• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrayon

My Lyn is level 40 and needs 300 SP yet to get Galeforce. What is the best way to get her SP up? Does she really need to kill 100 units?
Hit the training tower, you're going to be in there a lot to get the badges to upgrade anyone who isn't 5* anyway. Do it before Feb 20 when the stamina cost to train doubles :D

To those with Lucina, do you even use Aether, or just stick with Luna? 5 turns is a long time for an ability cooldown without Azura or Olivia in the party...
I've been struggling with this too, especially since she self heals already it seems like it's not entirely worth the extra two turns

redcrayon

To those with Lucina, do you even use Aether, or just stick with Luna? 5 turns is a long time for an ability cooldown without Azura or Olivia in the party...
I stick with Luna- she gets health back every third turn anyway, and she's usually in the thick of the fight so getting two specials off rather than one is better for me.

kswiston

Nintendo should permanently keep the training stamina at the half price costs. It's not like you get a ton of runs out of the top floors as it is.

jph139

I use Aether. But she's by far my strongest unit, so it comes in handy when the rest of my team is dead and I still need her to power through for a win.

Ndayday

Neo Member
This special map is fucking me up jesus my team sucks.
Can't even bait since my only flier is weak as hell.

It really is hard. Especially if you only have a specific team ready.
I'm sitting on a team of 5 stars and I barely won by using Hawkeye as bait. Thank god for his high Res.

redcrayon

It really is hard. Especially if you only have a specific team ready.
I'm sitting on a team of 5 stars and I barely won by using Hawkeye as bait. Thank god for his high Res.
I think it's only hard because of lack of options for most players on day 7. Most of us have been sticking to one strong relatively balanced team, and it can either handle this or it can't. In a couple of months time (if I'm still playing) I imagine I'll have several high level team combinations I could throw at a problem, tailoring colours and classes to the map. At the moment I've only really got a handful of characters high level enough to take on the map at the hard difficulty and they aren't really that well suited to it. Also I don't want to waste stamina trying things out when I can spend it on the training tower, levelling up the 2* version and several others, at half cost instead.

studyguy

I have a solution, but not one that I can put together in any reasonable amount of time considering what level my reserves have to be in order to bulk up enough to get decent. Gotta struggle in the meantime.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Btw, if you have a character that's not level 1 or 40, any way to figure out what his/her IVs are?

My Level 26 5* Takumi has:
31 HP
42 Attack
17 Def
24 Spd
9 Res

I'm thinking I have low Res, and probably high attack?

gaiages

Banned
All these talks of IVs and natures, it's looks like Fire Emblem has turned into Pokémon ;p

I haven't even bothered to try the hard Grand Battle. I could probably pull it off if I wanted, but my party's not really ideal to tank hits so it's just dicey, and I don't have a decent enough healer that can keep themselves and my units alive. It's okay, I'll just keep his 2* version :p

(oh and I added people from the last couple of pages so I'm not just a rando ;))

gaiages

Banned
Btw, if you have a character that's not level 1 or 40, any way to figure out what his/her IVs are?

My Level 26 5* Takumi has:
31 HP
42 Attack
17 Def
24 Spd
9 Res

I'm thinking I have low Res, and probably high attack?

I don't know how to look it up, but compared to my lvl 37 Takumi...
Hp 39
Atk 45
Spd 34
Def 19
Res 16

I'm thinking your assumption is right :p

Then again I don't actually know which + and - my Takumi has either, so it might just be that I happen to have +Res and -Atk :p

Moonlight

Banned
I should have, didn't realize I would run into this predicament!
tbh Galeforce isn't that much better than Astra, arguably a bit worse in some respects. It doesn't change your immediate damage output so you can't ORKO things that would otherwise need to be killed in two hits, for one. Plus the five turn cooldown is pretty significant and Lyn isn't durable enough to withstand more than one enemy with initiative, so you can't reliably use her to sweep enemies on enemy phase and expect Galeforce to be up when you start your turn again.

There are times it really comes in handy, but there are also times I think to myself I'd rather have Astra equipped, lol

Draxal

I don't know how to look it up, but compared to my lvl 37 Takumi...
Hp 39
Atk 45
Spd 34
Def 19
Res 16

I'm thinking your assumption is right :p

Then again I don't actually know which + and - my Takumi has either, so it might just be that I happen to have +Res and -Atk :p

You have plus SPD minus DEF.

Ndayday

Neo Member
I think it's only hard because of lack of options for most players on day 7. Most of us have been sticking to one strong relatively balanced team, and it can either handle this or it can't. In a couple of months time (if I'm still playing) I imagine I'll have several high level team combinations I could throw at a problem, tailoring colours and classes to the map. At the moment I've only really got a handful of characters high level enough to take on the map at the hard difficulty and they aren't really that well suited to it. Also I don't want to waste stamina trying things out when I can spend it on the training tower, levelling up the 2* version and several others, at half cost instead.

Yeah definitely a wake-up-call. The only really hard things the game had before this was late Lunatic missions. I like that this provided actual challenge though, whereas the daily events seem more like freebies in case you need to fill out your roster.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
How do you tell these IVs/natures/whatever? Is this why my Hinoka sucks?

Level 30
hp 37
atk 31
spd 18
def 21
res 22

Baliis

Managed to just break 4k arena points with a 4003. Had a pretty solid string of red units that Florina and Robin could mow down with Takumi on fliers and Camilla to rush people and be bait for mages.

OceanBlue

+ATK Lilina is lol. 56 ATK + 4 from Spur gives her just enough to one-shot Takumi without +HP or +RES (I think he has 40 HP + 18 RES). Otherwise I'm just sad since I'm not using Robin. It's risky but fun stuff.

Skii

Any tips for Narcian event? My team is above the required level but because you can only get one unit through the choke at a time, they are completely destroyed and you lose. It's ridiculous.

My team is Takumi, Lyn, Cordelia and Raven. I send Takumi through and he beats 3 of them with counter but dies to Narcian. I can't send Lyn through as she gets killed and my other 2 units are garbage basically.

NawtKool

Neo Member
FFS. Guess I gotta wait another 15 stamina.
M5Iad9D.png

On the other hand, I'm even madder it took me so long to solve this map considering how all I did was try a different (super obvious) approach.

redcrayon

Yeah definitely a wake-up-call. The only really hard things the game had before this was late Lunatic missions. I like that this provided actual challenge though, whereas the daily events seem more like freebies in case you need to fill out your roster.
Agree entirely. It's only been the last few lunatic missions that have offered any challenge to me too, considering that I didn't reroll or pay for anything. I liked having a mission pop up that kicked my lazy arse and said "do you remember how to play FE or not" :D

Meier

Finally got another 5* after three or four 5 pulls without one.. got a second Lilina. I like her a lot so should I just run with two of her or should I merge them? What is the general consensus on merging 5*'s?

Whizkid7

Any tips for Narcian event? My team is above the required level but because you can only get one unit through the choke at a time, they are completely destroyed and you lose. It's ridiculous.

My team is Takumi, Lyn, Cordelia and Raven. I send Takumi through and he beats 3 of them with counter but dies to Narcian. I can't send Lyn through as she gets killed and my other 2 units are garbage basically.

The simplest answer? Don't try to go through the choke. Bait them to come down it at you. I was able to clear the map with Roy, Raven, F!Corrin and Lucina by baiting them down and forcing THEM to be the ones to come through one at a time.

Has there been any indication that they might start raising the stam cap? Not having it go up by leveling up is just insane. 50 stam is like 2-3 mathches a day

Skii

The simplest answer? Don't try to go through the choke. Bait them to come down it at you. I was able to clear the map with Roy, Raven, F!Corrin and Lucina by baiting them down and forcing THEM to be the ones to come through one at a time.

But you cant bait them. They simply wont move until you're in the danger zone and if any of my units are, they all will kill them. It's just terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom