• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

Japanese feheroes twitter advertising the card game stream tomorrow.

I'd be mad if they get units we can't use in the western account.

Dragner

Im almost out of top 10k. I cant beat people without losing someone since my good units are all mages and are all soft to melee and everybody counters everything. Maybe I should feather up someone but no idea. I dont have the skill to pull a Takumi.

Narcian is weak on current meta with no lances at all and takumis and hectors everywhere. Dont upgrade him unless you need a green and dont have another one.

Cerium

I wonder when they're going to give us the poll winner characters.

Looking at all narcian has, do you, a ranked player, thinks he can be an asset to a team?
Shun said he prefers Anna for her unique abilities and because green fliers have too many weaknesses right now.

Red is everywhere.

Theosmeo

I wonder when they're going to give us the poll winner characters.

Shun said he prefers Anna for her unique abilities and because green fliers have too many weaknesses right now.

Red is everywhere.

Makes sense, he seems more like a lance cav hammer than anything

mikemandey

Beat Narcian hard.

With Hector, Takumi, Elise, and Fae.

Hector killed everyone except Narcian. Elise healed Hector and then pulled to a safe tile by Fae repeatedly. Takumi killed Narcian

No maxed level units involved.

End.

Sölf

Due to his abilities, Narcian will totally murder any blue unit, but yeah, he probably won't be that useful unless you lack green, a flier, a green flier or the meta changes to more blue.

I will probably still level him as I really like his skillset as a sort of blue assassin.

Pulled a few decent 4 stars including Setsuna, Felicia, and Frederick.

I struggled a lot with the Hard Narcian battle even though I have a 39 Marth, 37 Jakob, and 37 Nowi. Having everyone alive makes this super hard.

I'm actually leveling up Setsuna right now for this map! I think I can get her up to speed in 3 days. Frederick is now my best Green, but I still really want Camilla. I'm at 3.5% for her banner, and I will have enough for another free pull after getting the orbs from logging in and completing the celebration map. I'm avoiding Reds.

I actually don't expect much from the next banner, so I just want to get my 5* before the 14th is over.

Gotchaye

How do you like your Pegasus Knight so far? And what is her stat parameters?

It took me a while to get used to her, but I found her so useful in my no-death arena streaks.

My team is very similar to yours, but with Ryoma instead of Lucina. We also got pretty similar scores too.

I'm liking her more now. I don't like her stats that much though - she's +HP -Spd. The HP is nice because she can survive a Takumi shot, but low Spd means she can't charge into people and trigger her special on the second attack.

She's mostly useful when they have a backline blue like Robin, since she can move in to do some damage to a frontline red to make sure it dies and then survive Robin and maybe another red attacking back.

Dragner

I have a Catria too mine is -DEF + ATK and that kind of sucks since her tankyness is what wanted from her. Maybe ill take for a spin for a change. Will use a Linde, Catria, Hector Lyn and see how it goes.

rockx4

I need a good blue unit, my 4* Oboro and Cordelia not cutting it. My only options are to try boosting one to 5*, or upgrading my female Corrin, but she's only 3*.

I also have:
4* Sharena (upgarded early on)
3* Donnel
3* Shanna
3* Odin.

I'm also using a 5* Camilla, 2 flyers doesn't seem to work really well. Any suggestions? :\

sibarraz

Banned
How can you beat narcian? the corridor is the only place where I can move with foot units and there is lots of ranged enemies at the other side

Semajer

Japanese feheroes twitter advertising the card game stream tomorrow.

I'd be mad if they get units we can't use in the western account.

There were Cipher characters in Fates that only Japan got. I'd expect the same to happen in Heroes if there are bonus characters announced.

Zafir

Devious. I'm tempted to do something similar now.

In fact, I think I will.

As I said yesterday, it's hard to do since so many people are doing it - unless you have two beastly units at level 40(or three, I've seen some people just queue with 3 and no fourth unit). The game wasn't matching me with an average it put me against people doing the same thing, and in some cases they were higher as I'm not level 40 with anyone yet.

In other words, regardless of what you queue as, have fun going against imbalanced teams. System seems flawed all around.

Qurupeke

Also, it's worth mentioning that bringing 3 units instead of 4 matches you with lower leveled people. The system is completely broken.

Cerium

As I said yesterday, it's hard to do since so many people are doing it - unless you have two beastly units at level 40(or three, I've seen some people just queue with 3 and no fourth unit). The game wasn't matching me with an average it put me against people doing the same thing, and in some cases they were higher as I'm not level 40 with anyone yet.

In other words, regardless of what you queue as, have fun going against imbalanced teams. System seems flawed all around.

You can set different offense and defense teams.

I'm not concerned at all about my offense, I chained 7 Advanced wins today. But my defense wins have slowed since my guys started hitting 40.

I'm sure they'll patch it once they realize it's a problem.

Zafir

You can set different offense and defense teams.

I'm not concerned at all about my offense, but my defense wins have slowed since my guys started hitting 40.

Oh I'm aware of that. I'm talking about offense, but never mind if you aren't.

I don't have the levels for a good defense either way.

Why would you expect something else ? The game came out a week ago. They wont drop a Holiday season type event when most people havent even cleared all normal story missions and are still leveling their main units.

Because I'm running out of things to do in this game - after I finish last 8 maps in story and get my team from 37 to 40 then only things left to do will be leveling up alternative units but since those need 20k features to update there's another bottlenecked waiting.

Which is why a lot of gatcha games have stamina sink events - where you can spend days grinding for some reward.

ggx2ac

I need more feathers...

Sure, 5* Female Corrin is nice but it didn't change much for performance in Arena.

There's still a few more characters I wanna try out and I guess I'll just level them to 40 even though they are 4*.

I'm just leveling up a lot of characters to 20 while the stamina costs are down so it's quicker to get a lot done.

If Takumi wasn't around I probably would have used the feathers to 5* Gordin since he has a Brave bow, it would have been interesting but Takumi makes all other archers look like shit because of his stats, bow with Pass skill and close counter.

ggx2ac

Also, it's worth mentioning that bringing 3 units instead of 4 matches you with lower leveled people. The system is completely broken.

Yeah but it's not going to give you a score higher than 4000.

You need to face teams of four level 40 or higher units to get the highest scores.

redcrayon

I need more feathers...

Sure, 5* Female Corrin is nice but it didn't change much for performance in Arena.

There's still a few more characters I wanna try out and I guess I'll just level them to 40 even though they are 4*.

I'm just leveling up a lot of characters to 20 while the stamina costs are down so it's quicker to get a lot done.
This is what I'm doing. All characters levelled to 3* level 20 regardless, and 4* characters in teams of similar levels to keep getting stronger.

Feathers and 5* pulls seem pretty rare so my strategy is to have a wide pool of strong units to make teams for specific missions rather than wait on an all-star team that can do everything.

ggx2ac

Needed a blue unit, so I used 40 orbs on blue, ended up with Linde (5*) / Effie (5*) / Nowi (4*) and some other less important.
All are considered S tier, so yay? Kinda wanted Robin for his tankiness though.

Effie is what lots of people are using in Arena now.

She hits like a truck. She could get up to 60 attack in combat with her Atk and Death Blow. She has that skill that forces herself and opponents to attack once as long as she isn't below 50% health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom