• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

I don't think so.

Buy you can tell what mods your unit will get in the preview promotion screen and using a calculator (also account for the difference in mt of the four star weapon and five star).

Pretty sure my fem Corrin kept the same mods going from three to four but, I'll have to check again later.

Pretty sure units do not change anything when you promote them, whatever they were "baked as" is what they will remain. So you can get a 1Star with whatever nature, and it will remain that way 'til 5*.

Mupod

Is anyone except me is still playing with only their first roll ?

yeah, I don't do mobile gambling gaming typically and rerolling didn't cross my mind until long after I'd already linked my nintendo account. My second pull came with a 5* Lyn but other than that it's been a parade of garbage. I've got maybe one or two more batches of orbs I can easily get out of the story stuff and if I can't get a usable team going I guess I'm done.

Pejo

Welp, looks like I hit a brick wall until I level my units to 40. I was progressing on the story without much issue until Lunatic 8-5. Also can't beat the hard version of that new event dungeon

To the training tower I go.

Yes because my next rolls were utterly shit and at least the first one had 3 good 4 stars. Im still having a lot of trouble in every later stage because the iece of shit game doesnt want to give me 5 star characters.
This days im just collecting everything they are giving to us and not playing much more.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Welp, looks like I hit a brick wall until I level my units to 40. I was progressing on the story without much issue until Lunatic 8-5. Also can't beat the hard version of that new event dungeon

To the training tower I go.

Honestly you should be doing training tower missions anyway while the cost is half price. When the cost goes up to the normal amount, it's going to cut leveling speed down so much.

Pejo

Honestly you should be doing training tower missions anyway while the cost is half price. When the cost goes up to the normal amount, it's going to cut leveling speed down so much.

Oh is it half stamina right now? I thought that was just on the weekends.

Kinda. I started over after playing through the main campaign to re-roll for characters I liked more and conserve orbs. Since lucking up with a good starting pull, I've only spent orbs once, and that turned out to be a 3* Donnel. I'm sitting at 90 orbs now, probably gonna try and pull Camilla before the current selection changes.

In other news, I finally got 2* Narcian! That map is brutal without a tank or multiple solid flying units. I wonder if Reina or Shigure will come in as Kinshi Knights, and if so, will they use bows instead of lances. Having an easy counter for any flying unit over any terrain would be a very nice boost to a team.

Raysoul

Does her +3 Res passive boost it or does it only apply to temporary boosts?

I don't have any firm evidence on what adds to the bonus, but when she receive a buff from other characters, she does insane damage. I'll still get those resistance boosts as she can tank magic damage.

As for the discussion about the rolls, I also didn't reroll, and I don't have any 5 star character initially.

What determines how your attack arena rank rises?

I was 2729, did 7 more wins in a row, and I'm still 2729. Is it because the battles I chose were too easy?

Sölf

What determines how your attack arena rank rises?

I was 2729, did 7 more wins in a row, and I'm still 2729. Is it because the battles I chose were too easy?

Only your highest score within 7 wins counts. So if your second winning streak was lower than your first you would still only have your first counted.

redcrayon

I've not played a 'gacha' game before and didn't even know rerolling was possible until after I linked my account and started following this thread.

On my first pull I was lucky and got 5* Lucina and a bunch of 3* jobbers, and on my second I got 4* Cordelia and 4* Cecilia. My fourth pull got me 5* Camilla (so many names beginning with 'c'...), and as I'd pretty much exhausted the free orbs at that point that's formed the backbone of my team ever since.

I promoted Lissa all the way from 2* to a 4* level 30, she's been great too. As have Caeda and Draug. I've been using the training tower as much as possible to level up different units and try different tactics even with 2* and 3* characters, a lot of them have gone from initially useless to turning into solid performers once the stat reset at promotion kicks in.

I've completed the story content up to 8-5 on lunatic, with 25 orbs in reserve. Hoping for luck in the new banner next week! :D

Started yesterday. Didn't know so many people were rerolling. I ended up with some less than notable three stars, but I did get Lucina, Lyn, Jeorge, and Olivia. Buddy of mine told me they were worth keeping so I'm rolling with them.

I felt a little unlucky with my rolls first time through, saw that restarting was a thing so restarted and got Leo. Honestly, I'm not sure I would put him as S tier but for the fact that I have Olivia. That second turn means I can either fire twice and kill everyone dangerous to me, or get a free shot and run away. Unless I got a lot of blue, bad map, or Olivia gets killed early. But without her he would get killed a lot, and never use his insanely powerful blazing light.

Then, after four full summons and lots of three stars I got Takumi. And I feel like I'm cheating. I still don't know if I can beat Narcian, as I've been leveling Takumi first before I try again. And the problem I had before is that whoever I used to make the first move would get hit 2-3 times and die. Not sure if Takumi is sturdy enough for that, and I just don't have a tank of any sort.

One question. I have a four star Robin(m) and Olivia. Olivia's main utility is the extra turn, and she really only fights to kill weakened enemies for experience and if I have to leave her in danger zone to protest a more important character. So even though I have a low percent chance of pulling a 5* Robin eventually, I was leaning towards promoting him first. Any thoughts? Does 5* Olivia get any spectacular new benefits aside from better stars?

Voror

I am but then I also haven't done another roll yet and mainly have focused on training and only going to the story to unlock further levels for training.

My 4* Lon'qu and Tharja are both ready to move to 5*, but of course I don't have nearly enough feathers or crests for either of them.

As a game, actually anygood or does it just really pray on RNG and addictive tendencies?. I've never played a fire emblem game but I'm interested in trying a tactical RPG, but I have my doubts on how much strat goes into a game that relies on random characters.

As a game, actually anygood or does it just really pray on RNG and addictive tendencies?. I've never played a fire emblem game but I'm interested in trying a tactical RPG, but I have my doubts on how much strat goes into a game that relies on random characters.

It's the first Gacha game besides Puzzles and Dragons that I actually enjoy playing. The game is a delight to play.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

If you want to play a tactical RPG on your phone, just get something like FF Tactics. This game is not a good game in that regard (compared to full fledged releases), but, for what it is, it's great. Just have to have your expectations set accordingly.

It's RNG until you get good enough characters that make tactics start mattering over raw numbers.

Now that I have a solid team (5* Ryoma and Young Tiki + 4* Robin and Felisha, all up around level 30), strategy is definitely a bigger factor. It'll take some longer than others to get to that point, though.

Shun

Coming up on 20k feathers and trying to decide who to promote. My obvious gap is green, but 5* Catria could probably be replaced. I'm looking at either Abel or Anna. Abel will just delete any sword-user with 3 movement, his Brave Lance, and Swordbreaker. But Catria at least does an okay job of dealing with them now. Anna is a really neat character who can start teleporting around after she takes some damage and should be easy to position to take advantage of Vantage, but it's harder to see who she should replace.

Right now I'm running Lucina, baby Tiki, Takumi, and Catria. The obvious substitute is Anna for Lucina to get complete color coverage, but Lucina is really solid and her Falchion also comes in handy. Anna for Catria might also make sense. I can rely on my reds and Takumi to deal with their reds, and Anna takes care of the blues. She's got great natural Res and should deal with the more problematic ones like Robin and Nowi pretty easily.

How do you fair with neutral element battles though, that's the real question.

How well does Tiki/Lucina/Takumi hold up against just red without Katua support for your team?

These are the stat averages for Abel, without taking account for the +/- you might have.
44/41/27/25/25

These are the stat averages for Katua, before +/-
39/42/34/29/25

You said that she was +HP/-Speed; Mine is +Res/-HP
Yours: 42/42/31/29/25
Mine: 35/42/34/29/28

Depending on whether or not you can trigger ougi, really sets them apart. Katua has Luna while Abel has Aegis, both can trigger them reliably because Katua has high speed and Killer Lance for 2 hits, and Abel has Brave.

Abel may be able to take some hits extra when he can trigger it, but he will definitely have some trouble fighting against bulkier characters in blue because of his brave lance, versus Katua who can make up for her lower attack with Luna.

I find that Katua does much better in neutral battles against blue units with Luna, Abel can help with survivability if you have trouble with that.

These are the stat averages for Anna.
41/45/38/22/28

Along with her skill set she can be very scary to a lot of blues. This also means you really have to baby her as you go through all the other opponent reds so that she can get guaranteed kills. You will need to run separate teams for defense and offense arena because Anna AI isn't good enough to make use of her skill set.

In offense, you have to bank on the fact that you have at least 1 or 2 blues that Anna can take advantage of, and then hope that you can win the red/whites in neutral battle without advantage.

It's a gamble to make if you can't reliably take down other Falchion users and other reds between Tiki/Lucina/Takumi.

Taking away Lucina removes a hyper offensive red for guaranteed neutral kills, and enemy Tiki kills. Taking away Tiki means it's harder to tank against Hector and other reds.

Taking away Katua removes mobility and red support.

These are something that you might need to take into account for offensive team building since you're considering who to use your 20,000 feathers on and it is a big investment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I hope i can max lvl my 5* this weekend - after that i will start leveling my lower rarity units...have three 4* and Sully 3* to level.

It's the first Gacha game besides Puzzles and Dragons that I actually enjoy playing. The game is a delight to play.

Count shoot me an invite... 4150141711.
Wanted to add you but didnt find the your ID post on the last couple pages.

Was saving up for when Tellius characters drop but I had a hunch and pulled 5* star Marth (and 5* Camilla but who cares about her). I can die happy now.

I hope i can max lvl my 5* this weekend - after that i will start leveling my lower rarity units...have three 4* and Sully 3* to level.

Count shoot me an invite... 4150141711.
Wanted to add you but didnt find the your ID post on the last couple pages.

Sent.

If any other Gaffers want to add me.This is my foreal account and i haven' posted this one yet.

494 339 0135

redcrayon

The strategy is in the balance between the unit types. While some characters are more powerful than others, the core class mechanics of ninja>Mage>armour>infantry, or archer>flier, and the weapon/magic triangles mean that the core of a strategy game is very much there. They've done a great job of scaling down the movement too, with armour=1, infantry=2, cavalry=3 and flier=2+ ignore terrain being a really good simplification of their manouverability in the main games.

While it is unbalanced in that whales can just force their way into a good team by throwing money at it, the arena pays out not just for rank but for your highest attacking score and highest defending score regardless of everyone else. You can only play seven matches and not even get ranked and still get loads of feathers if you play well. Strong teams are led by poor AI that gives you a massive raw advantage even if on paper the enemy outclass you, that's something from the console games too. Once you realise that the computer prioritises damage and KOing units over everything else, you can bait it into doing pretty much what you want.

All in all I think it's done a pretty good job- if you hate the very concept of gacha whalehunts, you'll hate this too, try any of the main games instead. If you can stomach it and just want to sample the mechanics and see what the fuss is about, it's a good shrunk-down introduction to the series, with its core mechanics largely in play and the bonus of the immediacy of a mobile game.

I've seen some people say it's just an FE skin over a gacha game, but I think that's a bit unfair to the work that's gone into rescaling a bite size FE battle into a phone screen. I've played hundreds of hours of the main FE games and the battles here contain a lot of the classes, skills and mechanics reworked for short play in a couple of minutes. There's been a lot of thought go into it that is overshadowed by the usual immediate obsession of some gamers with focussing only on beating others online with as powerful a team as they can buy. There's a lot of far more interesting skirmishes to be had with weaker teams too if you decide you can't be arsed to fight people who've spent several hundred pounds rolling for multiples of the best units.

I play a lot of strategy games, haven't paid a penny yet and have had a blast so far. For me the test will be how appealing it is in a month's time when the initial promotions have tailed off and resources are more scarce. If it gets to the point where payment is needed to advance rather than just regular play, I'll drop it like a rock and go back to the regular games and Xcom etc. I'm interested to see what the line-up of promotions is like. It's been promising so far.

Malakhov

Banned
I thought we could get blue badges in the training tower above the 6th one? I don't see them anywhere and haven't got one besides the 15 you start with. I need 5 more to upgrade Robin.

PsionBolt

I thought we could get blue badges in the training tower above the 6th one? I don't see them anywhere and haven't got one besides the 15 you start with. I need 5 more to upgrade Robin.

The badges that drop in the tower are different each day. I believe blue badges drop on Wednesdays.

Fishious

Beat Narcian Hard last night with:
5* Lucina lv 39
5* Jakob lv 37
4* Abel lv 37
4* Azuma lv 32

Took 2 tries. Only lost the first time because I accidently buffed Lucina using Jakob rather than having him attack the caster on the other side of her. Tried it again doing all the same actions, only not screwing up this time and won. I had Abel tank the first set of hits to coax the enemies into attacking, retreated him and began healing, had Lucina rush in to kill Narcian, then turtled. I used the choke point to my advantage so only 1 ranged character could attack each turn and manipulated the AI into using disadvantageous units so my characters could actually soak the hits, then rushed in for the kill.

I figured I'd give my experience since I've seen several posters saying you need a strong tank to win this. And while I think my team is probably well above average, it's not one of those crazy 4 x 5* teams people keep posting. So if you've got even one of those strong 5* banner units plus a well rounded, high level team it should be possible.

Venfayth

My Lyn is level 40 and needs 300 SP yet to get Galeforce. What is the best way to get her SP up? Does she really need to kill 100 units?

Kitoro

To those with Lucina, do you even use Aether, or just stick with Luna? 5 turns is a long time for an ability cooldown without Azura or Olivia in the party...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom