• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

Needed a blue unit, so I used 40 orbs on blue, ended up with Linde (5*) / Effie (5*) / Nowi (4*) and some other less important.
All are considered S tier, so yay? Kinda wanted Robin for his tankiness though.

Linde is a glass cannon and a devastating one. Got very high attack and speed.
Lvl 37 stats:
QWi0tC8.jpg

Kouriozan

Effie is what lots of people are using in Arena now.

She hits like a truck. She could get up to 60 attack in combat with her Atk and Death Blow. She has that skill that forces herself and opponents to attack once as long as she isn't below 50% health.

Lvl 37 stats:

Thanks, looks like I'll put both in my team instead of Barst and Cecilia.
So now it should look like this : Takumi / Linde / Roy / Effie, now to level them!

ggx2ac

Another reason why Effie is probably good against Takumi, aside from being able to hit the enemy like a truck which means she'd destroy red weapons, she has Smite. You could have her push someone over two spaces, you can even push someone over a gap as long as it reaches to the other side. This would help to close the gap on Takumi if you got someone that is good against him other than Effie.

Lvl 37 stats:

Now I can see why she wouldn't be so good against Takumi solo. Someone else would have to weaken him first and then she finishes him off.

Cerium

I just realized something.

You know what would be really neat for the Lyn Fan Vote character?

Blade Lord Lyn with the bow.

latest

Give us some true competition for Takumi.

Golnei

I just realized something.

You know what would be really neat for the Lyn Fan Vote character?

Blade Lord Lyn with the bow.

Give us some true competition for Takumi.

It'd definitely be a good decision to do that for the second Lyn - high base rarity units going forwards are still going to be sword-focused, so this at least provides some variety while further differentiating her from standard Lyn. Great Lord/Bride Lucina using the lance would also be a good idea for her variation.

Also, with the blown-up sprite, I'm finding it hard to not see that as her pulling the arrow from her cleavage...

Dragner

I imagine people use effies to counter lords. I will one day do a full armor team with hector buff skill effie and some others. The tortoise of death.

ggx2ac

I imagine people use effies to counter lords. I will one day do a full armor team with hector buff skill effie and some others. The tortoise of death.

More like, counter lords and not die to Takumi.

Cordelia is good enough to take down lords on first attack but she and other fliers will always get one shotted by Takumi.

Achtius

How does Eliwood do against Takumi? I feel like I want to make him a 5* to deal with Hector, but not sure if it is worth it to bring him to arena if everyone else is takumi.

Dragner

More like, counter lords and not die to Takumi.

Cordelia is good enough to take down lords on first attack but she and other fliers will always get one shotted by Takumi.

The problem I see with effie is that she is super soft to hector. But unless you are ranking at highest MMR you wont see a lot of them I guess (I see Hector-Takumi most of the time).

Also defense hector suck so whatever.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Beat hard event stage thanks to a reddit userwith a combo of camilla + dancer + healer + takumi.

That archer is the first to go, then everything else falls into place ( narcian trys to chase camilla down and dies as a result lol)

ggx2ac

The problem I see with effie is that she is super soft to hector. But unless you are ranking at highest MMR you wont see a lot of them I guess (I see Hector-Takumi most of the time).

Well, I wouldn't be using her against Hector just like I wouldn't be using Cordelia against Hector.

They have their uses against the red weapons while I use dragons or mages against armoured characters and wyvern riders.

Mupod

pretty much at the point now where if my next pull doesn't have someone really good in it I'm done with this game. I got destroyed in a normal mode chapter 9 mission against things several levels under me because I couldn't do any damage to them. Same is happening in intermediate arena, I can't kill any single unit in one round. Pretty stupid that you can just get stuck in a rut like this, it'll be weeks or months before I have enough feathers to upgrade ONE character to be useful and even if I do it to Abel he can't handle all this shit.

ViviOggi

Also defense hector suck so whatever.
Yeah defense Hector isn't an issue for Effie because she'll have done her job before he ever reaches her, and then you just finish him off with your own lord.

ggx2ac

pretty much at the point now where if my next pull doesn't have someone really good in it I'm done with this game. I got destroyed in a normal mode chapter 9 mission against things several levels under me because I couldn't do any damage to them. Same is happening in intermediate arena, I can't kill any single unit in one round. Pretty stupid that you can just get stuck in a rut like this, it'll be weeks or months before I have enough feathers to upgrade ONE character to be useful and even if I do it to Abel he can't handle all this shit.

My guess is you are dying to armoured knights? You need a mage or dragon to beat them easily.

MANUELF

Banned
The New map is hard, they like to bully my Robin and since the green mages have triadept they kill him easily plus the blue Mage is also very powerful and 8 Get trapped in that bottleneck

Sölf

Don't get discouraged. Chapter 9 is just a total bitch, no matter the difficulty.

Mupod

My guess is you are dying to armoured knights? You need a mage or dragon to beat them easily.

That's what I mean, I've never found either of those. I have no ranged attackers at all actually, aside from the free Virion it gives you and my healer. A 5* Robin would pretty much solve all my problems but it's almost comical how much useless crap I've found instead.

Sölf;230068979 said:
Don't get discouraged. Chapter 9 is just a total bitch, no matter the difficulty.

I'd say I was more discouraged by the Tiki in intermediate arena that Abel was doing 2 damage to...

vgamer1

Would there be any reason to wait to do a 5 character pull? When are they switching the Focus? Should I just be doing a 5 character each time I acquire 20 orbs?

MarkusRJR

Is there cloud saves with this game? Trying to decide if I should play on my phone or tablet, if it's possible to go back and forth between the two that'd make things easier.

Addi

Would there be any reason to wait to do a 5 character pull? When are they switching the Focus? Should I just be doing a 5 character each time I acquire 20 orbs?

These focus characters last to the 15th february 8.00 am. It says so in the info under the banners. I don't do 20 orbs pulls anymore because I only want Takumi, I pull the greys that are there then exit. I lose some orbs, but I don't need the other colours as much.

Zafir

This event really fucks you if you don't have a high level pegasus or mage

Even with a mage it's pretty damn rough due to the map layout and the fact they won't come down into you step into their danger zone.

That said my mage (Robin) is under leveled since I only drew him as 5* yesterday.

Hero

So is anyone else concerned how they're going to get orbs after they clear the main missions? Aside from buying them.

This Narcian event man....I just can't do it.

My best members are 5*Lyn 38, 5*Takumi lv40, 4*Catria lv36 and 4*Merric lv36.

I just can't get them to come down witout losing someone :(

So is anyone else concerned how they're going to get orbs after they clear the main missions? Aside from buying them.

Yeah, I don't know either. We will get them daily for sure but that's, well, nothing.

Honestly, they could just add them as prizes for the character missions we get. Like, we get the character and an orb for clear. Which means we get 2 orbs per event completion.

Kouriozan

If they add even only 1 chapter every 2 weeks that's still 15 orbs or 1 orb per day.
They did say they would add story update every 2 weeks.

Qurupeke

This Narcian event man....I just can't do it.

My best members are 5*Lyn 38, 5*Takumi lv40, 4*Catria lv36 and 4*Merric lv36.

I just can't get them to come down witout losing someone :(

I'm even losing on the 25 lvl event with a team of 30-35. Mage isn't bulky enough to survive, my Catria can't face Narcian and the others are useless.

Darktalon

After scrounging up just enough orbs to do a full pull, I pictured in my head really hard getting Takumi. I clicked the colorless orb last.

TZPR22p.jpg

Yay! I just need to level him and stick him with my 5* MRobin and Tiki =)

Any suggestions who should go in 4th slot? All my 4* are Lilian, Beruka, Ogma, Chrom, Olivia, MCorrin, Palla, Tharja, Oboro, Gwendolyn, Jagen, Est, Camilla, and Lissa.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there cloud saves with this game? Trying to decide if I should play on my phone or tablet, if it's possible to go back and forth between the two that'd make things easier.

Yes, the game is saved via your Nintendo account...you can play on both devices with one account.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Started running into Takumis for the first time in Arena. I don't really have any hard counters to him, but I found that Camilla can oneshot Takumi as long as her skill is up. Those doubled first attacks are great.

So it seems my strategy against Takumi is to charge up Camilla on other people first while avoiding him, then have her dive in after forcing Takumi to waste his turn walking towards me.

Oh, and I think my Hinoka sucks. She is worse than my other fliers in every way except HP, so I'm guessing she got some shitty nature like -atk +HP.

I do like Effie but I need to level her up. Plus I'm not sure who to replace with her.

Kouriozan

LMAO I got Robin on the deep devotion banner while trying to get Camilla.

Edit : spent all my orbs, I probably shouldn't have but still, here the results

hsFYNxMl.jpg

Fae could be neat, and now I know what to do with my feathers! lol

Samstrike

So I just deleted my save. No 5 stars units in my last 6 full pull and I only had one 5 stars unit with like 85% of the free orbs used. Didn't really want to reroll but I was quite salty after that last unsuccessful pull and was also always getting my ass kick in the arena. Seeing all those people with multiple 5 stars piss me off a bit!

MiTYH

Ran another deep devotion dive. Got:

3-star Setsuna. Good since I needed an archer
3-star Shanna
5-FREAKING STAR TAKUMI!
3-star Eiwood
3-star Nino. First mage

So I should have stopped, but, overall I'm pretty stoked for the 5star and a few good units I think

Quonny

Beat that hard mode event map after 6 tries.

First map in the game I felt like I had to use strategy to beat. I was in and out, kiting and poking, attempting different approaches, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom