• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshair

So I really enjoy going to the gym at 2am and working out until 3:30am. The only issue is that I have work at 9am, which means I have be up around 7am to start my day.

Is there going to be any issues with development if I break-up my 7/8 hour sleep cycle into 9/10pm-2am and 4am-7/8am?

Chocobro

After going to the gym for a whole month after a month break, it's so soon that I have to take a few days off. I think I strained my lower left erector spinae from overstretching (by SMR with a lacrosse ball, is that really possible?). Tight erector spinae was what caused me to take that month off because it would cause tailbone discomfort/pain; a doctor pointed out it was tight there with a test. It's just a bummer, one thing comes after another; I was getting close to my old squat numbers. At this rate, I don't know if I can high-bar backsquat 3x5x225lb by the end of this year.

Sorry, my posts aren't usually like this :(. It's just that going to the gym has been a good escape for me to not worry (too much) about things going on in life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's mental and physical. Very important to get your mind in check.

I love those days, but today was not one of them.

For the first time, I've failed on my 1s week. On my 3x415lb set, last rep going up, right hand lost grip suddenly. I tried to get a stronger grip, got it up, but tore up my Palm pretty badly. I lost all grip strength on my right hand there. I tried for 465lb deadlift 3 times, each time I get it up, but then the right side feels 3x heavier then the left and I have to drop it.

I'll be honest, feels bad man. I felt like I should have taken the night off anyway but decided to go and finish up. Wish I waited. Oh well. I hope after I sleep I'll not be so whiny about it. Crap like this happens.

I'm going to continue on with bench and squat after I take a day or 2 off to recover, then rest up again and try for the deadlift once more. I know I can do it.

If you know you can do it, then you can do it. No worries brother. That's a rough spot though.

Matugi

today was my first time taking pre workout, got it as a free sample, and I feel fucking amazing. Cut through 245x5 on squats like a hot knife through butter

Albo

Got some sudden nasty joint pain today on my elbows and shoulders when I got to my working bench press set (95kg x5), so much that I couldn't carry on. I rested well, eat well, warmed up and even deloaded a bit after the pain but my joints still felt off.

I left my workout with the plan of trying again tomorrow but I have a bad feeling I won't be able to recover fully as I'm still feeling the sharp pain now in bed. Feels horrible. Anyone experienced this? Any advice? I might have to deload on the bp even though I don't want to...

I did BP first instead of squat (first time I've done this) because the bench happened to be set up for BP on the rack when I arrived at the gym.

edit: pain's getting a little less worse now, hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow and not bother me during my workout.

Had a full blown all day cheat day yesterday. feels good mane. veins popping out of my chest and stomach and looked full and swole as fuk. I still feel it. Still a bit bloated but i was benching 275 like it was easy and carbs of peace. chicken parm, slice of pizza, panckes etc. I didn't track any calories yesterday either.

biggest cheat i had in months. must have had 5000 cals at least. so i worked out fasted and obviously today I need to keep it low fat, low carb and high protein

Petrie

Banned
I thought about this last year and then forgot to mention it soon enough, but thought I'd see if among FitGAF there were enough people interested in a Fantasy Football league. I don't bother with the GAF leagues where it is all "strangers", but among a somewhat competitive but fun community like this, I could see it being a good time.

Just feeling it out. I know at least a few guys here dabble.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I thought about this last year and then forgot to mention it soon enough, but thought I'd see if among FitGAF there were enough people interested in a Fantasy Football league. I don't bother with the GAF leagues where it is all "strangers", but among a somewhat competitive but fun community like this, I could see it being a good time.

Count me in.

Matugi

I may be able to, keep me posted. I've got a busy couple of weeks with class and rush events and I have to attend some mandatory rush events for our new members next week. After next Wednesday I have basically every night free but the weekends.

ldcommando

Banned
today was my first time taking pre workout, got it as a free sample, and I feel fucking amazing. Cut through 245x5 on squats like a hot knife through butter

First time is the bess. You really feel like you can fuck some shit up. Too bad is all downhill afterwards.

What did you take?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Nice job man. You'll definitely have 500 soon

Nice! Seemed like you almost had it, too.

So I'm on week something of SL (probably like 6 or something, IDK) and it's fun. Still hate the overhead press and my bench is severely lacking. I can see myself having to deload. Such little strength. :(

Also not sure if I really want to bulk right now or cut. I don't have much mass or muscle (seriously, I don't) but am tired of the body fat I have. I'm not entirely sure what the % is but one thing that's keeping me from cutting is my large ribcage which I have no idea how to fix! Looks weird as my stomach kinda sinks in. Any ideas?

Not going to lie though, since doing SL I'm missing dips and the like. Also question: I'm pretty sure I have my deadlift form correct. Is it alright to have the upper back round a little bit? I'm not having problems with the lower which is good.

Damn, five hunid mutha fucking pounds right around the corner

Thanks guys. In all honesty I think I had 500lbs but a combination of bad cueing and the fact I did 465, 475 and 485 before trying 500 probably had me too fatigued.

Matugi

First time is the bess. You really feel like you can fuck some shit up. Too bad is all downhill afterwards.

What did you take?

It was something I got in a free sample from BB.com. I think it was NO-X but I'm not sure. I took the whole packet which was probably a bad idea, and I started to get tingling in my legs and arms, but I felt like a fucking champ, everything came easy. Now I'm crashing and have adrenal fatigue lol

Arthos

I feel like an idiot now.

I'm supposed to be eating 3k+ calories on a bulk?! That explains a bit then. I'm not even sure how to go about doing that. That milk thing doesn't seem like much fun, nor the eggs or jar of PB or whatever. I feel like trying to eat 2400 or so has been difficult. >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm supposed to be eating 3k+ calories on a bulk?! That explains a bit then. I'm not even sure how to go about doing that. That milk thing doesn't seem like much fun, nor the eggs or jar of PB or whatever. I feel like trying to eat 2400 or so has been difficult. >_>

fast food breddah

Cudder

You're not "supposed to be" eating any pre determined amount of calories. Where did you get that from?

What Vince said. Fast food can be a quick and dirty way to increase your calorie intake. Me personally, I would do that in moderation because I would feel like a fat fuck doing that every day. Try to buy meat in bulk and invest in a slow cooker and cook a lot of fucking stews.

dem forearms are starting to get some meat on them. At least at certain angles they look good, hopefully they'll become huge when I start doing weighted chinups someday.

Peanut butter has a lot of calories and they shoot when you eat it with oats, or fruit or breads. Add something to your milk to make it tasty, could be whey powder or peanut butter. You also need cheese.

Cooter

I wish I had your problems. Peanut butter is concrete proof god exists!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone done lowcarb while muscle building?

My energy sucks.

How long have you been eating low carb? It might be a good idea to carb up periodically. Like once a week, or even after every workout depending on how heavy you are lifting.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Debating going for 500 again before the end of the month. Really wanna get that 500lb squat before I end 5 years training. Tomorrow I'm seeing where my bench is at. Hoping for 425+

Cooter

Debating going for 500 again before the end of the month. Really wanna get that 500lb squat before I end 5 years training. Tomorrow I'm seeing where my bench is at. Hoping for 425+
I would if you're feeling up to it. Amazing what a little mental edge will do to your physical abilities.

keezy

Anyone done lowcarb while muscle building?

My energy sucks.

What are your "low carb" macros?

The only time I have carbs are around my workouts. Or the night before my leg day because I always train legs early in the morning.

If I eat carbs throughout the day I feel lethargic and sluggish by the time I go to the gym. High protein/fats work great for me for my other meals.

low carb more like hobo carb

Never again for me, everything is better higher carbs. You are lifting hard. Why not fuel your body with that delicious carb food source.

J. Bravo

im down for free

CrankyJay

Banned
I need to stop googling medical conditions. Now I'm freaked out this knot in my calf muscle is a blood clot. Lol.

Tho this knot happened a few hours after high rep squats and leg presses.

i'm down

Dany

Banned
What are your "low carb" macros?

less than 10% at 35g. I think on the days I run I should eat some bread or something before. The exhaustion is tremendous

You get used to it. I'm strongest I've ever been on low carb.

What about endurance? That comes back too?

How long have you been eating low carb? It might be a good idea to carb up periodically. Like once a week, or even after every workout depending on how heavy you are lifting.

Well, I started back up again after going on vacation. It's been four days since i started again. And I think you're right. I do snack on dark chocolate almonds rarely and have a banana in my protein shake.

I need to stop googling medical conditions. Now I'm freaked out this knot in my calf muscle is a blood clot. Lol.

Not gonna freak you out more, but definitely keep your attention on it. It really probably is nothing, but if you notice the stiffness travels up or down your leg, or you feel any severe pain go to a doctor ASAP.

That was how my blood clot journey started. :(

I've had sore calves before though and really the pain/stiffness is pretty much the same as a clot, so it's probably nothing. Just be mindful.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I feel like my deadlift when I go higher on weight is off, this is my 410 deadlift what do you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy8VuZFVBlY

Stop. You're gonna blow your spine out. Everything about this is wrong. Barbell is too far out, cat backed like a mofo, etc. you also never locked it out. (You didn't even complete the lift)

Also, lose that shitty ass tapered belt and get a good lifting belt. Lose those damned shoes too. Barefoot is best.

Also,watch this. http://youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

Stop. You're gonna blow your spine out. Everything about this is wrong. Barbell is too far out, cat backed like a mofo, etc. you also never locked it out. (You didn't even complete the lift)

Also, lose that shitty ass tapered belt and get a good lifting belt. Lose those damned shoes too. Barefoot is best.

Also,watch this. http://youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c
ok thanks, I can't get my form right after three plates, I thought it looked like shit when I saw it.
Yea your setup isnt right at all

The bar is too far from you which causes your back to round like a cat. The bar should be over the middle of your foot
Yeah I knew something was messed up when I did it, I will probably deload again as I start to lose my form the higher weight I go.

Cooter

Ok thanks,something didn't feel right when I did four plates last week so I had my friend tape this week to see. Will stick with lower until I know I have the form.
Listen to Brolic and tape a set at a lower weight. I have a feeling that what you think is good form at lower weight needs quite a bit of help also.

You are the best Szu! Hahahahaha

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ok thanks,something didn't feel right when I did four plates last week so I had my friend tape this week to see. Will stick with lower until I know I have the form.

No problem man, realize it's gonna take time. It took me the better part of a year to learn this movement pattern /setup. Originally my DL looked a lot different.

See here. After I changed to my new setup and pull I got a lot stronger and felt stronger.

http://youtu.be/HLiTP3mA2Wg

Sadetar

I contact my physiotherapist today. I haven't talked with her since March (I have had work physiotherapist for summer). She was so happy for me that she was crying. <3 She is so adorable and she has been the most motivating person in my life what comes to sports and working out (I told her that as well). She will also call me on Thursday to talk a bit more about my gym program. Also my pilates trainer commented to me today after the class that it seems that I have lost weight every time I see her. Definitely a good day today! :D

My leg was better pretty much the next day, it just hurts like a motherfucker when it first happens. Like enough that I wake up screaming :(

Didn't work out this weekend lol. :( Busy and today was at a wedding all day (also meaning I ate way too much). Back to it tomorrow.

And your post you made on your weight just now, don't listen to anyone else! Just do you, whatever you want. You're not going to lose curves losing another 40lbs. So whatever you want to do, just go for it. You've accomplished a lot already and will continue to. :)
Thanks honey! I am definitely going to keep cutting and see where does it take me. Even though I need to say that after this around half a year cut it is starting to be though sometimes. I have noticed I do small cheats more often than I used to. When I go to UK for a holiday I might just take that week off or at least not be too tight about the diet and continue after it like it never happened. I think I need it.

Good that your leg is starting to be better! And also after that feasting in the wedding I am sure you will loads of energy to do your work outs! :D

Had a full blown all day cheat day yesterday. feels good mane. veins popping out of my chest and stomach and looked full and swole as fuk. I still feel it. Still a bit bloated but i was benching 275 like it was easy and carbs of peace. chicken parm, slice of pizza, panckes etc. I didn't track any calories yesterday either.

biggest cheat i had in months. must have had 5000 cals at least. so i worked out fasted and obviously today I need to keep it low fat, low carb and high protein
I am sure that a good cheat ones in a while is needed. :p

Any photos of that glorious veiny monster that you are/were? ;)

That is a bad road to go... When I was a kid and knew a little how to read I was reading this medical book and I was sure I had testicular cancer and I was totally freaking out. Thank gods my grandmother quite quickly informed me to stop going through that nonsense and that even if it might not have any symptoms she is 100% sure I don't have it.

Keep an eye on it, but try to be relaxed and not to worry too much about it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yankeeforever2 just inspired me to record my DL setup soon. Have not had anyone in Fit-Gaf critique it yet

Here's my squat form check from a couple of pages back. Im not sure if I got any feedback from anyone yet.

http://youtu.be/x9og92heG5U

Didn't look too bad to me given the angle. The real test will be at higher weight. Hard to tell, but if thsts a low bar position you will benefit later from pulling the bar down across your back (which will in turn keep your elbows lower). This is a more stable position.

Didn't look too bad to me given the angle. The real test will be at higher weight. Hard to tell, but if thsts a low bar position you will benefit later from pulling the bar down across your back (which will in turn keep your elbows lower). This is a more stable position.

Yea the angle is fucked (I propped my phone on top of 2 plates) but I have a low bar setup with the bar on my rear delts. I wish I had those phone tripods so that I don't have to deal with struggle angles. I will probably record my last set of 5+ squats tomorrow to see if my form still holds up and to pull the bar further down as you suggested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom