• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

That was, uh, easy. Parked Xander on the bottom left tile and he just went to town, only had to pull back when the blue mage approached and he was taken care of easily by Rein. Joke compared to infernal Legion.

Chauzu

Finally did Inferno with BCordelia, Ike and two dancers. I don't think just getting the standard 4* unit and feathers is good enough, I'd rather have the 4* unit with at least one or two skills equipped and no feathers.

Hey, 2k feathers means a lot for me! I wouldn't trade it for anything other than more feathers.

Mupod

Well I don't really see how I can do this with my cavalry team as I don't have Xander at 5. I figured -raven tome Cecilia would work well but apparently Clarisse just about one shots her so...ok.

Maybe I could try something with g tomebreaker Hector, TA2 QR2 MRobin and a healer.

lt519

Well I don't really see how I can do this with my cavalry team as I don't have Xander at 5. I figured -raven tome Cecilia would work well but apparently Clarisse just about one shots her so...ok.

Maybe I could try something with g tomebreaker Hector, TA2 QR2 MRobin and a healer.

Got an Ike or Ryoma? I imagine with QR they'd be equally as devastating. I had one character break the wall, then kill the red with a blue mage, dance the blue mage out, and then put Xander on the tile so he was full health for QR. Green Mages suicides, ninja and clarisse barely hurt. Have blue mage take out Clarisse then back everyone up. Blue mage can take out the red sword fighter as he comes in then you only have the blue mage and ninja left which is cleanup work.

TA Robin sounds like a good fit for where I had my Rein.

Edit: can confirm TA2 Robin works although I still used Xander but he had no cavalry buffs, I replaced Camus with Eirika as a throwaway unit.

Chauzu

How's Clarisse as a unit?

Neutral nature gives her worse stats than +atk Setsuna in terms of Attack and Speed, and those are the most important stats for the conmon archer builds, so pretty subpar. Her stats are more built to help chip away at opponents but that is not something you want your archers to do in general.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
As usual, Infernal is way harder than Lunatic. Gonna need to give this another few tries.

But at least ATiki is putting in serious work here.

Feels like no one is really trying in this gauntlet, compared to the other ones they've hosted (myself included). Was sitting at Rank 14,000 in Team Maria with a measly score of 720 just awhile ago. Probably a combination of lack of enthusiasm for healers and how many feathers we had been given over the past month.
It might be partly because Tempest burned out a lot of people, so they don't have the energy to stop and check the gauntlet every 30 minutes anymore.

I certainly care a whole lot less about this gauntlet right now, partly because of Tempest.

Akuun

She strikes me as something like a bow version of a dagger user. She looks like she's meant to chip at people and debuff them, but why would you want a bow user to do that when dagger users pretty much do the same thing?

Unless you wanted decent chip/debuffing along with flier bonus damage in the same unit. She does seem to do more damage than a typical dagger user.

She doesn't seem especially useful right now, considering that fliers aren't that hard to stop without archers, and no one runs dagger users except for Kagero anyway.

I'm pretty sure you can give her bow to other archers though, since it's a + bow and probably not an actual named weapon?

spiritfox

She strikes me as something like a bow version of a dagger user. She looks like she's meant to chip at people and debuff them, but why would you want a bow user to do that when dagger users pretty much do the same thing?

Unless you wanted decent chip/debuffing along with flier bonus damage in the same unit. She does seem to do more damage than a typical dagger user.

She doesn't seem especially useful right now, considering that fliers aren't that hard to stop without archers, and no one runs dagger users except for Kagero anyway.

I'm pretty sure you can give her bow to other archers though, since it's a + bow and probably not an actual named weapon?

Yeah you can pass on her bow.

Kinda sucks that she's mediocre. I think it might be more the fact that the meta favors outright killing rather than debuffing, but it's always more useful to remove a unit entirely rather than making it less powerful.

Akuun

Yeah you can pass on her bow.

Kinda sucks that she's mediocre. I think it might be more the fact that the meta favors outright killing rather than debuffing, but it's always more useful to remove a unit entirely rather than making it less powerful.
That's part of the problem. The small map size encourages you to take out at least a few people quickly, or else you'll eventually get cornered. Especially when you have shitty combos like Reinhardt + dancer, who can cross the map and kill someone in one turn if you don't position yourself right.

Not to mention that lots of higher tier arena teams like to sprinkle Wings of Mercy everywhere, which means that you have to only engage someone when you know you will kill them in the same turn. Trying to chip a tank when there are one or two glass cannons waiting to fly into your face is just suicide.

It just doesn't encourage a chip-oriented playstyle.

Weebos

Banned
Whats better?

Pick a loser and rack up the points at high multipliers or pick a winner and get the win bonus?

Depends on how often you're committed to playing during a Gauntlet.

I think picking losers will net you more feathers in the long run if you play enough times a day. Picking the prospective winner is a simple way to get easy feathers.

Seeing Xander be such a strong character is neat news for my Nohrian bro. The only reason I didn't invest in him is I prefer to build up my randomly gotten oddballs rather than the given ones. Probably should change that, at least regarding Xander.

Pulled all my 80 orbs on Side A Voting Guantlet on a wish of pulling some fodder I'm missing as Klein and Hinata, but I got nothing but trash and a -DEF/+RES Minerva. Since now I'm 0 orbs and won't spend money on this game for now I have to make a decision and I need your help FEH GAF:

I have my only one 4* Effie with a terrible +SPD/-ATK IV and 30k feathers. Also, I have a 5* Reinhardt with an awesome +ATK/-DEF IV, but he's lacking an A slot skill since I don't have any Klein to pass him DB 3. Should I promote Effie to 5* and use her as fodder to my Reinhardt and lose 20k feathers? I'm really feeling the lack of DB on Arena, especially when fighting Hector since I would totally kill him with DB 3 but without it he murders my Reinhardt. By now I'm not planning promoting any other 4*, maybe I would promote a +ATK/-DEF 4* Kagero but I'm not in that need of using her on my Arena teams.

What should I doooooo? Wait or just spend my feathers on Reinhardt? Help me!

spiritfox

Bamboo 竹;242069016 said:
Pulled all my 80 orbs on Side A Voting Guantlet on a wish of pulling some fodder I'm missing as Klein and Hinata, but I got nothing but trash and a -DEF/+RES Minerva. Since now I'm 0 orbs and won't spend money on this game for now I have to make a decision and I need your help FEH GAF:

I have my only one 4* Effie with a terrible +SPD/-ATK IV and 30k feathers. Also, I have a 5* Reinhardt with an awesome +ATK/-DEF IV, but he's lacking an A slot skill since I don't have any Klein to pass him DB 3. Should I promote Effie to 5* and use her as fodder to my Reinhardt and lose 20k feathers? I'm really feeling the lack of DB on Arena, especially when fighting Hector since I would totally kill him with DB 3 but without it he murders my Reinhardt. By now I'm not planning promoting any other 4*, maybe I would promote a +ATK/-DEF 4* Kagero but I'm not in that need of using her on my Arena teams.

What should I doooooo? Wait or just spend my feathers on Reinhardt? Help me!

Yes.

Sterok

Took a bunch of tries, but I squeaked out Inferno with Ephraim, Tharja, Lucina,and Hector. First turn Tharja and Hector killed the green mage and Clarisse respectively. Tharja tanked the thief. Then Hector counter killed Blue Mage. Ephraim counter killed sword infantry and weakened sword horse. Lucina finished off horse, and Ephraim + Tharja finished off the Thief.

Akuun

Infernal down. ATiki broke the wall, got danced onto the defensive tile, then everyone else sat back and watched for a turn or two. MRobin and Ephraim(though I think any blue or green can replace Ephraim here) dealt with the blue mage and red sword to the right.

Tiki just Bonfired everyone but the ninja after a few turns, and then Robin finished off the ninja.

Screenshot_2017-06-28-12-15-05.png

God this gauntlet's scoring is excessive

I usually get two defense wins, but first I recall being as high as the 560 or so I got this time. I wasn't even aware there was a defense side until a couple months in.

Kagero for whatever reason tends to be the featured unit on the attackers.

Alucrid

Banned
I usually get two defense wins, but first I recall being as high as the 560 or so I got this time. I wasn't even aware there was a defense side until a couple months in.

Kagero for whatever reason tends to be the featured unit on the attackers.

kagero is my featured unit...because otherwise it's azura, hector or reinhardt. and no one will pick that

Sushen

Peoples are not impressed with chip damaging units, but time after time my Jaffar defense team delivers defensive wins each week. When my new defensive team delivers 0, I throw in Jaffar, and he hasn't failed me, yet.

I figured those wins are from frustrated players who just lost a unit from their perfect run, though.

Vena

Peoples are not impressed with chip damaging units, but time after time my Jaffar defense team delivers defensive wins each week. When my new defensive team delivers 0, I throw in Jaffar, and he hasn't failed me, yet.

I figured those wins are from frustrated players who just list a unit from their perfect run, though.

I don't think its the chip-damage from Jaffar. Jaffar in general has a pretty nasty universal debuff on top of a fast and decently healthy unit that can catch people off-guard.

My my, this is getting dangerous. :eek: Lachesis seems locked for Round 2, but the way things are going, Sakura and Mist may be getting one last burst while Priscilla needs to haul ass to take back the lead from Clarine.

Mupod

bungled my way through Infernal Clarisse with Ike, TA2 MRobin, and two dancers. Highlights included Ike healing himself up from nothing with Aether twice, Olivia tanking the red cavalry and Robin doing almost exactly enough damage to the blue mage to kill it before it could finish Ike. Also a lot of Wings of Mercy teleporting to dance people around.

Scum

bungled my way through Infernal Clarisse with Ike, TA2 MRobin, and two dancers. Highlights included Ike healing himself up from nothing with Aether twice, Olivia tanking the red cavalry and Robin doing almost exactly enough damage to the blue mage to kill it before it could finish Ike. Also a lot of Wings of Mercy teleporting to dance people around.
Mupod, pls. Stop trying to make it harder for yourself. Get on the Xander Pony Express with the rest of us. 🐴 🚂

Vena

Mupod, pls. Stop trying to make it harder for yourself. Get on the Xander Pony Express with the rest of us. �� ��

Scrubs.

MRobin, Roy, Bridelia, and Ni No Kuni (who did nothing, perplexingly) all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom