• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

It can't be coincidence where if I pick Azura I got another Azura in the party. And if I pick Lucina and I have another Lucina. What the heck? This happened several times today.

Articalys

I keep saying if you use lv1 units you trivialize the battle portion of the gauntlet. It matches you against lv1-3 opponents but most of the time has no other choice than giving you lv40s from your friends list.
I'm afraid I don't follow what you're saying.

Roman

I'm afraid I don't follow what you're saying.

If anyone has trouble winning battles in the voting gauntlet due to being randomly assigned terrible matchups, they can just pick a lv1 unit as the leader. The matchmaking will assign opponents in the same level range but if you don't have friends with leaders around the same level, all it can do is give you lv40s.

In practice you will then have your own lv1 leader, a random lv1 leader from the same army, and a lv40 leader from someone in your friends list from the same army squaring off against lv1-3 opponents.

Shinypogs

Me neither. Then again, Hinoka's a total non-factor storyline-wise in Fates compared to Camilla, so there's that. I refuse to believe it's all boobs lol.

Hinoka def does not have the same story impact.
Honestly if the families didn't need to be even she could have gotten more spotlight by removing sakura who never really adds anything to the story by existing.

I've also never found Hinoka to be a great unit though I hear if you make her a spear fighter she can be good.

All that said I'm probably in the minority of voting for camilla for reasons not related to her design. She was made to be appealing to a specific group and they seem to have embraced her.

I hope at least one future gauntlet isn't a complete steamrolle. It'd be nice to have several series of tight fights. It brings out community creativity as people make propaganda and cute fanfare before and after.

Articalys

If anyone has trouble winning battles in the voting gauntlet due to being randomly assigned terrible matchups, they can just pick a lv1 unit as the leader. The matchmaking will assign opponents in the same level range but if you don't have friends with leaders around the same level, all it can do is give you lv40s.

In practice you will then have your own lv1 leader, a random lv1 leader from the same army, and a lv40 leader from someone in your friends list from the same army squaring off against lv1-3 opponents.
That seems almost... embarrassingly broken.

So I've really screwed up and cheated myself out of a few thousand feathers, huh.

Ndayday

Neo Member
Set a timer to go off in 30 minutes yesterday afternoon. wondered why I never heard anything and have been trying to stick to the 30 minute refresh as much as possible.

30 hours later, it finally went off

Etria

Does anyone know if you'll be banned for running the app via the Nox emulator? I want to play the game without destroying my phone's battery.

spiritfox

Does anyone know if you'll be banned for running the app via the Nox emulator? I want to play the game without destroying my phone's battery.

There are 803-3001 errors but it's easy to circumvent it by restoring from your Nintendo account. You're also locked out from buying orbs while on an emulator but you can buy orbs on a non-rooted phone and still have it on your account elsewhere. Nintendo hasn't fully banned accounts on emulators yet. Yet.

Etria

There are 803-3001 errors but it's easy to circumvent it by restoring from your Nintendo account. You're also locked out from buying orbs while on an emulator but you can buy orbs on a non-rooted phone and still have it on your account elsewhere. Nintendo hasn't fully banned accounts on emulators yet. Yet.

Thanks for the information. I have linked the app to my Nintendo account, and am strictly F2P so don't need to buy orbs. So would I just grab the APK from within the Nox emulator? How do I restore from my Nintendo account if the error occurs?

spiritfox

Thanks for the information. I have linked the app to my Nintendo account, and am strictly F2P so don't need to buy orbs. So would I just grab the APK from within the Nox emulator? How do I restore from my Nintendo account if the error occurs?

Yeah the apk works on Nox. If the 3001 error occurs, you need to reinstall the app (unrooted) or delete the data folder (rooted), then relink the account after you restart the app.

My current team after getting green axe in a drop recently.

H9NKx5Z.jpg

Is blue spear my weak link?

Should I promote my 4 star Male Corrin? Looking at that 2 orb Easter event reward for beating 4-2 with one.

AaronB

That tip about using a 1-star character as leader in gauntlet battles just saved me. I kept getting horrible matchups like 3 reds against a team with a good blue; now I have a use for my lvl 1 (bad IV) Effie.

Anyway, I've gotten some more units as well as a better feel for skill inheritance, and finally feel I can put together a flier emblem team. I have a few tough choices though, and skill inheritance is permanent since I only have 1 of most of the relevant characters. I'm choosing between:

Reds: Palla with +hp -def; Caeda with +spd -res.
Greens: Camilla with +atk -def (5*), another 4* Camilla with +res -hp; Cherche with +atk -hp (a few other Cherche with bad IV), and two Michalis
Blues: Catria with +spd -res, another with +res -hp; Cordelia with +spd -def.

Also have 1 Florina, but I really want her Ardent Sacrifice for my Desperation Nino. Have some Subaki, but none are +atk or +spd. Also have Est, Shanna, Narcian, and Beruka, but none of them seem great.

Unless there's a spectacular suggestion, I plan to base the team on my two good +atk greens - Camilla and Cherche. They should handle everything except reds (and maybe Hector), so I want at least one blue. I'm actually thinking of making the other two units my +spd Catria and Cordelia. That would mean I should probably inherit the fliers' support skills from Palla and Caeda - perhaps moonbow and goad fliers onto Cherche, and fortify fliers onto Catria?

Also planning to put Pull Back on Camilla to take her out of range of some counterattacks, Brave Axe on Cherche, and Reposition seems highly recommended for flier emblem. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

champloo

That tip about using a 1-star character as leader in gauntlet battles just saved me. I kept getting horrible matchups like 3 reds against a team with a good blue; now I have a use for my lvl 1 (bad IV) Effie.

Anyway, I've gotten some more units as well as a better feel for skill inheritance, and finally feel I can put together a flier emblem team. I have a few tough choices though, and skill inheritance is permanent since I only have 1 of most of the relevant characters. I'm choosing between:

Greens: Camilla with +atk -def (5*), another 4* Camilla with +res -hp; Cherche with +atk -hp (a few other Cherche with bad IV), and two Michalis

Also have 1 Florina, but I really want her Ardent Sacrifice for my Desperation Nino. Have some Subaki, but none are +atk or +spd. Also have Est, Shanna, Narcian, and Beruka, but none of them seem great.

Unless there's a spectacular suggestion, I plan to base the team on my two good +atk greens - Camilla and Cherche. They should handle everything except reds (and maybe Hector), so I want at least one blue. I'm actually thinking of making the other two units my +spd Catria and Cordelia. That would mean I should probably inherit the fliers' support skills from Palla and Caeda - perhaps moonbow and goad fliers onto Cherche, and fortify fliers onto Catria?

Also planning to put Pull Back on Camilla to take her out of range of some counterattacks, Brave Axe on Cherche, and Reposition seems highly recommended for flier emblem. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Flier Emblem is kinda not worth it when you don't have Hinoka nor Spring Camilla..

But anyway.. you've got a godlike Cherche and she should be excellent in any team comp. For blue I would suggest Subaki as he would be your best tank and he shuts down any red. You have a good Cordy though.

Caeda is not a very good unit but +spd is her best nature, could work with a brave sword/L&D/desperation build.. very expensive though

Articalys

How do I stop myself from wasting hundreds of stamina per week getting into training tower fights where the target unit I'm trying to level up gets killed? Do I really need to use the starting tier to shuffle the matchups until I get one that puts me at a ridiculous advantage (either 3 units or all units weak to the one I'm training)?

How do I stop myself from wasting hundreds of stamina per week getting into training tower fights where the target unit I'm trying to level up gets killed? Do I really need to use the starting tier to shuffle the matchups until I get one that puts me at a ridiculous advantage (either 3 units or all units weak to the one I'm training)?

I bring 2 healers and a dancer or 1 healer, 1 dancer and one very strong unit who can take over if shit goes bad. Still, I lose stamina on terrible matchups more than I'd like to, even using 1 stamina to refresh the matchups.

spiritfox

Have a dancer on hand to move the unit into a safer spot after attacking, a healer to keep them healthy and wear down tougher units, and a high level unit that counters the color the trainee is weak to.

Try to avoid maps with more than 4 units, those normally suck.

champloo

Choose a stratum that's lower in level than your trainee. It's slow but safe, and more efficient sp wise.

also you could use a Light's Blessing when you get frustrated. They handed out plenty of those.

Articalys

I bring 2 healers and a dancer or 1 healer, 1 dancer and one very strong unit who can take over if shit goes bad. Still, I lose stamina on terrible matchups more than I'd like to, even using 1 stamina to refresh the matchups.

Have a dancer on hand to move the unit into a safer spot after attacking, a healer to keep them healthy and wear down tougher units, and a high level unit that counters the color the trainee is weak to.

Try to avoid maps with more than 4 units, those normally suck.

Choose a stratum that's lower in level than your trainee. It's slow but safe, and more efficient sp wise.

also you could use a Light's Blessing when you get frustrated. They handed out plenty of those.
Yeah, I usually try to keep one healer involved, and I guess I should probably stop overstretching myself on the 5 unit maps. The only dancer I have is the free Olivia though; I did upgrade her to 3*, but she can still get threatened on the higher tiers.
I try not punch above my weight too much, maybe 2 or 3 levels at the most, but if I need to stick to equal level or <5 below, then that's that. Though still, trying to get those last couple of levels in the high 30s will need like 20+ kills each...

macklelol

You don't need Spring Camilla or Hinoka/Hone Fliers for Flier Emblem. I don't know why people think you do.

Thanks

I'd go with Cherche/Cordelia/(Camilla or Palla), with the last slot reserved for a bonus unit or whatever flier you like.

Cherche is really strong. She'll destroy mostly everything.

Cordelia will handle any red easily with Triangle Adept. Subaki is also a decent choice for an anti-red unit, though he is lacking in power.

It's up to you whether or not you want to use a red unit. Palla works fine in Flier Emblem, and requires a low amount of investment. I think Camilla isn't that good, but if you want to use her, go for it. It'll make doing stuff like playing around Nino harder, though.

Reposition is very good on flying units, please use it on them. If you're planning to use your Palla as inheritance fodder, do not give it to Cherche (or Cordelia). They need that boost from Goad far more than Camilla or whatever flier you decide to use. If you have multiple Goads, then it's less of a big deal, but it seems that's not the case. And Cherche should use a 3 turn special like Bonfire or Draconic Aura.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

1 Dancer, 1 Healer, and 1 Takumi is what I bring. Takumi just kills off anything that is favorable against the unit I'm training.

Pulled a second Bunny Lucina from the Easter Banner. IVs are...

+HP/-RES.

I am happy now. I can use the -SPD copy as Swift Sparrow fodder, because merging is probably pointless. Would have been nice to have a Spring Camilla, too, but it's time to move on.

I find it funny that I got 3* Subaki, Beruka, and Palla along with her.

Ninferno

Logged in and received the expected 10 orbs.
Thought "wow, that's a lot of free shit right there".
Proceeded to the Wyvern banner, double checked the 4.00% probabilities.
Took a deep breath and clicked summon.
Was greeted with 4 greens and one colorless, felt really lucky.
Opened all the 4 greens and guess what, two Berukas, one Frederick, and one Barst. All 3*.

Turned out free shit doesn't do jack shit if you've got shitty luck...

I swear these arena maps are working against me. Used 3 dueling swords and I still can't get a 7 win streak. The map with the green plains and mountains on the north west and south East is the one that screws me over the most

I hate you.

Dang, didn't think I was capable of making anyone feel salty. I sunk over 100 Orbs for each of the Bunny Lucina's that I summoned, so this was a very costly banner. Other people are way luckier than I am.

Also, every single 5* I've been getting since the first two banners have been focus Heroes. That's good for Arena, but there are still so many of the old units that I want. Linde and Jakob are the only non-focus Heroes I've summoned. I've summoned 9 total (the number includes both Spring Lucina, so 8 are unique). My rates have not been stellar at all.

I'm getting pretty high on Feathers from these promotions. I'm at 48229, so I'm getting ready to bump up quite a few 4* Heroes.

Ninferno

Finally got 20.000 feathers again, now I have no clue who to rank up to 5*. Here are my 5* and 4* characters, anyone got any recommendations?

You have a really nice box with lots of great units there,
much better than mine actually and I'm envious,
and you are well-rounded and don't have much weakness already. Without knowing their IVs, I can only say Effie, Cherche, Tharija and Nino are some of the top units out there. You can see which has the best IV or suits you taste/play-style the best.

ggx2ac

Too many Flier Emblem with Spring Camilla.

Yes, I am talking about buffing Spring Camilla with Hone and Fortify Fliers and is level 50.

Now I can see why that level 50 Roy had distant counter.

Roman

Finally got 20.000 feathers again, now I have no clue who to rank up to 5*. Here are my 5* and 4* characters, anyone got any recommendations?

Effie, then Nino, then Cherche.

However you already have Julia and neither of the Sacred Stones twins so Nino is not high priority for you.

Effie serves a very different role than Nowi so it's worth going for that, assuming her nature isn't awful.

Spoit

I feel the itch to promote someone, now that these bonus feathers pushed me over 40k.

http://imgur.com/4v1srEs
http://imgur.com/Bhh7QRn
notable 3*s I was maybe considering: cherche, setsuna, lissa (to pass renewal on to lucina, since I can't get a fae for the life of me)

Any suggestions? My inclination is TA MRobin, Nowi, or Reinhardt, but none of them have good IVs.

Roman

I feel the itch to promote someone, now that these bonus feathers pushed me over 40k.

http://imgur.com/4v1srEs
http://imgur.com/Bhh7QRn
notable 3*s I was maybe considering: cherche, setsuna, lissa (to pass renewal on to lucina, since I can't get a fae for the life of me)

Any suggestions? My inclination is TA MRobin, Nowi, or Reinhardt, but none of them have good IVs.

To me it's Nowi, no question. Give her Roy's Triangle Adept 3 and (at least) Subaki's Quick Reposte 2 and watch almost all non-green opponents break against her.

Reinhardt would also be a good pick but not for arena scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom