• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Yeah, I'm running a Nino/Eirika/Azura death squad, so my easy arena kills are finally catching up to me. I'm still not actually losing, but it's way harder to get perfect wins. As Legacy said, the main issue is getting Nino down to Desperation levels to finish Hector off in one round. That and I lose at least one unit in the bridge map guaranteed.

Curious what your team is.

CorrinF / Ryoma / Minerva / Chrom(Spring)

CorrinF invalidates red sword units, and is generally good against pretty much any non-mage unit in the game.
Ryoma trashes ranged units and is an extremely vital unit in general.
Minerva is a good check to everything (she can kill most red sword units that attack her due to Quick Riposte) and is crazy powerful.
Chrom's the bonus unit. He does things... occasionally.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Tried running all-melee with Lucina, Nowi, Effie, Michaelis.

Fuuuuuucccckkkk that. Back to MRobin.

Sushen

4528 is my new record and I'm doing better than before. The ranking seems to be off though as it tells me even my sub 4000 score is 35000th.

All of these changes are simply wonderful, IS an Nintendo have been very generous to F2P players and I hope they are rewarded for it from the whales or in people willing to dip their toes into the pool.

I agree, but one thing I'll say is that "dipping your toes in the pool" seems like a REALLY bad idea for this game. The 20 orbs we got just now for the voting gauntlet bonus is worth $18 CAD (give or take, it's actually 23 orbs for $17.99). Considering what you're likely to get for those 20 orbs, it's practically highway robbery.

It very much feels like you either whale or F2P, there's no real in-between.

Put me in the camp of arena being a lot more challenging now, and that is not a bad thing. I think it has do with BST seemingly being ignored entirely and thus you get thrown into some very wacky combinations that you just would have not seen before as it would have been well below your BST.

So it has made matches much more diverse and forced me to rethink team composition. Still not too clear on what gets you to a higher score. Maybe that is where the merged units comes into play.

Akuun

I don't think it's an all or nothing thing. I've spent about $40 on this game and will probably stop buying because I think that's about right for the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of it.

I'd say whales are the type who spend hundreds to thousands to get whatever they want, and have a seriously hard time not buying and pulling for more every time they see a new banner that they like. Sure, some people can afford that, but the people that worry me are the ones who let this urge to pull go way out of control, and end up spending way beyond their means. It's something very similar to gambling addiction, with a lot of the same gambler's justifications thrown in as excuses to spend more.

My new arena score now after the rework.

oCPsHTFl.png

mercviper

So I merged my cecilias together since I had a better IV and wanted to transfer -blade over annnd the found out that if the source hero has spent SP on the skills to learn them they transfer over as learned to the enhanced hero. I.e I didn't have spend more SP to learn -blade or -raven but did for drag back and hone attack since I never learned them on source Cecilia. Basically got a free-ish 500 SP from that which was nice

Scum

I've been lvling up Sophia bit by bit since this morning, only to realize that I already have lvl 40 4* version of her.

zknS7MG.gif

Akuun

I cheesed those seal quests. I had a level 12ish Sophia and got level 20 kills on her by softening up targets with better units and then buffing the hell out of her so that she can land the final blow.

Interestingly enough, you still get credit for the kill on that character if the character doesn't survive the mission.

Scum

I cheesed those seal quests. I had a level 12ish Sophia and got level 20 kills on her by softening up targets with better units and then buffing the hell out of her so that she can land the final blow.

Interestingly enough, you still get credit for the kill on that character if the character doesn't survive the mission.
😲

What. WHAT

Cerium

I got all the seals (Spd on Nino, HP on Eirika, and Atk on Ninian) and used my Anna to get a Niles to get the 3* Cecilia because my other Cecilia are 2* and 1* and fuck that I'm not leveling those to 35.

Sushen

I got all the seals (Spd on Nino, HP on Eirika, and Atk on Ninian) and used my Anna to get a Niles to get the 3* Cecilia because my other Cecilia are 2* and 1* and fuck that I'm not leveling those to 35.
I hear you. Unless I'm utterly bored, there is no way I'll put an effort to raise my 3* Subaki.

Sushen

Put me in the camp of arena being a lot more challenging now, and that is not a bad thing. I think it has do with BST seemingly being ignored entirely and thus you get thrown into some very wacky combinations that you just would have not seen before as it would have been well below your BST.

So it has made matches much more diverse and forced me to rethink team composition. Still not too clear on what gets you to a higher score. Maybe that is where the merged units comes into play.
It's comical that my Fir is 20 points higher than my Reinhardt where I don't even need to explain which is a better unit.

The updated mechanisms are welcome, including the 99 limit (although I get bored at about 50 stamina worth of play anyway). Figuring out where to drop those new seals and also which 4* might be first to boost to 5* (if any) with 25k feathers stashed,

And after all this time, only just got to my first lvl 40, although I have a bunch sitting at 36+. Catria, who has been a surprise mvp (and I like her art). Neat that you get several new conversation lines at the 40.

Satisfied with my powered up and skill-enhanced Bunny Lucina and Chrom so just waiting for the refreshed banner to gamble the new batch of free orbs.

Spoit

From the low rarity videos and other GHB clear posts I leveled the 2* Subaki to 4* 40. I also haven't got him from the gatcha

Yeah, I really need to either pull an actually good red mage, or bite the bullet and level up Sophia to follow along with those videos

Theosmeo

...not in my experience...

Several units on the lava map pretty much force me to lose a unit. Really hate trying to get perfect streaks

Also, I'm an idiot for not saving the free 20 Orbs. Got greedy and thought that maybe I could get a Spring Camilla just before the banner went down. Summoned nothing but Green, and got a billion copies of Frederick, Cherche, and Barst. I official loathe these units.

Man, I'm kind of soured on this.

Ninferno

...not in my experience...

What Akuun said is true though. It has been like this since probably forever. In all these "use [insert hero name/weapon type/movement type] to kill [insert number] lv[insert number]+ enemies" quests, such as the "Use fliers to kill 15 lv40+ enemies" in the monthly quests, the killer DO NOT need to survive the map for the kills to count. You do need the killer to survive for the EXP and SP gain though so don't be confused with that.

Theosmeo

What Akuun said is true though. It has like this since probably forever. In all these "use [insert hero name/weapon type/movement type] to kill [insert number] lv[insert number]+ enemies" quests, such as the "Use fliers to kill 15 lv40+ enemies" in the monthly quests, the killer DO NOT need to survive the map for the kills to count. You do need the killer to survive for the EXP and SP gain though so don't be confused with that.

Yeah i know but it doesn't work on mine, just encountered the same situation and the same thing happened. Sorry if im coming off like a dick this is just hows it's worked for me today

scy

Yeah i know but it doesn't work on mine, just encountered the same situation and the same thing happened. Sorry if im coming off like a dick this is just hows it's worked for me today

Are you sure they're killing enemies that fit the requirement? Not all enemies in, say, a level 20+ map will actually be level 20+.

So do the seals can get unequipped after you equip it to one unit?

Just got on my last attempt to rolling a Spring unit with this banner with my last 20 orbs and I got the unit I wanted: bunny Lucina, with not a perfect IV but good enough (-HP/+RES) so I can say goodbye to this banner without any regrets.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bamboo 竹;233841365 said:
So do the seals can get unequipped after you equip it to one unit?
Yeah, its also pretty easy to shift then around. You can move the seal between heroes without needing to unequip it first.

Ninferno

That's weird. Did you actually win the battle then? Maybe in the case of a game over the kills don't count, I guess.

Also, like scy has pointed out, not all enemies on LV X+ training tower levels are actually at LV X+ so there's that as well.

Theosmeo

That's weird. Did you actually win the battle then? Maybe in the case of a game over the kills don't count, I guess.

Also, like scy has pointed out, not all enemies on LV X+ training tower levels are actually at LV X+ so there's that as well.

No i met all the requirements, at least im 99% sure. It's not a big deal though I'm done with all the quests

Well, luck was on my side. I'm totally broke, but I couldn't let that banner go with a 3.50% chance. Bought exactly 3 Orbs after the bonus, so I had enough for one summon.

I picked the Green Orb like every other prior summon, and got 5* Minerva with a neutral nature. It isn't Spring Camilla or Hector, but I ain't complaining. I got myself out a bad situation, but I must never make silly risky decisions like this anymore.

I spent a little bit too much on Orbs, but at least I have something to show for it.

Save your Orbs, guys!

Perfect run awwwww yeaaaah. For reference this same team topped out around 4450.

It doesn't seem that there's all that much going on calculation wise. I've barely done any skill inheritance outside of Michalis. Even tried swapping Lucina with a 4 star Kagero. Still matching up around 680

Ninferno

Congrats on all the great scores. After the matchmaking adjustment, I'm so envious of people having the luxury to run full 5* team now. Based on what I'm seeing on my match scores, it's going to be tough for me to compete now with 4* Michalis tanking my score; rarity seems to have become a bigger deal in the new system.

My alt account should still be able to get around 4750 because of the fact that Reinhardt no longer tanks my score but my main looks like it will have problem cracking 4700.

Congrats on all the great scores. After the matchmaking adjustment, I'm so envious of people having the luxury to run full 5* team now. Based on what I'm seeing on my match scores, it's going to be tough for me to compete now with 4* Michalis tanking my score; rarity seems to have become a bigger deal in the new system.

My alt account should still be able to get around 4750 because of the fact that Reinhardt no longer tanks my score but my main looks like it will have problem cracking 4700.

On the contrary, rarity barely seems to matter; I've swapped out 5* Anna for 4* Nino (the former even has limited inheritance while Nino doesn't) and it doesn't seem to lower my score.

Mupod

I had a pretty bad run as I started it off pre-patch because we didn't know what to expect from the adjustments. Also lost a couple in the last one because of course I get dancer+merged caster bullshit on the final match every time. But 4518 still seems to be getting almost as high a ranking as it would have before. I'll definitely try to get a perfect 7 streak this week but it's tough with Selena.

For the most part I'm not facing +7s and such anymore, though. I am definitely facing all 5* teams despite running a 4* with no inheritance, so I hope I can run a 5* bonus next week.

I will say I'm so used to facing inherited units now that I'm surprised when for example my Hector beats a Lucina 1v1. Still having some trouble dealing with merged green casters and dancers, but if neither of those are on a team I just roll over them. .

Re: Arena matchmaking
With a score of 4696 and team of Elise, Cecilia, 4* Abel, and 4* Alfonse, I think rarity -does- matter, but a score tiering system is in the way. If I were to have a 5* Abel or Alfonse, I'd be up one score tier. If I were to have both at 5*, I'd be at the same score tier as when I only had one of them at 5*. Both 5* with inheritance though would send me up an additional tier. This is done to make sure the throwaway 4* bonus unit doesn't tank your score and keeps you competitive, or I'd guess that's what they're trying anyway.

MANUELF

Banned
Played the arena with my Horse Emblem team, had two deaths in the entire run and got over 4.6k points, definitely they made it so you Get the same ammount of points depending of the difficulty and not your characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom