• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

Ya I wanted to make her an alternative buff bot of sorts (to compliment Eirika), otherwise only other thing I can put in to her C-slot is a threaten skill but I was thinking Spur would synergize well with what she already has available.

I personally dislike Spur because you need to be next to the unit when combat begins, which limits your positioning a great deal. It's too situational for my tastes.

Vena

I personally dislike Spur because you need to be next to the unit when combat begins, which limits your positioning a great deal. It's too situational for my tastes.

Well my thinking is, if she maintains "Rally Speed", Spur offers a +8 speed swing if the units aren't moving. Yes, it is certainly situational but Hone is already covered by Eirika, and Threaten is also situational. :p

champloo

I started with a 3* Robin, I still use him in his buffed 5* ITS RAINING SP form.

Ain't even mad he's -Att/+Res. He's a comically good tank with TA3 against two of the four colors in the game.

Any mage with Raven tome + TA3 and passable bulk can achieve that though. Cecilia for example is not weak to most of the ranged threats in the Arena due to red mages being rare. I don't understand why M-Robin is the only popular one..

UrpfrnT.png

Ayyye.

Moonbow has actually been pretty underwhelming on him.

The only thing it's good against is knights, and he doesn't really want to fight non-axe knights to begin with.

I wish I had a Karel to feed him Wo Dao+ and Reprisal, but alas, I lack the other edgy black haired swordsman.

Perhaps some day.

I thought it was impressive until I noticed he had Fury.

He has 168 rating without it which if he had a 16 attack weapon he'd be at the 173 rating like most red lords.

He isn't any worse than your standard swordsman, but lacking a 16Mt weapon really makes a difference.

Like, Lucina is top tier, but her BST is the same as Navarre's. Except she had a better spread. And a unique weapon.

BUT NO MATTER, NAVARRE IS COOLER.

I am so tilted right now, for the last 4 arena runs on the final round, some Tharja or Azura always ruins my streak to 4k. Someone tell me unit reposition applies to the arena as well. I noticed it takes 1 or 2 turns for me to position Effie in a good place without a Olivia in the team.

Ninferno

Someone tell me unit reposition applies to the arena as well

But why wouldn't it?

Anyway, Pivot is pretty much a must for armored units. If you don't have an idle Marth/Eirika/Cherche lying around, then next option will be Swap which can be useful at times.

Reposition can be good as well if you have a main who you currently do not need a rally or healing/sacrifice skill on him/her.

Ninferno

Saw this on reddit and couldn't stop laughing for like a minute.

This evil dude had his leader unit unequipped its weapon to troll his teammate in the voting gauntlet but somehow managed to troll his opponent as well.

Cerium

This evil guy had his leader unit unequipped its weapon to troll his teammate in the voting gauntlet but somehow managed to troll his opponent as well.

That is legitimately amazing.

Wiseblade

This evil guy had his leader unit unequipped its weapon to troll his teammate in the voting gauntlet but somehow managed to troll his opponent as well.
Why did the game even spawn that map?

ggx2ac

Does anyone know if a weapon breaker can nullify vantage?

I'm only wondering since Axe Breaker can nullify Hector's Armads and Lance Breaker against Effie's Wary Fighter but Vantage is the one thing that's hard to counter but I never really checked if it can be nullified with weapon breaker.

I'm in the top 100 for team Cordelia using all the available flags (as Cordelia for an extra 10%)

Gonna be an easy 3000 feathers. Meanwhile team Udder band-wagoners gonna have to settle for their 500 lol

I hoarded like 479 orbs for Ike I guess I can spend at least a hundred of them for now

But the current focus are not great, I need some good red units :(

Edit : is it worth to spend 20K feathers on Navarre since I don't have any red sword users ? Or is Hana better ?

Roman

I hoarded like 479 orbs for Ike I guess I can spend at least a hundred of them for now

But the current focus are not great, I need some good red units :(

Edit : is it worth to spend 20K feathers on Navarre since I don't have any red sword users ? Or is Hana better ?

Can you show us a screenshot of your units?

champloo

Does anyone know if a weapon breaker can nullify vantage?

I'm only wondering since Axe Breaker can nullify Hector's Armads and Lance Breaker against Effie's Wary Fighter but Vantage is the one thing that's hard to counter but I never really checked if it can be nullified with weapon breaker.

My Vantage Kagero counterattacks first against Assassin's Bow user. I think it's safe to assume breaker skills don't mess with orders.

ggx2ac

So strange, I fought a Hector that had Aegis and G Tome Breaker. He was made to fight green mages but probably only for defense.

My Vantage Kagero counterattacks first against Assassin's Bow user. I think it's safe to assume breaker skills don't mess with orders.

That's why it's annoying that Vantage is the only skill I know of that can't be countered unless you are using Vantage. (I assume.)

Ninferno

I still don't get you guys' obsession towards the choose your legends banner. I mean, I like Ike quite a bit, I'm ok with Lyn and Lucina, and I don't like Roy at all. It might be a nice banner and I might make a pull or two, but I'm certainly not going to lose shit about it. Maybe that's just me.

Again, I would rather have Ike on a Tellius banner than that "popularity" poll banner. Please let this happen properly before that stupid thingy, IS.

Can you show us a screenshot of your units?

Sure, there you go (I just rolled once hahaha)

I still don't get you guys' obsession about the choose your legends banner. I mean, I like Ike quite a bit, I'm ok with Lyn and Lucina, and I don't like Roy at all. It might be a nice banner and I may pull once or twice, but certainly not going to lose shit about it. Maybe that's just me.

Again, I would rather have Ike on a Tellius banner than that "popularity" poll banner. Please let this happen properly before that stupid thingy, IS.

I just want Ike tbh. And Tellius characters in that regard, my two favorite Fire Emblem with Genealogy
Sigurd and Levin when

_Legacy_

I just pulled a crappy 5* Camilla (-DEF+RES), wondering whether to give the brave axe+ to Michalis (who's my bonus arena unit, although happy with my score of 4.4+k) or just save for another green. Guess I could also feed her to my other 5* Camilla for the stat boost and SP gain. So hard trying to decide!

Firemind

I'm in the top 100 for team Cordelia using all the available flags (as Cordelia for an extra 10%)

Gonna be an easy 3000 feathers. Meanwhile team Udder band-wagoners gonna have to settle for their 500 lol
Or you're like me and you're gonna ignore battle flags altogether and get an easy 1500 feathers lol

Varjet

How viable would it be to transfer Fury and Renewal to Lucina? I guess the first question would be if Renewal and the effect of Falchion stack.

ggx2ac

How viable would it be to transfer Fury and Renewal to Lucina? I guess the first question would be if Renewal and the effect of Falchion stack.

You'd probably want to make use of Pavise so she can take hits.

Getting a couple of heals is good but, in arena it can take a while to reach the 3rd and 4th turn to trigger those heal skills.

This is why Raven with Sol is good, he can trigger it pretty quickly by just getting the hits due to Brave Axe. He doesn't need Renewal.

Varjet

So I taught Renewal to Lucina and gave the arena a spin. Got my first perfect run (4478).
...don't think it was solely due to Renewal, but it did help.

Firemind

You'd probably want to make use of Pavise so she can take hits.

Getting a couple of heals is good but, in arena it can take a while to reach the 3rd and 4th turn to trigger those heal skills.

This is why Raven with Sol is good, he can trigger it pretty quickly by just getting the hits due to Brave Axe. He doesn't need Renewal.
Renewal is every 2nd turn. It's not a really a combo with Fury anyway since the point of Renewal is to tank hits. Taking an extra 6 damage, even from ranged attacks, means Renewal isn't going to make up for the HP loss.

ggx2ac

Renewal is every 2nd turn. It's not a really a combo with Fury anyway since the point of Renewal is to tank hits. Taking an extra 6 damage, even from ranged attacks, means Renewal isn't going to make up for the HP loss.

Yes, but all the heal spells activate on the first turn, that's why I said renewal would activate on your third turn since it already activated on your first turn.

Adding to that is why I said Pavise would help mitigate damage because Lucina doesn't have good defense.

Mupod

So strange, I fought a Hector that had Aegis and G Tome Breaker. He was made to fight green mages but probably only for defense.

That's kinda funny but still I could definitely see a use. I had a real shit show of an arena run today where twice I had a very high merged Nino (one was +7) barely survive a hit from a spur atk buffed Hector. I'd probably be fine if I could get rally/hone attack but there's nobody I could put that on right now.

But yeah, running a team with decent stats but no merged units really sucks...I have to bring a 4* Selena, but it's still putting me up against shit like the +10 Minerva that just one rounded Hector. Didn't realize that she had Moonbow, which goes off in 2 hits because of her weapon.

On the upside, once they finally fix the matchmaking I'm pretty confident that I'll have no issues running my team and any bonus unit I want.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Damn, Reinhardt + dancer on that forest + mountain map is some serious bullshit. Reinhardt got a dance, crossed the entire map on the first turn and oneshotted one of my characters. I think if I see that combination again, I absolutely have to run straight for the corners of the map.

This evil dude had his leader unit unequipped its weapon to troll his teammate in the voting gauntlet but somehow managed to troll his opponent as well.
Haha holy shit this is genius.

Sushen

Just like last time, I don't know what I can do once I run out of flags. Seems like a design flaw to me.

Ninferno

Is anyone else using Michalis in arena, how's he doing for you?

I'm assuming you meant 4* lv40 Michalis, which is what I'm using for the arena bonus.

For me, he's OK. I mostly use him to lure and manipulate enemy reds. Fliers with their superior maneuverability are always good at doing this. Threaten defense can be useful at times as well. Combat-wise, he tanks blues pretty alright, perform quite respectfully again slow blues like Effie and Ephraim, who are commonly seen in the 660 BST level I'm at; just make sure you stay away from FemCorrin though. He can also take a hit from Hector if needed, which is nice. And of course, avoid any mage of any color like the plague.

Overall, I think he's alright and not completely a liability. When used correctly, he might even occasionally be able to pull off something remarkable like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom