• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

champloo

5 star Anna is a more versatile Minerva without the flying dragon weakness. Anna can also do more damage because of her skills.

Their stat growths and averages are pretty similar.

If that's an option, I would recommend that.

If not, you should just keep it only because her job is to go kill of blue characters. She has too many weaknesses for the additional defense or resistance to do too much of an impact.

I read somewhere that wyverns don't get the dragon weakness?

Shun

I have 5* Minerva, 5* Camilla, 5* Fae, 4* Anna. So I am well covered by green weapons.

4+ Def/Res to fliers probably doesn't mean much compared to buffing Armoured classes.

I guess Camilla is better than Minerva in comparison as well skills wise.

If fliers had three movement like cavalry in this game, it'd probably make up for their weaknesses to bows. Although they'd probably be called OP at the same time.

To be honest I think 5* Anna is the best green unit other than Hector for her versatility.

Camilla is really slow and magic fodder, and while Minerva is faster she has the same weaknesses as Camilla.

I think you should keep Minerva because she's faster and does more damage than Camilla. Taking a hit doesn't really mean anything if they're going to die fast anyway.

I read somewhere that wyverns don't get the dragon weakness?

I haven't tested it, but even without a dragon weakness they already have crippling weaknesses to nearly all reds and archers that it's hard for me to recommend them without characters that can support them.

Malakhov

Banned
IMO, three of the same colors seems overkill. Aim at least one more green / colorless. Two reds, one blue, one green / colorless are better.

Just pull out if there are no green / colorless orbs remaining
Thanks, will do. So keeping Lyn and Tiki as reds is the way to go I'm sure.

Thanks again.

PtM

Banned
Haven't had a single defense since the game came out. My team hasn't been ideal throughout but thought someone would have at least screwed up at some point surely? Especially at lower levels earlier on. Or are defenses not that common?

Need to replace Chrom since his 4* isn't great without Falchion and I already have Lyn. I'm saving orbs for the next gacha, but in the meantime is there anyone I should focus on levelling and maybe rank up in future? Maybe Corrin? Saizo seems good but not sure if he's a good fit.
I feel the defense team needs a healer. Hasn't worked out for me, tho.

champloo

I haven't tested it, but even without a dragon weakness they already have crippling weaknesses to nearly all reds and archers that it's hard for me to recommend them without characters that can support them.

The wyvern riders in the game right now are all too squishy it seems. we need Haar

ggx2ac

Lame, my Catria has 3 less attack than the one in the chart average. Those 3 points went to HP.

To be honest I think 5* Anna is the best green unit other than Hector for her versatility.

Camilla is really slow and magic fodder, and while Minerva is faster she has the same weaknesses as Camilla.

I think you should keep Minerva because she's faster and does more damage than Camilla. Taking a hit doesn't really mean anything if they're going to die fast anyway.

I'll try Minerva in Arena but, characters with Brave weapons usually have the advantage of killing the enemy in two hits without getting countered.

Rahk

I feel the defense team needs a healer. Hasn't worked out for me, tho.
Hmm, tried with Serra for a little while but didn't seem to help. Figured the AI was too dumb for healing. Guess I'll try again for a bit longer and see how it goes. Chrom is probably a bit redundant and useless anyway.

Shun

Lame, my Catria has 3 less attack than the one in the chart average. Those 3 points went to HP.

I'll try Minerva in Arena but, characters with Brave weapons usually have the advantage of killing the enemy in two hits without getting countered.

It's up to you, I personally don't like using either of them in Arena.

As for your Pegasus Knight. That's not that bad, considering she gets Luna for -50% defense every 2 actions.

Mine is +Res/-HP. She's pretty great as a unit if you can navigate away from archers. Having Luna proctor that often really helps with her damage output.

Baliis

Haven't had a single defense since the game came out. My team hasn't been ideal throughout but thought someone would have at least screwed up at some point surely? Especially at lower levels earlier on. Or are defenses not that common?

I've had like 5 or 6 successful defends I think? 4 Last season, 2 so far this one. At 243 so hopefully I get 250 to pop into the 500 feather bracket.

bump for the new page

Added you. Mine is 4765231505 if anyone wants to add me.

Dreavus

I need to incorporate magic damage somewhere. I've been stonewalled by a similarly leveled armoured knight in the training maps a couple of times now where he's like the terminator and no one can hurt him lol. Kinda sucks to use the stamina on what amounts to a draw!

ggx2ac

I can definitely confirm now that having more than one bonus hero in your team for arena won't give you any extra bonus points than what is already given.

I was using only Lyn out of four 5* level 40 characters and the highest points I got in a fight was 648 because that was the max for it.

I also vs. a 5* Anna.

It's up to you, I personally don't like using either of them in Arena.

As for your Pegasus Knight. That's not that bad, considering she gets Luna for -50% defense every 2 actions.

Mine is +Res/-HP. She's pretty great as a unit if you can navigate away from archers. Having Luna proctor that often really helps with her damage output.

I was doing well with Minerva as a support unit, if only I wasn't vs. Takumi. Giving Catria and Cordelia +4 Def/Res during combat was useful and I was easily getting wins without even using Lyn.

What I need to do is get Olivia to level 40 because having her at level 20 is preventing me from getting more than 600 points per arena match from being matched up with others who use Olivia or Azura at level 20.

Edit: That's right, during one of my matches. My 5* Catria beat 5* Sheena, only because Minerva was there to provide +4 defense.

Robin would have beat Chrom if both versions were combined so there is still justice in this world.

It's a shame the split vote really hurt a lot of characters like Tiki Marth and Robin.

lt519

How do they calculate defense points? I have a score that'll land me in the top reward tier, but just curious how that comes about. I think I have an abnormal defense team, I seem to rack up a lot of wins each week. Robin, Roy, Subaki and Sophia.

mstevens

Need some team advice

Right now I'm using Young Tiki, Marth, Lyn and Takumi but I'm getting beat up in Arena (probably mostly due to having 3 reds).

The characters I could replace people with are Camilla, Raven, Robin, Hinoka, Nowi. Minerva, Maria, Lissa, Serra or Olivia. I'm assuming Marth should be the one to go.

Any ideas? I get that I'm complaining with a full 5* squad, but the difficulties are coming against other loaded squads and Chapter 9 Lunatic.

edit: Also, I'm not sure what stats I'm looking for.

I was really excited about my Takumi but he has the low HP stat (in exchange for high speed stat). He is really squishy.

Lyn got high Def low Res

Marth got high HP low Def

Young Tiki got high Atk low Def

Going to be bummed if one of those guys is gimped because of bad RNG.

chrono01

Need some team advice

Right now I'm using Young Tiki, Marth, Lyn and Takumi but I'm getting beat up in Arena (probably mostly due to having 3 reds). I'm also a little worried about my Takumi because he only has 36 health at level 40.

The characters I could replace people with are Camilla, Raven, Robin, Hinoka, Nowi. Minerva, Maria, Lissa, Serra or Olivia. I'm assuming Marth should be the one to go.

Any ideas? I get that I'm complaining with a full 5* squad, but the difficulties are coming against other loaded squads and Chapter 9 Lunatic.
Sorry, can't help you with your question, but I noticed your Takumi comment. I just hit Level 40 on mine today too, and got the same HP nature as you. Mine was +DEF/-HP, judging from the stat chart, which is disappointing. I get that he can tank physical blows better now, but his RES is still 18 so magic tears him apart. My Tiki, who also hit Level 40 today, got a +DEF/-RES nature, not sure if that's good or bad.

Why did natures have to be a thing? WHY!?

mstevens

Sorry, can't help you with your question, but I noticed your Takumi comment. I just hit Level 40 on mine today too, and got the same HP nature as you. Mine was +DEF/-HP, judging from the stat chart, which is disappointing. I get that he can tank physical blows better now, but his RES is still 18 so magic tears him apart. My Tiki, who also hit Level 40 today, got a +DEF/-RES nature, not sure if that's good or bad.

Why did natures have to be a thing? WHY!?

edit: oh right, yeah same -HP. 36 HP is really not good because the whole reason he is great is because of his counter... But it's not worth much if he can't take a hit.

Tiki is the only one I'm happy with which is a huge bummer. I'm definitely not a Fire Emblem expert though by any means, so it's possible other combinations are good as well.

chrono01

Mine is actually low HP, high speed. I wish he had more HP because the reason he's so good is because of his counter, but he can barely take a hit.

Tiki is the only one I'm happy with which is a huge bummer. I'm definitely not a Fire Emblem expert though by any means, so it's possible other combinations are good as well.
I'm still hoping we can find a way to re-balance the stats in the future, maybe a type of stat-training or something. But then, I guess that's what dupes are for, but given my luck that won't be happening any time soon. :/

Need some team advice

Right now I'm using Young Tiki, Marth, Lyn and Takumi but I'm getting beat up in Arena (probably mostly due to having 3 reds). I'm also a little worried about my Takumi because he only has 36 health at level 40.

What are the stats on your Takumi? As far as I know, it seems like most characters have a preset stat total with a variance of +-1. So if you had -3 health, you might have +3 the avg attack with a random +1, -1, or 0 tossed into the mix somehow. You might have an even better than avg Takumi if those extra points are sitting in your Atk pool.

Assuming the other characters you have are 5* or 4*, I would go with either -

Tiki, Takumi, Hinoka, Nowi
Takumi, Nowi, Camilla, Hinoka
Lyn, Nowi, Takumi, Healer

But that's just me. You don't have any of the big Blue beaters, so I'd rely on the higher stats of the dragons and using Takumi/Hinoka to try and keep the Falchion users down. If you feel particularly brave, you could run Tiki, Nowi, Camilla, and Takumi. Just hope you never run into a Falchion.

mstevens

I'm still hoping we can find a way to re-balance the stats in the future, maybe a type of stat-training or something. But then, I guess that's what dupes are for, but given my luck that won't be happening any time soon. :/

It would be nice, but I'm not counting on it. I actually did get a dupe Lyn and stupidly already merged them.. Which will make Lyn's nature being gimped doubly painful.

What are the stats on your Takumi? As far as I know, it seems like most characters have a preset stat total with a variance of +-1. So if you had -3 health, you might have +3 the avg attack with a random +1, -1, or 0 tossed into the mix somehow. You might have an even better than avg Takumi if those extra points are sitting in your Atk pool.

Assuming the other characters you have are 5* or 4*, I would go with either -

Tiki, Takumi, Hinoka, Nowi
Takumi, Nowi, Camilla, Hinoka
Lyn, Nowi, Takumi, Healer

But that's just me. You don't have any of the big Blue beaters, so I'd rely on the higher stats of the dragons and using Takumi to try and keep the Falchion users down.

Yeah, I went and edited my earlier post with each of the character's stats. They all have +3 in the high stat and -3 in the low. Takumi specifically had -3 HP and +3 Speed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Hinoka seems like the best offensive replacement with that line up, particularly for arena. If you wanted a more defensive pick Maria is pretty good too though.

chrono01

Yeah, I went and edited my earlier post with each of the character's stats. They all have +3 in the high stat and -3 in the low. Takumi specifically had -3 HP and +3 Speed.
My Takumi is even worse than yours, if you only lost 3 HP. Mine is +4 DEF, -4 HP. :(

Takumi:

HP - 36
ATK - 46
SPD - 33
DEF - 29
RES - 18

My Tiki (Young) is +4 DEF, -4 RES.

Tiki (Young):

HP - 41
ATK - 46
SPD - 30
DEF - 35
RES - 25

RE: The MyUnit characters/their offspring (Robin, Morgan, etc.) I wouldn't combine both genders for voting next time, since they are actually different, but all other characters that had multiple appearances to vote for (Ike, Marth, etc.) should definitely be combined in future votes.

Edit: Anna's a bit iffy too I guess.

While I'm relieved to know Ike still held the top spot, it sucked to find out that Mia would have made it to the top ten if her votes hadn't been split in two. Seriously, what were they thinking organizing the poll like that?!

While I'm relieved to know Ike still held the top spot, it sucked to find out that Mia would have made it to the top ten if her votes hadn't been split in two. Seriously, what were they thinking organizing the poll like that?!

Sorry but no. If you were to combine votes it would look like this.

1 - Lyn - 49917
2 - Lucina - 48295
3 - Tharja - 29540
4 - Camilla - 25766
5 - Corrin - 19599
6 - Tiki - 16523
7 - Eirika - 16423
8 - Anna - 15441
9 - Cordelia - 14362
10 - Azura - 14198
11 - Micaiah - 13491
12 - Nephenee - 13473
13 - Mia - 13354
14 - Severa - 10743

But yeah, the vote splitting skewered the results in several aspects.

redcrayon

10,000 feathers, 10 duelling crests and 2 orbs just for logging in today. Nice!

Several arena quests added with decent rewards of 1,000 feathers too.

Shinypogs

And I'm now getting real tired of people stacking their teams by having one unit with trash levels and everyone else boosted to hell so it averages out.

At least I didn't do it on purpose with Olivia. It's just hard to level dancers since unlike healers they get no exp or even sp from dancing.

Man what do you even do to Takumi? He demolishes anyone foolish enough to fight him at range so I roll up with my 5* Lucina who's even a higher level and this man can still tank my hit and close counter with a 41x2? Once I see him on the field it just becomes an internal debate of which two characters I'm going to have to sacrifice to hopefully take him out. And I fought two guys with two Takumi's which ended two streaks. Can I live, game?

Shinypogs

Man what do you even do to Takumi? He demolishes anyone foolish enough to fight him at range so I roll up with my 5* Lucina who's even a higher level and this man can still tank my hit and close counter with a 41x2? Once I see him on the field it just becomes an internal debate of which two characters I'm going to have to sacrifice to hopefully take him out. And I fought two guys with two Takumi's which ended two streaks. Can I live, game?
Robin if you have him kills takumi due to a skill that gives him advantage over neutral enemies. Units with sufficient strength and brave weapons can one shot him before he can retaliate with close counter. Certain mages Like I beleive lilina can one shot him. Double takumi is cancer, quad takumi should be illegal.

Ken

get a takumi

Kyou

Misleading leader with 3 Takumis is a pretty heartbreaking arena battle

Spierek

How does the bonus for pvp work? Do I get a better bonus the more featured characters are in my team?

From what I can see you get extra points for having featured characters and for the average level of your team (so fighting with a stronger team nets more points, but also gives you tougher opponents).

GAF. I was WEAK and just dropped $40 on this game.
However, in my draws I got 3 new 5* characters. Takumi,Marth , and Cordelia.

Other notable 4* characters I got were Chrom and Robin.

I FEEL DIRTY BUT TELL ME IT WAS WORTH IT

Baliis

Managed to push my arena score to 3684, pretty happy with that. Gonna up my Robin to 4 star and start leveling him though, so prob not much more for a bit.

mstevens

GAF. I was WEAK and just dropped $40 on this game.
However, in my draws I got 3 new 5* characters. Takumi,Marth , and Cordelia.

Other notable 4* characters I got were Chrom and Robin.

I FEEL DIRTY BUT TELL ME IT WAS WORTH IT

Well, some guy spent $1000 and didn't get Hector, so I'd say $40 is worth all that.

EDarkness

I decided that the need for a good green unit will be my drive to pull again. Gonna do it once I get back from taking a trip to the spa. Gotta be in a fresh frame of mind before I do it. Heh, heh.

The event map was interesting, but my guys were too badass and so Robin and Kagero ended up stomping the hard map. No problem, I got 3 more orbs!

Taking my sweet time through the story missions. I'll get through them eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom