• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll hand out 2* versions of the Easter units through quests and event maps.

LjdxnUA.gif

Articalys

They are, in the April update.
I know they are, I'm just saying it needs to come faster.
Could it be you haven't upgraded your castle yet?
Did that almost first thing, and they still have the 1.5x promotional thing going on. I can't even imagine how slow it will be once that goes away.

The problem is that the RNG is repeatedly screwing me over with enemy types and map placement so that I'm only ever able to kill one or two of the generic units with the guy I'm leveling, and they give a lot less XP than named ones.

Sushen

They really need to fix leveling up. I'm averaging one level for a single 4* 30+ unit every three or four battles.
It all depends on how fast one can kill enemy units. My 5* Michalis went from 1-40 in a half day without me using any stamina potion. He went from 1 to 20 in first 15 minutes of leveling up with other similarly leveled units.

Well, nothing left to do but get these Orbs for beating 10th Stratum with the cavalry and flier teams. Already at 5/15 for the cavalry, and I'm resetting until I only have to fight three units. If they're all the same color, that makes it a slam dunk. I'm at 95 Orbs right now, and I haven't summoned in two weeks.

I'll be able to do the fliers quest shortly after I get Michalis leveled up.

I will simply pretend that Armor Quests don't exist. I do have exactly 4 of them, but it's just 4* Gwendolyn, 4* Gwendolyn, 3* Gwendolyn, and 2* Draug. It's simply not worth it.

Well, after dumping around a hundred orbs pulling just green and blues, I got two 5 stars, but my quest for Ninian ended in abject failure.

I have no interest at all in the easter costumes, other than not being able to get them later/rarity. So I'll probably save for the banner subsequent. I do have an absurd collection of 3* Odin, Corrin, and Nino now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, after dumping around a hundred orbs pulling just green and blues, I got two 5 stars, but my quest for Ninian ended in abject failure.

I have no interest at all in the easter costumes, other than not being able to get them later/rarity. So I'll probably save for the banner subsequent. I do have an absurd collection of 3* Odin, Corrin, and Nino now.

Odins are a great source of Moonbow, though you have to get him to 4*. Also Red Tomb Breaker.

I used to have a bunch of Authers, but I got rid of most of them to give people Swap.

Vena

I don't have four heavies with which to even do the Heavy quest on Stratum 10. X_X

Can't do the 7-4 quest either for the same reason, lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If they aren't useful as units, I won't pull. Holding a carrot is not enough to get me to pull.

Cerium

If they aren't useful as units, I won't pull. Holding a carrot is not enough to get me to pull.

I don't really need any more useful units. If they are useful that is a bonus. I just want rare shit so that I can post pictures and brag about them.

Like, I don't even like Camilla as a character, but it's a fucking flying mage!

Vena

I don't really need any more useful units. If they are useful that is a bonus. I just want rare shit so that I can post pictures and brag about them.

Like, I don't even like Camilla as a character, but it's a fucking flying mage!

Ehh. Useful units are always welcome, especially as they ramp up difficulty and get creative with the Grand Battles.

scy

I'm really curious what niche they'll even try to fit, we've got a lot of the statline areas covered already and undecided on how unique their weapons will even be. This could be a weird powercreep moment.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ehh. Useful units are always welcome, especially as they ramp up difficulty and get creative with the Grand Battles.

Yeah. Power creep is inevitable and all our currently cherished units will be passed over in usefulness. Happens every gacha game. If it didn't, why would people ever pull?

I'm really curious what niche they'll even try to fit, we've got a lot of the statline areas covered already and undecided on how unique their weapons will even be. This could be a weird powercreep moment.

Mobile games live and die by power creep. That's almost certainly what this is going to be.

Vena

Yeah. Power creep is inevitable and all our currently cherished units will be passed over in usefulness. Happens every gacha game. If it didn't, why would people ever pull?

Well, I don't think it'll go to the point where units/heroes actually become useless or even dip severely in usefulness. I think they'll add more mechanics/ways of eating heroes like Inheritance and Feathers and SP and "level +".

Meanwhile, they'll also make maps require more hero variety and Grand Battles that require very optimized teams. These will incentivize pulling (along with hero "dumps").

Make an excellent soup.

Articalys

It all depends on how fast one can kill enemy units. My 5* Michalis went from 1-40 in a half day without me using any stamina potion. He went from 1 to 20 in first 15 minutes of leveling up with other similarly leveled units.
So what are the tricks for that then? Does it have to be a 5* to be strong enough to kill anything in its way?

It also doesn't help when I've got a unit at, say, level 25, and the only stratum levels offered are at 20 and 30, even after trying to reshuffle a few times in a row. It just gets tedious.

Cerium

So what are the tricks for that then? Does it have to be a 5* to be strong enough to kill anything in its way?

It also doesn't help when I've got a unit at, say, level 25, and the only stratum levels offered are at 20 and 30, even after trying to reshuffle a few times in a row. It just gets tedious.
Surround them with high level buffers and dancers.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is the Bunny Banner starting in 30 minutes or when are we getting the units ?

Articalys

You didn't get the free Olivias? She's perfect with her dancing and Hone Attack.
I just have the one at 3* level 30 (and the other still at 1* level 1); she hardly has the skills to guarantee I can just tear through an entire enemy team even with a healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom