions. His buffs getting inverted sucked too.

Roman

Anyone having trouble with GHBs, Arena or team building in general is very welcome to join the Discord server linked in the OP. We have many helpful bots that fetch various information instantly.

On a further note, I'm on the tier list staff for the Gamepedia list and we have another major update coming up with quite a few bigger shifts, after a prolonged voice chat yesterday.

lt519

Infernal, oh boy haha. Beat Hard and Lunatic (with two people left at 1 HP) on the first try. If infernal is jacked up like Tempest I might have to go full horse emblem and pull in Titania or ditch horse emblem for a red mage.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Managed to pull through on Infernal somehow, using Eliwood, Camus, Reinhardt, and Cecilia. Really enjoy cracking open these little puzzle box levels.

Sushen

Wow, it's the toughest GHB recently. It took 3 trials to beat lunatic, but it came down so close that I was going to lose, I thought.

Not only new units spawn in, the movements changes match by match slightly affecting my adjustments next time trying again. Not gonna try the new difficulty until later. Time to level him up! Refreshing compared to tempest grind.

hemtae

It took me six tries and an adapted strategy stolen from reddit to beat infernal. Got it with Abel, Bride Cordelia, Celica, and Olivia.

I knew it was going to be rough when Hector after carrying me through Hard and Lunatic was murdered by the first Legion he fought.

Mupod

shit I'm gonna fall out of the 5k tier in Tempest. People are nuts, I thought I was crazy for grinding this so hard.

I need some kind of incentive to keep going...this close to just 5-starring Ursula and giving up the Reinhardt dream.

champloo

Thanks for the tip about putting Axebreaker on Cecilia.. managed to beat Infernal Legion with Leo,Cecilia,Spring Xander and Eliwood.. had to be extra careful so that Cecilia wouldn't get hit by the debuffs.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Thanks for the tip about putting Axebreaker on Cecilia.. managed to beat Infernal Legion with Leo,Cecilia,Spring Xander and Eliwood.. had to be extra careful so that Cecilia wouldn't get hit by the debuffs.
Oooo, Axebreaker is a good idea. Maybe I'll throw that on someone.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Hit 30k. Try to get the QP Seal before I tackle the Legion. Wonder how far I can get in the GHB with a few TA2 users and only one Laslow to burn

Mupod

aww, just noticed that Legion only gets Fury 2 at 4*. Lame. The Hinata hunt continues.

I wonder if they'll ever add Infernal mode for all story chapters, level 40 with boosted stats and occasional evil skill surprises for all maps. It'd be a lot of work but a great addition.

Sushen

I haven't gotten any defense win this week until this morning. It was against 3* level 1 Xander. I don't get how I got matched against this team. I want to see the rest of his team. How often do yoy see level 1 3* in the arena, haha?

_Legacy_

Finally did the lunatic GHB with Xander, Olwen, Olivia and Effie. Had to switch Xander off Fury 3 and go back to Armor Blow, the Legions barely damage him at all. Olwen with Warding Blow dealt with the mages and brave lance Effie finished off the spawns at the bottom. Olivia just danced away and Xander pretty much tanked everything on the defensive tiles.

Took me ages to get the movement pattern down and cost me several stamina bottles but this was a great challenge.

Respect to anyone who did this without a dancer and didn't run a full pony team.

macklelol

Well, with a few attempts, I beat Infernal Legion again, this time with full melee fliers. I don't really know why I even bothered trying it after clearing it earlier, but whatever.

Sterok

Won Infernal with Nino/Tharja/Eirika/Olivia. Tharja being able to one-round Legion herself is vital, and Nino can take them down in one turn with Olivia's help. Eirika just barely being able to tank a battle with Legion is what sealed my victory.

fek

Did Infernal with Xander (changed my regular fury set to triangle adept 2), Reinhardt, Nino and Azura. Required a stamina potion but I wanted to clear it today.

Alucrid

Banned
camus feels kinda squishy against physical and magic and xander is, of course, bad against magic. does that get noticeably less when you promote them to 5*? got both hone and fortify on them already. (i mean hone is on xander and fortify on camus)

Mupod

I keep getting super close to beating it but that lunge lance cavalry keeps screwing me over. I can't one shot him with Cecilia unless she has both buffs and I can never get the right positioning.

Maybe if I ran another cavalry mage instead of a dancer, hm.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm using horse emblem, but keep getting Killed by the last bow enemy. What team comp are you using?

Olwen
Cecilia
Rein
Xander

Cecilia has axe breaker, otherwise pretty standard builds. Reposition skill is, as always, very key.

I keep getting super close to beating it but that lunge lance cavalry keeps screwing me over. I can't one shot him with Cecilia unless she has both buffs and I can never get the right positioning.

Maybe if I ran another cavalry mage instead of a dancer, hm.

Yeah, I only found success once I subbed in Olwen and took out my rotating cast of characters in that 4th spot.

Busaiku

Took me like a dozen tries, but I finally did Infernal with Ryoma, Ike, Soren, and Azura.
Had to change skill sets so many times.

Put Axebreaker on Ike.

kewlmyc

Olwen
Cecilia
Rein
Xander

Cecilia has axe breaker, otherwise pretty standard builds. Reposition skill is, as always, very key.

Yeah, I only found success once I subbed in Olwen and took out my rotating cast of characters in that 4th spot.

Yeah, might need to switch out my Elise for Camus once he's ready.

Legion even on hard can keep you on your toes initially. On lunatic will have to rearrange team. Need to swap out Sanaki and bring in Boey (green takes hits) and/or Spring Lucina (blue nuke) repositioned as usual by Selena. Sounds good...in theory.

Add: yeah, forget that lol, gonna have to get some Axebreaker going on this team or rearrange, nice challenge. This is also what I get for ignoring Horse Emblem...

lt519

Infernal down, went back to my trusty Nino/Robin/Olivia team. I swear there is nothing this team can't handle. No need for axebreaker.

I found by moving my units as far south as possible only one unit could spawn south (more specifically one Legion always spawned south that I hit once with Nino then finished with Xander, then next round a Blue lance would appear that I could always kill with a danced Nino and then position Xander to body the incoming 2 Legions from East and West). The rest spawned North where I could prepare well. That last position is the only time I ever had Xander on a defense tile and that was to kill a blue mage that had moved there (thankfully it was low Def and Ignis was proc'd). To start Robin danced to the top left defense tile to start the game to bait kill the bow user, then next turn slid down two spots to bait the red mage. Nino bait kills the blue horse mage.

Also got my defensive win for the week against a pony team. Third week in a row I've maxed out my defense since assembling horse emblem.

kewlmyc

Heh, finally beat Inferno with my Tempest team (Xander, Rein, Cecilia, Renewal 3 Lucina). Pretty much run to the defensive titles, have Cecilia tank/kill the blue mage, Xander tank Legion hits, have Lucina take care of the spawning Legion, and have Rein kill the bowman and Red mage. Luckily only the 3rd Legion spawned in since most of the enemy deaths were due to counters so the enemy didn't get a chance to spawn the blue cavalry mage and blue armor buster cavalry.

lt519

I feel like my reinforcements were coming faster... but that might just be my imagination. Do they come at a set speed, e.g., 2 per turn? Or does it depend on how many you kill in the first turn?

I think I'm actually blocking some spawns on the south side and so they have to travel further to get to me, so maybe it just feels slower?

kewlmyc

I feel like my reinforcements were coming faster... but that might just be my imagination. Do they come at a set speed, e.g., 2 per turn? Or does it depend on how many you kill in the first turn?

I think it depends on how many you kill/how many enemies are on the field. No matter how long you delay, they don't spawn in (as far as I saw), until you kill at least one. I also killed 4 in one turn and only one legion spawned in which was weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom