• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone think 3 Hectors and an Effie would be good on defense? I'm thinking it would be hard to not lose a unit against that. I know my own team couldn't do it.

onionfrog

Ursula with blarblade is pretty great. And mines only 3* right now.

I'm going to build horse emblem since I've got 5* Peri and Eldigan also.

Dee Dee

I spent 108 Orbs and only got 1 5*:

GC1BeEB.jpg

Yussss.
Didn't even check his IV, I'm just here for the carrot jokes.
I was up to 4% on the banner at that point.
Pulling him was agony, nothing but crap units otherwise. Any useful skills I can get out of 4 extra Olivias, a bunch of Florinas and multiple Donnels?
The only useful other unit I pulled was a 3* Gwendolyn, since I still need more armored units for some missions.

Time to waste all my MyNintendo points on life blessings to earn orbs from those lunatic missions back.
Ike banner isn't coming anytime soon though?

Mupod

Anyone think 3 Hectors and an Effie would be good on defense? I'm thinking it would be hard to not lose a unit against that. I know my own team couldn't do it.

You'd only ever see that team if you had a similar setup or extremely high stat merged units/Fury. The problem with four armors is you can kite them forever using a dancer or Draw Back. In my case I run desperation on Nino and soon Linde, either one could kill 3 Hectors once they get under 75% hp (Linde would need an attack buff but I always have one).

You don't need to beat a particularly high stat team to get the max defense so it's mega overkill anyways. And as dumb as AI Hector is, he's a character you need to plan around so I doubt anyone with him is lacking in defenses.

I have a question for the masses. How in gods name are you getting SP these days? I need to get my squad of Nowi, Lucina, Linde and my 4th SP to get their newly inherited skills and getting 1 SP per kill isn't cutting it. Am I missing something or is it designed this way. When leveling up we had an abundance of SP. Now, the well has run dry!

Gotchaye

I have a question for the masses. How in gods name are you getting SP these days? I need to get my squad of Nowi, Lucina, Linde and my 4th SP to get their newly inherited skills and getting 1 SP per kill isn't cutting it. Am I missing something or is it designed this way. When leveling up we had an abundance of SP. Now, the well has run dry!

You'll get 3 SP per kill against level 35+ enemies in the training tower. This is 12-15 SP per 9 stamina, so it's a little over 100 per day, which is not awful but yes is annoyingly slow. I'm still expecting there to be some new way to get SP introduced.

It's worth noting that you can cheat the system for characters that aren't already level 40 5*s by leveling them differently. If you level a 4* above level 20 before unlocking potential, that's more SP. If you level a character against enemies a few levels lower you will get experience much more slowly while gaining the same amount of SP per kill, maximizing SP per stamina.

I don't know, but I ran into Horse Emblem just now and couldn't get away without losing someone. Olwen and Cecilia had the buff tomes alongside two Eldigans, and all of them had Fury and either Hone or Fortify Cavalry. The team you describe is beatable by anyone with a healing red and something that can kill Effie. It's a lot of kiting, but they can't gang up on people so a single Lucina will eventually kill every Hector. It's rougher if they all have Goad or Ward Armor, but I think they still go down.

Mupod

I just got 600 SP on Lucina and I'm working on Linde right now.

For a 40, only do level 35 and above. You can sometimes get SP from recommended lower levels but enemy levels can deviate lower. That usually means eighth/ninth stratum. You should be getting 3 per kill this way.

I back the character up with a dancer at minimum and don't go in against bad matchups. Lucina can handle 2 red swords, infinite axes, and at most 1 red or green caster. So I only fight favorable teams, then I sweep them with her. It gets easier and easier, once she had Fury 3 and Vantage 2 I could get riskier.

So that's usually 4 kills per 9 stamina. I can't always play for long periods of time so it works out for me, I can bang out 5 tower missions real fast. It's not that bad of a grind.

Now Linde, I'm intentionally leveling her slowly. I fight in a stratum until I no longer gain SP from enemies of that level and slowly climb up. She does such overwhelming damage that it's very easy, she's got Fury 3, New Moon and Desperation 2 and she is only 31.

The BEST way to get SP is how I leveled Nino. I raised her from 3* to 5*, and leveled her to almost 40 before promoting each time. Didn't use crystals. Had enough for all skills and I could customize her even more if I wanted.

edit: arena sort of works too, but you only get 1 SP per kill UNLESS you're a bonus unit. Ursula for example gets 3 SP per kill in arena for me right now.

Sölf

Currently leveling Bunny Lucina, Bunny Camilla, Tharja and Niles. That's an... interesting team. They are all now Level ~20. Since Niles is only 3*, I may put him away for now and level someone else instead.

Also, for my guys.

Bunny Lucina: -SPD/+RES (RIP)
Bunny Camilla: Neutral
2nd Ninian: -HP/+RES (my first is -HP/+DEF)

Which of those Ninians would you actually prefer? Most of the time she is dancing anyway, but I am not sure if +RES or +DEF is actually more useful on her.

With Bunny Camilla, Tharj,a Ursula and Kagero I could also now build a #TeamOppai.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You'd only ever see that team if you had a similar setup or extremely high stat merged units/Fury. The problem with four armors is you can kite them forever using a dancer or Draw Back. In my case I run desperation on Nino and soon Linde, either one could kill 3 Hectors once they get under 75% hp (Linde would need an attack buff but I always have one).

You don't need to beat a particularly high stat team to get the max defense so it's mega overkill anyways. And as dumb as AI Hector is, he's a character you need to plan around so I doubt anyone with him is lacking in defenses.

Well, 3 of the 4 have ranged counter attack, so you can't really kite them, unless, I guess, if your team has passive heal. And I run Vantage on my current Hector, so if you get him below 75%, you are going to take a pretty big hit.

I don't know, but I ran into Horse Emblem just now and couldn't get away without losing someone. Olwen and Cecilia had the buff tomes alongside two Eldigans, and all of them had Fury and either Hone or Fortify Cavalry. The team you describe is beatable by anyone with a healing red and something that can kill Effie. It's a lot of kiting, but they can't gang up on people so a single Lucina will eventually kill every Hector. It's rougher if they all have Goad or Ward Armor, but I think they still go down.

Hmm, yeah the healing red would be a problem, but not everyone runs those, especially at the BST my team would be at. Maybe I can give one of them Wings of Mercy as a surprise.

I got bunny Chrom. I hope he´s good, I seriously need a good green unit.

I'd tentatively call him the most useful of the bunch today.

Vena

The stat totals and spread of the bunnies isn't good, imo. They are definitely for level grinding or item grinding in purpose.

So I got to twenty orbs today with the extra missions and decided to take a spin.

Got three reds and two colorless on the first table. Shit. So I take one red, which ended up being a 4* Tharja. I'll take it.

I have enough for three summons so I figured why not, take another spin. And I get Bunny Chrom.

So a good day so far.

Sushen

I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units.

Syntsui

Good strategy releasing some of the worst piece of shit units stats-wise/skill-wise with these bunny suits, people will pull like crazy anyway. lol

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Went and got Bunny Camilla (+SPD) & Bunny Xander on one account, and Bunny Lucina on the other.

They have good art though :).

Seems like the feheroes reddit's impressions are:
Bunny Chrom = strong version of Raven,
Bunny Camilla = opposite Camilla essentially xD. Good DEF, decent magic attack - could be useful
Bunny Lucina = poor man's Linde, has a useful skill for inheritance
Bunny Xander = horrible attack, middling speed and RES, good DEF... generally not that good (my own thoughts, maybe good in Horse Emblem?? Anyways, I needed a tank...)

parasight

Spent 150~ orbs on picking Green/Blue only. Have no 5* to show for it. Pissed but I got 4* Nowi, 4* Robin(M), 4* Nino I guess. All bad Natures except Robin.

My Nino is -ATK +SPD, is that really bad? I kind of need a 5* Green still and was thinking of promoting her. But with the next Gauntlet coming up maybe I should just promote Camilla.

Weebos

Banned
Spent 80 orbs, no 5 stars. I did get a 3* Nino that I'm grooming for success. +RES/-DEF, not ideal but not trash.

Bunch of other decent 4*s, only notable one is a +ATK/-DEF Lilina.

Could have been worse.

SaintZ

I summoned and only got 3 stars :(

I only did one roll tho. I refuse to spend money on this but the bunny outfits are so tempting. I want Lucina >_<

kswiston

I pulled 45 orbs and got jack squat. IS made sure to troll me by having 3 sets with nothing by red and grey. 15 orbs wasted right there. The best that I managed was a dupe 4* abel that I can feed to someone for swordbreaker. I also got another 4-star Nino, but her nature is worse than the one I already have. Does she have any skills worth transferring, or is she better off converted to 300 feathers?

I have a bunch of the free orbs from the Lunatic and Training Tower quests to open up, so I will try again later.

In other news, I fed my 4-star Roy to M Robin to give him Triangle Adept. I only had enough leftover SP on Robin to unlock Triangle Adept 2, but he already feels like cheat mode with it. I had to take a garbage Level 22 Azama with me to get the Arena bonus, but I managed to do 7 perfect matches straight. 4138 total. Nowhere near what some of you pull, but that's on the higher side for me, even if I didn't have a low level healer losing me 40 points a match for having a 96 rating.

Mupod

Please hand out more orbs, IS.

Assuming the rest of the trivia questions are answered, 10 more are coming on the 7th. April quests will go live and we'll get a few from those.

Was a little disappointed at the scale of the spring event, but I guess we can't expect them to throw out 36-orb quest boards willy nilly.

Here's hoping they keep up the login bonus orbs.

Well, 3 of the 4 have ranged counter attack, so you can't really kite them, unless, I guess, if your team has passive heal. And I run Vantage on my current Hector, so if you get him below 75%, you are going to take a pretty big hit.

Hmm, yeah the healing red would be a problem, but not everyone runs those, especially at the BST my team would be at. Maybe I can give one of them Wings of Mercy as a surprise.

I'd tentatively call him the most useful of the bunch today.

The counterattack and Vantage wouldn't come into play if they are being killed in one round. In my case if one survived I'd just have Lucina stand in range and take a hit, she also has Vantage.

I didn't take ward/goad armor into account, but I also didn't take full buffs on Nino/Linde into the equation either. Remember that desperation will have both attacks go off before Armads counters. Without that skill, yeah, it'd be a shit show unless you had something like a triangle adept red.

Clov

I got Spring Camilla on my first pull! Is she worth leveling up at all? I have enough shards to take her right to level 27.

kswiston

I got Spring Camilla on my first pull! Is she worth leveling up at all? I have enough shards to take her right to level 27.

Don't use shards. Those first 20 levels are painless, especially with the 1.5x EXP event, and you get a lot of extra SP from fighting. You are probably throwing away 100 SP if you use shards to do 1-20

EDIT: It looks like the 1.5x event is done. Still not worth wasting shards.

lt519

This is absurd, was not expecting these weapons haha.

I'll pull the free orbs given, ranged flier is an interesting concept. I'm sure some people are going to get creative with skills for that one.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Shards are only really worth its for a quick boost from 10/15 -> 20, if you are promoting a unit just to have someone inherit their skills.

Whizkid7

All these units are straight up terrible.

Camilla at least has the novelty of being the first flying mage going for her, right?

I could see her being semi-decent with some work. Nino's tome, Vantage, leave Defiant Spd on and she'd go to town in any buff centric team and probably not melt as fast as Nino.

I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units. I don't need bunny units.

You don't need them, and you shouldn't even go for them. I and other people paid a big price.

I was so excited to spend after 2 weeks of hoarding, that I couldn't even wait to see final stats and skills. For someone who is competitive in Arena, I should have known better. I won't be doing that again.

Should have just waited for the banner with Kagero and Effie, because I have neither of them.

The game loves giving me the same crappy 3* and 4* summons, so there is a large list of undiscovered Heroes.

Bunny Xander is absolutely horrible. Feel bad for those who get him.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Got a -HP/+ATK Bunny Chrom. I needed a decent green unit so this seems ok. What do people like to inherit on him? That axe skill doesn't seem useful at all.

kswiston

Shards are only really worth its for a quick boost from 10/15 -> 20, if you are promoting a unit just to have someone inherit their skills.

I could see using crystals to get a few extra levels out of a 4-star that you want to promote to 5-star, but are too lazy to work up.

But other than that and your scenario, keep your shards/crystals for getting someone like Olivia up who is horrible to level and is mainly used for her dance skill.

Syntsui

Camilla at least has the novelty of being the first flying mage going for her, right?

I could see her being semi-decent with some work. Nino's tome, Vantage, leave Defiant Spd on and she'd go to town in any buff centric team and probably not melt as fast as Nino.

I mean, would you really waste all these awesome skills on her? If you really have a stock of good inheritable units anything could be turned into a ''good unit'' I guess. I'm a bit mad I wasted my precious 90+ orbs here haha.

Whizkid7

I mean, would you really waste all these awesome skills on her? If you really have a stock of good inheritable units anything could be turned into a ''good unit'' I guess.

*shrug* If you really like the character, why not? I'm drowning in Vantage personally, and I don't use Nino because I don't find the character interesting. Might as well put them to use on someone I do like, yeah?

Yeah for people who went nuts I can understand the pain haha. I got lucky and only spent maybe 30 orbs, so I find their middling-ness less offensive, I guess.

kswiston

The game loves giving me the same crappy 3* and 4* summons, so there is a large list of undiscovered Heroes.

I have pulled maybe 120 heroes in the past 2 months, and have received 6 4-star Gwendolyns.

I will have no problem finding drag backs if someone good needs that skill.

I just got 600 SP on Lucina and I'm working on Linde right now.

For a 40, only do level 35 and above. You can sometimes get SP from recommended lower levels but enemy levels can deviate lower. That usually means eighth/ninth stratum. You should be getting 3 per kill this way.

I back the character up with a dancer at minimum and don't go in against bad matchups. Lucina can handle 2 red swords, infinite axes, and at most 1 red or green caster. So I only fight favorable teams, then I sweep them with her. It gets easier and easier, once she had Fury 3 and Vantage 2 I could get riskier.

So that's usually 4 kills per 9 stamina. I can't always play for long periods of time so it works out for me, I can bang out 5 tower missions real fast. It's not that bad of a grind.

Now Linde, I'm intentionally leveling her slowly. I fight in a stratum until I no longer gain SP from enemies of that level and slowly climb up. She does such overwhelming damage that it's very easy, she's got Fury 3, New Moon and Desperation 2 and she is only 31.

The BEST way to get SP is how I leveled Nino. I raised her from 3* to 5*, and leveled her to almost 40 before promoting each time. Didn't use crystals. Had enough for all skills and I could customize her even more if I wanted.

edit: arena sort of works too, but you only get 1 SP per kill UNLESS you're a bonus unit. Ursula for example gets 3 SP per kill in arena for me right now.

You'll get 3 SP per kill against level 35+ enemies in the training tower. This is 12-15 SP per 9 stamina, so it's a little over 100 per day, which is not awful but yes is annoyingly slow. I'm still expecting there to be some new way to get SP introduced.

It's worth noting that you can cheat the system for characters that aren't already level 40 5*s by leveling them differently. If you level a 4* above level 20 before unlocking potential, that's more SP. If you level a character against enemies a few levels lower you will get experience much more slowly while gaining the same amount of SP per kill, maximizing SP per stamina.

Thank you both!

Weebos

Banned
I mean, would you really waste all these awesome skills on her? If you really have a stock of good inheritable units anything could be turned into a ''good unit'' I guess. I'm a bit mad I wasted my precious 90+ orbs here haha.

It's a unique unit, so at least you can show off in Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom