• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

I'm planning ahead. Is Caeda any good for Flier Emblem?

I'm probably looking at a team of Cherche/Cordelia/Red Flier and I'm not sure if the latter should be Caeda or Palla. Haven't investigated their stats at all.

edit: Hmmmm nah Palla seems better at a glance. Phew. Don't have to worry about that banner.

Acerac

Banned
Spent 45 or so orbs and got a -spd Bunny Lucina. I think I'll call it there, none of these units seem too exciting to me (absurd designs aside).

chaosyn

Started with 209 orbs, and regret was setting in until I made this late pull.

kj2mtWq.png

Lucina is a +Spd, -HP from what I can gather from other posts here.

Got 65 orbs to pull with and stopped at 20 when I ended up with absolutely nothing special. Geez some of you guys are lucky. Now I'll just be sitting here waiting for the game to give me more orbs.

That's what I should have done.

If my Bunny Lucina had anything that wasn't -SPD or -ATK, then the 100 Orbs would have been worth it for her alone. I'll probably use her if she'll be featured, but I don't want to keep this crap around.

I still have good old Linde, but today's results are just deflating. This makes me appreciate all my other 5* Heroes, including Jakob who I benched several seasons ago. Axe Camilla is at least useful for all content outside of Arena.

EDIT: Nah, I'll just use 4* Michalis for Arena. Don't want to waste time grinding a failed unit.

spiritfox

I'm probably looking at a team of Cherche/Cordelia/Red Flier and I'm not sure if the latter should be Caeda or Palla. Haven't investigated their stats at all.

Palla has the better skills if you're not inheriting.

Finishoff

oNwXxV4.png

Burn through 80~ orbs saved from events and got nothing not even one 5 star unit.
Purchased 23 orbs using google opinion rewards credit and managed to last minute pull the event Lucina. I am soo done with pulls.

DooD1234

edit: Hmmmm nah Palla seems better at a glance. Phew. Don't have to worry about that banner.
Caeda has Fority Flier at 4 star if you care, otherwise she has really poor attack and defense stat from what I notice from my 5 star that I pulled a while ago.

Cerium

I also pulled a bunch of good skill fodder tonight.

Already fed a Frederick to my Ninian. Power leveled him all the way to 33 to get the SP I needed. Really scratches that itch, being stuck at Fortify Def 2 was killing me. At last, Nino can be maximized. 18 bonus damage from buffs.

Theoretically it should be possible to hit 20 but that would defeat the purpose of having Eirika.

macklelol

What you want probably depends on if you're gonna focus on having a super buffed Spring Camilla or if you're gonna stick with a melee flier squad. Caeda comes with Fortify Fliers, but is honestly pretty weak due to her poor attack stat. Her entire skillset isn't really that good either, so you'll have to invest a lot of skills and SP to make her work. Palla is stronger but slower, and she has a great set of skills from the start.

My Flier Emblem team is almost done, maybe I'll share what I've got later on.

Ninferno

Caeda's ATK is really low; Palla isn't fantastic either but she gets the job done a bit better than Caeda. Let's face it. Offensively, there are a lot more capable blue and green fliers than red so your reds' job beside buffs is pretty much kill Hector/Nino/Julia fast. Palla's spd is not great for a pegasus but she should still double Hector in most cases and with Ruby Sword+ she should handle Hector without problem. She gets doubled by Nino in most cases but with her semi-decent Res (although below pegasus standard again) and WTA she should survive. Again with Ruby Sword+ she should OHKO the squishy Nino.

All in all, Palla is the more hassle free choice with less work required.

Shahadan

Decided to try pulling once (a single character) for the hell of it, hoping to get a good old one.

I got bunny Luicina :(

And I'm forced to use her now since she's my only 5* blue mage :(

Fuck

Cerium

By the way Swift Sparrow 1 seems to have Darting Blow/Death Blow as a prereq, so it's actually the second level of a skill and Swift Sparrow 2 is the third.

There is no Swift Sparrow 3. At least not until they introduce fourth level skills.

It's still fucking ridiculous and I need it.

Shinypogs

So in one of the few blue orbs I got I pulled a 4* effie with - hp +res. Contemplating if it's worth the feathers to promote her and use her over my 5* Effie with + speed - defense. I wouldn't be doing it right away but at some point in the distant future.

Also need help knowing which spring Camilla to raise.

1, - hp + speed
2. - res, + atk
3. - hp + atk

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ended up with new Lucina, Xander, Chrom and another Hector. Guess I can give distant counter to Lucina.

Have to admit, I do like seeing Xander stab thing so with a carrot.

Ninferno

1, - hp + speed
2. - res, + atk
3. - hp + atk

Probably - res, + atk. Her speed is on the lower end so +SPD isn't going to be too useful. She should aim for one-shotting things so +ATK is good. Her res is so terrible that you will be avoiding mages like the plague anyway so -RES isn't much lost.

Sölf

I spent 100 orbs. I summoned all 5 heroes every time, mainly because I already got so many blue and green heroes when I tried to summon Ninian, so a few more reds are welcome. The first 2 pulls weren't that great, I did get 4* Tharja and 3* Eliwood though. The other 3 though...

Henry and Niles should also be quite useful.

Shinypogs

Probably - res, + atk. Her speed is on the lower end so +SPD isn't going to be too useful. She should aim for one-shotting things so +ATK is good. Her res is so terrible that you will be avoiding mages like the plague anyway so -RES isn't much lost.

Sounds good, I'll try and make sure she gets hone atk buffs from fem Corrin or Olivia so she can do even more damage. I imagine it'll only take a few days for people to figure out the optimal inheritance set for her.

Ninferno

Just realized something potentially hilarious. Caeda is in the "Battling Navarre" banner but I can't think of a reason how she could be good in dealing with Navarre. Maybe she can straight up run into his face and recruit him just like in the actual games. lol

Nah, it's probably for Rally Speed to avoid getting someone doubled by Navarre or there's a axe knight or something.

Roman

So in one of the few blue orbs I got I pulled a 4* effie with - hp +res. Contemplating if it's worth the feathers to promote her and use her over my 5* Effie with + speed - defense. I wouldn't be doing it right away but at some point in the distant future.

1, - hp + speed
2. - res, + atk
3. - hp + atk

She's coming up as the only blue unit on the Battling Navarre banner so you might want to wait for that.

Just got bunny Lucina, she's +DEF/-HP which could be worse but I'll take it obviously!

Same here. Was hoping more for Nowi, even at 4*, but I'll take it.

redcrayon

What you want probably depends on if you're gonna focus on having a super buffed Spring Camilla or if you're gonna stick with a melee flier squad. Caeda comes with Fortify Fliers, but is honestly pretty weak due to her poor attack stat. Her entire skillset isn't really that good either, so you'll have to invest a lot of skills and SP to make her work. Palla is stronger but slower, and she has a great set of skills from the start.

My Flier Emblem team is almost done, maybe I'll share what I've got later on.
I fed Caeda to one of my other fliers (Cordelia, I think) who had the relevant slot spare, just to carry forward the Fortify Fliers skill. Other than that I've found Caeda's woeful attack stat makes her a bit useless- she's got an armourslayer but not the strength to make it useful, and not the defence to survive a second round. Even armour units beat her in combat. Just a really poorly synergised unit, shame as I like the character.

Nice, Effie banner coming up. Looking forward to that.

redcrayon

Sölf;233032753 said:
I spent 100 orbs. I summoned all 5 heroes every time, mainly because I already got so many blue and green heroes when I tried to summon Ninian, so a few more reds are welcome. The first 2 pulls weren't that great, I did get 4* Tharja and 3* Eliwood though. The other 3 though...

Henry and Niles should also be quite useful.
Lon'qu is always useful just for carrying forward the Vantage skill.

Cerium

So theoretically, imagine Spring Camilla with

Gronnblade+
Whatever Assist
Moonbow
Iote's Shield
Swordbreaker
Ward Fliers

Then surround her with Goad Fliers and Rally Defense / Resistance.

16 attack from the stacking Goad Fliers alone, plus 8 from the rallies, for a 24 point attack boost.

Pretty much everything is dying in one hit, and Swordbreaker ensures that includes reds.

It might not be worth building this when you can make Super Cherche without sacrificing a 5* Nino but still fun to theorycraft.

Zafir

Well. Used 110 orbs. Pulling only blue/green. I got a 5* Hawkeye and 2x5* Easter Camilla.

Wanted her the least since I don't really like her at all and not only that do I get two of her. :( Typical.

spiritfox

So theoretically, imagine Spring Camilla with

Gronnblade+
Whatever Assist
Moonbow
Iote's Shield
Swordbreaker
Ward Fliers

Then surround her with Goad Fliers and Rally Defense / Resistance.

16 attack from the stacking Goad Fliers alone, plus 8 from the rallies, for a 24 point attack boost.

Pretty much everything is dying in one hit, and Swordbreaker ensures that includes reds.

It might not be worth building this when you can make Super Cherche without sacrificing a 5* Nino but still fun to theorycraft.

Yo you can't put swordbreaker on Greens if not we'd have put it everywhere.

Zafir

Apparently the Nino I pulled is +ATK/-RES.

Isn't +SPD but that's still better than the other Nino's I've pulled before. Might just use my feathers on her since waiting on a +SPD is going to take ages and I have nearly a perfect team to support Nino with Eirika and Ninian.

Vecks

Welp, 80 orbs down the drain. Not one bunny. Instead, got a 5 star Sheena half way through. :(
But I ain't giving up. Two weeks left. Gonna try and farm up any free orbs I can for this.

champloo

I also pulled a bunch of good skill fodder tonight.

Already fed a Frederick to my Ninian. Power leveled him all the way to 33 to get the SP I needed. Really scratches that itch, being stuck at Fortify Def 2 was killing me. At last, Nino can be maximized. 18 bonus damage from buffs.

Theoretically it should be possible to hit 20 but that would defeat the purpose of having Eirika.

Are you leveling up your skill fodders? cause you don't have to do that...

Cerium

Nobody is perfect brah. We learn from our mistakes.

Speaking of Flier Emblem, for those of you building it, when you're done please do post diaries. It's going to be a while before I can assemble the full team, but Cherche is going to be very possible soon and I'm really interested to see what kind of numbers you're getting from her in real world applications.

Are you leveling up your skill fodders? cause you don't have to do that...

Ah. That's what I get for skimming the Skill Inheritance rules. I just assumed they'd try to stick a grind in there.

the bridge map. fuck it to the depths of hades

god damn it

had a great run going

last map

why the fuck didn't this game allow you to rearrange from the beginning?

i'm so mad i might wait until the patch

fek

Used about 90 orbs, got 5* Hawkeye and Bunny Camilla, the one I wanted the most. Done with this banner (or so I want to believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom