• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

D'oh, left Robin in range of Camilla with a dancer and ruined my perfect run on the sixth round. Time to start a new one up.

Tried so hard for a Ninian, really being held back by the luck of the draw on my max arena score. Perfect run last season only got me in the top 15k. Hope the updates help.

I'm really not sure how to use Shove well. I'm way more comfortable using Drag Back or Reposition.

I get that I can use Shove to punt someone durable into a fight and have them murder face, but maybe the problem is that I don't have anyone durable in my team lol.
It is really best used in the opposite way. Shoving someone out of harms way, or to help position better for the enemy phase. To use the Chess analogy much of this game is gaining control of the board with superior positioning, shove can help your characters get into superior positioning.

Pejo

Man, that survey actually asks some good questions. Hope everybody takes it, if they actually take the feedback to heart, the game could really improve.

kewlmyc

Just finished up my Eirika.

hfBAJFQ.png

Was going to work on getting Brave Lance+ unlocked on Effie, but ain't no one got time for that, so I'm going to be making the ultimate defense Takumi.

Atk+ Res-
Fujin Yumi
No support skill yet
Vengance
Close Counter
Vantage 3
Threaten Spd 3

Anyone have any recommendations on a good "Ultimate Defense" Takumi? Any good ideas for support or C skills? Maybe switch out Threaten Spd with Threaten Def since he's a boon Atk Takumi.

Mupod

I remembered I'm not poor and I spend every waking minute thinking about this dumb game so I said fuck it. Well, I had to go to 6.00% appearance rate, but I got a 5*. And it wasn't Ninian.

+atk -res. Honestly, if I had found anything else, I might have been pissed off at myself for falling for this dumb gacha shit. But jesus christ, who needs Ninian. Now if you'll excuse me I need to take a shower.

lt519

I'm getting sloppy. Had a team mopped up and Ryoma was all that was left with 7 dmg. "Oh, I'll use my barely clinging to life after a Julia encounter Jaffar to finish him off for the SP+"...vantage.

Ninferno

Nice. How do you deal with ranged or mage groups with an all-melee team?

Melee teams with a 5* dancer (and lucky for those Ninian owners that Ninian serves as a bonus char as well so they have the luxury to have a full 4-men team as opposed to 3 + bonus) isn't as bad as a typical all-melee team.

I'm on the other hand, running an actual plain melee core of Marth (Fury 3)+ Nowi (Quick Riposte 2) + Effie without a dancer and believe me when I say it is a pain in the ass when positioning this team to face mages, especially in maps like the bridges or the two parallel destructible walls. You almost always run out of space before you mange to single out the mages from their goddamn buffers like Eirikas. I'm lucky in the sense that both Nowi and Effie are extremely capable tanks. Nowi with QR for example, handles Takumis and MRobins (both are rarely seen at 660 level though) and red mages just fine but when I meet teams with Linde/Nino/Julia in those space-constrained maps I'm guaranteed to have nightmares.

I remembered I'm not poor and I spend every waking minute thinking about this dumb game so I said fuck it. Well, I had to go to 6.00% appearance rate, but I got a 5*. And it wasn't Ninian.

+atk -res. Honestly, if I had found anything else, I might have been pissed off at myself for falling for this dumb gacha shit. But jesus christ, who needs Ninian. Now if you'll excuse me I need to take a shower.

Nice. Linde is a great pull.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Feels good to get arena done for the week already. I already have a bunch of defenses. Hector doing work again.

Articalys

All you people getting 4k scores immediately and I'm just sitting here like "guess I might as well clear some of the world 5 lunatic challenge quests to get a handful of orbs since I can't do much else".

Hey guys, I've got a +atk, -res Nino. I don't have Eirika. What's the best way to make a Nino team without her? Right now I've got Sharena, Gaius, Olivia. I feel like that just puts EVERYTHING on Nino, though. I suppose Sharena can hold up a bit as well. Any tips?

Hey guys, I've got a +atk, -res Nino. I don't have Eirika. What's the best way to make a Nino team without her? Right now I've got Sharena, Gaius, Olivia. I feel like that just puts EVERYTHING on Nino, though. I suppose Sharena can hold up a bit as well. Any tips?

Olivia will provide an attack buff, Sharena will add a defense buff and you could swap her rally attack for a rally Speed to add a buff there as well....and yea solid team. Throw in a bonus character for the fourth slot.

Olivia with inheritance system is surprisingly usable now as a red sword.

Ninferno

So I finally have 20k feathers, and I've been wanting to upgrade my Effie to 5* for quite some time... But then I started thinking about playing the long game and upgrading a Donnell to 5* instead just to feed Effie the brave lance+ and grind to 20k feathers again... What do you guys think?

Do it, like now! I have promoted an -Spd +Def Effie recently and she has been an absolutely beast. She already comes with great skills, slap on pivot, a low cooldown SP, and any applicable c-skills like Threaten Def and you are pretty much set. She's also super easy to train because she almost oneshot anything non-green in the tower. If you have leveled her up 78 times she can easily inherit the aforementioned skills without problem.

Yes, you will eventually want to give her Brave Lance+ but that can be done later. When BST is still a thing before the supposedly April update to refine match-making, a change from Silver Lance+ to Brave Lance+ cost you a whopping 12 points of rating (7 in damage difference and 5 in speed). If you care about you arena score right now, you can certainly wait until April before giving her Brave Lance+.

Mupod

Linde seems straightforward to build, I could just put on Moonbow and Desperation 3 and call it a day. Any better suggestions? I like Fortify Res on her as another Nino buff, so that can stay. Is one use of Ardent Sacrifice enough to get Desperation running? Draw Back is another option, if I stop using a dancer I can replace them by giving everybody that, or Swap. I found so many Sullys and Subakis I could give it out to my bonus unit for months.

I could get REAL silly and promote Odin for Blarblade+ Linde...

Olivia will provide an attack buff, Sharena will add a defense buff and you could swap her rally attack for a rally Speed to add a buff there as well....and yea solid team. Throw in a bonus character for the fourth slot.

Since Ninian was a bust I'm thinking of promoting my Olivia, and giving her a plain old Ruby Sword from Stahl or something. I'd just use her to bait out enemy Ninos, once Linde is up and running that will be the one thing threatening to the team I'm putting together.

Ninferno

Congrats bro. Great unit and finally the game has done you justice.

meanwhile my alt account has now followed my main's misfortune, sitting at 5% due to the Ninian hunt, and I really do not know what I should do about it.

Can someone tell me why Erika is considered a great character? I keep seeing her high on the tier list and I have her myself. But I'm just not seeing it.

The Nino I'm training is an average 4* Nino and I'm perfectly ok with that. The only thing I'm not perfectly ok with is that she is now completing with 4*Adult Tiki and my 3* Michalis for my small supply of feathers.

Please IS, only being able to 5* a character once a month is brutal.

Can someone tell me why Erika is considered a great character? I keep seeing her high on the tier list and I have her myself. But I'm just not seeing it.

I feel the same. She seems like a jack of all trades master of none character. I kicked mine off the team for Sanaki.

Pejo

Hit 20 orbs thanks to the quests and dailies so I pulled 5, just to see what I could get. First pull was a dupe Ninian, +atk -res. My other one was +def -res. I was hoping she would be +spd, but no dice. Ah well, can't complain too hard.

Also picked up a Klein in the same 5 pull, but he doesn't seem to exactly set the world on fire. Both my Jeorge and Takumi are better when maxed. At least there's a Brave Bow, if I need one.

I just cannot decide on a "main" team. I know I want my Effie there just because I put so much effort into her. Ninian is probably a no-brainer too, but I don't know where else to go with it. I have really been enjoying leveling Lilina, but that's probably leaning a bit too magic heavy if I run Ninian and a healer. I really wish base party size was 5 people.

A thought on same-breakers and high-speed units:

I don't like it one bit.

Like, say I have a non-Swordbreaker Lucina against a Swordbreaker Eldigan. It's a crap matchup because my Lucina will eat a guaranteed double and the only way to stop it is to roll Swordbreaker on Lucina myself. In this sense, she's not gaining anything from Swordbreaker but instead is losing a B-slot just to prevent losing anything else. Meanwhile, Eldigan gets nothing but gains in the swordsman matchup by rolling Swordbreaker because he'd normally get doubled anyways.

Now, say Eldigan rolls Vantage against my Swordbreaker Lucina. Sure, he gets doubled but you know what? It would've happened anyway because double-breaker situations revert to Spd and he doesn't really care because he's got a decent Def stat. Now Eldigan's got a winning matchup against my Lucina and every other high-speed swordsman because he needs to get hit three times to die while they need to get hit twice.

Could Lucina roll Vantage too? Sure, but she now runs the risk of getting doubled by other swordsmen yet lacks the Def to survive getting doubled. It's a bad situation for her and every other high-speed swordsmen as they're forced choose to either get doubled by every one of their peers and die or get Vantage'd by a high-Def swordsman like Eldigan and die.
-
I'm probably missing something, but the future's looking kinda grim for high-Spd, low-Def characters. :\ If you can't kill in two hits but die in two in a same-color matchup, you're in for a bad time. Of course, being able to kill in one is ideal...*Looks at -blade cavalry*

Thanks for the advice, guess I'll go ahead with that! Any Skill Inheritance tips for anyone on the team? I have yet to mess around with Skill Inheritance outside of giving my MRobin Triangle Adept (and only TA 2, at that).

Man I want a Sheena, Hector or Effie so badly. I totaled up all my orbs I've ever used and it's somewhere in the 500 ball park. I have never pulled these units ever!!!!!! I want an awesome tank unit plz!

Mupod

She rose alongside the -blade tome users for a reason. She can hand out 2-3 buffs at once, and is a pretty solid unit on her own. She may be a support character but her stats are fine, she'll do what you need a red sword to do. If you're running Eirika/Nino it's the Nino show anyways.

She rose alongside the -blade tome users for a reason. She can hand out 2-3 buffs at once, and is a pretty solid unit on her own. She may be a support character but her stats are fine, she'll do what you need a red sword to do. If you're running Eirika/Nino it's the Nino show anyways.

That's the thing , her stats are average. I don't feel any of her inate abilities are worthwhile and with inheritance you have to load her up with an entire set of better abilities and perhaps even a better weapon. I don't think she's good whatsoever.

SYNTAX182

So after 2 seasons of not getting a defense with Lucina, Takumi, Nino, Ninian/Olivia, I took out Takumi and put in 4* Sharena with Lucina, Nino, Ninian and voila, a defense win! And on top of that, I get a deathless run with the Sharena team, the fuck. Takumi straight trash lol.

Mupod

So after 2 seasons of not getting a defense with Lucina, Takumi, Nino, Ninian/Olivia, I took out Takumi and put in 4* Sharena with Lucina, Nino, Ninian and voila, a defense win! And on top of that, I get a deathless run with the Sharena team, the fuck. Takumi straight trash lol.

I got a defense last week almost immediately after putting Ursula out front. Merric wasn't working as bait anymore, I guess.

Thanks for the advice, guess I'll go ahead with that! Any Skill Inheritance tips for anyone on the team? I have yet to mess around with Skill Inheritance outside of giving my MRobin Triangle Adept (and only TA 2, at that).

I put Sword Breaker on MRobin as well just to for sure put down all swords. Lance Breaker would be good too if that is a bigger threat. Nino benefits greatly from Desparation. Desperation 3 can be found on a 4* Shanna. Lot of folks then go the Fury route in slot A to get her in desperation range, others have used Ardent Sacrifice to do that. Hone Attack is a great C Slot to buff back Eirika.

Others may have some great recommendations for Sharena.

Yeah I want my red unit to be able to solo Hector.

Eirika can at the very least take a hit from Hector and may be able to kill him in the follow up. If not Nino with desparation will. Eirika is great at buffing, postioning (pivot and drag back), and taking a hit that then allows others to clean up.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If you have Ephriam, you can throw Hone Speed on him to turn him into a spear-using Eirika.

What would you put on Olivia? I'm very reluctant to promote her to 5* because I don't think she can really hang with Ninian or Azura in usefulness. I gave mine a Ruby sword but that's about it.

She can provide two separate buffs in one turn - three if you give her a Rally buff. That makes her very useful as a back line support character on a team. She's especially great with -blade mages who benefit from buffs, but she basically makes everyone better at what they already do.

I have an Ephriam who acts like Eirika, and his buffs are what allow MRobin to ORKO a lot of units he otherwise would not quite kill. Those same buffs also let my Lucina take on Hector a lot more easily.

Eirika also has Drag Back, which is good for pulling enemy units out from the pack (so that you can pound them with stronger units) while also keeping Eirika at a safer distance.

SYNTAX182

I got a defense last week almost immediately after putting Ursula out front. Merric wasn't working as bait anymore, I guess.

Hmm, yeah, maybe people were surrendering seing Lucina in the front. I might 5* Sharena, really liking her on this team.

So what everyone is saying is Erika is only good for being the buffing slave or taking a hit so other more important units don't take damage. Got it. Not using her. I'll stick to my other reds (marth and Lilina)

On a different note, would I be crazy to inherit a 5* Jeorge into my Takumi JUST for his bow? I can't ever see using two archers and Jeorges bow is the exact same attack rating as Takumis, but with a far more useful skill.

Wiseblade

The last arena season pushed my feather count over 22,000 so I'm looking to promote my first Green 5* unit. My candidates are:
So I went with Anna, slapped Fury 3 on her and now shes's a little terrifying. I would have preferred Death Blow, but I do like the synergy with her 5* weapon. I'm levelling her as hard as I can to try an Anna/Azura/Seliph/Kagero team in the Arena tomorrow. I just have to figure out how to deal with Effie without Takumi.

SYNTAX182

She can tank surprisingly well. Put life and death 3 on her and I read she can still actually survive a Linde attack. Whoa. Amazing buffer too, especially with Nino and a dancer, that's 2 units dead right there.

kewlmyc

By herself, yeah, she's just average. But she's not meant to be on the front lines. She's a buffer. Put "Rally Defense" on her and she can boost the attack (+3), defense (+4), and speed (+4) of a single unit in one turn if you have her spaced correctly. Have her as a buffer for a mage like Tharja and Nino, who gain attack damage for every buff on them, and she is one of the most helpful teammates you can have. Slap a dancer/singer in there and the Nino/Tharja she buffed can clear half the map in one turn by themselves.

But yeah, if you're only using her for front line assault, then she can seem pretty mediocre with her basic moveset and a mediocre boon/bane.

Mupod

Seriously considering dropping 20k on Odin to give his tome (and moonbow) to Linde...if I'm already running Nino, I can either swap her in or run both depending on the bonus unit. Almost seems like overkill but I bet it'd be hilarious at least.

kewlmyc

Seriously considering dropping 20k on Odin to give his tome (and moonbow) to Linde...if I'm already running Nino, I can either swap her in or run both depending on the bonus unit. Almost seems like overkill but I bet it'd be hilarious at least.

I don't think you can transfer both a + weapon and Moonbow. Both will cost two slots each.

I don't think Jeorge's weapon is transferable

It's not.

Draxal

It's probably worth it. She would delete the things that Nino was weak to.

Mupod

I don't think you can transfer both a + weapon and Moonbow. Both will cost two slots each.

It's not.

From what I understand, you don't need to take the regular weapon. You can just take the better one. Also heard that if you give a 5* weapon to a 3-4* unit they can learn and use it, which is pretty cool if you plan to take someone from a low star level all the way to 5.

From what I understand, you don't need to take the regular weapon. You can just take the better one. Also heard that if you give a 5* weapon to a 3-4* unit they can learn and use it, which is pretty cool if you plan to take someone from a low star level all the way to 5.

She would be required to learn Blarblade first and then learn Blarblade+. That's 700 sp.

I'd recommend using her for a bit and once you have the SP then pull the trigger if you feel you still need it.

So now that I'm finding out you can't transfer legendary weapons off their holders it's making a lot more sense why people like Erika. She can have more buffs than others due to her special sword. You can't just make another Erika.

kewlmyc

I can confirm that's not the case. I wouldn't be in this 750 SP Brave Lance + hell with Effie if that wasn't the case.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So now that I'm finding out you can't transfer legendary weapons off their holders it's making a lot more sense why people like Erika. She can have more buffs than others due to her special sword. You can't just make another Erika.
Correct. Only people who also carry unique buffing weapons can do what Eirika does.

Doesn't Linde already delete everything that's not a green with her existing tome? Though I suppose making it even stronger would let her overcome type disadvantages, though the downside lies in how she'd have to hang around a buffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom