• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem if |Import OT| ~Should I Marry My Siblings Or Should I Kill Them?~

That is fucking DARK holy shit.

It also makes me want the game less now that it was ruined since it was initially up without spoilers so THANKS. :I

Draxal

Yeah, this game is going to be pretty dark if it goes like the Kindaichi series (it's a detective conan like manga and the motives get pretty heavy at times). I know he's done other stuff, but it's the only work of his that I've seen.

imageyou6e.jpg

It's on!

Draxal

So yeah, some of the support spoilers are coming out and fire emblem is getting so weird. I really don't like where this is going.

Enjoy it, you lucky son of a gun!
Thanks!

So I was pretty much on a media blackout, so if this is not news to you guys, just ignore it.

Before you start the game it let's you choose the difficulty: Normal, Hard, Lunatic.

As for death scenario, there are three modes as well: Phoenix, Casual, Classic.

If you side with Nohr,
Sakura dies horribly in front of you
If you pick Hoshido,
you have to aid in killing Camilla, who sobs and begs you to tell her why you hate her now.

So, which 'kin' is easier to put down?
Fking hell. I hope we
don't have to kill either girls in 3rd dlc story

Character selection: Boy, Girl, Man or Woman.

Followed by hair style, hair color, eye shapes, facial features, voice type, name choice, birthday, strength, weakness and finally class.

If you side with Nohr,
Sakura dies horribly in front of you
If you pick Hoshido,
you have to aid in killing Camilla, who sobs and begs you to tell her why you hate her now.

So, which 'kin' is easier to put down?

On the one hand, Nohr is back to basics FE.

On the other hand, picking Hoshido will get rid of that crap.

It's a tough choice.

I'm a baby and don't understand this whole different versions and dlc thing so someone tell me if I've got this wrong:

In order to play both scenarios I need to buy two copies of the game right? And the DLC is just an extra thing that has nothing to with which version you buy? It's essentially just an extra quest on top of the main game?

I'm a baby and don't understand this whole different versions and dlc thing so someone tell me if I've got this wrong:

In order to play both scenarios I need to buy two copies of the game right? And the DLC is just an extra thing that has nothing to with which version you buy? It's essentially just an extra quest on top of the main game?

You should ALSO have a DLC available that unlocks the path from the second version.

So yeah, some of the support spoilers are coming out and fire emblem is getting so weird. I really don't like where this is going.
It's basically an idea factory game, or one of those lewd vita games. That's what FE is now, take it or leave it.

The only thing left is to hope the balance/gameplay/map design is improved from Awakening. Haven't seen anything convincing in that regard yet.

L95

Kinda, you can buy one physical copy(let's say Nohr/Conquest route), now you want the other one (Hoshido/Birthright), you can either download Hoshido for a 50% discount or buy another physical copy, though going digital has all your save files together. (this discount is not confirmed for the US, but I'd hope they bring that as well...)

The third DLC is the same length as the first two, and is another version of the story where the MC does his own thing instead of siding.

Chaos17

Not quite.
1) You buy the physical release of the side you want to play first
2) If you want to play the other side story, you buy it digitaly to get a discount (so you won't buy at full price again)
3) No the DLC, is the third path, the neutral path you can choose.

If you go 100% Digital, you will download the first 2 stories and you will get a cutscene in game after the intro to choose which side you want (saw it in the Tree house). We don't know when the neutral path choice appear though at this point.

Out of context any dialogs from any games can sound weird, imo.

Aizo

Banned
If you have it pre-loaded on 3ds, looks like we don't have to wait until midnight. Mine just unlocked.

Kinda, you can buy one physical copy(let's say Nohr/Conquest route), now you want the other one (Hoshido/Birthright), you can either download Hoshido for a 50% discount or buy another physical copy, though going digital has all your save files together. (this discount is not confirmed for the US, but I'd hope they bring that as well...)

The third DLC is the same length as the first two, and is another version of the story where the MC does his own thing instead of siding.
Pretty much. There are three paths pretty much: Good, Neutral, and Evil.
The Neutral path will be DLC later on. My guess is by the end of this year.

Digital includes chapters 1-5 and can download a path when you pick it. Physical has all chapters, but only one path.
Neutral path is DLC only.

Draxal

It's basically an idea factory game, or one of those lewd vita games. That's what FE is now, take it or leave it.

The only thing left is to hope the balance/gameplay/map design is improved from Awakening. Haven't seen anything convincing in that regard yet.

Map design is improved, i'm not complaing about the lewd stuff since that won't come over here. This is more story based.

Spoilers for some of support converstaions from Nohr Side, that go heavily into characters background.

not Inigo/Owain/Severa are the same Inigo/Owain/Severa that traveled into the past in Awakening. They're not expies, they're the real deal, and its so convoluted now

Map design is improved, i'm not complaing about the lewd stuff since that won't come over here. This is more story based.

Spoilers for some of support converstaions from Nohr Side, that go heavily into characters background.

not Inigo/Owain/Severa are the same Inigo/Owain/Severa that traveled into the past in Awakening. They're not expies, they're the real deal, and its so convoluted now

what

Lunar15

Wait, what. So much for this game's story avoiding a nonsense plot.

You should ALSO have a DLC available that unlocks the path from the second version.

Not quite.
1) You buy the physical release of the side you want to play first
2) If you want to play the other side story, you buy it digitaly to get a discount (so you won't buy at full price again)
3) No the DLC, is the third path, the neutral path you can choose.

If you go 100% Digital, you will download the first 2 stories and you will get a cutscene in game after the intro to choose which side you want (saw it in the Tree house). We don't know when the neutral path choice appear though at this point.

Ah I see, ok, thanks guys. This actually makes me look forward to the game a little more now! Was kinda salty that we were getting some weird pay double the price kinda thing. Would still rather one complete game where the split could be done in one file and you have the option to go back and do it again in another but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

what the fuck

Xenoflare

Oh Jesus Christ.

Wow uh. No. This is just

No

Edit
What about the Hoshido children that are basically NotGaius and NotCordelia?

Yeah, it has a different storyline to that of the two games. Also, it's just as long as either of the 2 games. BTW, just in case you didn't know, you can buy the game that you didn't buy as DLC for half the price.

EDIT: Wow, I was so late on posting this :)

haha I love it

Chaos17

Ah I see, ok, thanks guys. This actually makes me look forward to the game a little more now! Was kinda salty that we were getting some weird pay double the price kinda thing. Would still rather one complete game where the split could be done in one file and you have the option to go back and do it again in another but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Personaly, after reading the Iwata ask, I wonder if it's not because of problem space on cadridge that they decided to split the stories. Music/sound files can take a lot of place but I'm not sure since I don't know what it the maximum size of game we can have on 3DS.

Oh Jesus Christ.

Wow uh. No. This is just

No

Edit
What about the Hoshido children that are basically NotGaius and NotCordelia?

They've been put in Fates because they were the most popular result of a poll made in Japan. That's why Nintendo used them again.
To please to fans.

Personaly, after reading the Iwata ask, I wonder if it's not because of problem space on cadridge that they decided to split the stories. Music/sound files can take a lot of place but I'm not sure since I don't know what it the maximum size of game we can have on 3DS.
4GB is the max. I'm not sure if there's 8GB cart at the moment. Biggest game is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3.6GB), followed up by JP copy of Devil Survivor 2: Break Record (3.5GB)

......SHIT WHY DID I CLICK THIS

I'm not even sure how to FEEL

Oh Jesus Christ.

Wow uh. No. This is just

No

haha I love it

neogaf.gif

Xenoblade 3D is 3.6 GiB, so it sounds like 4 GiB carts are available though expensive. I don't think that's the reason though.

Top Bottom