• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at THE FLASH [Extended trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

i started arrow this month and finished season 1, starting 2 now..

wtf got into CW? did they get new people in charge? how are they producing such high quality shit now

Kyuur

Went to post that this looked like shit effects wise, then I read it was a TV series so that explains it I suppose. Was kind of excited for a movie. :/

ReiGun

That is not even the worse thing that happens in the story.

Right.

Deathstroke was in prime "unbeatable Gary Stu" mode in that issue, so much so even Batgod would have thought it was a bit much. Taking down Flash, Zatanna, the Elongated Man, Hawkman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern all at the same time with nothing but standard gear? Even if it was only for a minute, that was fuck shit. Especially from a man who can barely beat the Teen Titans.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I am nitpicking and this is supposed to pass as a human model. Sure. Lol.
iVYaG9lbvjI62.gif

:shrugs

it's a, at most, 1 second shot. The close ups while running at superspeed are much worse.

i started arrow this month and finished season 1, starting 2 now..

wtf got into CW? did they get new people in charge? how are they producing such high quality shit now

It's an anomaly. The rest of their stuff is still pretty bad. I tried watching The Tomorrow People and The 100 and couldn't make it through the pilot of either.

Effect

It's an anomaly. The rest of their stuff is still pretty bad. I tried watching The Tomorrow People and The 100 and couldn't make it through the pilot of either.

The Tomorrow People got better. Wish it got picked up for a second season. I dropped The 100 after the second or third episode I think.

That trailer looked amazing

My prediction for who is the person who kills Barry's parents

Tom Cavanagh's character. The wheelchair bound scientist. I'm sure at some point he attempts to recreate what he did with the creation of flash to be able to walk again. It woks sort of. Eventually he gets twisted, goes back in time to kill Barry's folks to ensure a flash exists so he will exist.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's the Pilot episode. None of the CGI in it is a good representative of what the regular season stuff anyways (whether it's good or bad). You're nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.

You mean they'll put all the budget in the pilot episode and go for much lower quality afterwards?

Iris West is sexy as hell in this. Poor Felicity doesn't stand a chance. Her being black in this incarnation threw me off but I like it.

Slayven

Right.

Deathstroke was in prime "unbeatable Gary Stu" mode in that issue, so much so even Batgod would have thought it was a bit much. Taking down Flash, Zatanna, the Elongated Man, Hawkman, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and Green Lantern all at the same time with nothing but standard gear? Even if it was only for a minute, that was fuck shit. Especially from a man who can barely beat the Teen Titans.

I was talking about why the whole thing was going down in the first place.

You mean they'll put all the budget in the pilot episode and go for much lower quality afterwards?

Pilots have a separate budget because it's a single show and that they're trying to sell. Once a show gets picked up, the budget they get applies for the whole season. So sometimes you'll find that shows won't end up looking as good during the season or that some episodes look better than others, as the Producers allocate the budget per episode on everything from cast, guest stars, sets, CGI,... literally everything.

Sometimes the opposite happens as well, where sets or lighting or costumes get better than the pilot but it's a bit more rare I believe.

Rootbeer

Banned
I almost can't believe that this is REALLY happening... the production values look fantastic. Finally we have reached the point where we can get REAL superheroes on TV, not pseudo-heroes like we saw in Smallville (particularly the earlier season).

I am still catching up with Arrow... i'm on season 1 but I really like it, and heared season 2 is a lot better. But THIS... this looks way more interesting, we'll see!

Slayven

I don't know any of these except Guy, who doesn't count on account of being awful.

Star Fox is Thanos' littler brother, Atlas was in The Thunderbolts, best damn team book that no one reads. Jackpot is a spiderman character, Syren is an X-person, and Crystal is Johnny Storm's and Quicksliver's ex.

DaveH

Wally was Big Five, Magnificent Seven for nigh 20 years... examples of obscure characters doesn't address underrepresentation.

(Also Siryn's claim to fame should be Peter David's X-Factor)

Slayven

Wally was Big Five, Magnificent Seven for nigh 20 years... examples of obscure characters doesn't address underrepresentation.

Going by that example everyone one but white males are underrepresented. And they are. And Guy Gardner was in the Justice League for a good minute during Wally's "Slow mental block" years.

DaveH

"Nice to see that Asian fella represent on the Walking Dead."
"Yeah, but there's tons of Asians on the Sinovision Cable Access channel!"
"..."

Wiktor

FUCK MAN!!!!! Trailers like this makes me wish both Arrow and the Flash are on HBO instead of the CW, and have like 10-13 episodes per season to retain that standard of quality television. Also, if people are already pretty impressed with the CGI in a budget like this, just imagine how good it will look when the Flash eventually gets his own movie.
Either way, THIS FALL SEASON IS GOING TO BE INSANE!!
I would like bigger budget, but 10-13 episoes? Screw that. This is good for dramas, but for superhero shows it's just way to little. Those are the kind of stories that can actually use 20+episodes in season. And I would rather take twice as many eps with lower quality CG than the other way around.

Slayven

I would like bigger budget, but 10-13 episoes? Screw that. This is good for dramas, but for superhero shows it's just way to little. Those are the kind of stories that can actually use 20+episodes in season. And I would rather take twice as many eps with lower quality CG than the other way around.

And just because it is on HBO doesn't mean the budget will be huge. Game of Thrones is made on peanuts.

Zero315

Banned
More like they are trolling. Not like I made this and decided to show it off to everyone.

You guys gonna jump on everybody who'll point out anything not super positive about this?

If they'll smear some shit with crayons on piece of paper and call it action scene, you gonna defend it too?

Get a grip GAF. This looks like rejected cartoon test model from random 3D arts student, and you jump on me like I broke The Flash.

Because compared to other CGI I've seen on TV, that actually doesn't look that bad.

Check this shit out from Turn:

Or hell, just go watch any episode of Once Upon a Time or its spin-off to see some really fucking awful CGI.

Can't wait for Slade to kick his ass

z5ZGnUb.jpg

If he can catch an arrow, why can't he keep himself from running into a sword? Nitpicking, I know, but that breaks my suspension of disbelief.

The musk of raw manly awesomeness coming off of Slade blinds Flash momentarily. That is why he didn't see the sword.

A friend just told me that Arrow is canceled, too. Where is this rumor coming from?

Fools, that's where.

DieH@rd

Banned
That trailer looked amazing

My prediction for who is the person who kills Barry's parents

Tom Cavanagh's character. The wheelchair bound scientist. I'm sure at some point he attempts to recreate what he did with the creation of flash to be able to walk again. It woks sort of. Eventually he gets twisted, goes back in time to kill Barry's folks to ensure a flash exists so he will exist.

Nope. Look at the casting names in the op, you will find the person who killed Flash's mom there.
Detective Eddie Thawne [Zoom] :)

Prediction

Wheelchair guy is evil

Nope. He will be either good guy throughout entire show, or will die during first few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom