• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

akileese

I have 80 orbs again. Seeing all these Takumis... man, I'm so tempted to spend 20 on just colorless gems and see if I can get one D:

I've got a Takumi, Minerva, Rika, and male Corrin five star. I haven't gotten any of the ones I really wanted, but they're all good characters.

Qurupeke

eBGRR0p.jpg

Posting a screenshot of my team because this is the trend on gacha threads. :p

I think I'll spend the feathers on Catria, missing about 5000. No matter how hard I tried to find Takumi, my team remains a harem...

I have 80 orbs again. Seeing all these Takumis... man, I'm so tempted to spend 20 on just colorless gems and see if I can get one D:

I spent 40+ and didn't manage to get Takumi. Then I spend the remaining 4 on a Green and I instantly get Camilla...

Fireblend

Banned
I spent 40+ and didn't manage to get Takumi. Then I spend the remaining 4 on a Green and I instantly get Camilla...

Yeah this is what I fear. All this people getting Takumi are just feeding my confirmation bias that it's easy to get. If I were to spend 20 in 4 pulls the odds of getting one are pretty low.

My current team:
Someone tell me it is great and I don't need Takumi to feed my bias on the other direction :p

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Maybe I should use a different team on defense than I use on offense in arena. I feel like my team of red-green-ninja-healer only works when you back off and plan out your engagements, and the AI would probably throw all that out the window and just charge into battle.

How do armored units do on defense? Since I'm afraid the AI would just leave them behind all the time too.

redcrayon

Maybe I should use a different team on defense than I use on offense in arena. I feel like my team of red-green-ninja-healer only works when you back off and plan out your engagements, and the AI would probably throw all that out the window and just charge into battle.

How do armored units do on defense? Since I'm afraid the AI would just leave them behind all the time too.
I find heavy units to be easy kills under AI control as they get left behind- either the computer charges or the player can manipulate the battle to leave the heavy 'till last or stuck in a queue at a choke point. Dancers do well on defence, as they open a lot of options for heavy damage/kills that the AI can exploit, and it makes the battlefield harder to read for the player as the potential threat radius of each character and number of enemy options are higher. Dancer combined with a strong ranged or cavalry unit is a good defence, I think.

Bovine

Neo Member
2 more pulls, and I now have 5 star Lyn and 5 star Lucina. With 5 star Camilla and 4 star Tharja already, I now have all the waifus.

I have a 4 star Sakura as my healer and while her upgraded two range heal is good, I feel like I prefer her closer 1 range heal because the target also benefits from def+ next turn because they were next to sakura when being healed.

It's small things like this that can make a break a good team formation, it's great.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is there any way to reset a 5 star's stats?

Nope, you will have to pull another one xD
2 more pulls, and I now have 5 star Lyn and 5 star Lucina. With 5 star Camilla and 4 star Tharja already, I now have all the waifus.

2 more pulls as in single pulls...or 2x 20 orb sets ? Well eitherway grats on all them Waifus. I dont have Tharja yet...but someday lol.

How bad you you want him ? You have to realize that once Takumi is gone from the banner he will be as rare to pull as Hector or Ryoma right now. Also we dont know how fast or how many units will be added to the game...so the chances of getting him down the line might be lower.

Obv. you could get completely screwed on your pulls...i would do pulls, but only on colorless orbs - just back out once chose all colorless ones in a set and try again. Thats how i got my Takumi. Just focus on that one color ...finishing a whole set for 20 orbs is overrated once you already have 2-3 good units.

Pejo

Beat that hard mode event map after 6 tries.

First map in the game I felt like I had to use strategy to beat. I was in and out, kiting and poking, attempting different approaches, etc.

How did you get past the first move? Either that archer fucks a flying unit or moving up a space on the left side gets me tag teamed by the mage and red sword guy.

The only thing I can think of is taking a dancer and poking in and out on the same move. Would that even work?

Joqu

Um is there anything I can do when I'm stuck in a loop since I can't rely on crits? Or do I seriously have to surrender and screw up my arena streak over this? :/

Quonny

How did you get past the first move? Either that archer fucks a flying unit or moving up a space on the left side gets me tag teamed by the mage and red sword guy.

The only thing I can think of is taking a dancer and poking in and out on the same move. Would that even work?

Basically I took my first turn getting everyone to the edge of the danger zone. Then the next turn I took Camilla to the Archer and one shot him, then moved my second tankiest unit to 'bait' one of the Mages. Camilla was left with 2 HP, then she ran away and baited units while my Tharja picked off a Mage. Then it was just baiting people into Camilla and Cordelia so they could brave weapon them down.

Hero

so I have a 5 star Lyn and a star Roy with a 4 star Cordelia. I really want a Takumi right now. Feeling like wiping my account and starting over. Has anyone else done this? =/

Pejo

Basically I took my first turn getting everyone to the edge of the danger zone. Then the next turn I took Camilla to the Archer and one shot him, then moved my second tankiest unit to 'bait' one of the Mages. Camilla was left with 2 HP, then she ran away and baited units while my Tharja picked off a Mage. Then it was just baiting people into Camilla and Cordelia so they could brave weapon them down.

Cool, I have those units, I'll give it a try.

Akuun

I find heavy units to be easy kills under AI control as they get left behind- either the computer charges or the player can manipulate the battle to leave the heavy 'till last or stuck in a queue at a choke point. Dancers do well on defence, as they open a lot of options for heavy damage/kills that the AI can exploit, and it makes the battlefield harder to read for the player as the potential threat radius of each character and number of enemy options are higher. Dancer combined with a strong ranged or cavalry unit is a good defence, I think.
That's what I was afraid of. I've noticed that heavies are easy to separate too.

I don't have a dancer or a good archer, so I guess I'll stick with a ninja as my ranged guy. In a perfect world, the ninja would debuff and then probably a flier would go in and finish them off, but that doesn't always happen.

I have a 4 star Sakura as my healer and while her upgraded two range heal is good, I feel like I prefer her closer 1 range heal because the target also benefits from def+ next turn because they were next to sakura when being healed.

It's small things like this that can make a break a good team formation, it's great.

I have Sakura too, and I came to the same conclusion. I bought her Physic but then later switched back to her Mend anyway. It's a stronger heal and her +def bonus is really good.

LogicStep

So i just downloaded the game. I've heard Austin or Patrick talking about how they install and reinstall the game in hopes of getting a good card? What should I look for before I start playing if I'm going to do that?

The End

So i just downloaded the game. I've heard Austin or Patrick talking about how they install and reinstall the game in hopes of getting a good card? What should I look for before I start playing if I'm going to do that?

Try for at least one 5 star hero, preferably one from the higher tiers on this chart

cktgczpehtv5haftp0g0.png

Akuun

5-star characters are the ones you want to look for, as those are the rarest ones. Particularly sought after are Hector (5-star armored guy) and Takumi (5-star archer) as they are both OP as fuck. Pretty much any of the lead characters in their respective Fire Emblem games, like Chrom, Marth, Lyn, etc. are good too.

PK Gaming

I finally, finally, FINALLY managed to get out of [no] 5 ★ hell, and damn, does it feel good

BR3WJJz.png

I can't hold all these dragon girls ♪

Quonny

Hoarded 60 gems, burned through 40 because I literally have zero healers and zero archers.

Got a couple healers, no Takumi though. Oh well. Now to level these peeps.

Sterok

How to beat Narcian Hard with Lucina, Young Tiki, Sophia, and Camilla. There's got to be a way to do it. Though maybe I should swap out Sophia or Camilla for Azama, my only trained healer right now.

Akuun

It's too bad about adult Tiki. I keep wanting to make her work in my team but she just isn't as good as the other reds. Her counterattack is nice, but she has neither the damage or defense to really play around it.

Either that or my Tiki has a crappy nature and I just don't know it.

Firemind

It's too bad about adult Tiki. I keep wanting to make her work in my team but she just isn't as good as the other reds. Her counterattack is nice, but she has neither the damage or defense to really play around it.

Either that or my Tiki has a crappy nature and I just don't know it.
She also doesn't have any good passives. Recovering 7 HP is pretty weak considering Fae gives +4/+4 Def/Res and -5 attack on opponents in a two range.

aett

Yeah this is what I fear. All this people getting Takumi are just feeding my confirmation bias that it's easy to get. If I were to spend 20 in 4 pulls the odds of getting one are pretty low.

My current team:
Someone tell me it is great and I don't need Takumi to feed my bias on the other direction :p

I've got Takumi but I'm jealous that you have M Robin and Peri at five-stars - mine are stuck at 4 and at this rate, it's gonna be months before I can promote them.

How to beat Narcian Hard with Lucina, Young Tiki, Sophia, and Camilla. There's got to be a way to do it. Though maybe I should swap out Sophia or Camilla for Azama, my only trained healer right now.

I had my camilla take out the archer in one turn then used her to lure narcian down to kill him. The other 3 were easy enough.

Who would be a better use of feathers to 5 star, Corbin (F) or Sharena?

Going to say Sharena because Corrin's debuffs are already pretty severe at 4*, only gaining an additional -2 Res at 5*. Sharena's got more to gain as she gets her -4 Atk debuff at 5*. That said, 4* Corrin's already a solid unit and an extra star can only make her better, so if she's a mainstay for you, her.

McBryBry

Current team right now.

Azura is 24
Lucina is 25
Robin is 27
Hawkeye is 24

I've jumped between a few axe users and Hawkeye has been the most useful so far. I used Eliwood until Lucina graced my team. Azura and Robin both came from my first pull. I've thought about using an archer but Azura is so damn useful.

Ninja Dom

Current team right now.

Azura is 24
Lucina is 25
Robin is 27
Hawkeye is 24

I've jumped between a few axe users and Hawkeye has been the most useful so far. I used Eliwood until Lucina graced my team. Azura and Robin both came from my first pull. I've thought about using an archer but Azura is so damn useful.

Will you not spend the feathers to increase their star ranking seeing as they're over Level 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom