• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I kind of screwed up this Gauntlet. Since the rewards are the same from Rank 1 to 1000, I should have stopped using flags as soon as I got into the bracket.

I'm rank 62 in my army, but it will be harder to rank high in the next round without spare flags from this round. I made a mistake.

I will probably choose another loser, and back them so that I can save more flags. The flags from the refreshed Quests might be enough to rank high and have a few hundred left over.

I want to use Camilla in round 3, but I'll need tons of flags to rank in the army.

Does it really make sense to make Hector an anti-caster though? I thought he destroyed most casters on counterattack anyway.

If it's about casters slowly wearing him down by suiciding on him, then maybe putting Reciprocal Aid on someone else on the team to bring him back up might be an easier solution. Plus it would free up that B slot on Hector as well.
It's more of a failsafe against his low movement failing to get him out of range in certain situations/arena maps. Pivot can only go so far. He used to be able to hold his own easily, but things have slowly gotten tougher since skill inheritance came in and more mages popped up, not to mention Nowi and Ninan. A Nowi+MRobin combo is surprisingly tough to deal with unless you have another unit to help out.

kswiston

I think that some of you guys misjudged how many people were blowing all their flags in the Camilla bracket. I am Rank 57k in the Camilla race with about 23k points. I am unranked overall. Given that 52% of all flags in the tourney are currently Camilla flags, I would be rank 107k or better if Team Camilla was spending an equal or greater number of flags than the rest of the teams. So, at best, they are spending slightly more. Probably less. I'll have to get another 100 flags to test.

So basically, unless you can manage top 10k every round, it would have probably been easier to just go the Camilla route with the 1500 feather win bonus and less effort.

Vena

Man. This comp is hard-BST limited. This is a flawless run.

VCrqE2Q.png

Works real well until I hit a green mage (aka Nino), though, as it would seem Jaffar is actually incapable of fighting off Nino as his low Resistance gets him gibbed. I am more and more thinking that running him with Fury3 over L&D3 is the better choice. There are too many trades he loses that he would be neutral on with an eight point swing in resistance.

Merric, Julia, and Spring Camilla get ORKOed by Jaffar.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wait, do I save flags for the next rounds or use them all up?

EDIT: Oh right, I keep flags, the change from last time is that there will be new quests for flags in subsequent rounds.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think that some of you guys misjudged how many people were blowing all their flags in the Camilla bracket. I am Rank 57k in the Camilla race with about 23k points. I am unranked overall. Given that 52% of all flags in the tourney are currently Camilla flags, I would be rank 107k or better if Team Camilla was spending an equal or greater number of flags than the rest of the teams. So, at best, they are spending slightly more. Probably less. I'll have to get another 100 flags to test.

So basically, unless you can manage top 10k every round, it would have probably been easier to just go the Camilla route with the 1500 feather win bonus and less effort.

That's what we are saying though - it's a lot easier to get top 10k every round when you aren't competing against so many people. So, you can pick the least popular teams in the first 2 rounds, get top 5k or better finishes, then just switch to the winning team for the last round if you blew all your flags getting top ranks in the first two.

kswiston

That's what we are saying though - it's a lot easier to get top 10k every round when you aren't competing against so many people. So, you can pick the least popular teams in the first 2 rounds, get top 5k or better finishes, then just switch to the winning team for the last round if you blew all your flags getting top ranks in the first two.

Actually, I just noticed that flags seem to reset between rounds this time. If that is the case, it is indeed a matter of who is playing a ton this time around rather than the strategic flag use of the previous tourney (where it would have been hard to rank top 5k every round, even if you picked underdogs). That would also make it easy to rank high as you say.

That doesn't seem so bad for spending only 200 flags.

2500 (or 2100) feathers is still much better than 1500, so I have trouble understanding that last sentence. Had I saved some flags, I would have guaranteed myself 5000 over the first two rounds while still having a very high cumulative.

I'll still do fine next round by picking the losing team, but I won't be doing as well as I should. Round 3 could be ugly, but I'll still get high cumulative rank and a victory bonus.

commish

Actually, I just noticed that flags seem to reset between rounds this time. If that is the case, it is indeed a matter of who is playing a ton this time around rather than the strategic flag use of the previous tourney (where it would have been hard to rank top 5k every round, even if you picked underdogs). That would also make it easy to rank high as you say.

Is this posted anywhere? I've been saving but haven't seen anything about flags expiring per round.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And in true gacha fashion it'd be something like 100 normal badges or 10 greater badges = 1 SP. Gotta get us lemmings grinding and spending on stamina refills!

Hey now, Nintendo isn't that rude.

Its will be 1 Badge = 1SP, and you need greater badges to give 5star heroes SP.

Scum

I'm rubbish in Arena. Never been much of a fan of PvP but it disgusts me more that I never seem to have the bonus characters available. 😟

Danj

You need ~572 points per win to just break 4k over 7 wins; that's around a combined stat pool of around 544 or like ... ~136 BST per unit. And that's being a little conservative since you tend to get matched around or above your total BST. Edit: Actually, forgot the penalty is simpler than that, it's just a percentage cut off the win; each death is -10% of the points for winning.

To put this in perspective, three people from my mage team gets me to 544 total stats, meaning any level 1 unit is enough to break 4k (with at most two deaths, though two would be pushing it).

For what it's worth, "tier" literally just means how many weeks of Arena they've done. It has no relevance on difficulty.

Try having a low level dancer instead of Lucius. It'll usually lower the average level of your opponent when you do advanced then. (aka if you have 3 lvl 40s and a lvl 20 Olivia or something, you'll usually battle 4 lvl 35s, or someone who has a setup like you with one low level character).

Also tiers don't matter at all. It just means they've played arena 9 weeks and you've played it 6 lol.

Oh. I did not know that. And I'll try the dancer thing, I have an Olivia somewhere I think.

Don't use all your flags. Just get to the 2500 reward and save the rest.

As someone that's also on team Palla, I can tell you that you're not getting into the top tier if you save flags. I had used all but 200 of my flags and I STILL was about to get dropped into the lower tier if I didn't use more.

As someone that's also on team Palla, I can tell you that you're not getting into the top tier if you save flags. I had used all but 200 of my flags and I STILL was about to get dropped into the lower tier if I didn't use more.

I'm on Palla's team, too.

Well, I guess I don't have to worry that much. I thought I overused them because I'm at Rank 58. I probably could have only saved about 100 if it's that competitive.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So it turns out my 4* Palla is -atk. That explains why he couldn't hurt anything worth crap.

kswiston

Is this posted anywhere? I've been saving but haven't seen anything about flags expiring per round.

Sorry, I mean that the quests reset. A number of the quests, including the ones that require you to have specific colours in tournament victories when you can only actively control one unit choice, are going favor people who play a bunch over more casual players.

All of the quests were easily doable in 5-6 days during the last tourney. I don't think they are as doable over 39 hours or whatever. As such, people who can grind everything out in every round are going to have much bigger edge.

I'm on Palla's team, too.

Well, I guess I don't have to worry that much. I thought I overused them because I'm at Rank 58. I probably could have only saved about 100 if it's that competitive.

Yeah, I was also planning on keeping some but there's just an unexpected amount of people on team Palla. For reference I've been playing constantly, and with 200 flags left I was in the 970s. That wasn't gonna last all day.

Mathematics

Neo Member
All of the quests were easily doable in 5-6 days during the last tourney. I don't think they are as doable over 39 hours or whatever. As such, people who can grind everything out in every round are going to have much bigger edge.

The quests are very doable in the almost two days. The arena ones might be the hard ones depending on your progress in arena

Vena

I'm curious if giving Blucina Fury3 and keeping Blue Egg+, isn't a bit more robust than Swift Sparrow 2. It also raises her BST for current arena rules.

kswiston

The quests are very doable in the almost two days. The arena ones might be the hard ones depending on your progress in arena

Doable under the assumption that people can play throughout the day. If you have 2 solid hours a day where you can play games, and not really an opportunity outside of that time, the 30 minute refresh on the voting fights kills you. At the very least, you will have to play 7x to unlock all of the flags related to that, since you can only have a max of 3 colors at once. Probably more like 10-15 times since you are unlikely to get perfect distributions of colors.

DooD1234

Looking at the Voting Gauntlet scoreboard on Reddit, I'm surprised Minerva has more points than Cordelia. Minerva is about to reach a billion points while Cordelia is only 800 million. I was pretty sure Cordelia would have more than Minerva. Meanwhile Camilla is about to crack 5 billion covering half of the 10 billion goal IS set by herself lol.

Sushen

Looking at the Voting Gauntlet scoreboard on Reddit, I'm surprised Minerva has more points than Cordelia. Minerva is about to reach a billion points while Cordelia is only 800 million. I was pretty sure Cordelia would have more than Minerva. Meanwhile Camilla is about to crack 5 billion covering half of the 10 billion goal IS set by herself lol.
Haha my Cordelia army stands on chance next round.

commish

I had NO idea Camilla was this popular. I thought my Hinoka had a fair chance.

You are 57k in Camilla's team.

If you were on Subaki's team, you would be top 10k with the same points.

That already makes up more than 500 feathers.

Alternatively, on Team Minerva you'd be way inside the top 30k (that's 1300 vs 900 feathers), and you'd still have two more rounds to reap the rewards of a less crowded team.

So no, the only way Camilla was actually the best feather pick was a) you literally don't have time to play at all or b) you have enough time to guarantee yourself top 1k in the final round (because you can't go higher than that), but even there you'd probably still drop too many feathers from R1+R2 from someone playing just as much and joining Minerva.

Cordelia got hurt by being on the same side of the bracket as Camilla. Minerva was a smarter pick for those looking for a smaller army with the greatest chance for two wins. Picking Cordelia guarantees you only one win, as everyone knows Camilla is winning the whole thing.

Flip Minerva and Cordelia in the bracket and Cordelia would be way more popular.

DooD1234

clYOXM1.jpg

Someone on Reddit made a pie chart on how much Camilla leading lol. I don't know why this is funny to me.

cqGwd73.jpg

Here the first voting gauntlet with Lucina. Poor Alfonse.

Wow people just don't appreciate the awesome design of Alphonse.

As for Camilla she just has the best design of the bunch, followed by Minerva.

Articalys

Gameplay-wise, I made a terrible mistake picking Camilla. Though I'm not sure that I could have gotten a high enough ranking with another team to offset the victory bonus...

Also, this was disgusting.

Roman

Gameplay-wise, I made a terrible mistake picking Camilla. Though I'm not sure that I could have gotten a high enough ranking with another team to offset the victory bonus...

Also, this was disgusting.

I keep saying if you use lv1 units you trivialize the battle portion of the gauntlet. It matches you against lv1-3 opponents but most of the time has no other choice than giving you lv40s from your friends list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom