• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look: CW's Supergirl & Superman Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

First Look: CW's SUPERGIRL & SUPERMAN Together

It's a family reunion as the CW has released the first photos of Melissa Benoist's Supergirl with Tyler Hoechlin's Superman, who will debut in the role in Supergirl's upcoming second season. The costume design is by Kiersten Ronning.

Somewhat curious, however, is CW waiting until five days after Comic-Con International: San Diego to make such a big reveal.

13892062_166913667052659_2174400278425199594_n.jpg

Cavil is kind of a creep and can't carry a movie, but people would really prefer that guy as the DC(C?)U's Superman?
Looks like fanfilm budget Superman.

His boots remind me of Captain America's costume from Avengers.

Actor seems good for the role but the costume is strangely a cheaper version of the current movie suit. Would've been wiser to emulate a more classic look; be it Donner's or DEAN CAIN.

I actually like the actor and think he can fit the role

But not sure what's going on here, does not look good. Maybe bad photoshop? Also they should have done bearded Supes as this dude rocks a good beard

His torso looks kind of weird and his neck too skinny.

At least in the movies the actors portraying him have loads of time to train for the role. This guy looks... not good.

Geist-

That's a hard pass on that Superman.

Also, why a skirt?
I don't watch Supergirl or know anything about her, it just doesn't seem like it would cover anything during flight.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like they wanted Superman but couldn't get him and then just took the next guy around and put him in a self made suit.

His boots remind me of Captain America's costume from Avengers.
To me the boots look like the ones Batman wears in Arkham Asylum/City.

16BitNova

So will this be separate canon from the new movies? I don't like this.

I like how Marvel keeps a consistent universe throughout shows and movies.

jackdoe

They went for the Superman New 52 boots and belt. Poor, poor choice.

The movies largely ignore the shows, so it's not like it's much different from how DC/WB does things anyway.

Kuros

The shows are one canon (tho different Earth Dimensions) the movies are another. There's no cross over.

And obviously Gotham is its own (great) thing.

Dabanton

Wtf at that Superman looks when Cavill got hit by a nuke in BvS but this version didn't fully regenerate.

Looks oddly malnourished.

NimbusD

It's already separate... has been since the beginning.

If anything they'll just reveal they're different 'earths' much like arrowverse and cw supergirl are (or were, most likely)

Also that dude looks like how superman return's superman should have looked considering he was such a creep. (speaking of which, they should totally have brandon routh meet this superman)

Ahasverus

Consistent meaning "the movies don't care about the shows at all and for that they must be safe or use obscure characters".

I prefer the DCTV side doing wild things, they are ding Flashpoint, they are killing off Superman (presumably) and are probably bringing in Batman too.

They should not have gone with a cheaper version of the MoS suit. I'd rather have a more classic design to differentiate.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf at that Superman looks when Cavill got hit by a nuke in BvS but this version didn't fully regenerate.

So looks malnourished

Goddamn......you people ain't holding back huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom