• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero2kz

Anyone ever try INBars?

http://www.inbalancehealthcorp.com/inbars/

INBar-Cinnamon-Swirl-215x215.jpg

They go ham on letting you know it is Organic and Vegan. I found these in a little market near where I live. Gave them a shot. They aren't bad.

I don't care about eating organic or vegan, but I picked it up just for the moderately high protein and high fiber. They are pretty low calorie (~150). They seem to be made primarily out of brown rice.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Eating a cup of lentils and two chicken breast is a lot more difficult than I thought. The chunks of chicken overwhelmed me. Those lentils are hearty too. Hell, even the protein shake got me too. Would have never imagined I would be eating this much to lose weight. Luckily I'm clocking in hours at the gym!

Anyone ever try INBars?

They go ham on letting you know it is Organic and Vegan. I found these in a little market near where I live. Gave them a shot. They aren't bad.

I don't care about eating organic or vegan, but I picked it up just for the moderately high protein and high fiber. They are pretty low calorie (~150). They seem to be made primarily out of brown rice.

Isn't it alright to pretty much each whatever (as long as it isn't bad for you) as long as you meet your daily requirements in protein, fat and carbs? Plus calories and working out.

I expected to scroll up and see ILoveBish's username to be greyed out.

Word, those are fighting words he's using.

EviLore, while you are here I wanted to ask if you would be willing to back my YouTube channel. I will be heading to different gyms across the US and lift and then partake in a PWO meal at a famous eating establishment. It will all be recorded. Lift and Eat with the Medium Sized Guy.

Thxxxxxxxx

Zero2kz

Isn't it alright to pretty much each whatever (as long as it isn't bad for you) as long as you meet your daily requirements in protein, fat and carbs? Plus calories and working out..

That is the most important stuff yah. I am not saying vegan/organic is better for you. I just found these protein bars for the first time, that just happen to be vegan/organic. But I got one mostly to help get a little bit more fiber for the day. They taste pretty decent.

Bowser

Anyone ever try INBars?

I'm partial to Rise's Almond Honey protein bar (when I'm not eating Quest bars) for "all natural" bars. Not as much fiber (4g), but more protein (20g compared to 11g) and just 3 ingredients: whey protein, almonds, honey. It's a higher calorie bar though (280 cal).

http://store.risebar.com/product/almond-honey.html

TylerD

Cooked up about 3lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast tenders last night to use in various things throughout the week. Going to make a big effort to eat clean for the next 3 weeks before I go Californee way (SF to San Diego) for my vacation and food attack mode.

Sea food coma is highly probable.

I have these weird issue when I do certain exercises that involve the upper body. I notice it mostly with pull ups. When I'm just hanging there on the bar limp prior to actually doing any pull ups, I have some slight discomfort in my lower back. I wouldn't really call it pain, more like tightness. What do you think this could be?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I have these weird issue when I do certain exercises that involve the upper body. I notice it mostly with pull ups. When I'm just hanging there on the bar limp prior to actually doing any pull ups, I have some slight discomfort in my lower back. I wouldn't really call it pain, more like tightness. What do you think this could be?

Probably just a weak low back, but without a video there's no telling. You could be hyper extending or any number of things.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I just accomplished the single hardest thing I've ever done in a gym. I'm so pumped full of adrenaline right now guys. Seriously. I feel like how I used to get before a fight.

Just finished deadlifting 495x1x10. Wow! Sets 4-7 were a complete mind fuck. I kept going back to Brolic saying how hard and mentally tough his 1x10 sets were. How you find willpower deep down that you never knew you had. On a cloud right now! Feels even better that I was 177 this morning. Totally feel like a 530 max is mine too. I'm doing this shit!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I just accomplished the single hardest thing I've ever done in a gym. I'm so pumped full of adrenaline right now guys. Seriously. I feel like how I used to get before a fight.

Just finished deadlifting 495x1x10. Wow! Sets 4-7 were a complete mind fuck. I kept going back to Brolic saying how hard and mentally tough his 1x10 sets were. How you find willpower deep down that you never knew you had. On a cloud right now! Feels even better that I was 177 this morning. Totally feel like a 530 max is mine too. I'm doing this shit!

And no video. Wtf man, wtf.

Grats doe.

Cooter

Yeah, 10 singles. Did I write it wrong? What's the proper way?

Brutal indeed.

No iron sport. Just wanted to try it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent (dumbell) bench? I'm in the UK so I probably wont be able to get some models, but at least I can see what people generally say is best / try to find something close.

Thinking about grabbing this one at the moment as it's cheap and cheerful: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000N3T0S2/

Though I'd consider paying more for better.

Cooter

495 10x1

At least for me. Weight, sets, reps.

That would have been awesome, lol.

Your deadlift max will assuredly go up next time you deadlift. And your ability to grind just increased.

Got it. Thanks. I absolutely feel that this just helped my max. Gonna take it light next week and give it a run. I definitely feel that I should increase my warm up sets leading to my max in both quantity and weight. After set 6 I really got in a groove and it felt easier. Completely surprised me but it happened.

I'm so disappointed there was no tag change for this. I expected greatness.

Anyway... been a rough week for me. Felt pretty sick all week, busy with school/work, not enough sleep, eating badly, missing gym time. Getting back on the horse tomorrow morning. Deadlift day. Only 5 weeks until my wedding, can't let all this work fall to the wayside now.

Cooter

Thanks agrajag. Appreciate that. If anything its a testament to our consistency and belief in self.

Got 6/5/5 last night on squats, 117.5 kg. Pussied out of the last rep on the last two sets (needed 4-6 reps according to Candito) but eh. 150 kg single by the end of the year plsss

Then two sets of deads at 140 kg... thought it'd be easy, apparently my lower back was complete toast after squats. Got the reps by the barest of margins, the final took about half an hour to lock out.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Got 6/5/5 last night on squats, 117.5 kg. Pussied out of the last rep on the last two sets (needed 4-6 reps according to Candito) but eh. 150 kg single by the end of the year plsss

Then two sets of deads at 140 kg... thought it'd be easy, apparently my lower back was complete toast after squats. Got the reps by the barest of margins, the final took about half an hour to lock out.

All that matters is that you got it. Well done.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For you folks who use chalk, what kind do you use?

One of the L.A. Fitness locations I go to has fairly smooth barbells and it's starting to bother me as the weights get heavier. I'd love to be able to make it easier to grip them as necessary and am thinking chalk is the answer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For you folks who use chalk, what kind do you use?

One of the L.A. Fitness locations I go to has fairly smooth barbells and it's starting to bother me as the weights get heavier. I'd love to be able to make it easier to grip them as necessary and am thinking chalk is the answer.

The Magnesium carbonate kind.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I assure you, the only wieners I put in my mouth are Nathan's Famous!

Damn man. I love spicy wieners but won't be able to touch them for a while ;_; wanna stay clean for at least a month so I can lose 10 pds clean (if that happens that is...)

The Magnesium carbonate kind.

There's magnesium carbonate chalk?!

Edit:

Guys, I can't do pull ups to save my life yet, any other alternatives to it?

Damn man. I love spicy wieners but won't be able to touch them for a while ;_; wanna stay clean for at least a month so I can lose 10 pds clean (if that happens that is...)

There's magnesium carbonate chalk?!

Edit:

Guys, I can't do pull ups to save my life yet, any other alternatives to it?

Yea do negatives. Jump on the bar and slowly come back down.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I personally rub the brick on my hands and as it chips/breaks into the container I use those pieces.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and try that. Maybe I'll just throw the bricks in a Ziploc bag or something.

I use an eco ball, but I think it makes more of a mess than regular chalk! I need to get some regular chalk.

Yeah, the mess part is a big concern. It's a typical commercial gym, so I don't want to spread chalk everywhere and piss other people off.

agrajag

Banned
I've seen tons of people use chalk in ziplock bags or Tupperware containers in globo gyms, so as long as you keep it discreet I think you're be ok.

Perfect! By the way, what muscles should I use for deadlifting? Never felt I got it right, like most of the strength is coming from the back of my feet to my spine instead of my arms and chest.

It's a full body compound lift, but the primary movers are your posterior chain (your glutes, hamstring, hips) and quads. Your chest have minimal impact, and the only arm fatigue I get from deads is in the forearms. But your lower and upper back should get a nice workout.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It's a full body compound lift, but the primary movers are your posterior chain (your glutes, hamstring, hips) and quads. Your chest have minimal impact, and the only arm fatigue I get from deads is in the forearms. But your lower and upper back should get a nice workout.

Ohhhh, so I've been doing it somewhat right then... I need to record myself when I get the chance, don't wanna fudge up my back.

sphinx

the piano man
I have to ask a stupid question...

when we gain weight, it's nearly impossible to do it in the form of pure, 100% muscle, so there's always some fat coming with it.

when we lose weight, do we lose in a similar way both muscle and fat or does proper diet makes you retain all gained muscle and shed only the fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom