• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman

Darn my Effie that I can upgrade is -HP +Speed, not one of the best natures I think.

Next to something like -Atk/+Spd it's one of the worst. However, since inherited skills transfer when you merge after the April update, you might as well build up this Effie and later merge her into a better one.

Effie is the only blue unit on the Battling Navarre banner, so you could try going for a straight 5* version.

However, looking at your already available units, you don't need her that much.

Cryxok

This was an odd day
I first went into the spring festival banner looking for a Lucina. No blues, just greens and clears. Summon a green, got a 3* Barts, then leave. Enter again and no blues! just greens and clears. Summon another green, get a 3* Beruka, then leave.
I decide to try my luck with the Battling Navarre banner for a Kagero and now I have 3 blues and no clears wtf. I open a blue hoping for an Effie and got a 5* Catria instead.
Now, what should I do with Catria? I've heard she is not a bad unit, and it's my only 5* lance-wielder until I get enough feather for Sharena.
Btw, the special log-in bonus we got today (10 orbs, 5K feathers, crystals, etc) is the one reward for crossing the goal in the gauntlet? wasn't it supposed to be 20 orbs?

spiritfox

This was an odd day
I first went into the spring festival banner looking for a Lucina. No blues, just greens and clears. Summon a green, got a 3* Barts, then leave. Enter again and no blues! just greens and clears. Summon another green, get a 3* Beruka, then leave.
I decide to try my luck with the Battling Navarre banner for a Kagero and now I have 3 blues and no clears wtf. I open a blue hoping for an Effie and got a 5* Catria instead.
Now, what should I do with Catria? I've heard she is not a bad unit, and it's my only 5* lance-wielder until I get enough feather for Sharena.
Btw, the special log-in bonus we got today (10 orbs, 5K feathers, crystals, etc) is the one reward for crossing the goal in the gauntlet? wasn't it supposed to be 20 orbs?

No, it's for the Twitter quiz.

Catria's pretty good, though she's overshadowed by the Brave Lance pegasi. She can take hits better though.

Mupod

I feel the itch to promote someone, now that these bonus feathers pushed me over 40k.

http://imgur.com/4v1srEs
http://imgur.com/Bhh7QRn
notable 3*s I was maybe considering: cherche, setsuna, lissa (to pass renewal on to lucina, since I can't get a fae for the life of me)

Any suggestions? My inclination is TA MRobin, Nowi, or Reinhardt, but none of them have good IVs.

Nowi or Reinhardt are the standouts yeah, but if neither has good stats then I wouldn't blow 20k feathers. A +atk Reinhardt would be a lot of fun.

I personally use a lot of feathers promoting 3* to 4* for inheritance. So if you're not finished doing that, and your feathers are burning a hole in your pocket, that's one way.

Cryxok

No, it's for the Twitter quiz.

Catria's pretty good, though she's overshadowed by the Brave Lance pegasi. She can take hits better though.

I see, thanks.
I see Catria is kind of bulky-ish because of her skills; Mine is -HP +Def. I was considering giving her the Iote's Shield and Threaten Atk to compensate for the loss of Armored Blow.

Danj

Anyone got any tips for doing the Navarre map on Lunatic? The Hard one turned out to be quite easy once I got the positioning right but the same strategy doesn't work for Lunatic.

Amy help on which 4 star I should promote?

32ALXAj.jpg

I actually summoned 10 characters after this and got repeats with only 2 4 star doubles of characters I already own.

Jims

I feel the game is trying to suggest something to me with this pull.

Happy to finally get one of the Spring characters, wanted at least one of them. The Camilla is +HP/-SPD, doesn't seem ideal, but oh well.

Mupod

The Michalis map required me to carefully plan out my strategy and level an entire team dedicated to beating him...on the Navarre map I basically just punted Hector into the middle and pressed End Turn.

OVDRobo

I actually summoned 10 characters after this and got repeats with only 2 4 star doubles of characters I already own.

I'd say either Chrom for a red swordsman (He's no Lucina, but he's a great tank and with the right skills can hold his own (plus Falchion for dragons)) or Cordelia if you're looking to replace Catria with someone with more offensive potential. Robin (Male) is one of the best mages in the game with his natural bulkiness and counter to colourless units if you're having trouble with archers or ninjas.

Also: Rare footage of a 4* or above Lon'qu that hasn't been immediately sacrificed to give Vantage 3 to another unit. Your character screen is like a nature preserve.

Mupod

You could promote big Tiki and give her lightning breath+ to little Tiki.

Cordelia could be really good if she's the right IVs (+atk). Or you could fill out a flier team with Palla. She's not super amazing but she beats the hell outta Caeda and there's no other red fliers.

I knew this was a possibility in advance, but some part of me really wanted a better Effie or Kagero and also figured a red tome of some sort would be really useful. But I pulled against the Navarre banner last night and got a 5*!

Too bad it's SOPHIA. The worst is that she is literally my only red tome so I'm obliged to level her for all the "complete this mission with a red tome" quests.

(I'm half joking, I'm F2P so any 5* is good, but yeah, I kinda feel like I should've saved my orbs)

Firemind

I knew this was a possibility in advance, but some part of me really wanted a better Effie or Kagero and also figured a red tome of some sort would be really useful. But I pulled against the Navarre banner last night and got a 5*!

Too bad it's SOPHIA.
she doesn't even have something useful to pass.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Ran into an Effie and didn't check her weapon. Then she oneshotted Ephriam when he has Lancebreaker, and I realized she was rocking Brave Lance+. Oops.

I was thinking about how to replace MRobin since he doesn't quite cut it against some matchups, and tried fielding Nowi again.

It turns out Nowi with Quick Riposte and Reciprocal Aid is amazing because she can leech other people to keep bringing herself back into Quick Riposte range.

I did a gauntlet battle where I had Nowi + Marth + Roy vs a team of three blue units. I just used Marth and Roy as HP batteries while Nowi counterattacked everyone to death. It was great.

Palla might be an option because she has Goad Fliers, but she herself isn't a particularly great character. You might as well just give Goad Fliers to one of your existing characters. Cordelia is okay too.

You might want to just hold on to the feathers and wait for another character, or spend your feathers upgrading other units to 4* to give more skills to your existing team.

I feel the itch to promote someone, now that these bonus feathers pushed me over 40k.

http://imgur.com/4v1srEs
http://imgur.com/Bhh7QRn
notable 3*s I was maybe considering: cherche, setsuna, lissa (to pass renewal on to lucina, since I can't get a fae for the life of me)

Any suggestions? My inclination is TA MRobin, Nowi, or Reinhardt, but none of them have good IVs.
I don't think Renewal is that great on Lucina because she gets ORKOed by a lot of things anyway. If you can stall for health, then Falchion will already let you do that. Adding Renewal only makes the stalling time shorter, which in most cases doesn't make too much of a difference.

Do the characters you have in mind have outright bad IVs, or are they just not optimal? Because those three are strong characters as long as their IV don't specifically screw them over. Nowi is probably the strongest of the three.

StAidan

Anyone got any tips for doing the Navarre map on Lunatic? The Hard one turned out to be quite easy once I got the positioning right but the same strategy doesn't work for Lunatic.

It took me many tries, but I ultimately managed to do it with a variation of the strategy shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQ5L-I0OG4

I think most people have success by using a tanky red unit to draw out two of the ranged units to the bottom right corner. If you can manage to take care of them with no more than two units, the other two can wait for Navarre and the stronger ninja to come down on the left. (The knight isn't hard to dispatch once that's done.)

I didn't have a red tank, so I sort of made a Donnel (like the video above) by giving Donnel's Brave Lance and Drag Back to my Ephraim.

Yeah I wouldn't pull red on that banner. Both focus units are mediocre at best.

For sure, I have only myself to blame. I think I just got antsy because a red mage is one of the few gaping holes in my army, and none of the focuses lately have been any good for that. Still a perverse move on my part knowing that Sophia was a big possibility.

Should've pulled the wyvern banner for Minerva instead but I'm drowning in green axes right now :(

MANUELF

Banned
Just has my first flawless run on Arena with Horse emblem but my score barely passed 4300 points, having two 4* has its cost

Akuun

Is there any resource to see which skill is best to inherit to certain characters?
also, how's a -spd,+res Effie?
Probably not bad. -Spd is a good IV for Effie because she has no use for speed anyway, and Res is one of her weaknesses.

A lot of skill inheritance is centered around the same skills.

In the A slot, the most popular options are Fury and Triangle Adept. Triangle Adept makes units more specialized and is particularly great for people with Raven tomes or for people who are looking to tank. Good for blue dragons too, because it helps them defend against Falchions. Fury raises BST score and is great all-around, but lowers the durability of a character so it's best used on glass cannon/heavily offensive characters that will rarely take hits. Other more situational boosts are the stat-on-attack skills like Death Blow, Darting Blow, etc. Death Blow works well with Brave weapons, for example.

The B slot is more varied. Desperation is good for high-speed offensive characters. Vantage is good for high attack but somewhat tanky characters who can eat a hit, because past a certain HP they get a free first attack on anyone who attacks them. It's particularly good for units that can counterattack hard at all ranges, like Ryoma.

Another popular choice for B is Quick Riposte, which guarantees a double attack on counter as long as a character is above a certain amount of health. Great for tanky, slower characters with high attack, like Nowi and Ephriam.

A stronger but more specialized version of Quick Riposte lies in breaker skills like Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker, etc. Breaker skills prevent doubles against a certain weapon type while guaranteeing that your unit doubles against that weapon type. Great for boosting a unit's matchup against the same color or patching up a weakness to Falchions. Green Tomebreaker is great on Julia, for example, and Swordbreaker lets a blue dragon kill Falchion users. A red sword with Swordbreaker lets that unit win against almost any other red sword, even if the other red sword is normally stronger.

Wings of Mercy is good when paired with tanky units, because those units can unexpectedly fly straight into people's faces once someone reaches low health. This is often seen on dancers.

C skills and assist skills are up to your team and how you play your characters.

Mupod

well I got a 7 streak but it was messy...started off easy, breezed through my first 5 matches thanks to generous amounts of Ephraim and armor units. Right at the end I OF COURSE had to go against a +5 Nino with Fury, and an entire team of merged bullshit. The stat total there should have been far, far above what I am running even taking Hector and Fury into account. There was nothing I could do about their Eldigan with an Azura dance taking out one character in a suicide charge due to the map I was on, so it started off bad. I had the clever idea to bait Nino out with Selena because she has Triangle Adept...turns out the stat difference was so overwhelming she only lived with 2 hp.

Managed to barely win with a reposition bringing Lucina up next to Nino, allowing Linde to take out Azura. Really like that skill now, but there isn't a hell of a lot that a 4* can do against teams of merged 5*.

Still only managed 4317 due to lost units in the last two matches...I guess I can try dropping Lucina for Olivia, I shouldn't need to worry about Hectors as that's pretty much the only character Selena DOESN'T have trouble against. But the matchmaking update can't come soon enough.

Sushen

Too bad it's SOPHIA. The worst is that she is literally my only red tome so I'm obliged to level her for all the "complete this mission with a red tome" quests.

(I'm half joking, I'm F2P so any 5* is good, but yeah, I kinda feel like I should've saved my orbs)
I have learned where if I don't want focus unit, don't pull or pull the color from my experience. I don't have the luck to pull what I want but the luck to pull what I don't want.

Vena

Really starting to hate when I see Nino/Julia with defense/offense buff bots attached. I may truly have to drop Jaffar for Kagero because this is getting a bit silly.

Akuun

Really starting to hate when I see Nino/Julia with defense/offense buff bots attached. I may truly have to drop Jaffar for Kagero because this is getting a bit silly.
Green mages scare me. It's a good argument for bringing a good, tanky red unit like Roy.

Making Lucina tank a green mage always feels dicey because of her low res.

Akuun

I don't have Roy. ;_;
Yeah :(

What about another tanky red unit? Alternately, if you have a green caster, putting Green Tomebreaker on that caster works too.

Or you could make a red unit tankier against greens by putting a gem weapon or Triangle Adept on it.

Eirika and Roy are probably the best Res Red units. Ryoma is also really good and will counter green mages, but he is far less common than Eirika and Roy who can be found at 4*.

Finally pulled Spring Camilla, and I didn't totally blow all my orbs in the process. Thanks, Twitter quiz! In other news, I now have 4 4* Cecilias...yeah. Anything I should consider when putting Escape Route 3 on units?

explodet

I'm taking it easy on the arena this season, using it to level up some dudes and going straight intermediate for the gauntlet flag quests.

I also changed my leader to Kagero to hopefully help some peeps with the colorless quest.

Soooo many red sword leaders.

Mupod

I'm taking it easy on the arena this season, using it to level up some dudes and going straight intermediate for the gauntlet flag quests.

I also changed my leader to Kagero to hopefully help some peeps with the colorless quest.

Soooo many red sword leaders.

I'm doing those quests solely by autobattling with level 1s. Also, I pruned most of the Lucinas out of my friends list last time so I actually don't get a lot of those.

Obviously if I was seriously trying for score I'd lead off with Camilla but as mine are 4* and 40, that requires paying attention.

parasight

So after dumping 160+ orbs into the spring banner I finally pulled my first 5* green, Sheena (-HP/+ATK). Meh. Maybe she'll be useful when the survival map comes.

Akuun

Maybe I'll try to make my -atk Ryoma work anyway. It looks like he still ORKOs most people with the help of Quick Riposte.

Can't rely on pulling anything anymore because of the orb drought.

Sushen

I wonder how people go 7 winsteak without losing any units. Even in a good run, I lose a unit every other match due to high traffic nature of the maps. Many times units are cramped into small space where you have to take out enemy unit knowing there is an enemy unit right in the range that counters my unit.

Unless you one shot everyone every time, I don't see how I can do this.

Firemind

I wonder how people go 7 winsteak without losing any units. Even in a good run, I lose a unit every other match due to high traffic nature of the maps. Many times units are cramped into small space where you have to take out enemy unit knowing there is an enemy unit right in the range that counters my unit.

Hit and run.

Scum

'Drag Back'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom