• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I'm seeing merged units in almost every match too. Lost a couple characters on my first run to unexpected stuff, like a +2 Takumi doubling Olivia. Haven't had time to sit there and look at stats and abilities, but I've got many runs to go this week so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Just got Vantage 3 on Lucina. The SP farm for her hasn't been that bad for me as it's a great way to quickly bang out a lot of stamina when you're short on time. Just need to get her an assist now, but I haven't decided what. I badly need to fill out the buffs on my team for Nino but Pivot could be extremely useful. I found an extra Cherche yesterday too.

champloo

That screenshot is HUGE please quote it.

Enemy team doesn't look all that rough to me honestly. Extremely squishy. You even have an Ursula for the Kagero.

imo glass cannon-y ranged units are the toughest to deal with, especially on the bridge map, that's at least for my team. and Ursula has no chance against Kagero.

Cerium

imo glass cannon-y ranged units are the toughest to deal with, especially on the bridge map, that's at least for my team. and Ursula has no chance against Kagero.

I'm probably too used to Nino damage. Ran the damage calculator just now and was amazed to see that even with colorless advantage Robin doesn't come close to one shotting Kagero.

Busaiku

So finally getting around to messing with skill inheritance.
If I want a level 3 skill, do I need 3 units? Or do I just transfer the level 1 and I get all 3?

MSMrRound

If I want a level 3 skill, do I need 3 units? Or do I just transfer the level 1 and I get all 3?

The unit you are using to merge must be able to learn the skill that you are aiming for.

E.g I wasn't able to put Moonbow on Nino until I had uncapped my merge material unit (Odin I think?) to 4*.

You can also transfer 3 skills at once, but let's say if you want to get Fury 3, you need to select Fury 1, Fury 2 and Fury 3 all together. That's the rough idea I have, since I'm also quite new to the skill thing

Draxal

Neither. You would need to transfer 3 skills but you can get up to three skills from one character.

kewlmyc

The bridge map sucks in general.

The only times I lose a unit nowadays or lose outright is on the bridge map or when the enemy's Azura/Ninian does something unexpected.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The bridge map sucks in general.

The only times I lose a unit nowadays or lose outright is on the bridge map or when the enemy's Azura/Ninian does something unexpected.

Bridge map is the worst. Second worst is the one where everyone is behind a wall.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Lava map is the worst. The bridge I can at least try to separate them. Lava map I always get rushed down and caught in this messy positioning battle.

I find it's better to hang back on that map, but then again, I use 2 characters that can counter at any range.

13randO

Lava map is the worst. The bridge I can at least try to separate them. Lava map I always get rushed down and caught in this messy positioning battle.

Bridge map is the worst. Second worst is the one where everyone is behind a wall.
Honestly, I can't decide which is worse. Hopefully these maps will get a tad better after the update that let's you position your squad before the fight starts.

Ninferno

To me, the map with 2 parallel breakable walls is the absolute worst. All my 3 core members are melee units and it's always hell when I try to position them to face enemy they have WTA towards. When I face Azura/Ninian + Lindle/Nino/Julia (often > +6 and with Fury 3 due to my relatively high BST) I'm so screwed and often find myself stuck at my starting position, waiting to get slaughtered by ranged fire.

I really hope the April update with re-position option at the start can mitigate this to some degree.

kewlmyc

I'm cool with the wall map. A singer and two range units make that map usually a cakewalk.

Lava map can be annoying at times, but it usually just becomes a Nino choke point. Only time I have problems with it is when the enemy has a dancer/singer.

Nothing touches how bad Bridge map can be at times.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Seriously. If I go in on those ranged units then I have to kill everyone who can reach my attackers in one turn, or else survivors will oneshot people on the enemy turn. That's very hard to do without a dancer, and even harder on the damn bridge map. I backed off and let Linde suicide on Robin, but Julia standing way out of reach of my Lucina was the main problem.

Ursula isn't strong enough to oneshot anyone in that team because she's 4*.

I won that match, but I only had one unit left. I probably could have had two left if not for some positioning errors at the end there, but still. Fuck that combination of mass ranged nukes + bridge map.

Dee Dee

She's to busy drawing shipping pictures of Sigurd and Deirdre ... And Seliph and Julia ... and Eliwood and Hector.

Look, if I could draw like her, that's exactly what I'd do as well. But let her draw some stuff for FEH on the side please.

Concerning the spring festival:

I was excited at the thought of Xander in a bunny outfit...

zlKikhN.png

I am distinctly "meh" on this though. Also, I am allergic to carrots. Sad.
His weird voice acting line and pose... just no.
I just hope this doesn't mean he won't be considered for future fan service events, and we get some kind of repeat of the Fates Summer DLC.

Will probably keep my nearly 300 orbs waiting for the Ike banner or something with Ryoma/Hector in Focus. Might try for Xander after all though. But at least he'll be in the Grand Hero Battle eventually so I can recruit him either way.

Scum

+ATK -SPD Ryoma 😑

Incidentally, do you guys think we'll get an increase in the friends list and/or differently designed maps??

Akuun

+ATK -SPD Ryoma ��

Incidentally, do you guys think we'll get an increase in the friends list and/or differently designed maps??
Hey, your Ryoma can sit in the corner with my -atk +res Ryoma. :(

New maps will probably come eventually.

Friends lists should probably be expanded too, but I think it's less of a priority.

Do you need Blarblade+ for horse emblem? I wanna pass the tome plus Moonbow which is conveniently 3 slots

That and 5 star Odin is a disgusting thought

The extra Mt is nice but you're already getting 30 more damage from both the Hone and Fortify Calvary buffs.

That beats the entire cast sans Hector and Robin (F) who will kill you and a few greens. Also Effie.

Weebos

Banned
Can't say I'm wild about the Spring Costumes. I'll have to see how the weapons and skills shake out for these guys.

I would have preferred getting Yarne and Panne, but hey, can't win all the time.

Mupod

Do you need Blarblade+ for horse emblem? I wanna pass the tome plus Moonbow which is conveniently 3 slots

That and 5 star Odin is a disgusting thought

I wasn't going completely serious about it, so I just passed Moonbow and regular Blarblade. She still did so much damage when buffed that the cavalry quest was no problem, even with dead weight Gunter and Jeigan.

I'm raising up Linde now, already passed Fury 3 and Desperation 3 to her. One nice thing about leveling a new 5* is you can skip their normal skills and only buy the inherited ones, if necessary. And by staying at low levels as long as I can, I can squeeze some extra low-stamina SP by clearing the low stratums until I outlevel them by 6. In retrospect, not buying all my castle upgrades has helped with SP gain a little bit.

So I may do the 20k feathers into Odin thing in the future despite the SP cost on his tomes being a bit rough for a unit that starts at 5* level 1. Linde's damage output is crazy even without it and at level 13...she's going to pass 40 Robin and Merric's attack stats before she hits 20.

I wasn't going completely serious about it, so I just passed Moonbow and regular Blarblade. She still did so much damage when buffed that the cavalry quest was no problem, even with dead weight Gunter and Jeigan.

Good to know. I might get the cavalry quest done yet

Linde's damage output is crazy even without it and at level 13...she's going to pass 40 Robin and Merric's attack stats before she hits 20

Oh shit. You finally pulled a blue and it was Linde! Congrats

Fuck Linde

macklelol

Seems like I can finally put my 100+ orbs to good use. I need Lucina so much.

Also, is Iote's Shield on Catria a good idea?

I'd say no, unless you really need a unit to bait out archers. Most fliers don't need Iote's Shield and are better off using an offensive A slot skill instead. If anything, Michalis is probably the best user of Iote's Shield.

kewlmyc

Can't say I'm wild about the Spring Costumes. I'll have to see how the weapons and skills shake out for these guys.

I would have preferred getting Yarne and Panne, but hey, can't win all the time.

That makes too much sense. Should have had them in here as a 5th and 6th unit at least.

Do they even celebrate Easter in Japanland?

Firemind

I'd say no, unless you really need a unit to bait out archers. Most fliers don't need Iote's Shield and are better off using an offensive A slot skill instead. If anything, Michalis is probably the best user of Iote's Shield.
Subaki has better defenses than Michalis, which is insane to me. Pegasus Knights should be the frail and speedy class. Minerva has 35 speed lol.

explodet

I am this close to taking my only Sully and promoting her to 4* only to feed her to Nowi for Swordbreaker 2.

I guess the prudent choice of action would be to wait and see what characters I get rolling on the Spring banner.

Sushen

I am this close to taking my only Sully and promoting her to 4* only to feed her to Nowi for Swordbreaker 2.

I guess the prudent choice of action would be to wait and see what characters I get rolling on the Spring banner.
This waiting game throws in uncertainties. What if I got 4* unit of what I just promoted in the next pull? I found this game is getting pretty unsettling in that regards.

Mupod

yeah, if you find a 4* Abel pulling blues you could get swordbreaker 3. Oddly enough I found two of him early on and merged them like an idiot, nowadays all I find are endless Subakis and Sullys. I think I got 7 4* Subakis and god knows how many 3* pulling blues in Blazing Shadows. I haven't sent home any units since inheritance was announced but a bunch of these are gonna be going, I don't need THAT many quick riposte 2.

I've promoted lots of 3* to 4* for inheritance though. Did Shanna and Hinata this morning for Linde. I don't have any candidates for a 5* promotion that I have an absolute burning need to get up there right now, I'd rather have a few super units.

Akuun

Keep in mind that Swordbreaker only really helps her kill Falchion users and other red swords more easily. If you don't use Nowi for that very often or if you have other ways to deal with Falchions, then Swordbreaker won't be some sort of game-changing improvement on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom