• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt1200

Left pec bigger than right pec, i'm adding some db chest presses to fix that.

My bb bench press hasn't increased for like 3 months (and it's a very small number, like 110lbx5 half-rep, can't touch my chest otherwise the bar will fall on me). Not sure if i should bench more than twice every week changing volumes to overcome my plateau.

Deadlift keeps improving every 2 weeks, starting strength really helped me, but it's too hard to keep a flat back. I hope I can lift more than 300lb by november without rounding too much my lower back.

Btw, I've got a tub of gold-standard whey and some creatine, enough strength training, time to bulk and add some mass.

bokn

Banned
I've only been lifting for 1.5 months and I've stalled on my squats for 2 weeks now. I figure I should do a reset on it because my DL is still growing.

Perhaps its because I don't eat enough? I've been aiming at around 10% over sedentry caloric intake (2200 -> 2500) but all I've read has confused me on the req. surplus.

Bowser

Started the FitGAF Fantasy Football League this morning! 14-team (probably end up being less but wanted to allow for as many members as possible) standard scoring. Draft tentatively set late in the evening on Labor Day. I wonder if we could get Evilore to put a TAG on the line for the winner. Since I know he does post here and such.

Shoot me a PM or quote me if you want in, as I'm not sure I should publicly post the invite link even if I will absolutely leave the league itself public!

Fuck it, I'm already in 3 leagues, why not 4? I'm in.

Petrie

Banned
We're at 6 players for FitGAF Fantasy Football! At the very least we end up with a fun 8-man league. Psyched!

Who do we PM to get a Fitgaf Champion Tag on the line?

My big money league is 16...gets crazy with the draft the free agents, scraping the bottom of the barrel. lol

Is it at least PPR? I'm in a couple 12-man leagues with an extra WR and even then by late rounds you're just throwing darts at the wall.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're at 6 players for FitGAF Fantasy Football! At the very least we end up with a fun 8-man league. Psyched!

Who do we PM to get a Fitgaf Champion Tag on the line?

Stumpokapow

CrankyJay

Banned
Is it at least PPR? I'm in a couple 12-man leagues with an extra WR and even then by late rounds you're just throwing darts at the wall.

No, but it's auction draft + keepers (3 players)...it's interesting to say the least.

I joined the league, thanks for the invite.

Pete Rock

My debut burlesque performance at home stage was this past weekend! I need to scoop the raw files from our photog, but I really liked her iteration on this shot: Eternal Dance. Should have a video to share eventually as well. Yesssss!!!

Keep crushin' it my fellow dudes and dudettes, FitGAF is best GAF ~

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My debut burlesque performance at home stage was this past weekend! I need to scoop the raw files from our photog, but I really liked her iteration on this shot: Eternal Dance. Should have a video to share eventually as well. Yesssss!!!

Jesus fuck, that's incredible. Fucking amazing.

keezy

Had my first Metroflex workout ever. Branch Warren was there. Damn he's jacked.

Damn. Jelly!

I live by Ken Jackson and where Steve Kuclo grew up. I see them from time to time but it would be cool to see somebody who's training for the O.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm cool with either Fantasy drafting style..but if you'd like to try out an auction draft, you can do a mock draft here to see what the process is like: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/mock_lobby?lobby=auction

quick rundown

Each team gets a budget (example $200)...

1 person nominates a player to bid on...

All players bid on the player (minimum is $1 increments)...

There is a countdown timer...every time a new bid is placed the timer goes back up to like 10 seconds

Once the timer reaches 0, the highest bidder has won that player for the price they have bid

The next player in the draft order nominates another player to bid on.

Bowser

I'm cool with either Fantasy drafting style..but if you'd like to try out an auction draft, you can do a mock draft here to see what the process is like: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/mock_lobby?lobby=auction

quick rundown

Each team gets a budget (example $200)...

1 person nominates a player to bid on...

All players bid on the player (minimum is $1 increments)...

There is a countdown timer...every time a new bid is placed the timer goes back up to like 10 seconds

Once the timer reaches 0, the highest bidder has won that player for the price they have bid

The next player in the draft order nominates another player to bid on.

Yeah I know the basics, just haven't ever participated in one and don't know how the strategy differs etc.

CrankyJay

Banned
Yeah I know the basics, just haven't ever participated in one and don't know how the strategy differs etc.

Not sure about strategy...normally I would nominate a player I don't want and try to bid up other players so they blow through their budget faster.

I've seen several strategies in the 2 years I've done it...invariably some guy will always blow 95% of his money on studs like AP or Foster, and a good QB.

My brother did it last year and was like 11-0 before Foster got injured and then his season was pretty much over because of that.

Lots of good players can be had towards the end of the draft for like $1 because people tend to overspend on what they want.

Bowser

Yeah, one of my friends participated in his first auction draft his past weekend and he took the patient approach - I think their budget was $200 and he let everyone else blow $60+ on guys like AP, Megatron, McCoy, etc. and got a much more balanced team as a result.

CrankyJay

Banned
Yeah, one of my friends participated in his first auction draft his past weekend and he took the patient approach - I think their budget was $200 and he let everyone else blow $60+ on guys like AP, Megatron, McCoy, etc. and got a much more balanced team as a result.

In my experience, the teams that did better spent more up front...basically paying for sure production. Oh well, hope it works out for him.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Edit: can we not turn this thread into a fantasy FB thread? Perhaps make a fitgaf fantasy FB thread or something.

425 bench was a nogo. Should have known to aim lower since my shoulder and left pec have been tight. Good news is 405 went up incredibly easy before this.

http://youtu.be/f3c9LFMVOa4

Sadetar

That's all awesome! :D

If you need it, go for it! I'd say you've definitely earned it :)

Lmao...I did not work out today. :( the cold that tried to get me a couple of weeks ago is trying again. Last time I worked out when I felt like this I made myself so fucking ill that night so I'm not going to try again... Will sleep instead. :/ Only 8 more days to my trip and I'll be damned if I'm sick for it! Going to focus on getting well (hopefully that is tomorrow but I'm not going to force it).
I wasn't feeling 100%, but went to the gym none the less today - I so shouldn't have. I needed to leave the gym early since I was definitely having a high fever, I was sweating like hell and nearly passing out. I am calling to work this morning and take a sick leave. Smart move for you to take it easy - you don't want to be sick especially when your trip is so near.

It wasn't totally pointless of me going to gym though: there was one lad doing one movement in very inefficient way and I pointed out how he could do the same thing better and he actually thanked me and corrected himself. I normally don't bother people at the gym, but he was extremely happy about it.

Yoooo

So, I was 14.2 stone in May. Got a gym membership, and worked hard for a month or so. Just spent three weeks in hospital where I had gym access too and a decent diet...

Now I am 13st. Yes!
Well done honey! :)

That is so amazing! I really love that photo as well! <3

I am looking forward to see that video! Absolutely awesome kitty! :D

Finally getting to the point where I'm almost ready to post progress pics. Last 3 months have had some amazing progress. Definitely the biggest and strongest I've ever been, and almost the most cut too. Gotta get dat 10% body fat percentage and match up with the GAF-beasts.
Oooh! I am waiting. ;)

Its hard to get a good selfie in good lighting. I need someone snapping pics because it works out much better

Has anybody gotten blood work done and had elevated liver enzymes? I got a call from my doctor last night and she wanted me to go in for another blood test to make sure I don't have Hep C....this kinda bugged me out. She told me to not workout for a few days prior to the test because it can elevate the liver enzymes. The day I took the test I binge drank all weekend than worked out hard for 2-2/12 hours with a chest/bi than HIIT on treadmill. Also took some Jack3d and creatine. So I am hoping that this is the reason for the elevated liver enzymes.
Well, it seems you just need to stop some random person at the gym to take a photo for us. :p

Oh and I have had elevated liver enzymes. It was nothing. We never really even figured out why it was up, but it can go up for numerous reasons. Go take another test and it is most likely alright. To me they were up without any apparent reason for nearly half a year before returing to totally normal.

Petrie

Banned
Edit: can we not turn this thread into a fantasy FB thread? Perhaps make a fitgaf fantasy FB thread or something.

Maybe we'll get a chat going somewhere or even just the page itself. The clutter was just initially getting people on board. Sorry my friend.

There is now a custom FitGAF Champion tag on the line for anyone interested though. And that'll be the end of my discussion here. PM me people!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I am a girl so I can change my mind.

I can't stand those superman clothes either. Horrid, absolutely horrid.

Will you now fight with me as well?

Pretty please, my place is fine. ;)
Your place will do. I've got a special pic coming for all you Superman haters in a little bit!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Found the source of my shoulder issues. My pec is junky as hell and apparently so are my traps and rhomboids.

Used my theracane on my back and it's so tight it felt like my front delt as gonna rip off. Then I lacrosse balled my pec and I felt a bunch if shit, really big shit, break free.

Maybe we'll get a chat going somewhere or even just the page itself. The clutter was just initially getting people on board. Sorry my friend.

There is now a custom FitGAF Champion tag on the line for anyone interested though. And that'll be the end of my discussion here. PM me people!

No, I know, that's fine. We go OT all the time. I was just concerned especially with two posts on a new page of it getting out of hand.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Drink it in haters!
20140625_160025.jpg~320x480

I've been lurking Fit-gaf since the beginning of OT6 and I just have to say, Fit-gaf is sexy gaf. I hope to join the ranks of being fit like you sexy beasts one day. I'm a female and I'm fairly strong in my current state but the nutrition part slaps me down every time. I manage to lose some weight and then I plateau for months. I wish I could turn the obsession with food off like a light switch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Found the source of my shoulder issues. My pec is junky as hell and apparently so are my traps and rhomboids.

Used my theracane on my back and it's so tight it felt like my front delt as gonna rip off. Then I lacrosse balled my pec and I felt a bunch if shit, really big shit, break free.

Goddamn. You still get massages regularly yes? Maybe then can also get some work in.

Leeness

I wasn't feeling 100%, but went to the gym none the less today - I so shouldn't have. I needed to leave the gym early since I was definitely having a high fever, I was sweating like hell and nearly passing out. I am calling to work this morning and take a sick leave. Smart move for you to take it easy - you don't want to be sick especially when your trip is so near.

It wasn't totally pointless of me going to gym though: there was one lad doing one movement in very inefficient way and I pointed out how he could do the same thing better and he actually thanked me and corrected himself. I normally don't bother people at the gym, but he was extremely happy about it.

Left it one more day because I was still snotty and feeling weak today. :/ I think I'm going to be up to it tomorrow though.

How was your sick day? I hope you rested well!

And haha glad you were able to help that guy. :)

ILoveBish

Cross post from the nutrition thread, but wanted to post my macros:

I eat the exact same food everyday, starting something new (alfredo chicken spinach). Been eating pizza casserole everyday for months, i still love it, but i want to get away from processed food as much as possible and make it all from scratch.

despire

Fuck I was 15+ pages behind with the thread. Took a while to catch up.

Last 2-3 weeks have been pretty crazy and busy with us moving and stuff. Diet's been crap and I haven't been able to really workout but I guess I got some exercise during the move. . Basically hauled all of our heavy stuff to the new apartment, meaning lots of 40-50kg boxes all the way up the the 4th floor (no elevator!) with a fast pace. This lasted for a few days and at the end I was more physically drained than I've ever been. Took a couple of days to recover and start feeling normal.

Now we are finally all settled and we can resume our normal routine. Even started Convict Conditioning yesterday.

Pakoe

425 bench was a nogo. Should have known to aim lower since my shoulder and left pec have been tight. Good news is 405 went up incredibly easy before this.

Too bad, you'll get it next time big guy.
I saw the disappointment in your face, i know that feel.

ILoveBish

A fantastic day at the gym. I felt good, had a day off to recover, ate well and was mentally prepped. I weighed in at 255 today, and I hit a all new record of 255lbs on bench tonight. Finally benched my own body weight. Felt incredible. Got 2 out of 3 for new records, have squat left then a do over for the deadlift.

Yooo! The exact same thing happened to me last Saturday. Of course I'm not lifting anywhere near what you are, but I was doing close grip bench for tris with 205, and my left shoulder gave out on the 4th rep. I actually dropped the bar on the side of my head; sported a pretty good knot too. Mindfucked me for the rest of the day. I know you'll come back and smash that shit though bro; you always do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom