• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

NawtKool

Neo Member
zknS7MG.png
My STiki was +Def/-Atk

oEyBBny.png

Was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cerium

So uh I missed out on Masked Lucina (Marth) last time because I was busy IRL.

Kinda salty about it. Don't give a fuck about Tobin. Is she ever coming back?

lt519

Not sure I have it in me to do Tempest Trials this time around. Just did it first time without a death after sacrificing a team with Boey on it for the bonus on the first battle. Doesn't have the same allure as the first time.

Was much easier than the last Tempest too. TA MRobin MVP again. Red tomebreaker feasted the last map on a defense tile. I had red tomebreaker on him by accident from the Grand Hero Battle, worked out well haha.

Edit: finally got my defense this week. What's the cut off looking like to move to T20? I could piece together 4800+ with my 4* Gunter surprisingly. Was about to then got WoM by an Azura chasing a Jaffar that survived a counter attack on a defense tile, boo.

Is a +ATK / -HP Nino worth leveling to 5 star or is +SPD the only way she's viable?

My Nino is +ATK and is a staple on my Tempest, Chain, Assault and GHB teams. Used to be in arena until Horse Emblem. Just give her speed boosting allies, Darting Blow (or Fury 3), and Desperation or QR she'll wipe anything off the map.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Not sure I have it in me to do Tempest Trials this time around. Just did it first time without a death after sacrificing a team with Boey on it for the bonus on the first battle. Doesn't have the same allure as the first time.

Was much easier than the last Tempest too. TA MRobin MVP again. Red tomebreaker feasted the last map on a defense tile. I had red tomebreaker on him by accident from the Grand Hero Battle, worked out well haha.

Edit: finally got my defense this week. What's the cut off looking like to move to T20? I could piece together 4800+ with my 4* Gunter surprisingly. Was about to then got WoM by an Azura chasing a Jaffar that survived a counter attack on a defense tile, boo.

My Nino is +ATK and is a staple on my Tempest, Chain, Assault and GHB teams. Used to be in arena until Horse Emblem. Just give her speed boosting allies, Darting Blow (or Fury 3), and Desperation or QR she'll wipe anything off the map.
Nice, thanks for the help.

spiritfox

Is a +ATK / -HP Nino worth leveling to 5 star or is +SPD the only way she's viable?

+att or +spd is fine. +spd is better cause she already has a lot of attack and she wants more speed to double the faster heroes, but as long as it's not -att or -spd Nino can still wipe out a lot of stuff.

Sushen

With Bridelia, it's an easy street this time in the tempest mode, except I'm struggling to force myself to play it this time as well.

I've been ruminating on this for a few days and I'm not sure on how I should build my dumpy -spd+res B.Cordelia now that I'm actually investing in my team with SI. She's unfortunately my best option for range (besides maybe a -def+res Lilina). My team is pretty defense oriented with healing fountain Lucina, TA/QR Nowi, and now QR Summer Tiki, so I thought I might just make her a buffer for the team, but I only have spur def etc up to 2 and Lucina is already sort of running a support roll. Any thoughts on what I could do with her?

Or you know, I could be loser and put the lobster man back on my team.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

+att or +spd is fine. +spd is better cause she already has a lot of attack and she wants more speed to double the faster heroes, but as long as it's not -att or -spd Nino can still wipe out a lot of stuff.

I started with a level 20 3 star Nino and ended up with this monster after a couple hours. Thanks for the help!

Arena is killing me! I decided that I should try for tier 19 for the first time ever because I had 50 Dueling Crests to spare. I don't even care if I immediately get knocked out from 19, but it will still be a milestone after getting kicked from my current tier twice.

I finally got a perfect score this season with this map rotation after using 10 Crests, and I'm up to 4784. Even with 4* Sakura holding me back, my score potential goes up to 4830 if I cherry pick the absolute highest score, but that's not really practical.

I got screwed over on the last battle of a 4790 streak with some complete BS. This is really the best that I can This was against a team of Repositioning mages and a Dancer. I really had no idea how to predict their movements. What a dick team.

Didn't encounter Bridal Cordelia at all, so I guess she's in tier 19 and 20 now. I don't think my current streak is even a record high, but it just might be competitive enough to advance this time. I really hope so, because I'm at rank 2612 now. The defense tile maps have historically given me trouble.

Roman

Anyone playing with Tobin yet? Just got the 4* one and it looks like I can make him similar to Roy?

His final stats make him the absolute worst sword unit in the game to me and I would not recommend investing in him whatsoever. Since he cannot have boons he is stuck at 31 Atk and 27 Spd. Hinata can be +Atk/-Res and thus at least run a 35 Brave build while still having more physical bulk than Tobin. Alfonse also has 35 Atk and can either use his unique weapon or the same Brave build. Tobin makes both of them look amazing.

If you are a huge Tobin fan and want to use him despite all of that, I guess you could try either Ruby Sword or Killing Edge/Bonfire/Quick Riposte. For the record Hinata still outperforms him with that build.

Chauzu

There are a lot of complaints about Tobin and I don't get it really. Yes for a 5* he is underwhelming, but 5* is 5* and unless you sit on a ton of red units he will be useful to have for say Squad Assault. Compared to Lucina he at least comes with skills, and even if Armorslayer isn't the best, it's another tool you can give your best red unit for the future, instead of wasting 20k feathers. Sending home a 5* is 1k feathers, too. So for me overall, this is a better deal than Masked Lucina, since Tobin is useable out of the gate and can do a good job and collect his HM, and when maxed out I can just send him home, 3k feathers richer.

Question for thoughts. I lack discipline and blew all my orbs on the Genny banner, hoping for wrathful staff for a (future) Elise horse emblem addition. No luck on that, just a bad IV Lachesis and Rebecca. The backup hope of 4* Klein also Failed.

I did get a second 5* Reinhardt, though. Apparently he's easier to find at a ridiculously low rate with my last three orbs than on his own banner, pulling only blues with over 100 orbs.

New one is +Hp, -Res. First one was +Res, -Spd.

Both would become fodder to a +Atk down the road, should I get so lucky, but as it stands, I can see either of the two options below:

I could run a dick, two Reinhardt, +buffer, +dancer team. But that would require skill inheritance again, and I'm not sure how often I'd actually use it.

Or I could merge. But here's my conundrum. I like the +Res nature better. If anybody is going to survive his attack and counter it will probably be a mage. And if its a mage they will double him because he is slow, so that's worth more than hp long run in all likelihood. However, based on the way merges work, if I merge the +Res into the +Hp I get +1 to HP and Resistance. BUT, if I merge the other way, I end up with +1 to HP and Atk instead. However, 6 less resistance means he's probably taking 12 more damage from enemy blue mages, meaning he might die to some blues and even reds he could barely tank before.

Sushen

While I like my Reinhardt a lot, he's no invincible god meaning a team of Reinhardt is no more scary than, say, a team of Hectors.

In that sense, a merged Reinhardt is more useful, I think.

Vade

Question on merging units.

I had a hp- def+ Lucina I got from during the original temp trials. She has van3 and fury3.

I just pulled another Lucina hp+ res-. Which one should I keep and if I merge my van3 and fury3 Lucina does the new Lucina keep the Van3 and fury3 or will that only be if I merge the otherway?

I'd probably keep the plus defense one. Mages will trash her regardless, so I don't think resistance matters, so it isn't bad as a dump stat. But since she is a melee fighter the defense might help her survive an encounter. She is fast enough to not get doubled very often, but defense is +4, hp is only +3. You can slap on an HP seal, and if you are running fury then durability isn't a huge deal for you. Also she has Falchion for healing.

You will keep all the skills you've learned, regardless of how you merge. You will just need to reequip if you ate up your old unit for your new one.

Vade

I'd probably keep the plus defense one. Mages will trash her regardless, so I don't think resistance matters, so it isn't bad as a dump stat. But since she is a melee fighter the defense might help her survive an encounter. She is fast enough to not get doubled very often, but defense is +4, hp is only +3. You can slap on an HP seal, and if you are running fury then durability isn't a huge deal for you. Also she has Falchion for healing.

You will keep all the skills you've learned, regardless of how you merge. You will just need to reequip if you ate up your old unit for your new one.

Thanks for the responses. I am going to grind up the other Lunica hp+ and the merge it ti my def+ one. Getting all that sweet sp will be nice.

DogDude

Is there any secret to getting big scores in the tempest trials or is it just basically score 350 points at once (I'm doing hard).

Roman

Is there any secret to getting big scores in the tempest trials or is it just basically score 350 points at once (I'm doing hard).

Ideally you would use a bonus unit and clear Lunatic 7 fast enough for an A in survival, which scores 705. I surrender in the first match and clear the rest quickly with horse emblem, and still get 676 with a B in survival.

Mr. Virus

I'm doing Hard 5 with a 40% bonus unit team for as long as I can before switching to a Pony team for the sweep and clock around 450 a pop. Little bit more yhab you're hitting, and could probably score higher with no wipeouts.

Unrelated: was wondering why my Linde wasn't nuking everything and realised I'd tried to be smart and gave her Watersweep to stop counter attacks from killing her. Dumb dumb dumb. Rolling Desperation now. Least I hadn't spent the SP on the 2nd and 3rd levels of the Sweep skill.

Scum

Not a big fan of PvP since I suck bad at it so I normally just run Intermeidte Arena. I'm Tier 17. How, I do not know. But I usually end up around 3800pts mark. Some feathers are better than none. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Moved down to Hard 5. It is down to 378 points per flawless run with a x1.2 bonus unit. But I've got 40 stamina potions to burn which gives me 75.6k if all of them are perfect.

Vena

I just run Lunatic 7 with Raven (BA+), DefinitelyNotLucina (healer-ish), a level 1 Mae, and Bride Caeda (Blade+ desperation).

Takes about 10 minutes, if that.

Thanks for the responses. I am going to grind up the other Lunica hp+ and the merge it ti my def+ one. Getting all that sweet sp will be nice.

Don't do that. You don't keep the sp. you only get a small amount, like 100 or so added upon merge. The only reason to level up the one you intend to merge is that you can get easy sp for leveling up. Then you teach them skills that they take with them when they merge, and use up all the sp because they can't take it with them.

OVDRobo

Is the seal even worth it? Seems garbage

I'm sure it might have some use in the future but currently it only applies to Windsweep and Watersweep. Absolutely useless for a huge portion of the player base.

Tempest Trials being a dull, repetitious, grindy game mode with a bad scoring system and stupidly inflated enemy stats is bad enough, but considering the rewards and how recent the last trials were I don't know what the hell IS were thinking throwing another one out so soon.

I'm really hoping tempest trials and voting gauntlets take a long break before returning again. I'd rather have a content drought than slog through more of this poorly thought-out trash.

Draxal

I think gauntlets are fine, the results are nice if you want them, but not gamebreaking if u don't get them.

As for the 40k emblem, doesn't sound good now, but I wouldn't say its not future proof.

Prayer's pretty cool. Was intended to be an extra safety layer for my quirky Brash Alfonse, but after seeing him tank Reinhardt in the Tempest, I think I'll be trying it as his sole protection. lol

Folkvangr
Reciprocal Aid
Prayer
Defiant Def -> Death Blow
Brash Assault
Threaten Atk -> Threaten Def
HP+3 -> Atk+1

Would still recommend you just give him Swordbreaker though. >.>

I'm sure it might have some use in the future but currently it only applies to Windsweep and Watersweep. Absolutely useless for a huge portion of the player base.

Tempest Trials being a dull, repetitious, grindy game mode with a bad scoring system and stupidly inflated enemy stats is bad enough, but considering the rewards and how recent the last trials were I don't know what the hell IS were thinking throwing another one out so soon.

I'm really hoping tempest trials and voting gauntlets take a long break before returning again. I'd rather have a content drought than slog through more of this poorly thought-out trash.

it's not like you're forced to do these events if you really don't like it. hoping for content drought is just stupid

Wiseblade

boy am I glad you don't have any decisionmaking power for this game.

OVDRobo

it's not like you're forced to do these events if you really don't like it. hoping for content drought is just stupid

boy am I glad you don't have any decisionmaking power for this game.

Okay, I'll admit that the content drought line was dumb and a spur-of-the-moment thing, but let me make my arguments, at least.

I get that I'm not forced to do the events and that's fine. There's not even any significant advantage to doing these tempest trials aside from the orbs, feathers and crystals because all of the unique rewards are of questionable quality. My problem is that I should want to do events and they should be something to look forward to but with the way they're designed I just don't enjoy them.

With both voting gauntlets and tempest trials, whenever they're active the way you need to interact with the game completely changes for the negative. Voting gauntlets force the player to check every hour to see if the unit they sided with is on a bonus period and then requires their availability twice within those random hours to maximise score. Even worse is that the battles last all of 20 seconds. It takes longer to check than it does to participate.

On the other hand, tempest trials change a game that can be played pretty casually to something that takes an hour or more per stamina bar because of the need to play 7 consecutive battles against enemies with inflated HP levels. Obviously pacing is key to enjoying tempest trials the most but because they're limited to 2 weeks, you have to also be consistent in a mode that is just mind-numbing once you've figured out a good team.

Clearly IS are trying to make things work with these modes and their adjustments over time have mostly been for the positive but they're not there yet, in my opinion.

Wiseblade

Okay, I'll admit that the content drought line was dumb and a spur-of-the-moment thing, but let me make my arguments, at least.

I get that I'm not forced to do the events and that's fine. There's not even any significant advantage to doing these tempest trials aside from the orbs, feathers and crystals because all of the unique rewards are of questionable quality. My problem is that I should want to do events and they should be something to look forward to but with the way they're designed I just don't enjoy them.

With both voting gauntlets and tempest trials, whenever they're active the way you need to interact with the game completely changes for the negative. Voting gauntlets force the player to check every hour to see if the unit they sided with is on a bonus period and then requires their availability twice within those random hours to maximise score. Even worse is that the battles last all of 20 seconds. It takes longer to check than it does to participate.

On the other hand, tempest trials change a game that can be played pretty casually to something that takes an hour or more per stamina bar because of the need to play 7 consecutive battles against enemies with inflated HP levels. Obviously pacing is key to enjoying tempest trials the most but because they're limited to 2 weeks, you have to also be consistent in a mode that is just mind-numbing once you've figured out a good team.

Clearly IS are trying to make things work with these modes and their adjustments over time have mostly been for the positive but they're not there yet, in my opinion.
I agree that they're not perfect and the way IS expects you to drop everything to engage with the modes is a little frustrating. But it's still better than the nothing you proposed and they're not the only content additions to the game. Squad Assault is a good sign, not a direct time sink and encourages play during "off hours" and a permanent goal to work towards. As long as VG and YT don't give lifers too much of an advantage (Quickened Pulse was a mistake), I don't see the problem with having them pad the schedule.

Is the game crashing now for anyone else?

I've played this game every day since day one, and I can't remember it ever crashing. Now after this update I crash all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom