• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First trailer for the Australian remake of The Office

SJRB

Gold Member

annoyed-disappointed.gif

Hookshot

Gold Member
Who makes a trailer for an Australian show and doesn't put the scene where someone boxes a Kangaroo in it? Watched the whole thing for no reason.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Steve Carell is impossible to replace, he has that rare ability to play the "bad" character who you somehow end up liking on a human level more than any of the supposedly good and normal characters.

Even Gervais's original version was something totally different which I don't think had half the staying power or personality, despite Gervais being a smart performer and the original etc.

This woman has nothing to reach the level of either of those.

Billbofet

This looks terrible. Did they just swap the main characters to females, remove the humor, and think that would be enough?
I could not even get through 30 seconds of this. Turned off once they showed the Dwight analog.

Uhtred

Jesus Christ, that couldn’t even get one smirk out of me, lifeless, humorless, stupid!

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
So many new movies and TV shows, even some great ones, have these terrible color grades that lack any depth, and where skin tones barely contain more than two hex values. So disappointing to see.
1vpFlLL.png

Michael Scott No GIF

wow this is the desensitized version with the raygun type as the manger. And where the fuck is pam? Oh right, it's for "modern audiences" so can't have romance on the show.

office in 2024 doesn't work because the snowflake nutjobs are going to get offended at every joke. In the UK version, David Brent is a prick that got on everyone's nerves. In the US version, Michael Scott is a more sympathetic character as he is an idiot on the surface but deep down he's a kind person.

Top Bottom