• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Keep in mind that Swordbreaker only really helps her kill Falchion users and other red swords more easily. If you don't use Nowi for that very often or if you have other ways to deal with Falchions, then Swordbreaker won't be some sort of game-changing improvement on her.

yeah, Vantage is another very strong option due to her distant counter.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I am this close to taking my only Sully and promoting her to 4* only to feed her to Nowi for Swordbreaker 2.

I guess the prudent choice of action would be to wait and see what characters I get rolling on the Spring banner.

Keep in mind that Swordbreaker only really helps her kill Falchion users and other red swords more easily. If you don't use Nowi for that very often or if you have other ways to deal with Falchions, then Swordbreaker won't be some sort of game-changing improvement on her.

I prefer triangle adept on my Nowi. Besides allowing me to murder red swords more easily, it also allows me to wipe out red mages like Tharja who would wreck my entire team otherwise since I run 2 greens. Basically being able to negate an entire color with only one skill is pretty awesome.

explodet

I won't badmouth Triangle Adept, I've already got two units with it on. I'm just looking for a Lucina/Falchion killer because my goodness she shows up on a lot of arena teams.

Samstrike

Minerva's base stats without Life and Death and her weapon:
HP 40
ATK 28
SPD 30
DEF 35
RES 25

Mine has:
HP 36
ATK 31
SPD 33
DEF 35
RES 22

You sir are wrong.

Here is my Minerva stat without weapon or Life and death :

HP 40
ATK 31
SPD 36
DEF 32
RES 19

She is + spd/-res. Your's +def/-hp.

I wish I could send you mine for some orbs.

Oh right ORBS not gems. I play too much OPTC lol.

So for you Ninian owners, what skills are you planning to have her inherit? I was thinking of giving mine Wings of Mercy. And possibly Triangle Adept, just to make her slightly more viable in combat to active her light breath + buffs for my blade tome users.

lt519

Had no defenses last week with a bunch of combinations using Eirika/Roy, Nino, Robin, Jaffar/Kagero.

Went back to the tried and true Roy, Robin, Nino, and 4* Subaki and already have some defenses. Either that is a better defense make up or it's matching me against lower tier players.

Just got my perfect run in for the week, no wacky opponents or lapses in judgement this time. Had to restart twice this season. I'm gonna be sad when Jaffar isn't a bonus anymore. He is killing it in sticky situations with extra poison damage and Nino to pull him back.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I prefer triangle adept on my Nowi. Besides allowing me to murder red swords more easily, it also allows me to wipe out red mages like Tharja who would wreck my entire team otherwise since I run 2 greens. Basically being able to negate an entire color with only one skill is pretty awesome.
Yeah, Triangle Adept is a great skill. It's turned my Robin into a tank against his respective colors even though he's -def.

I'd put Nowi into my team for her high rating, but I'm not sure who I would replace with her. Plus I don't like her because she's an embodiment of nearly all the worst anime stereotypes in existence.

Scum

Just did a reroll on my "I'm never going to start this game properly" account on my iPad. Got a +ATK -RES Ninian.

Sushen

Not only I'm getting no defense win, but even reaching 4000 is tough for me. All those Nino and Julia players are giving me headaches.

Any good suggestions to counter those? I'm sick of losing 6th or 7th match.

Scum

Cerium, mate. Your assistance is required. How is your Ninian setup? We want to steal look at it. 👀

MANUELF

Banned
Not only I'm getting no defense win, but even reaching 4000 is tough for me. All those Nino and Julia players are giving me headaches.

A red unit with good resistance and triangle adept takes no damage from them, my Roy eliminates every green unit easily

PS: It feels good not having to worry about a defense win this week, already got a 256 points one and I got a 3 death run worth 4228 offense points and a 30401 place right now, in the week I will try to do a deathless run for the first time

lt519

Jaffar can kill Julia on her attack. Renders all her teams useless against me. Against Nino Jaffar can avoid getting doubled if he's boosted by Eirika. But for the most part I keep my team away from Nino until I can get a Red safely in range to damage/kill her then have Jaffar or my Nino finish her off. You need someone that can get in there and tank a Melee hit after killing Nino. As opposed to Julia or Takumi I usually try to take out Nino's teammates first to remove her buffs and then get her to move into range of a melee.

Edit, also like posted above a Triangle Adept on a red like Roy is good.

Akuun

Have a red handy. Red units can usually tank at least one hit from a green mage thanks to type advantage, as long as they don't get doubled. Reds that have Triangle Adept like Roy take very little damage from greens.

As for fighting them, you can either try to stay out of range and let them walk into your range themselves, or you can place a unit who can tank/counterattack them so that they get baited into walking forward to their deaths. I'm not that comfortable dealing with green mages either because my team is very blue heavy, so I try to stay out of range and wait for a chance to go in with my red unit.

Another option is to fight them with your own mage. Red mages are an obvious choice, but if you don't have a good red mage, green mages with Green Tomebreaker also work.

Mobility is a big thing, since they're ranged and you usually need to get your green counter in position really fast if the mage is in range. Bring a dancer, or consider putting movement support skills like Reposition/Shove/etc on some of your guys.

commish

G tomebreaker helps a lot.

I changed up my defense team and now I'm getting wins.

Before it was just Robin, Seliph, Eirika, Julia. Robin being the portrait.

Swapped out Eirika with Ninian and made Seliph the lead. Defense wins now coming.

Scum

Have a red handy. Red units can usually tank at least one hit from a green mage thanks to type advantage, as long as they don't get doubled. Reds that have Triangle Adept like Roy take very little damage from greens.

As for fighting them, you can either try to stay out of range and let them walk into your range themselves, or you can place a unit who can tank/counterattack them so that they get baited into walking forward to their deaths. I'm not that comfortable dealing with green mages either because my team is very blue heavy, so I try to stay out of range and wait for a chance to go in with my red unit.

Another option is to fight them with your own mage. Red mages are an obvious choice, but if you don't have a good red mage, green mages with Green Tomebreaker also work.

Mobility is a big thing, since they're ranged and you usually need to get your green counter in position really fast if the mage is in range. Bring a dancer, or consider putting movement support skills like Reposition/Shove/etc on some of your guys.
Ohhh! So Triangle Adept on Tharja is good...?

commish

I changed up my defense team and now I'm getting wins.

Before it was just Robin, Seliph, Eirika, Julia. Robin being the portrait.

Swapped out Eirika with Ninian and made Seliph the lead. Defense wins now coming.

Dancers are always best to get defensive wins. Maybe I should try TWO dancers and two nukes on defense and see what happens.

Mupod

my defense cut it close last week but I've already got one now. 4* Ursula out front, 4* Olivia, Nino of Death and Lucina.

I'd imagine once Linde is functional I'll be able to do whatever I want with that team. I should make a joke team to swap in once I have my weekly defense secured, maybe something to do with all these Subakis. Or I put Linde out front with 3 Wrys as a reward for their bravery.

Sushen

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Reinhardt has been serving me well against Takumis. But probably it's a time for Jaffar and/or Sanaki.

Akuun

Ohhh! So Triangle Adept on Tharja is good...?
Since Tharja is a Blade tome user, I think it would depend on what you're using her for. Triangle Adept makes you super strong against good type matchups (you'll do tons of damage while taking very little damage in return), does nothing for your same-type matchup, and makes you useless against your bad type matchup.

Because Tharja is strong enough that she can potentially kill blue units despite type disadvantage if she has enough buffs, you might not want to put Triangle Adept on her, since Triangle Adept would remove that aspect of her. But if you're using her purely to blow up reds and greens (that is, if you have someone else to handle blues for you), then Triangle Adept will help her melt greens. But again, as a Blade tome user she might not even need help melting greens.

Cerium

Cerium, mate. Your assistance is required. How is your Ninian setup? We want to steal look at it. 👀

All I've got on her is Fury 3. It helps with everything, because I need my Ninian to do a little of everything, and the damage helps trigger Escape Route for global dancing which is really nice.

commish

my defense cut it close last week but I've already got one now. 4* Ursula out front, 4* Olivia, Nino of Death and Lucina.

I'd imagine once Linde is functional I'll be able to do whatever I want with that team. I should make a joke team to swap in once I have my weekly defense secured, maybe something to do with all these Subakis. Or I put Linde out front with 3 Wrys as a reward for their bravery.

I honestly don't think Nino is that good on defense. Enemy AI is pretty dumb so it doesn't use Nino effectively, and often just keeps buffing each other and moving around in a circle.

Mupod

it never ceases to amaze me how incredibly common Takumi is in arena. If I said he was in 90% of matches I feel like that'd be lowballing it. I know a lot of people rerolled at the start but it's crazy. It's why I'm hesitant to stop running Robin, but I have other casters who can one shot him on the attack reliably so I dunno.

Triangle Adept and gem weapons really went under the radar for me early on, due to their poor descriptions not giving a sense of what they actually do (that is, they simply strengthen the triangle influence offensively and defensively). But I have almost nothing to work with here, only a 4* Selena and Cordelia that I'm hesitant to give up as I have no dupes and their IVs are good. I need to pull more reds.

I honestly don't think Nino is that good on defense. Enemy AI is pretty dumb so it doesn't use Nino effectively, and often just keeps buffing each other and moving around in a circle.

absolutely never put rally buffs on your defenders. Hone/Fortify seems to be used just fine, though. And the Nino I have is fairly lethal even un-buffed, Darting Blow is quite sneaky as unless you look for it you won't know until it hits you. I've had Robin taken out by Tharjas that way before.

Scum

Since Tharja is a Blade tome user, I think it would depend on what you're using her for. Triangle Adept makes you super strong against good type matchups (you'll do tons of damage while taking very little damage in return), does nothing for your same-type matchup, and makes you useless against your bad type matchup.

Because Tharja is strong enough that she can potentially kill blue units despite type disadvantage if she has enough buffs, you might not want to put Triangle Adept on her, since Triangle Adept would remove that aspect of her. But if you're using her purely to blow up reds and greens (that is, if you have someone else to handle blues for you), then Triangle Adept will help her melt greens. But again, as a Blade tome user she might not even need help melting greens.
Well I do have a Neutral Hector and a +SPD Nino. Probably best to keep Tharja as is then. Cheers for the info. 👍🏾

All I've got on her is Fury 3. It helps with everything, because I need my Ninian to do a little of everything, and the damage helps trigger Escape Route for global dancing which is really nice.
I chucked Wings of Mercy 3 on my Azura. Utter madness watching her pop up all over the map. 😮
But, what about Dark Breath+? I read somewhere about giving that to Ninian...

Cerium

I chucked Wings of Mercy 3 on my Azura. Utter madness watching her pop up all over the map. ��

Dark Breath+ would be excellent, but I don't want to sacrifice 20k feathers and a 5* Corrin for it.

My team is not 100% min/maxed perfect, but so far I've found it to be Good Enough™ for pretty much all of my purposes.

lt519

Yeah, second'd that Nino & Eirika aren't great for defense. They are lethal on offense but the combos I've run into I've had no problem dealing with.

Switching back to Subaki and Roy is getting me back on the board on defense. Having glass cannons seems bad, players can manipulate them into bad positions too easily. I also had Nino in the lead, maybe people were surrendering? I also think having a flier is killer for some people on the lava or bridge maps. I hate running into dual fliers on those, very hard to defend against. No archers on my team and it can get messy.

I wish we had some more insight into how many matches/losses we have on defense.

Perfect run 4420 is only 11,000th, the dream is dead. I did have some bad "score" match ups, but I doubt another 30-40 points would have made a difference.

commish

I wish we had some more insight into how many matches/losses we have on defense.

I would love that. I would also love to see replays of my defenses. Some other games include replays, so I hope they have it here eventually. Really helps with team building.

Cerium

Defense replays are my number one desire. I want to see how my guys bodied the other teams.

I haven't had any issues getting defenses with Nino.

I would love that. I would also love to see replays of my defenses. Some other games include replays, so I hope they have it here eventually. Really helps with team building.

This.

I would also like the ability to battle friends teams in a practice arena for stamina and no rewards. My friend could let me know wtf is going on.

Akuun

Well I do have a Neutral Hector and a +SPD Nino. Probably best to keep Tharja as is then. Cheers for the info. ����

I chucked Wings of Mercy 3 on my Azura. Utter madness watching her pop up all over the map. ��
Glad to help. :D

Wings of Mercy on the dancer is always a pain in the ass. I've carelessly lost units to surprise Azura and surprise Ninian before, since they are both pretty good in a fight.

I've also seen Ninian with Swordbreaker before. It works the same way as Swordbreaker Nowi in that I found out way too late that my Falchion user won't delete her when I needed her to die that turn.
The closest thing I could find to learning how your defense team works is by putting them into a training map and hitting auto-battle. You can at least see how the AI handles your units.

That's how I found out my old team was killing itself and losing to EVERYTHING by rallying itself endlessly.

Defense replays are my number one desire. I want to see how my guys bodied the other teams.

I actually want to see both win/loss defense replays. Then work towards optimal builds to counter the most common scemarops

Is there a new tier list of skills that are worth passing? I have 2 Takumi's, Lucina, Hector, Tiki Young, Camilla, Robin (M)... I am looking to OP them but unsure where to even start.

Guys I need your help. I don't follow the thread much since it moves pretty fast and I'm completely oblivious on the new fusion skill method.
I wanted you to help me with my team/composition. I took a screen of what I've currently have, I want suggestion on who should I 5* (I have feathers only for one) and if there's a better composition than the one I'm using.
http://imgur.com/gallery/dbXh0
Thanks!!

Sushen

How would it work if the enemy unit had sword breaker on while your Lucina has Vantage? Vantage wins?

I'm considering bring back my Marth with Swordbreaker on him instead of Lucina.

fek

About defense wins, this week again I haven't got any yet... I don't know if my team just isn't getting many chances or maybe its getting paired with higher rated players? It shouldn't because Reinhardt, Nino and Azura don't have high BST but I just have no idea.

backlot

Guys I need your help. I don't follow the thread much since it moves pretty fast and I'm completely oblivious on the new fusion skill method.
I wanted you to help me with my team/composition. I took a screen of what I've currently have, I want suggestion on who should I 5* (I have feathers only for one) and if there's a better composition than the one I'm using.
http://imgur.com/gallery/dbXh0
Thanks!!

Nothing really wrong with the team comp you've got set at the top of those screenshots. Those are four of the strongest units in the game. Only problem I could see would be maneuverability with two knights on your team. I see a lot of Effies and Hectors using Pivot now to help out with that and putting the Swap skill on some of your units might help too. You could also consider training up Olivia so they can get a second chance to move a bit more.

Cerium

How would it work if the enemy unit had sword breaker on while your Lucina has Vantage? Vantage wins?

I'm considering bring back my Marth with Swordbreaker on him instead of Lucina.

Both activate. Vantage user attacks first, and if Marth survives, he attacks twice.

Scum

Dark Breath+ would be excellent, but I don't want to sacrifice 20k feathers and a 5* Corrin for it.

My team is not 100% min/maxed perfect, but so far I've found it to be Good Enough™ for pretty much all of my purposes.
That's very true. It should be available at 3*. :V

Glad to help. :D

Wings of Mercy on the dancer is always a pain in the ass. I've carelessly lost units to surprise Azura and surprise Ninian before, since they are both pretty good in a fight.

I've also seen Ninian with Swordbreaker before. It works the same way as Swordbreaker Nowi in that I found out way too late that my Falchion user won't delete her when I needed her to die that turn.

The closest thing I could find to learning how your defense team works is by putting them into a training map and hitting auto-battle. You can at least see how the AI handles your units.

That's how I found out my old team was killing itself and losing to EVERYTHING by rallying itself endlessly
Yep. I've used Auto Battle plenty of times, and the AI sucks donkey balls. It's bloody daft watching them. lol

lt519

I'm guessing it's due to the dancer and not Nino, people get careless, like me and then surrender after losing a unit. You run with Ninian right? Last week I basically the same team as you but sub Robin for Ninian and Takumi for Jaffar/Kagero/etc and it gets no defenses. We both have good nature pimped out Ninos and Eirikas as our basis and a strong colorless. Maybe I'm underestimating Takumi though, haven't had the fortune of having one and my Robin destroys them, but something tells me Nino and Eirika aren't what's giving people trouble on D.

Scum

Sing and Dance should be given the healing treatment. Would be nice to gain EXP from using those skills...

Cerium

I'm guessing it's due to the dancer and not Nino, people get careless, like me and then surrender after losing a unit. You run with Ninian right? Last week I basically the same team as you but sub Robin for Ninian and Takumi for Jaffar/Kagero/etc and it gets no defenses. We both have good nature pimped out Ninos and Eirikas as our basis and a strong colorless. Maybe I'm underestimating Takumi though, haven't had the fortune of having one and my Robin destroys them, but something tells me Nino and Eirika aren't what's giving people trouble on D.

I mean using Robin instead of Ninian and Kagero instead of Vantage Takumi are not exactly small changes. Ninian has a lot to do with it, and Vantage Takumi also probably has a lot to do with it.

Also Robin secretly sucks. He's good against like one character unless you Triangle Adept him. When I was playing around with the damage calculator I was shocked at how ineffective he generally is.

I don't think you can credit any one single character. I'm always preaching that a good team is more than the sum of its parts; when you're running with glass cannons like Nino I feel that a dancer is essential, hence why I dug deep into my orb stash to get Ninian.

lt519

I mean using Robin instead of Ninian and Kagero instead of Vantage Takumi are not exactly small changes. Ninian has a lot to do with it, and Vantage Takumi also probably has a lot to do with it.

I don't think you can credit any one single character. I'm always preaching that a good team is more than the sum of its parts; when you're running with glass canons like Nino I feel that a dancer is essential, hence why I dug deep into my orb stash to get Ninian.

I did too, no dice, just two more 5* Hinoka ): not sure I want to invest in Olivia.

I was basically just saying most defenses come from slip ups, I'm sure if you paired Ninian with any other glass cannon it'd be the same result. No high level players have holes on their team since they need to be prepared for everything, so it's just catching people off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom