• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally took out Narcian on hard.

Team:
40 Hector 5*
40+1 Takumi 5*
40 Effie 5*
40 Tiki (young) 5*

I died 4 times before I figured how to bait it properly with Tiki. (Hector and Takumi got wrecked when baiting)

Squarehard

He could only 5* Hawkeye anyways since the others are already 5*.

Plus, 20000 feathers from 4 to 5 isn't going to just dropped into his lap any time soon...only half of it. :D

Flo_Evans

The Narcian one? Yes it's hard. I can't do it.

That archer in hard is a son of a bitch. Tried 3 times this morning and blew all my stamina!

MtnYzGRl.jpg

Robin killing it on defense. 1 point away from max feathers!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah this is what I fear. All this people getting Takumi are just feeding my confirmation bias that it's easy to get. If I were to spend 20 in 4 pulls the odds of getting one are pretty low.

My current team:
Someone tell me it is great and I don't need Takumi to feed my bias on the other direction :p
I don't have Takumi either! And your team is good with that Robin and Camilla! :p

My current team goes 5* Lucina, 5* Camilla, 4* Felicia and 4* Sakura, so yours is probably way better than mine.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Out of curiosity, do the percentages go up the same amount if you summon 5 heroes in one round w/ no 5 Star vs. trying it one at a time?

If you see a Takumi on the other team you can pretty much know you aren't getting a good rating in Arena. God help you if there's more than one.

kswiston

I can't beat the level 35 version of the Narcian map... I think my level 37 Camilla is slightly too weak. If I use her to take out the archer, she has 8hp after taking a hit from Narcian and the Green mage. Even if I heal her to 18hp with Sakura, Narcian (who usually hits 11) kills her with his Vengeance skill.

I should try to level her to 38 and see if I get a point of Def or Res...

muu

Yeah this is what I fear. All this people getting Takumi are just feeding my confirmation bias that it's easy to get. If I were to spend 20 in 4 pulls the odds of getting one are pretty low.

My current team:
Someone tell me it is great and I don't need Takumi to feed my bias on the other direction :p

Your team looks great. I wouldn't sweat getting him if he isn't your husbando -- there's enough alternatives w/o him now, and that number is bound to increase in the future, esp if we experience power creep. FYI, I spent $80 on his focus gacha and got two Roys.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You were up to ten percent.

You have to add the fives together, the lowest you can actually be is six percent.

Ohhhh yeah, then I was at 10. I thought he meant 8.5 on just the one percentage, not both combined. I think Duckroll still has the record though.

Raysoul

I feel like the meta changed over night. All of a sudden everyone is running 5 star Robin and a dancer.

I actually realized that the current meta will only revolve on obtainable 5 star characters via summon. The current meta (Hector, Takumi, Robin) can easily be destroyed by a team with a 5 star Nino + a support.

mikemandey

Out of curiosity, do the percentages go up the same amount if you summon 5 heroes in one round w/ no 5 Star vs. trying it one at a time?

yes, it's the same. That's why it's better to pick specific orbs, lets say red and blue, and then pull out if there are none remaining.

Qwark

Ok, I'm clearly missing some advantage tactics here. I understand the color triangle, but sometimes even with that advantage I do 0 damage.

I know arrows are good against flying, and I think Falchion is good against dragons(?) What else? Is shuriken good against anything? I seem to have the most trouble against heavily armored knights.

Omnicent

Yes, that. Well all right then. Game should at least call it a draw or something. :/

They should, cause once I get my knights leveld (have 1 knight of each color at 5*) I'm making a knight comp, with 5* Takumi/Kagero/Robin (undecided).

Give your knights no weapon and aslong as 1 of your 2 knights counter the remaiining enemies and they do not have an armor buster, you might force them to surrender.

Would need some def and res buffing units though.

commish

I actually realized that the current meta will only revolve on obtainable 5 star characters via summon. The current meta (Hector, Takumi, Robin) can easily be destroyed by a team with a 5 star Nino + a support.

Considering the large number of defensive wins I have, I'm gonna have to say that lots of folks cannot counter this current meta. Most people don't have a 5 star Nino.

Zafir

Ok, I'm clearly missing some advantage tactics here. I understand the color triangle, but sometimes even with that advantage I do 0 damage.

I know arrows are good against flying, and I think Falchion is good against dragons(?) What else? Is shuriken good against anything? I seem to have the most trouble against heavily armored knights.
Magic is good against armoured units, or people with the armourslayer skill.

FiraB

Banned
Considering the large number of defensive wins I have, I'm gonna have to say that lots of folks cannot counter this current meta. Most people don't have a 5 star Nino.
Hector amd Robin are easy to take out, tsu seems to be the one most struggle with because he can wreck anything.

NawtKool

Neo Member
All these Robins make me cry. Beats out my Setsuna and Lucina, then proceeds to have 1 more speed at 29 to prevent my Camilla from 4-hitting em on offense.

Golnei

I haven't been pulling much, but I seem to be getting 5* somewhat regularly. Which would be great, if they weren't all the same character.

Gotchaye

Coming up on 20k feathers and trying to decide who to promote. My obvious gap is green, but 5* Catria could probably be replaced. I'm looking at either Abel or Anna. Abel will just delete any sword-user with 3 movement, his Brave Lance, and Swordbreaker. But Catria at least does an okay job of dealing with them now. Anna is a really neat character who can start teleporting around after she takes some damage and should be easy to position to take advantage of Vantage, but it's harder to see who she should replace.

Right now I'm running Lucina, baby Tiki, Takumi, and Catria. The obvious substitute is Anna for Lucina to get complete color coverage, but Lucina is really solid and her Falchion also comes in handy. Anna for Catria might also make sense. I can rely on my reds and Takumi to deal with their reds, and Anna takes care of the blues. She's got great natural Res and should deal with the more problematic ones like Robin and Nowi pretty easily.

kswiston

I'm debating whether to upgrade F Corrin or M Robin as my blue 5* when I hit 20k feather after this Arena.

I have 7 defence wins with Chrom, Takumi, Kagero, and Camilla. Right now, I think that Robin would be a better defensive 4th than Camilla, but I might wait for the next set of banners before deciding.

commish

I'm debating whether to upgrade F Corrin or M Robin as my blue 5* when I hit 20k feather after this Arena.

I have 7 defence wins with Chrom, Takumi, Kagero, and Camilla. Right now, I think that Robin would be a better defensive 4th than Camilla, but I might wait for the next set of banners before deciding.

Yeah my Robin is only 4 star. He's on the short list of units to upgrade first to 5*. I just fear upgrading him and then pulling him at 5*. For that reason alone I might do someone else.

What I really wish is that we could set different offensive and defensive teams.

Draxal

Coming up on 20k feathers and trying to decide who to promote. My obvious gap is green, but 5* Catria could probably be replaced. I'm looking at either Abel or Anna. Abel will just delete any sword-user with 3 movement, his Brave Lance, and Swordbreaker. But Catria at least does an okay job of dealing with them now. Anna is a really neat character who can start teleporting around after she takes some damage and should be easy to position to take advantage of Vantage, but it's harder to see who she should replace.

Right now I'm running Lucina, baby Tiki, Takumi, and Catria. The obvious substitute is Anna for Lucina to get complete color coverage, but Lucina is really solid and her Falchion also comes in handy. Anna for Catria might also make sense. I can rely on my reds and Takumi to deal with their reds, and Anna takes care of the blues. She's got great natural Res and should deal with the more problematic ones like Robin and Nowi pretty easily.

Imho, it depends on your mods for Abel. Even with his skill I still find him getting melted by casters. But if he has an ATK mod I'd promote him, but I might do Anna first.

I run the same team as you just having Robin instead of Catria, and blues are my weakness as well.

Linde, Nowi and Effie give me problems. Effie I can kite around easily, but Linde either kills one of my guys herself, or pressures my team to hard where I make a misplaym

OceanBlue

Yeah my Robin is only 4 star. He's on the short list of units to upgrade first to 5*. I just fear upgrading him and then pulling him at 5*. For that reason alone I might do someone else.

What I really wish is that we could set different offensive and defensive teams.

You can. Your defense team is always your first team.

I honestly have to wonder how the game formulates who you fight in the arena, because pretty much every time I fight there the team is super meta, which seems weird unless it's not random. Might also explain why nobody seems to be fighting my team (or if they are I'm constantly losing)

Ketch

Do I need a healer in my team?

Is
5*: Lucina, 4*: Able, Cecilia, Camilla

a good team?

Or should I throw Sakura in there for a dedicated healer?

commish

You can. Your defense team is always your first team.

Oh snap, had no idea, haha. I don't even have Takumi on my arena team then. Not sure what's tripping people up. I wish we could watch our defensive games. Other games years old offered this. Maybe they'll add it.

Draxal

Aren't mods reset when promoting unit ?

I don't think so.

Buy you can tell what mods your unit will get in the preview promotion screen and using a calculator (also account for the difference in mt of the four star weapon and five star).

Pretty sure my fem Corrin kept the same mods going from three to four but, I'll have to check again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom