• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

Because the last several times I tried that I got literal garbage, whereas pulling on all 5 orbs regardless of what I'm looking for has 90% of the time netted me 5*s, personally.
The same here. In that regard, I like the next banner covers 3 out of 4 colors.

Scum

Hahahaha.

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

-atk is unfortunate but as long as she's not -spd she's still very good.

I'm gearing up to give mine Odin's tome, which is honestly probably overkill for a unit that already murders everything. But it would offset -atk and then some. Only problem is it's a TON of SP, but mine's already almost back up to 1000 SP saved. Either way, I'll be promoting Olivia and/or Sharena first so it's a ways off.

I already run Fury and Desperation, with Moonbow. I keep Fortify Res on her to help with Hector and Lucina's bad resistance. I leave Ardent Sacrifice on to help her get into Desperation range and top off Hector here and there.

So I've been trying to find a good build for my +Attack/-def Linde, and after playing with the mass duel sim, I found that as long as you attach an Erika buff battery (+3 Attack, + 4 speed) to Linde, with the Barblade + and the Attack + 1 S Skill, she'll do the same amount of work with Speed+3 as she would with Fury 3. At the same time, at that point Desperation only secures her 1 more kill (Fae). Looking at that, I figured it isn't really worth grabbing on her, since you will want Barblade + on her, and will want Erika as her battery if possible.If you don't give her Barblade+, Aura falls short without Fury 3 though (and even then, is still back 4 kills).

For other possible skills, Life and Death 3 = Swift Sparrow for the best A skill, and your B skill literally doesn't matter, since Linde either kills or is killed by this point. With 2 attacks, the only units she can't kill from full health are F Robin and Hector, thanks to B Tomebreaker and Hector 1-shotting her with distant Counter. Her build also holds up well when everyone has Fury 3, which is nice.

Just felt like sharing what I found. It only applies to +Attack/~Speed Linde, since my checks with neutral Attack and -Speed didn't work out as well (you want Fury for that attack + speed). My findings for Lucina are somewhat similar, since she gains the most with +Speed when she is +attack, so 53 attack may be some kind of "soft cap" on the stat.

-def isn't good for a tank unit like Nowi. But she doesn't really like banes in any stat. I have a -atk/+res nowi and i don't want to promote her either because -atk is also bad. I think neutral or -hp are probably her best natures.

So up to you if you want to spend resources on a less than ideal nature Nowi.

I been using +DEF/-HP, and it's not bad. But I think +SPD is super important for Nowi. Kagero and Marth are especially problematic, because they ORKO Neutral Nowi.

I use Quick Riposte 2 to take out Takumi and several other units, and +SPD will greatly reduce total damage since fewer of them will double.

If a summon a + SPD Nowi with HP or RES bane, I'd definitely switch to that one and merge my current one into her. The Dragon killing tools make me question running Nowi sometimes.

Ilvocare

so I realized that the bunny banner was gonna expire after today and I was still shy of either of the green buns

it'd be cool to have spring camilla but I'd still be satisfied to draw green chromarth too

with 122 orbs, I prepped myself to drain my account dry

so on every first focus, I don't really color snipe, I figure that's the best time to just draw all the orbs there to boost your odds asap

and uh

on the second green in the first fucking set

here's the whole focus upon reflection

I also neglected to mention that I drew a colorless first for shits and giggles

and

well

now my one takumi has another

one takumi, looking for his brother

named takumi

EDIT: this was at base 3% odds, for clarification

where is this luck for duel links and union X, smh

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Donnel's not bad. Reciprocal Aid is a great skill, and I think Drag Back is good for Flyer Emblem teams.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Going to do one more Yolo pull on greens to try and get Chrom.

And... No green orbs. For fuck sake. Got another 3* Female Corren. Welp, goodbye Spring I guess.

Quixzlizx

I have 19 orbs. Should I spend them on the spring banner?

I got lucky and summoned Spring Camilla yesterday (after my first summon had zero green and blue orbs), and I want to try for Spring Lucina too.

Are the new units going to be any good?

Edit: Also, now I have Cordelia, Minerva, and Spring Camilla for a flier team. Too bad I'll never get Hinoka.

Ninferno

Eagerly waiting for the next season arena bonus char reveal to see if I should dump 20k feathers for Sharena now. If past experience is any indication it should be revealed around this time.

I have 19 orbs. Should I spend them on the spring banner?

I got lucky and summoned Spring Camilla yesterday (after my first summon had zero green and blue orbs), and I want to try for Spring Lucina too.

Are the new units going to be any good?

Edit: Also, now I have Cordelia, Minerva, and Spring Camilla for a flier team. Too bad I'll never get Hinoka.

You can do Caeda for fortify fliers and a couple hones/rallies. Not nearly as efficient as having Hinoka though

Mupod

Eagerly waiting for the next season arena bonus char reveal to see if I should dump 20k feathers for Sharena now. If past experience is any indication it should be revealed around this time.

Yeah I'm ready to pull the trigger myself. Only thing that'll stop me is if Olivia is on the list or if I pull one of the focus units on the banner tomorrow. I'm not going crazy I'll just throw the 40 I have at it, and save for the next one.

Already thinking about SI for her. She's got a decent kit but I'd give her an alternate rally buff (probably resistance), drag back and some kind of special. The nice thing is mine is level 40 4* with about 700 SP ready to go so I'd have options.

So I decided to pull on the spring banner for the lols (and cause I figure I'm not pulling on the next few banners anyway), my first attempt had 4 blues and they were all shit and I thought it was mistake to try with this banner, but I thought might as well keep going until I pull a 5*...

As you can see, it was clearly worth it.

The best part is even the natures are good, +atk/-res and +spd/-res.

(Cherche is -atk and I totally shouldn't have pulled on red and colorless but I can't even be annoyed at that)

Kenai

~100 orbs later and i finally got a single Spring unit, but it was Camilla (best nature too, +Spd, -Res) so I am pretty happy I got what i wanted despite the orbs lost.

Ironically, in my many green/blue snipes I also pulled a +Spd - Def Nino so i might not actually be using her that much in my main squad. I got a ton of crappy natured Ninos (like 7) ready to feed Sp to my good one so she will be quite monstrous quite fast when i actually get some spare time to train her, especially since my remaining team includes Erika and Ninian (and Queen Effie).

The question is if I want to invest a hoard of feathers in making those crappy Ninos *5 for combining. I'm sitting on ~33k right now from now using them and getting good arena scores, but my good Nino is still a 4* so it will be a long, long grind.

Garou

Question regarding Hero-merging and leveling up Stars:
If I have 3 copies of the same hero at 4 stars and merge them to one hero with +2 Level, does he keep the +2 when I spend feathers for the star-upgrade to 5 stars? Does the feather-cost change?

Vena

Question regarding Hero-merging and leveling up Stars:
If I have 3 copies of the same hero at 4 stars and merge them to one hero with +2 Level, does he keep the +2 when I spend feathers for the star-upgrade to 5 stars? Does the feather-cost change?

No. Yes.

They will lose their +X, but the cost to promote drops by however many feathers you would have earned had you just sent them home.

How the heck do you still have so many 5 stars? I've only got 9 that I didn't have to promote

Insane luck (barring how many orbs I wasted trying to get Ninian for my Dragon team), high arena rankings. A little money too, but not that much imo. I spent $20 once I realized I liked it and $15 for the Spring Banner.

Ninferno

While I was bored waiting for Sharena's confirmation, I thought it might be fun to make a tier list for arena maps just for shits and giggles. Of course, it is not about map design (with such small map sizes, there's little to no "map design" to speak of) but generally how easy or difficult they are to me personally. Hence, it is very much affected by team comps.

Mandatory deathless, if you can't do it you might as well just quit playing tier:
Desert

I may need to take a closer look tier:
Rubble field
Trees
Sewer(?)

Alright, let's get out the pencil and paper and get down to some calculation tier:
Mountain
Lava (apparently some people hate this map with a passion but in my personal experience it wasn't too bad)

You are fucked, get ready to surrender tier:
Twin walls (this is in my experience the most fucked up map but that could be due to my team's all melee nature. I have replaced Effie with Nino after the matchmaking change but have not been pitched on this map ever since. We will see how it goes.)
Twin bridges (the most dreaded map by many. It might have become a bit more manageable with the introduction of pre-battle re-positioning though.)

Did I miss any map? Do you want IntSys to add more variety to the map pool? Join the fun and share your list:)

Xetherion

Man, did some last minute summons trying to get Bunnilla with my few remaining orbs for some hilarious results.

5 orbs - no greens. Pull a blue - Bunnicina! And she's +atk/-def, a good nature to replace the -atk one i got before.

Back out due to lack of greens, spend last 5 orbs - 1 green - Another 5*, my 2nd Chrobbit! And he's +atk/-res, another good nature to replace the -spd one i had before.

This is my first time pulling two 5* in a row. The fact that they both had good natures too is amazing.

This sudden good luck is tempting me to drop some cash and keep trying for Bunnilla...

champloo

I believe there are two sets of Arena maps that rotate every week. I remember seeing the twin walls map last week, so.. it's probably not in this season's pool?

imo units that can safely bait and counterattack key ranged threats are crucial on the tougher maps. though with pre-battle shuffling, it certainly becomes more manageable without one. But still, a good Raven Tome + TA3 user should be able to trivialize a lot of situations.

Spoit

Is the one with the island in the middle, where you start out in the top left corner, the bridge map that people are talking about? Or the one that's kinda similar, except with a breakable wall on the top

Alucrid

Banned
last banner i pulled a bunny camilla on my first roll, then spent 100 orbs on shit. i ain't making that same mistake again

Qtq11j6l.jpg

i'm out

Dee Dee

I can't get the quest for beating the new side quest part 2 with a red tome user to trigger. I'm using Lilina. I tried twice and weirdly enough I even got the dialogue for beating it to trigger again as well.
Anyone else having the issue?

After my last horrible experiences with pulling I'm back to hoarding for Ike.
They have to release him eventually.

Alucrid

Banned
I can't get the quest for beating the new side quest part 2 with a red tome user to trigger. I'm using Lilina. I tried twice and weirdly enough I even got the dialogue for beating it to trigger again as well.

it might be a typo. i got it using lucina, nino, kagero and sharena. so maybe it's green tome or red sword user?

Ninferno

I tried and it turned out it was actually asking for green mage, so probably the English translation got it wrong.

I only have 13 Orbs. I went into this new banner with literally nothing.

I don't know if I should even summon until the next one (or two) comes around. We need more Orb Quests.

Cerium

My failed quest for Swift Sparrow left me with only a single solitary orb at the end.

I'm hoarding until swimsuits now.

Mr. Virus

Pulled Alm on my first roll so finally have a Falchion unit.

+Def/-Spd though, which will suck moreso than usual due to Windsweep relying on speed to proc :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom