• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

Oh god, that sounds horrible

It's how they keep people pulling after they have a solid team. That, and power creep.

You might be able to do the Hard maps with any balanced team but likely some Insanity maps or whatever will be much easier with specific weapon-typed teams.

It's just how these games are.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's how they keep people pulling after they have a solid team. That, and power creep.

You might be able to do the Hard maps with any balanced team but likely some Insanity maps or whatever will be much easier with specific weapon-typed teams.

It's just how these games are.

I suspect a lot of people who have never done the gacha thing will be in for a very rude awakening with this game. I'm sure the game will be fun, but once you hit that wall...

Muffmuff

Neo Member
I suspect a lot of people who have never done the gacha thing will be in for a very rude awakening with this game. I'm sure the game will be fun, but once you hit that wall...

would be cool if nintendo uses the game like a marketing campaign to push the brand - enough orbs everyday!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I'm really curious to how people will react.

Like entitled babies, is how I'm guessing, with a fair helping of mobile whining. After a month or two, it will settle down into a good community of FE and gacha fans.

I must admit i'm kinda happy hearing we'll only be rocking 4 peeps in a map. I often find I enjoy most SRPGs at the start when you've only got a few units but once you start getting into the 8+ numbers I usually lose interest. I'd be happy to fight against a lot more than just 4 though, as long as I don't have to control more than that myself :p

You know, I never thought about that for Heroes, but I feel the same way. That was one thing I noticed playing Awakening and Fates (the only FEs I've gotten far enough in), that when it got to the huge teams I had to manage, I started to feel bogged down and the gameplay felt somewhat tedious. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm looking forward to the game even more now. =]

Sadly, I feel four is not quite enough people. I wonder if I will have to leave out a healer. Maybe a mage will be able to do double-duty.

But I trust IS knows what they are doing and the game involves enough strategy.
For me I always felt that more limited resources felt more strategic to me. Whenever SRPGs start expanding the number of units you can field I start to feel less invested due to having my focus spread across a larger area/crowd of people and like I have more room for error. Heck, I almost feel that a lot of maps often try and give you busy-work to justify the large numbers, like the ones where your thief is off racing an enemy thief to a chest or the like to keep them occupied :p

edit:
You know, I never thought about that for Heroes, but I feel the same way. That was one thing I noticed playing Awakening and Fates (the only FEs I've gotten far enough in), that when it got to the huge teams I had to manage, I started to feel bogged down and the gameplay felt somewhat tedious. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm looking forward to the game even more now. =]
Glad it's not just me :D

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Like entitled babies, is how I'm guessing, with a fair helping of mobile whining. After a month or two, it will settle down into a good community of FE and gacha fans.
lol Gacha fans don't exist, we just tolerate it because it's free. :p

darklin0

Banned
lol Gacha fans don't exist, we just tolerate it because it's free. :p

We do exist!

4GZ7PJV.gif

yami4ct

In a weird defense of gacha, there is something fun to me of making the best of your resources in a well balanced gacha. Finding ways to win without access to ideal sets can be really fun

Well, I mean, the game officially launches in the US tomorrow.

Getting the jpn apk when it releases today doesn't guarantee it's going to be english. As far as I know anyway.

Yui

Knowing my Gacha games, even if we get the game tonight, it will probably be anything but playable for the first couple of hours
/days

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Knowing my Gacha games, even if we get the game tonight, it will probably be anything but playable for the first couple of hours
/days

Correction - game will be playable, but us gacha crazies will not be playing for the first few days while we reroll for that 5* starter.

Sölf

What is this wall (rude awakening) people are speaking of?

That moment when instead of being able to play nonstop you have to either wait or pay money to play.

Well, or when you actually get walled and have to draw to continue and can only rely on daily quests or your money.

Kouriozan

The server is going to burn anyway, I'm not that impatient.
Tiers list is going to be difficult to do the first few days.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What is this wall (rude awakening) people are speaking of?

You will have a VERY hard time progressing without buying new units or whatever premium options exist. Not impossible, but VERY hard. Not hard like Ninja Gaiden on max difficulty (possible but infuriating)...Hard like, "Lol your base attack will always do 1 damage because you don't have the flavor of the week monster" kind of shit.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't let that happen...

JJH

After this comes out I've played more Nintendo games on my iPhone than on Nintendo hardware so far this year.

raw

Pachimari

Sölf;229533155 said:
That moment when instead of being able to play nonstop you have to either wait or pay money to play.

Well, or when you actually get walled and have to draw to continue and can only rely on daily quests or your money.

You will have a VERY hard time progressing without buying new units or whatever premium options exist. Not impossible, but VERY hard. Not hard like Ninja Gaiden on max difficulty (possible but infuriating)...Hard like, "Lol your base attack will always do 1 damage because you don't have the flavor of the week monster" kind of shit.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't let that happen...
Oh is that what I am kind of experiencing in Brave Exvius now? Where I got no energy, and no lapis so I need to either wait for my energy to refill or pay up.

Kitoro

Do we know if featured units like Lucina and Marth start at a base 5*, or if they can be attained at lower rarities?

I'd gladly resist re-rolling if I roll a 3 or 4* version of a feature character, if I know I can eventually promote them to 5* down the line.

I think that'd be too good to be true, and I'd imagine they'd start at least as a 4* base, though.

kswiston

Do we know if featured units like Lucina and Marth start at a base 5*, or if they can be attained at lower rarities?

I'd gladly resist re-rolling if I roll a 3 or 4* version of a feature character, if I know I can eventually promote them to 5* down the line.

I think that'd be too good to be true, and I'd imagine they'd start at least as a 4* base, though.

If it's like brave exvius, you will be able to rank them up to 5*. But some units will have higher starting points and some will have lower rarity caps.

If I know anything about gacha games (and I probably don't lol), then I assume the characters with 5* rarity will be stronger than the characters you get at lower rarities and train all the way up to 5*. Which kinda goes against the Fire Emblem spirit, but oh well :p

sj00

If I know anything about gacha games (and I probably don't lol), then I assume the characters with 5* rarity will be stronger than the characters you get at lower rarities and train all the way up to 5*. Which kinda goes against the Fire Emblem spirit, but oh well :p

Nope! With a lot of gacha games the 5* you get from the gacha itself is just as powerful as if you were to get 3* and raise it to 5*. It just saves you a lot of resources.

All units of any star rank (even below 3*) can be made 5* in this game. I don't know if certain units have predisposed ranks though.

Nope! With a lot of gacha games the 5* you get from the gacha itself is just as powerful as if you were to get 3* and raise it to 5*. It just saves you a lot of resources.

Interesting! I guess I take gacha games to be more cash-grabby than they really are.

But it doesn't.

Interesting! I guess I take gacha games to be more cash-grabby than they really are.

Time is money and don't forget you need to level your characters to their max level AND consume resources of currently unknown scarcity. You also need to do this for each rank increase (and the required resources also jump).

So good luck with 1* to 5*.

For the devoted, it's a great option though.

But it doesn't.

I meant that it seems opposite to the usual tradition of the characters you get at low levels eventually becoming stronger than the characters you get at higher levels once you train them.

Time is money and don't forget you need to level your characters to their max level AND consume resources of currently unknown scarcity. You also need to do this for each rank increase (and the required resources also jump).

So good luck with 1* to 5*.

For the devoted, it's a great option though.

Ah, that does make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom