• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if they'll ever let us reroll natures, as that would probably break their revenue stream too much, but I think a good compromise would be to at least have some way (feathers, orbs, etc) to change any unit to a neutral nature.

I want to start building up some units now but I don't want to use feathers to promote units with disadvantaged natures. At least a neutral spread is workable for everyone, and then if you get something better down the line you can merge.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Bah, I keep making stupid mistakes. I can't seem to get a flawless run.

Maybe I'll field Ryoma again instead of Lucina. Lucina utterly overkills everything she's good against, but is super fragile thanks to a combination of Fury burnout and low defensive stats.

Do they rotate maps for arena seasons. Meaning certain maps appear or don't appear on some weeks? Feel like I am seeing the bridge and lava map a lot. Luckily the tree map is in there, and occasionally I get the very friendly mountain map.

One map I haven't seen in a long time is wher your team is split in two and so is the enemy and you are put on opposite corners.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not sure how to increase my arena score. I can get just under 4800, but for some reason I'm no longer seeing opponents 690+. The only thing I changed was to add an assist skill to my Julia. That can't be it.

Mupod

Do they rotate maps for arena seasons. Meaning certain maps appear or don't appear on some weeks? Feel like I am seeing the bridge and lava map a lot. Luckily the tree map is in there, and occasionally I get the very friendly mountain map.

One map I haven't seen in a long time is wher your team is split in two and so is the enemy and you are put on opposite corners.

I got the split one twice yesterday. Being able to adjust placement at the start has made that into the easiest map, oddly enough.

Not sure how to increase my arena score. I can get just under 4800, but for some reason I'm no longer seeing opponents 690+. The only thing I changed was to add an assist skill to my Julia. That can't be it.

What's your rank? I think if I am selective on the matches I take I too can get to that same score. I just want a score that holds in the top 5,000. I'm convinced under these scoring changes only whales will be in the top 1000.

Thought I'd check out arena again and ran into a bunch of +++ mage teams with fury. Linde with 56 attack and shit. Julia doubling people.

Absolutely disgusting

I got the split one twice yesterday. Being able to adjust placement at the start has made that into the easiest map, oddly enough.

Wait it exists still? The one that puts your teammates on the lower left and upper right corner and the opposing team is in the opposite corners? I haven't seen that in at least a month, probably two.

I was thinking about it because of being able to swap positions.

Mupod

Wait it exists still? The one that puts your teammates on the lower left and upper right corner and the opposing team is in the opposite corners? I haven't seen that in at least a month, probably two.

I was thinking about it because of being able to swap positions.

The map exists but they changed it so the each team is only on one side, not mixed up.

kswiston

Stolen from Reddit, but how doesn't this get you insta-banned?

aw7r4fi2mary.jpg

Is there no way to auto-detect impossible character configs?

kswiston

So two blues, a red, and a clear in the next banner. I have 65 orbs that I have been restraining myself from spending, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's refresh.

My luck targeting specific colours has been terrible these past 2-3 banners, so I think that I will just pull sets of 5 unless they are all green. I could use the extra pulls as feathers (I'm at 19k) or feeder skills.

Mupod

4760 for a perfect run with 4* Selena, happy with that score but I won't know the ranking for a while. Only had one hairy matchup against a +5 Eirika and +3 Ephraim with a Nino/Ryoma backup. But that went fine because it was the tree map and I was able to bait Nino with a buffed Lucina, kill her and reposition out of harm's way. The rest were free kills for Linde.

So two blues, a red, and a clear in the next banner. I have 65 orbs that I have been restraining myself from spending, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's refresh.

My luck targeting specific colours has been terrible these past 2-3 banners, so I think that I will just pull sets of 4 unless they are all green. I could use the extra pulls as feathers (I'm at 19k) or feeder skills.

My luck with orb sniping was so horrible that I mention hitting 5.5 and 6% on seperate occasions every other page in this thread. As soon as I stopped doing that and just opened whatever, I found Hawkeye and Hector.

But the thing is right now I need fodder badly and I'm lacking in greys/reds. So I'll probably focus on those, I just won't be super exclusive about picking colors. The new banner is coming with some interesting new skills which I'd imagine is going to be their MO going forward in order to get people to spend orbs,

Weebos

Banned
But the thing is right now I need fodder badly and I'm lacking in greys/reds. So I'll probably focus on those, I just won't be super exclusive about picking colors. The new banner is coming with some interesting new skills which I'd imagine is going to be their MO going forward in order to get people to spend orbs,

Do we know the skills on the new characters?

Mupod

Do we know the skills on the new characters?

I don't have it handy but there's some datamining on the FE Heroes reddit. Of particular note is a bow that prevents counterattacks from both the user and target, and a skill that does something similar.

I don't have it handy but there's some datamining on the FE Heroes reddit. Of particular note is a bow that prevents counterattacks from both the user and target, and a skill that does something similar.

I'm totally eyeing that bow. A high speed, high power character will be pretty impressive with it. Also, the wielder is a villager type character, so I'm curious if she will be similar to Donnel BST wise.

Sushen

My luck with orb sniping was so horrible that I mention hitting 5.5 and 6% on seperate occasions every other page in this thread. As soon as I stopped doing that and just opened whatever, I found Hawkeye and Hector.
I noticed the same where when I tried to snipe specific colors, it gets me the color with less number of orbs when it works. But, when it doesn't work, it takes me well into 4.0+ territory easily. I guess, it's a matter of whether you are willing to take 5* units in color that you don't want.

Would like a red centric banner. Depending on how these units stats are I may skip it for the next. Though I would like Faye, pulling colorless orbs scares me. Some seem to think a Celica banner is not far away, hopefully they overlap.

Mupod

oh wow, 4760 has me in the ~2000-ish ranking for now. Obviously will fall over time, but until recently I was struggling to get under 30,000. Fights were easier overall as well, I still ran into merged characters but it wasn't every single match like before. Definitely an improvement in the matchmaking.

lt519

Decided to do a last pull to go for Spring Camilla (was gonna put colorless tome on her). No greens on the board, decided just to pull a blue anyway and got 5* Linde! -ATK/+DEF though...

So what are some fun builds for Linde? I'm thinking of giving her Cecilia's Tome and pairing her with Nino and subbing MRobin out. She won't be able to tank red like Robin but maybe she doesn't have to if she can hit that hard. Although a Nino, Eirika, Robin, Linde team would be pretty fun (;

Nowi was short lived as my new 5* toy. But I'm building up a great army for this permadeath thing.

Akuun

Decided to do a last pull to go for Spring Camilla (was gonna put colorless tome on her). No greens on the board, decided just to pull a blue anyway and got 5* Linde! -ATK/+DEF though...

So what are some fun builds for Linde? I'm thinking of giving her Cecilia's Tome and pairing her with Nino and subbing MRobin out. She won't be able to tank red like Robin but maybe she doesn't have to if she can hit that hard. Although a Nino, Eirika, Robin, Linde team would be pretty fun (;

Nowi was short lived as my new 5* toy. But I'm building up a great army for this permadeath thing.
Congrats on Linde! I really wish I had one. She'd replace my MRobin too. Robin is great but sometimes he just lacks the raw power that Linde brings.

Nowi is growing on me. I still hate her as a character but there's no denying that she's pretty much Blue Hector when she has Quick Riposte.

IMO Linde is a glass cannon who deals high damage and typically doubles most of the time thanks to high speed. She has low defenses, so you want to keep her out of harm's way. I think she's good for going in to nuke people, rather than baiting and countering like you usually do with MRobin. So aggressive skills that benefit going on offense like Fury, Death/Darting Blow, and Desperation are probably good on her. Desperation is particularly good for her because she already comes with Ardent Sacrifice as a way to safely lower HP into Desperation range.

You want to pair her with units who can take her to safety after she attacks, so either a dancer or someone with a movement skill like drag back/reposition/shove/etc. Linde typically won't get doubled so she can sometimes take one hit from full health, but you still want to keep her out of trouble.

I would keep her default tome unless you want to give her Blarblade. Aura is already pretty great as it is. Raven tomes don't really make sense for her because she doesn't have the stats for a bait-and-counter style.

Another build is to put Breath of Life on her to go with her tome's healing properties + Ardent Sacrifice to create a nuke/pseudo healer hybrid. Maybe Renewal too.

Theosmeo

Can anyone think of a good build for a +def/-res julia? I put darting blow on her which lets her double hector and 1shot him, but I cant help but feel like she has better options

Mupod

-atk is unfortunate but as long as she's not -spd she's still very good.

She's blue, so she can't use Cecilia's tome. You don't want a -raven tome on someone as squishy as Linde anyways.

I'm gearing up to give mine Odin's tome, which is honestly probably overkill for a unit that already murders everything. But it would offset -atk and then some. Only problem is it's a TON of SP, but mine's already almost back up to 1000 SP saved. Either way, I'll be promoting Olivia and/or Sharena first so it's a ways off.

I already run Fury and Desperation, with Moonbow. I keep Fortify Res on her to help with Hector and Lucina's bad resistance. I leave Ardent Sacrifice on to help her get into Desperation range and top off Hector here and there.

Was Hector ever a banner hero?

Nope.

-atk is unfortunate but as long as she's not -spd she's still very good.

She's blue, so she can't use Cecilia's tome. You don't want a -raven tome on someone as squishy as Linde anyways.

I'm gearing up to give mine Odin's tome, which is honestly probably overkill for a unit that already murders everything. But it would offset -atk and then some. Only problem is it's a TON of SP, but mine's already almost back up to 1000 SP saved. Either way, I'll be promoting Olivia and/or Sharena first so it's a ways off.

I already run Fury and Desperation, with Moonbow. I keep Fortify Res on her to help with Hector and Lucina's bad resistance. I leave Ardent Sacrifice on to help her get into Desperation range and top off Hector here and there.

Nope.

After destroying nearly everything with a Blarblade+ and desperation 3 Bunnicina it's hard to fathom what a Linde could do with a similar build. Would she lose any matchup?

Akuun

If she relies on doubles to kill some units, I imagine the only thing that these super strong mages would be scared of would be tomebreakers.

Cerium

I made a last minute impulse purchase of orbs to see if I could get Swift Sparrow.

All garbage. 4% appearance rate!

My luck had to run out sometime. Lesson learned, never again.

Xetherion

Right, i'll check but it's likely this. Thanks

EDIT: yup, she's +res -def. Is she good?

-def isn't good for a tank unit like Nowi. But she doesn't really like banes in any stat. I have a -atk/+res nowi and i don't want to promote her either because -atk is also bad. I think neutral or -hp are probably her best natures.

So up to you if you want to spend resources on a less than ideal nature Nowi.

syncyes

In a last ditch attempt to get Spring Chrom, the only spring character I'm missing, I pulled on 50 orbs.

Got another Xander :( dammit

Whizkid7

I made a last minute impulse purchase of orbs to see if I could get Swift Sparrow.

All garbage. 4% appearance rate!

My luck had to run out sometime. Lesson learned, never again.

You just inspired me to do the same thing because I'm crazy and would love a spare Bunnycina for Swift Sparrow. Instead I ended up with a spare Marth, which isn't a bad consolation prize!

-def isn't good for a tank unit like Nowi. But she doesn't really like banes in any stat. I have a -atk/+res nowi and i don't want to promote her either because -atk is also bad. I think neutral or -hp are probably her best natures.

So up to you if you want to spend resources on a less than ideal nature Nowi.

The HP seal would cover a HP bane, so -HP would probably be her best bane.

Akuun

Right, i'll check but it's likely this. Thanks

EDIT: yup, she's +res -def. Is she good?
That's less than ideal, but probably not ruinously so. I think it's fine as long as she's not -spd, since her speed hovers around the threshold of not getting doubled by too many things. -Def +Res makes her a better magic tank and a worse physical tank, but she's still pretty durable overall. And since magic users are one of the things she can bait and counter thanks to her distant counter weapon, it's still worth something.

+Res also helps her fight other dragons.

In a last ditch attempt to get Spring Chrom, the only spring character I'm missing, I pulled on 50 orbs.

Got another Xander :( dammit

You just inspired me to do the same thing because I'm crazy and would love a spare Bunnycina for Swift Sparrow. Instead I ended up with a spare Marth, which isn't a bad consolation prize!

But if you guys wanted one thing in particular why pull any other color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom