• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

It's pretty clear now that IS wants us to use many units not a small elite group.

Sure. The latest contents, especially Squad Assault is definitely sending that signal. I won't be surprised if they introduce a fatigue mechanism in arena in the future that poses restrictions like each unit can only participate in one match per day or something.

StAidan

Yeah, I used to have a very core team that could handle just about anything, but with the newer content these days, I've come to appreciate the other ~40 or so units that I've leveled up since launch. I miss using my "main" team, but customizing to each situation is way more effective now.

jnWake

Sure. The latest contents, especially Squad Assault is definitely sending that signal. I won't be surprised if they introduce a fatigue mechanism in arena in the future that poses restrictions like each unit can only participate in one match per day or something.

They could add a second kind of Arena based on squads.

Dragoshi1

Thanks to that Chain Battles tip, I got my first few Lv40 characters ever, and I've been playing since the game launched.

Lucina, Spring Chrom, Young Tiki, and FemCorrin, all 5 star, are what I got to 40 so far.

Is Genny any good? I have Lucina set up where she has the skill that takes away health for an attack buff, and Tiki doesn't always heal those next to her when I lead with her, so Lucina barely survives sometimes.

OVDRobo

How are Clair and Mae as units?

Clair's bad because she's in a category filled with more focused units (blue fliers). Mae's decent and can be pretty monstrous under the right conditions with her default tome.

There's other units in both I'd recommend over them in both their respective categories for certain, though Mae's definitely workable.

clair is ass mae is good.

Clair's bad because she's in a category filled with more focused units (blue fliers). Mae's decent and can be pretty monstrous under the right conditions with her default tome.

There's other units in both I'd recommend over them in both their respective categories for certain, though Mae's definitely workable.
Thanks. I've never had any luck with getting Linde ;_; so maybe I'll try pulling for Mae

lt519

Had legit trouble on that infernal Grand hero battle, horse emblem wasn't cutting it for me. Went back to the Nino, Robin, Eirika well but had to put red tomebreaker on Robin. RIP moonbow Odin, hope the 4 orbs was worth it.

Lord, my Faye has the worst nature ever. (+HP/-SPD)

I wasn't ever planning on using her seriously, but I debated training her a bit for the TT. Now I'm just going to drag her Lv. 1 butt along and bench her as Firesweep Bow fodder for a future archer I prefer.

Ninferno

Well, achieved the best possible score I can get in the 1st run. Good bye my sweet 705, it was good knowing you:(

screenshot_20170707-11rsab.png

Escape Route Reinhardt + Wings of Mercy Olivia combo is just the Flying Destroyer of Tempest. In the unlikely event of something Atk+ DB Moonbow QP Reinhardt cannot destroy shows up, Fury Olivia slices it in halves with Ruby Sword+.

Still going to be a shitty long grind though.

Didn't you only get 1 orb per 10k points last time?

IS is really putting a ton of content over the last week.

no. orb rewards are the same. difference between this tempest & previous one (other than seal & chara) is 40k & 50k reward switched around. no difference in the orb value

Considering Masked Marth appeared in the cutscene it would've been appropiate to have her as a bonus too imo

Celica replaces Veronica it seems. I'm more than ok with that.

Alkez

How likely is it that the new sacred seal will stack with darting blow? Could the two potentially make speed natured Alm somewhat viable because of windsweep?

DooD1234

So I managed to pull a +Atk Bride Cordelia a while back and with double SP weekend now being a thing along with spending 40,000 feathers to get Brave Bow+ and Life and Death 3 for skill inheritance just for her. Finished learning most of her skills like Luna and Desperation 3 along with the other skills mentioned earlier and decided to take her for a spin into the Tempest with 2 dancers equipped with Wings of Mercy and Mae just for the bonus.

She killed everything....

Ninferno

Speaking of the long ass Tempest grind, the increase in scores of normal and hard difficulties is actually quite substantial. I'm now seriously considering auto-battling the lower difficulties. Thankfully, this time around the 2nd seal reward is "only" at 40K. To get it, it may be viable to auto-battle the lower difficulties for most of the time and only play manually from time to time when I feel like it.

For reference, with Sharena in the team, auto-battling the lowest difficulty (with enemies at lv20) yields 194 points (if you have a 40% bonus unit, then it will be 226). That's not bad at all; that's almost 3000 points a day. With 2 weeks you are going to get about 40k points naturally, just enough for Phantom Spd! Well, of course this is assuming you do not waste any stamina and just use them for this, but the number is looking good nonetheless. I think I will be doing this as soon as I get bored by the super repetitive Tempest.

Scum

This time, I'll make sure to give Tempest Trials a proper go!

Edit - Oh! 2x SP Bonus is alive once again! What a time to be a 5* lvl 1 Fae! ❤️

_Legacy_

I'm really liking the new reward tiers for Tempest, going to start soon. Got a max level Alm who will have to do for now I guess.

EDIT: (Important) For those who don't know, in the final round, units you kill will stay dead when you bring your next team in. I just killed Celica with my A team and she's not there for my B team. The Stahl I attacked and nearly killed also has lower hp than the other enemy units. This will make it easier for a lot of people.

Scum

I've dropped in rank because of how hard it's been fighting tough teams, once you eventually a good run this happens, but the related tier doesn't make it sound great.

Ridiculous Frederick (I fought) in Arena:
😳😱

Thanks to that Chain Battles tip, I got my first few Lv40 characters ever, and I've been playing since the game launched.

Lucina, Spring Chrom, Young Tiki, and FemCorrin, all 5 star, are what I got to 40 so far.

Is Genny any good? I have Lucina set up where she has the skill that takes away health for an attack buff, and Tiki doesn't always heal those next to her when I lead with her, so Lucina barely survives sometimes.

If you're looking for a standard healer, I'd rather you 5* a Wrys. Wrys is just much more durable than Genny while having similar Spd.

If you're looking for a combat healer, go for it. She's not the best at it, but she's carrying Wrathful Staff which the troubadours (Elise, Priscilla, Clarine) can make excellent use of.

Sölf

Having no 40% bonus hero is going to suck while I'm trying to get all the Tempest Rewards.

This. I have to use Sharena. I do have 85 Orbs, but I really don't want to use them on this banner. I would like to at least get the 50k Seal again, but I doubt I will this time with only ~500-600 points max or below 300 if I don't finish it.

Scum

Just realized Chain Challenge can be the new best way to farm SP (and to a lesser extent, EXP and HM). While like story chapters, they yield half SP and EXP after the 1st clear, surrendering at the last map apparently does not constitute a "clear". If you take a 10-battle Chain Challenge (which costs 30 stamina), beat the first 9 maps then back out, you retain the SP, EXP, etc. gain for the 9 maps you have beaten. When you repeat the process, since you haven't technically "beaten" this chain challenge, you still get 3 SP per kill instead of 1. And the 10-battle Chain Challenges at normal difficulty conveniently have the enemies at 4* around lv35, which is just perfect to grind for your 5* lv40 units as the enemies are low level enough to be auto-battled by your OP units while still above the threshold to yield SP.

We don't know when IS will (or even, if they will) patch this, but I'm leaving normal Chapters 1 & 2 Chain Challenge "unbeaten" for the time being (and maybe 9 & 10 too, for its reinforcements, but the trade-off is the higher difficulty). I won't go all in to grind SP just yet, but it is certainly nice to have something that can come in handy in the time of need. We are talking about 30 stamina for 9 auto-battle level of easy maps featuring weakish lv 35 enemies. It will be crazy with weekend SP bonus.

Take advantage of this, boys & girls.

Ninferno

Is is just me or have they relaxed the turn count requirement for A speed rating this time around? I was using Horse Emblem and thanks to the cemetery map I wasted quite a few of turns for positioning and getting around. I thought I was getting a C but it turned out to be still A. Weird, but not gonna complain though, obviously.

Sölf;242825352 said:
This. I have to use Sharena. I do have 85 Orbs, but I really don't want to use them on this banner. I would like to at least get the 50k Seal again, but I doubt I will this time with only ~500-600 points max or below 300 if I don't finish it.

Well, the good news is that the seal is at "only" 40k instead of 50k now.

MicH

Man, double SP is so good. Tempest Trials have to wait, gotta take advantage of this. Mae and Ike pretty much done!

Scum

Sölf;242825352 said:

Like Ninferno mentioned earlier in the thread, running around the lower levels on Auto battle might not be such a bad idea... Yes, it'll be a longer grind but losing 85 orbs will be even fucking worse. Save them for another day, mate. :p

Sölf

I will probably just play when I have time and try to have as low Stamina as possible. Currently at ~3k points, but this event lasts 2 weeks again, right?

Mr. Virus

Enjoying the changes to Tempest, but not seeing the point for the Hard 3 Battles when the reward isn't that much more than the Normal 3 Battles which are super easy.

Still, might acutally get the bonus character this time to balance out all the crap pulls I've been getting.

ccbfan

Enjoying the changes to Tempest, but not seeing the point for the Hard 3 Battles when the reward isn't that much more than the Normal 3 Battles which are super easy.

Still, might acutally get the bonus character this time to balance out all the crap pulls I've been getting.

I think I'm gonna start doing Hard 5 since its so much faster and gives about the same exp as Lunatic 5.

My team is not good enough to complete Lunatic 7 consistently.

Heck I can't even complete Lunatic 5 100 percent. Depending on how many of my blues get taken out (I have 3 total), I just can't beat Cecilla in the last battle. Heck even with blues, she 1 attack my blue mage on a defense square.

Scum

Anyone got a recommendation for Skill Slot B for Lukas? I'm trying to work on him while at work. 👀

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm falling behind on all this stuff. I haven't even done the joint GHB yet or the chain missions, and now the new Tempest comes out.

I'm falling behind on all this stuff. I haven't even done the joint GHB yet or the chain missions, and now the new Tempest comes out.

I haven't touched Chain Missions but they are basically a permanent TT so you shouldn't worry about them now and instead focus on TT and GHB.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Bamboo 竹;242833998 said:
I haven't touched Chain Missions but they are basically a permanent TT so you shouldn't worry about them now and instead focus on TT and GHB.
Makes sense. Will do.

Speaking of the long ass Tempest grind, the increase in scores of normal and hard difficulties is actually quite substantial. I'm now seriously considering auto-battling the lower difficulties. Thankfully, this time around the 2nd seal reward is "only" at 40K. To get it, it may be viable to auto-battle the lower difficulties for most of the time and only play manually from time to time when I feel like it.

For reference, with Sharena in the team, auto-battling the lowest difficulty (with enemies at lv20) yields 194 points (if you have a 40% bonus unit, then it will be 226). That's not bad at all; that's almost 3000 points a day. With 2 weeks you are going to get about 40k points naturally, just enough for Phantom Spd! Well, of course this is assuming you do not waste any stamina and just use them for this, but the number is looking good nonetheless. I think I will be doing this as soon as I get bored by the super repetitive Tempest.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll start doing this right off the bat, since I'm usually sitting on 99 stamina these days due to less interest and less time to play. Might as well spend the stamina on something.

I agree about needing to build a deeper roster instead of just one good team. The chain thing that gave the HP seal recently took pretty much my whole roster, and if I had merged/SIed more aggressively, I wouldn't have had the units to clear it. Even units that are pretty bad in arena, like Jakob, still came in very handy there.

I think I'm notably missing a good red mage now, so maybe I'll promote Tharja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom