• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggx2ac

It's become more convoluted this time around as well, because you can get 1105 flags per day due to the gauntlet quests refreshing. Before you could go all-in on a character and end up near the top of the army scoreboard, get a massive reward for your support in that round, then lose out later on when you joined another army and had no flags to spend to rank up in the new army you joined.

Per two days, it refreshes on the next round.

At least it makes it easier to not have to manage things but it is true that joining a bandwagon makes the competition more difficult for ranking.

Edit:

I think this wasn't​ a bad idea, I could have picked Quick Riposte or Vantage but Seal Speed probably works well for some brave weapon users.

Plus, I only wanted to add a skill for this voting gauntlet. I didn't want to farm SP completely changing Camilla's skills.

C8pBsnTWAA4m7mQ.jpg

OVDRobo

Camilla most likely, actually.

Maybe everyone's just incredibly short-sighted about how their leader choices affect other people in the gauntlet and their ability to win. That, or they don't care. I'm learning towards the latter. I just recall the problem seeming particularly bad on Team Lucina last time around. Fighting against Ephraim teams with all-reds.

At least it makes it easier to not have to manage things but it is true that joining a bandwagon makes the competition more difficult for ranking.

I slipped up on the numbers because the gauntlet quests are listed as having only 1 day left in-game. Of course, each round lasts 2 days and the total number of available flags per round is 1110.

Still kind of surprised that my other points have held, though. I guess I'll have my answers about the system once this round completes. If it's the way I think it is, I don't think that they entirely thought through the repercussions of having flags refresh each round while carrying over army rankings.

champloo

Edit:

I think this wasn't​ a bad idea, I could have picked Quick Riposte or Vantage but Seal Speed probably works well for some brave weapon users.

Plus, I only wanted to add a skill for this voting gauntlet. I didn't want to farm SP completely changing Camilla's skills.

I much prefer Drag Back on my Brave weapon user. It allows easy hit and run, and it's pretty cheap.

Tonche

Got two possible 4 stars to upgrade - MRobin or Effie. My other powerful people are Roy, Chrom and Camilla. Any thoughts on which one to go for?

Roman

I currently have three Cherches:

5* +DEF -RES
5* -ATK +RES
4* +SPD -DEF

fml

The first one isn't bad at all, Res is among her best banes and +Def reaches 35. Neutral Atk with Brave Axe+ is enough for most purposes, and you can merge the worse one into her. Once you get a +Atk one you can merge these into the new one.

Roman

Current standings at T-40 hours:

#1 Camilla 357,306,394
#2 Minerva 73,414,446
#3 Cordelia 57,102,105
#4 Hinoka 54,105,999
#5 Palla 52,993,643
#6 Subaki 35,106,055
#7 Cherche 32,592,864
#8 Beruka 32,471,804

I'm strongly surprised by Minerva's performance. Have the recruitment drives and informing people about her backstory had an effect? Maybe they are just spending way more flags than Cordelia.

Draxal

Current standings at T-40 hours:

#1 Camilla 357,306,394
#2 Minerva 73,414,446
#3 Cordelia 57,102,105
#4 Hinoka 54,105,999
#5 Palla 52,993,643
#6 Subaki 35,106,055
#7 Cherche 32,592,864
#8 Beruka 32,471,804

I'm strongly surprised by Minerva's performance. Have the recruitment drives and informing people about her backstory had an effect? Maybe they are just spending way more flags than Cordelia.

Being a focus character (more then twice) helps.

Roman

T-39: Cherche has the least amount of votes.

Camilla - 481, 554, 946
Hinoka - 70, 663, 507
Cordelia - 76, 108, 672
Cherche - 43, 184, 374
Minerva - 100, 325, 106
Palla - 71, 385, 352
Beruka - 43, 252, 580
Subaki - 46, 757, 388

Being a focus character (more then twice) helps.

Minerva has only been on Battling Michalis (which lasted merely five days) and the current one. I expected Cordelia to have significantly higher popularity, and their votes are not even close.

Not to mention Cordelia also drops as a 4* and it's not easy to get Minerva on her current banner.

Mupod

I've been leveling Hector by punting him into groups of enemies with no regard for their type or color.

He's level 37 and hasn't died yet.

Camilla - 481, 554, 946
Hinoka - 70, 663, 507
Cordelia - 76, 108, 672
Cherche - 43, 184, 374
Minerva - 100, 325, 106
Palla - 71, 385, 352
Beruka - 43, 252, 580
Subaki - 46, 757, 388

Minerva has only been on Battling Michalis (which lasted merely five days) and the current one. I expected Cordelia to have significantly higher popularity, and their votes are not even close.

Not to mention Cordelia also drops as a 4* and it's not easy to get Minerva on her current banner.

481,000 flags, goddamn.

The power of gratuitous cleavage.

Gotchaye

Camilla - 481, 554, 946
Hinoka - 70, 663, 507
Cordelia - 76, 108, 672
Cherche - 43, 184, 374
Minerva - 100, 325, 106
Palla - 71, 385, 352
Beruka - 43, 252, 580
Subaki - 46, 757, 388

That seems unexpected. So the feather-maximizing strategy is probably picking Minerva and sticking with her through the finals. Subaki gets you more feathers in R1 but you're probably not getting 500 more feathers to make up for the R2 loss.

Also note that while the quests reset between rounds, it doesn't seem like the flags do. So hoarding is still a thing. That said it's pretty rough trying to complete all of these quests every two days so I expect that just maximizing the number of flags you can spend is going to be a major determinant of how many feathers you end up getting from the event.

Mupod

There's not much point to me supporting anyone but Camilla. I'd go the Minerva route for feathers, but I don't have one for bonus so it's not like I'd rank high anyways.

explodet

The special quests will change at the start of Round 2 and the Final Round, so keep at it!
It's good to know we can complete all these flag quests and there'll be another set of quests in round 2 instead of only having one group of quests for the entire gauntlet.
That said, that's a big chunk of stamina trying to get them all.

I just ran into a 40+2 Wrys in the gauntlet. WHAT

Mupod

It's good to know we can complete all these flag quests and there'll be another set of quests in round 2 instead of only having one group of quests for the entire gauntlet.
That said, that's a big chunk of stamina trying to get them all.

I just ran into a 40+2 Wrys in the gauntlet. WHAT

if it was 5* that's hilarious, but I doubt it.

I've entertained the idea of making a +10 4* Subaki.

Mupod

That would be a giant waste of Quick Ripostes in my opinion. A lot of units greatly benefit from it.

Yeah, I know, I already do that. I give it out to everyone I plan to use a good amount but not necessarily use on my main team.

I could give out 4 more and still be able to make a +10. I've gotten more Subaki than of any other 3 units combined, the sheer number of them I've found is a big part of why I went over 6.00% on the Ninian banner.

Mupod

I think my next 5* will be Olivia but if I really wanted to make her good I'd need a Ruby Sword+ and another Fury to give out. I don't have any Triangle Adept.

Mine is +atk -def, level 40 with a lot of gained SP. I dunno if I'd call that optimal, but it does make sense for how I use her and I'm not leveling another one of those to 40. If she ends up in melee with something I probably messed up anyways. With that setup I could situationally drop Lucina and just use Olivia as my Hector contingency plan, then that'd leave room in my roster for the weekly bonus unit.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Got two possible 4 stars to upgrade - MRobin or Effie. My other powerful people are Roy, Chrom and Camilla. Any thoughts on which one to go for?
I'd lean towards MRobin because having a ranged guy to go with all those melee guys will help a lot. I find he's great as a bait-and-counter character against a lot of units, especially with Triangle Adept, and deals pretty good damage to most units at range on his own. He doesn't have the raw I-keel-everyone nuking power that the top tier mages (Nino, Linde, Julia, Tharja, etc) have though, so I'll probably replace mine if I ever get a better mage.

Effie if you want a higher BST for arena and if you want a super tanky guy. But then you'd be an all-melee team, which means you'll have to be very careful with how you handle fights on cramped maps.

Check the IVs on them too. Good or bad IVs will help you choose between the two.

kewlmyc

WHY. AREN'T. ANY. OF. YOU. EFFIEEEEEE?

About 400 orbs across two banners and I don't even have a 4* version of her. ;-;

Are you really bitching about getting two of the best characters in the game, neither of which are focus units, in a single pull? I'm not salty at all...

Mupod

I actually greatly prefer Hinoka over Camilla, that's who I married in Birthright because red haired tomboy and ZR. But I have no Hinoka and she has no chance of winning. Oh well.

I haven't found a 4* Effie either and I've pulled TONS of blues. Both of my long failure streaks were trying to get a blue focus unit.

I actually have maintained a reserve of 20k feathers this entire time just in case I found one. I'll throw a few more orbs at the current Effie banner on Friday but yeah, I don't really want her that badly anymore. I just wanted an armor unit for score and I assumed that I'd never find Hector.

I'm not sure what my current goal is now, I guess. I don't have any good archers/daggers but every time I pull grey I get Wrys or Lissa. I badly need certain reds for inheritance and I have very little to work with in terms of red magic damage. Logic dictates that I should just stockpile for incoming new limited units with unique skills, or try to get an actual arena bonus unit for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom