• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Do you guys typically train a single unit at a time by backing it up with high level units like dancers and healers, or do you train a new team of 4 at the same time? It just feels like around level 32 it starts taking for fucking ever to level whole teams.
After my initial team of people, I do one at a time. New guy + someone to give buffs/make up for type weakness + dancer + healer.

Pejo

it's always been easier for me to do one at a time, but early on I like to level up groups as an actual team because it's more fun that way.

it also depends on the character of course. Hector, Nino and Linde could reliably clear entire maps regardless of the enemy team with the right support. I leveled Hawkeye and Selena together because they could cover each other's weaknesses, but it took longer.

Recently for my really powerful 5* I've made sure to level them by themselves and intentionally keep them below 30 as long as I could while still gaining SP. Gotta get as much SP as you can while the maps are still 2-4 stamina. Hector should just barely be able to have Bonfire, Pivot, Distant Counter and Vantage 3 when he hits 40. I'll still need to farm another few hundred on him, so I'm glad I stretched it out.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'm already cursing at myself for promoting 4* to 5* at level 20 instead of getting to 40 first for all the SP bonuses. I like the idea of riding those low stam zones.

Question on Nino. I've got a +Atk,-Res Nino. Is the usual Fury and Desperation still recommended, or should it be different due to slightly less speed?

Roman

Question on Nino. I've got a +Atk,-Res Nino. Is the usual Fury and Desperation still recommended, or should it be different due to slightly less speed?

Inherited skills will carry over into merged units after the April update so there isn't really any downside to giving her skills and using her until you get a +Spd/-Def one.

Fury was mostly recommended on her because of the base stat increase, which won't be as much of a factor after said update. I'd rather go with Life and Death if you are running Desperation, but it's preference.

Sushen

Yea I get that funny feeling after only being able to get a total of 2 Orbs in the past 2 days...

On another note, already ran into too many bad matchups that I can't win for the tournament. Thanks for locking my infantry character alone in that room while the other team is ranged and outside. Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is running a test where how much people will pay if they give 3 banners with little orbs left after spring festival banner to drain orbs.

Weebos

Banned
Any opinions on who my next 5* upgrade should be?

My current candidates:
  • Adult Tiki
  • Nino
  • Lilina
  • Anna
  • Michalis??
  • Navarre???

I need more reds and greens, I'm swamped with blues. My only 5* red is Lucina (not like I need anybody else) and my greens are Camilla and Spring Camilla.

I don't really have a Nino support team ready, but she seems fine in a vacuum as well.

kewlmyc

T-39: Cherche has the least amount of votes.

Camilla - 481, 554, 946
Hinoka - 70, 663, 507
Cordelia - 76, 108, 672
Cherche - 43, 184, 374
Minerva - 100, 325, 106
Palla - 71, 385, 352
Beruka - 43, 252, 580
Subaki - 46, 757, 388

Camilla has more votes than the rest combined. This makes the Prince/Princesses gauntlet look tame.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

My current candidates:
  • Adult Tiki
  • Nino
  • Lilina
  • Anna
  • Michalis??
  • Navarre???

I need more reds and greens, I'm swamped with blues. My only 5* is Lucina (not like I need anybody else) and my greens are Camilla and Spring Camilla.

I don't really have a Nino support team ready, but she seems fine in a vacuum as well.
Adult Tiki is a no. Her low speed screws with her usefulness as a tank because everyone just doubles her to death.

Nino is kinda ehhh without a team to buff her, though you could work around it a little by putting Hone/Fortify buffs on your other teammates.

Lilina is a pretty decent to good red caster imo.

Anna is a solid green but not OP good.

Dunno about Michaelis or Navarre.

Theosmeo

My current candidates:
  • Adult Tiki
  • Nino
  • Lilina
  • Anna
  • Michalis??
  • Navarre???

I need more reds and greens, I'm swamped with blues. My only 5* is Lucina (not like I need anybody else) and my greens are Camilla and Spring Camilla.

Nino if you have someone with good buffing tools, her weapon at max is also really good to put on anyone with green tombs so id say its better than all those other underwhealming picks

Vena

I've been doing my part but this is a lost battle. RIP Cherche.

eaQ00UP.jpg

The rest of you are monsters!

Weebos

Banned
Adult Tiki is a no. Her low speed screws with her usefulness as a tank because everyone just doubles her to death.

Nino is kinda ehhh without a team to buff her, though you could work around it a little by putting Hone/Fortify buffs on your other teammates.

Lilina is a pretty decent to good red caster imo.

Anna is a solid green but not OP good.

Dunno about Michaelis or Navarre.

Nino if you have someone with good buffing tools, her weapon at max is also really good to put on anyone with green tombs so id say its better than all those other underwhealming picks

Thanks, yeah I'm leaning Lilina or Nino because they seem to be better long term upgrades.

Roman

My current candidates:
  • Adult Tiki
  • Nino
  • Lilina
  • Anna
  • Michalis??
  • Navarre???

I need more reds and greens, I'm swamped with blues. My only 5* red is Lucina (not like I need anybody else) and my greens are Camilla and Spring Camilla.

Definitely Nino. With Skill Inheritance it should be no problem to at least support her with two buffs.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo is running a test where how much people will pay if they give 3 banners with little orbs left after spring festival banner to drain orbs.

They are trying to get everyone to drain orbs then drop the nuclear bomb of tellius banners

Edit:
Wtf beruka is suddenly beating subaki

Articalys

Out of about twenty matches so far, I've had a total of one green unit on my side. Part of it I blame on my lacking friends list, but otherwise...

What's the friend list cap anyway? I've sent out tons of requests but it seems like nobody's accepting them, and I've never gotten any either.

Roman

Out of about twenty matches so far, I've had a total of one green unit on my side. Part of it I blame on my lacking friends list, but otherwise...

What's the friend list cap anyway? I've sent out tons of requests but it seems like nobody's accepting them, and I've never gotten any either.

There is a list in the OP with over 50 codes belonging to GAF members that I maintain.

ggx2ac

At least you have 2 of the best 5*. I rolled suck ass Sophia and now I don't know what to do with her.

Green Tomebreaker or Vantage + Raourblade.

She may be slow but she has good resistance and defense.

Edit: Oh, she only has okay defense and resistance... if only she had a brave weapon.

Quixzlizx

Just to confirm, the flag quests don't expire until end of day tomorrow, right?

Also, do you think a Flier Emblem team would be viable with Minerva, Cordelia, Azura, and eventually Palla? I even have multiple 3* Pallas, so I could give Cordelia Spur Fliers as well.

I just don't know if the concept is gimped without Goad Fliers. It would be fun to have a team with 3 Triangle Adepts, though,

spiritfox

Also, do you think a Flier Emblem team would be viable with Minerva, Cordelia, Azura, and eventually Palla? I even have multiple 3* Pallas, so I could give Cordelia Spur Fliers as well.

I just don't know if the concept is gimped without Goad Fliers. It would be fun to have a team with 3 Triangle Adepts, though,

Goad Fliers is the main reason for Flier Emblem. If you're not stacking combat effects then you're better off running a non-gimmick team.

macklelol

I got over 4600 points in the arena with Palla, Cordelia, Minerva, and Michalis, so yeah it's viable. Palla gets Goad Fliers, just stacking a bunch of those with a flier team will get you some decent results. You might be thinking about Hone Fliers, which is very powerful but you can manage without it.

You don't even need Azura, but a dancer could be interesting to use in a flier team.

Achtius

I got over 4600 points in the arena with Palla, Cordelia, Minerva, and Michalis, so yeah it's viable. Palla gets Goad Fliers, just stacking a bunch of those with a flier team will get you some decent results. You might be thinking about Hone Fliers, which is very powerful but you can manage without it.

What slot B are you using for your fliers?

Quixzlizx

Is your Michalis a 5*? Or do you have Fury on any of your units?

I can't get above 4430 or so with Ephraim, Nino, Takumi, and 4* Michalis.

And yeah, I meant Hone Fliers.

macklelol

What slot B are you using for your fliers?
Palla - Wings of Mercy
Cordelia - Quick Riposte (with Triangle Adept)
Minerva - Desperation (with Fury)
Michalis - Renewal lol

Is your Michalis a 5*? Or do you have Fury on any of your units?

I can't get above 4430 or so with Ephraim, Nino, Takumi, and 4* Michalis.

And yeah, I meant Hone Fliers.

Yeah everyone is 5* and I have Fury on Palla and Minerva. Nino and Takumi are good units, but they really drag your stat total down.

Articalys

There is a list in the OP with over 50 codes belonging to GAF members that I maintain.
Thanks, sent out some requests. Hopefully at least a few people say yes.
There were still a shockingly low number of people with green units compared to red ones though.

Sushen

I now understand why Azura is highly rated. As long as red dominated meta is on, she'll be a great secondary kill card. She's definitely one of my main units replacing Olivia for most cases.

explodet

I'm getting a lot of MRobins as enemies and getting a lot of red swords as teammates.

Fortunately I'm running Camilla for the extra points.

Vena

Robin was my original ace unit until deleted my account by accident. I still miss him; I only have 4* version now.

I started with a 3* Robin, I still use him in his buffed 5* ITS RAINING SP form.

Ain't even mad he's -Att/+Res. He's a comically good tank with TA3 against two of the four colors in the game.

Articalys

The map with the island in the middle that you have to go around the top or right sides to get to by land. On the island: Julia and Ninian. My units: two infantry (sword/lance) and an knight.

I couldn't even get more than four tiles away from my starting point without everything getting murdered. Should have just surrendered as soon as I saw the map layout.

On the other hand, I've also gotten the lava map with the chokepoint on the right, where I had an Effie and two other blue units against all infantry melee units. That one was pretty easy.

Vena

So I am thinking that Spur Speed on Blucina is a good idea since it stacks with Rally Speed, or is that not correct?

ggx2ac

So I am thinking that Spur Speed on Blucina is a good idea since it stacks with Rally Speed, or is that not correct?

If she is giving it to other characters, yes it can stack on one of your other units.

The only hard part is that you always need her next to another character to give the buff during that character's combat.

Vena

If she is giving it to other characters, yes.

Ya I wanted to make her an alternative buff bot of sorts (to compliment Eirika), otherwise only other thing I can put in to her C-slot is a threaten skill but I was thinking Spur would synergize well with what she already has available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom