• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

champloo

Okay thanks for your help! I'll have a more thorough look on reddit for some character specific skills. How comes Takumi is not popular? I thought he was top tier :/

Maybe he was referring to Takumi's presence on offense, he gets outclass by a lot of units there. On defense he is still everywhere.

Cerium

Bloody hell, Cerium! Good shit right there!
Wish I could sort out a team, half as good.

Thanks, I'm glad someone gets something out of it. I like to think it's educational.

My team is definitely a lot more flexible now that I don't have to rely on Nino to do almost all the damage. Having Eirika on hand to deal with Falchions is huge.

MANEALx.png

That rank is going to drop pretty quickly but I wanted to commemorate this occasion when I broke the top 500.

Honestly with skill inheritance I have no clue what I'm doing, I gave Reinhardt Darting Blow 3 to work with his Dire Thunder, but that's just something that sounded nice in my head, no clue if it will help in practice.

Scum

Thanks, I'm glad someone gets something out of it. I like to think it's educational.

My team is definitely a lot more flexible now that I don't have to rely on Nino to do almost all the damage. Having Eirika on hand to deal with Falchions is huge.

MANEALx.png

That rank is going to drop pretty quickly but I wanted to commemorate this occasion when I broke the top 500.
Congrats!

mou.png

Mupod

Honestly with skill inheritance I have no clue what I'm doing, I gave Reinhardt Darting Blow 3 to work with his Dire Thunder, but that's just something that sounded nice in my head, no clue if it will help in practice.

he's so slow that I don't think it'll do much of anything, honestly. Death Blow is what you want on him because there isn't much that would survive that kind of damage, the idea with him is to kill them before they counterattack. With a base speed of 23 and -5 speed from his tome, even with +6 from darting blow he's going to get doubled by basically everyone.

I never knew bonus units gave so many point in the arena. I get more points with 1 unit surviving with a bonus unit than I do with all 4 units surviving and no bonus units. I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Mupod

I just got Fury 3 up and running on Lucina for this week's run. I was at 30,400 last week so I just barely missed out on 500 feathers, so this should hopefully be the little push I need. I'm gonna try one more time for Ninian tomorrow, which would help a lot but at this point I just expect my 17th Sully.

It's especially obnoxious that I can't field a regular team of 5* because of Nino. Hard to set up the right buffs when you don't know if Olivia is gonna be replaced or not.

Shinypogs

Sadly no, next one is Naverre iirc

Damnit I want my tanky sword user with built in debuffs. Team debuff all your shit needs him.

I'm curious to see if Reyes will be able to aoe dance whenever he actually shows up. Also I will spend all the orbs on Soren and naesala whe they finally join us. Team balance be damned I must have them.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Okay thanks for your help! I'll have a more thorough look on reddit for some character specific skills. How comes Takumi is not popular? I thought he was top tier :/
Takumi is still strong on defense, but people have found a number of good counters to him, such as MRobin. I find I'm seeing him less often these days. More Hectors and mages instead. I don't actually have a Takumi so I don't know how he is on attack.

And now I wait for the ever so slow drop out of the top 1000. Hey at least for the arena dailies I can screw around now and actually used ranged filth.

Edit: my team was actually Ninian, Eirika, Effie, Roy
Nice. How do you deal with ranged or mage groups with an all-melee team?

I'd like a Ninian too so I'm hoping to do a pull with my remaining orbs tomorrow.

I have a feeling the second I blow my feathers on putting Dark Breath+ on Ninian I will immediately get Nowi at 4*.

Ninian is actually incredibly competent attacker for a dancer. She hard counters Eldigan and Ephraim, and being able to tack on -5 Atk and Spd on surrounding enemies is so good in setting up my team for the enemy phase.

Going to wait for the next banner and arena before I decide.

Wiseblade

The last arena season pushed my feather count over 22,000 so I'm looking to promote my first Green 5* unit. My candidates are:

4* Anna
4* Michalis
4* Camilla (-Atk, +Res)
4* Raven (+Atk, -Speed)
3* Nino (+Atk, -Speed)

Is Michalis worth anything beyond his A skill? Can Camilla or Nino be salvaged despite their poor natures? Should I just default to Anna, or am I better served by rolling the dice at the summoning pool and spending my feathers on Sharena?

Akuun

The last arena season pushed my feather count over 22,000 so I'm looking to promote my first Green 5* unit. My candidates are:

4* Anna
4* Michalis
4* Camilla (-Atk, +Res)
4* Raven (+Atk, -Speed)
3* Nino (+Atk, -Speed)

Is Michalis worth anything beyond his A skill? Can Camilla or Nino be salvaged despite their poor natures? Should I just default to Anna, or am I better served by rolling the dice at the summoning pool and spending my feathers on Sharena?
I don't know about the others, but Camila is probably a no. She has relatively poor stats to begin with, so I don't think it's worth trying to salvage her unless you just really like Camilla.

Nice. How do you deal with ranged or mage groups with an all-melee team?

I'd like a Ninian too so I'm hoping to do a pull with my remaining orbs tomorrow.

I'd be lying if I said luck isn't a part of it. Part of that luck is that at that high of a BST the team your facing can't have more than one mages in most cases. Beyond that I try to bait with an off or on color and use the next turn to really go after it. Most of the mages I encountered were Julia and Nino, so I used my Eirika who has 31 Resistance to bait and on my phase I had her attack and drag the mage back to my den of heavy hitters and outside of range of a follow up attack next phase. Other times I crossed my fingers that they would move within two spaces of my melee so I could go forth and attack on my turn and use Ninian to get them out of there if needed.

Part of why I love this game so much is because every turn of Arena reminds me of those Chess problems you would see in news papers where you were given a scenario and had to solve it in so many moves.

Cerium

I have a feeling the second I blow my feathers on putting Dark Breath+ on Ninian I will immediately get Nowi at 4*.

Ninian is actually incredibly competent attacker for a dancer. She hard counters Eldigan and Ephraim, and being able to tack on -5 Atk and Spd on surrounding enemies is so good in setting up my team for the enemy phase.

Going to wait for the next banner and arena before I decide.

Ninian does it all. She's sturdy enough to tank a hit, she's fast and formidable on the attack, she has magic damage and oh yeah she's a dancer. Absolutely worth pulling for. She is my hard counter to Tiki.

And if I run into the Falchion family, that's what Swordbreaker Eirika is for.

Mupod

Yhe last arena season pushed my feather count over 22,000 so I'm looking to promote my first Green 5* unit. My candidates are:

4* Anna
4* Michalis
4* Camilla (-Atk, +Res)
4* Raven (+Atk, -Speed)
3* Nino (+Atk, -Speed)

-speed Nino is a no. -atk Camilla is a nooooooo. Raven's speed is good enough that I wouldn't treat it like a lost cause just because he has a brave axe, but being -spd kinda kills that.

I dunno if I'd spend 20k on Anna myself, but she's pretty damn good. Seems like she'd be very strong with Fury, free Vantage and built-in Escape Route would counteract the drawback quite well.

Ninian does it all. She's sturdy enough to tank a hit, she's fast and formidable on the attack, she has magic damage and oh yeah she's a dancer. Absolutely worth pulling for.

I don't want to give up but it's looking grim...

God fuck Linde. Ran into 3 Linde teams in a row. How the hell does that happen? She's rare as fuck. Like Hector tier.

The only counter I've got for her is Anna who has to eat the hit (needs hone attack for 1HKO at 4*) and then probably get mauled as she goes in for the kill since her defense is garbage

If I run into Linde + Dancer someone is gonna die guaranteed.

Cerium

God fuck Linde. Ran into 3 Linde teams in a row. How the hell does that happen? She's rare as fuck. Like Hector tier.

The only counter I've got for her is Anna who has to eat the hit (needs hone attack for 1HKO at 4*) and then probably get mauled as she goes in for the kill since her defense is garbage

Sounds like you need Nino in your life.

Akuun

Blue mages are why I'm planning to put Blue Tomebreaker on my MRobin. Linde scares me. I'm also considering Lancebreaker on Ephriam to make him more viable in the lance vs lance matchup (where he currently gets doubled and ORKOed by everyone and their mother).

I also once saw the AI pulling off some pro shit like arranging a caster in front, a unit with Reposition behind her, and a dancer way behind. The caster would hit me, get Repositioned by the guy behind her, get danced, then go back forward to hit me again. And it was the freaking AI doing this.

Part of why I love this game so much is because every turn of Arena reminds me of those Chess problems you would see in news papers where you were given a scenario and had to solve it in so many moves.
Yeah, I feel the same way. It's funny how I've put more thought and strategy into this game than I have into any other FE game I've played. In the mainline games, I used to always just overlevel my strongest characters and steamroll everything. Can't do that here, so you have to try to come up with a "solution" to each situation the way you think of a chess problem.

My problem right now is that there are a few specific situations that I have trouble finding a solution to, which is why I'm back to SP grinding hell.

Dude Guy

So I finally have 20k feathers, and I've been wanting to upgrade my Effie to 5* for quite some time... But then I started thinking about playing the long game and upgrading a Donnell to 5* instead just to feed Effie the brave lance+ and grind to 20k feathers again... What do you guys think?

I was real close to promoting Nino on one account but that would lead me down a path of having near identical teams on each. That and I am waiting on Arena changes and next bonus characters.

Having shove on my Julia to push ninian around to save MRobin and seliph makes runs a breeze now. Seliph is my anti hector. MRobin is my anti takumi. Julia is my anti everything else.

Mupod

So I finally have 20k feathers, and I've been wanting to upgrade my Effie to 5* for quite some time... But then I started thinking about playing the long game and upgrading a Donnell to 5* instead just to feed Effie the brave lance+ and grind to 20k feathers again... What do you guys think?

I'd very much rather have a 5* Effie in the meantime, but I'm also in the situation where she'd be a huge boost to my arena rating. The changes to matchmaking might make her less important, but there's no way to predict what will happen.

Abel, Cordelia, and Hinoka are all possible off-banner 5* characters that come with a brave lance. It's possible you could find one with -atk or something that's more useful as a brave lance+ on someone else.

Having shove on my Julia to push ninian around to save MRobin and seliph makes runs a breeze now. Seliph is my anti hector. MRobin is my anti takumi. Julia is my anti everything else.

Shove is a pretty interesting skill that doesn't get a lot of love, has been great to me. Swap on Effie has turned out to be excellent as well.

Akuun

Shove is a pretty interesting skill that doesn't get a lot of love, has been great to me. Swap on Effie has turned out to be excellent as well.
I'm really not sure how to use Shove well. I'm way more comfortable using Drag Back or Reposition.

I get that I can use Shove to punt someone durable into a fight and have them murder face, but maybe the problem is that I don't have anyone durable in my team lol.

In addition to what mupod said Effie is a beast that should be upgraded now rather than later. If you are in a hurry to go down the brave lance path, regular Brave Lance will still be more than enough for her. Especially if you have +Atk IV and/or have a Hone Atk buffer. She would literally kill every red, blue, colorless, and green mage with just regular brave lance when attacking. Throw Bonfire on her and she for sure is putting all of those units to bed.

Sushen

Pejo

So there's a survey from the FE:H FB page: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdhS9pYGFW6-nVi3aw59W0iGSA51elganfzXfEkanhb-_aj4Q/viewform

One of the questions asks if you'd like for a way to change Bane/Boon stats, so if enough people demand it we'll probably get a way to change them.

Oh god, I need this. I have some great units with some absolute ass B/B's. +Spd Effie - whyyyy. I don't even care if I have to re-level her from 1-40 (in fact that'd be awesome for the SP), but lemme re-roll her!

Teslacrashed

Neo Member
If I can fix my units, that'll be megaton. I don't need to stress out on pulls as much.

Yeah, I don't care if it costs feathers, between Skill Inheritance and Bane/Boon altering I could make whatever dream team my heart desires, so I hope they do work on a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom