• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

I did too, no dice, just two more 5* Hinoka ): not sure I want to invest in Olivia.

I was basically just saying most defenses come from slip ups, I'm sure if you paired Ninian with any other glass cannon it'd be the same result. No high level players have holes on their team since they need to be prepared for everything, so it's just catching people off guard.
What's better about Ninian over Olivia who's more available? I'd like to know so that I can regret not getting her despite wasting many orbs.

lt519

What's better about Ninian over Olivia who's more available? I'd like to know so that I can regret not getting her despite wasting many orbs.

Blue counters the over abundance of reds and lack of greens in the arena right now. Light Breath+ is also better then Silver Sword+. She can withstand attacks much better then Olivia, so if you know your matchups well she can actually be used as more than a dancer.

Mupod

what the fuck is this attack stat, lol. This is the easiest character to level ever.

vRVL1cG.jpg
my 5* Robin, Merric and Lyn have 40 atk at max level. That's what I lived with for a longass time before I got Lucina and Nino. This is nice.

Sterok

Robin may only be good for Takumi (and a lesser extent Kagero), but the Facepuncher is so common it helps to have a hard counter to him. Plus he has Spur Defense, so that helps for tanking. And I gave my Robin Rally Defense (so something could buff Nino), so even more tanking.

I am considering replacing Robin with Eirika though so I can go all Nino Kuni on everyone. Problem is my Eirika is -Attack, and Lucina is so much better at being a Red Sword, and I'm very hesitant to not use Lucina right now. Leaning towards replacing Robin with Sharena eventually, but I'll see how that goes. Nino is probably my MVP now even without any buffs to help her.

lt519

Robin may only be good for Takumi (and a lesser extent Kagero), but the Facepuncher is so common it helps to have a hard counter to him. Plus he has Spur Defense, so that helps for tanking. And I gave my Robin Rally Defense (so something could buff Nino), so even more tanking.

I am considering replacing Robin with Eirika though so I can go all Nino Kuni on everyone. Problem is my Eirika is -Attack, and Lucina is so much better at being a Red Sword, and I'm very hesitant to not use Lucina right now. Leaning towards replacing Robin with Sharena eventually, but I'll see how that goes. Nino is probably my MVP now even without any buffs to help her.

I use Robin basically like a tank. Put Triangle Adept on him and put him in the way of some reds and pick away with Nino/Jaffar. With Triangle Adept he's a fantastic answer to Ryoma as well (although Eirika has no problems with Ryoma either). He'll be relevant as long as every other team has a Takumi in this meta.

Vena

The nice thing in pulling nothing but red in my quest for Roy, is that I keep pulling Sanaki. So its been raining Triangle Adept/Hone Attack 3 for my roster, lol.

Cerium

Triangle adept + Sword Breaker Robin is legit.

He may not be Linde or Reinhardt, but suck he does not.
Unless I'm misremembering there is no way currently to get Triangle Adept 3 onto Robin without sacrificing a 5* and as a blue he shouldn't need Swordbreaker to handle reds. A good unit should already be winning its advantage matchups and maybe use same color breakers to become even more versatile.

I use Robin basically like a tank. Put Triangle Adept on him and put him in the way of some reds and pick away with Nino/Jaffar. With Triangle Adept he's a fantastic answer to Ryoma as well (although Eirika has no problems with Ryoma either). He'll be relevant as long as every other team has a Takumi in this meta.
My issue here is that if you're already running Nino you already have an answer to Takumi, and Lucina, and pretty much anything that Robin would help you with except Nino does it all and does it better.

Firemind

Unless I'm misremembering there is no way currently to get Triangle Adept 3 onto Robin without sacrificing a 5* and as a blue he shouldn't need Swordbreaker to handle reds. A good unit should already be winning its advantage matchups and maybe use same color breakers to become even more versatile.
Roy

Cerium

Regardless, the fact that we're talking about Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker just to make him viable against reds says it all. You can make just about any unit in this game alright if you spend enough resources, but that doesn't make Robin a good investment.

Regardless, the fact that we're talking about Triangle Adept and Swordbreaker just to make him viable against reds says it all. You can make just about any unit in this game alright if you spend enough resources, but that doesn't make Robin a good investment.

Robin doesn't actually need Swordbreaker for reds.

Firemind

Dude, you're just wrong. I don't even have or like Robin, but he's got the skills and stats to invalidate most reds and colorless just by having Triangle Adept.

Nowadays if I want a Takumi killer I've been using my Seliph. Dude is tanky as hell. Not as clean as Robin but it does the job. I might actually bench my Robin soon for Sharena once they're both leveled up.
Or if RNGods give me an Easter Lucina

Puruzi

Banned
He doesn't need to one shot Lucina to be useful tho. He takes basically no damage from red/grey, which is useful if that fits your team comp.

I don't really care about the oneshotting Lucina thing. Other blues are just better than him to me. Tanking a red or a gray doesn't really matter when you can just blow them the fuck up with the other blue mages.

Articalys

Randomized maps have screwed me over on my last five tries to get a character leveled up. Either it's chokepoints where all my units are ground and they have flyers, or the target units are way in the back, forcing me to lead with others, and the target units get close enough to kill themselves on my safety units, or any number of other things that get in the way.

Cerium

I don't really care about the oneshotting Lucina thing. Other blues are just better than him to me. Tanking a red or a gray doesn't really matter when you can just blow them the fuck up with the other blue mages.
All usefulness is relative. And Robin is, relatively, useless.

Hey so what if he needs Sword Breaker to take out reds, what else am I going to put there? It serves a dual purpose anyways as it prevents him from being doubled because he has high enough defense to take a hit from swords especially with triangle adept. Something Linde can't do. Robin is super useful in my opinion. He is also fun to use because of his utility.

Also you don't need triangle adept 3, 2 is just fine. Bye Selena.

jzbluz

I find Robin underwhelming, probably because I've never had a problem dealing with Takumi.

I can't believe I wasted all my orbs on trying to get Ninian. I don't really need her since I'm pretty happy with Olivia, but I love dancers and I like the idea of having 4 different dragons.

Firemind

ITT people are assuming everyone has Linde and Nino.

Anyway, Robin's decent on defense since he counters a lot of units by himself. That's what matters in 4x4 comps.

Vena

Anyway, Robin's decent on defense since he counters a lot of units by himself. That's what matters in 4x4 comps.

Even if I did, I'd still use MRobin. He's more versatile when built for it. Linde and Nino are either very focused or require a team to synergize. My team prefers MRobin to either of the others.

Nino and Linde also cannot tank a hit on two colors on the enemy turn and set up a Seal or choke a point against said colors. He doesn't need to ORKO anything (though he pretty much does any colorless so long as its not a healer).

Firemind

Exactly. It's just a different strategy. Hyper offense doesn't invalidate other strategies. Competitive Pokemon players should know.

scy

I have two accounts that dumped 100+ orbs chasing green during the Nino banner. I have seen zero Ninos of any kind.

I have a goddamn truckload of Frederick though. Wings (and Fortify Def) for fucking days.

Vena

I wonder how RobinM would work with Close Counter, since he's pretty tanky anyway.

You'd have to give up TA3, which is probably better on him so that he can effectively completely shut down two different colors.

This is my Robin. I've kept Bonfire on him because he's usually getting himself doubled by no-damage dealing ranged/melee units that allow for quicker access to Bonfire. Harsh Command shuts down Dagger/Dark Breath/Seal bullshit. Spur Defense because I don't yet have access to Threaten Attack but it serves the same purpose. And obviously my own dose of Seal bullshit that allows Eirika or Tiki-loli to double up on whatever Robin tanked. The only thing he can't tank is Green and both Tiki-loli and Eirika will walk over greens.

Yes, my Robin is -Att, +Res. /shrug

Started the game with him at 3* and he's going strong. Probably my most consistent unit as he generally has only Nino as a counter (or non-existent green axe users).

Achtius

Current banner is not over until Friday and we are getting the Easter banner tomorrow, does that mean there is a chance for a double banner?

Brave Axe+ Cherche with Attack +3 vs. All
65 wins · 16 losses · 33 draws (Beats every neutral Blue except for Gwendolyn and every Colorless except for Azama and Gordin)

Brave Axe+ Cherche with Deathblow 3 vs. All
77 wins · 15 losses · 22 draws (Beats every neutral Blue and Colorless)

Only reason Nino gives me trouble is because of crappy maps. I'm not running Red Mages now, because I need Karel for the bonus.

When that is over, I will be using Sanaki again. I'm really just gunning below Rank 10K for the next few seasons. I got into the top 5K the last three seasons, but it required a lot of resources and was actually kind of frustrating.

I'm going to be more relaxed while replenishing my resources. I'm so excited for the new banner and Paralogue to go up!

Vena

Heh. The friend for whom I figured out Michalis, got me a 10$ GooglePlay card, rofl.

Only reason Nino gives me trouble is because of crappy maps. I'm not running Red Mages now, because I need Karel for the bonus.

When that is over, I will be using Sanaki again. I'm really just gunning below Rank 10K for the next few seasons. I got into the top 5K the last three seasons, but it required a lot of resources and was actually kind of frustrating.

I'm going to be more relaxed while replenishing my resources. I'm so excited for the new banner and Paralogue to go up!

Mages are the reason that I keep mobility options as a major priority on my characters.

Can't reach a mage? Reposition or Shove.

Need to out run a mage? Pivot.

Want to move Robin into position so that he can face-tank Lucina? Swap or Reposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom