• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Ooooooh! I am drooling in here (and for once not because of all the beautiful people). ;) All of those look soooooo good! I haven't eaten pasta in ages, but I definitely loved it in Rome.

And yeah, I am more or less alive. After this month life should get a bit easier since then I would have only one working place and my studies. This is just insanity at the moment. Even though I am not sure do I still prefer this over writing my graduating thesis...

Travelling alone is awesome! Last year I spent three months in Liverpool on my own (I was admittedly working there, but still). I have also loved it when I have been travelling with people from Neogaf. Roadtrip in America was absolutely epic with a lad from here. You should have come to Finland or informed me beforehand about the dates and all and I could have visited Rome to just hang around with you couple days. Any reason to have a short holiday is a good one. :D

Time flies so fast when you are having fun! But hey, home sweet home! Now keep that relaxed state of mind and eat healthy but enough while you work out when you come back and you will see awesome results in no time! :D

No more Rome, no more pasta haha. Aw...

I'm glad things are going to get easier! I've done the two jobs thing for a couple months and it's fricking tiring.

Aw, I didn't think of inviting you. :( Boo, that would have been fun. Next time. Lol. I want to go back in 2016.

Back now. Though I'm probably going to wait until next week to start working out again. My right foot is a little buggered. I was walking and climbing and whatnot so much, I think my foot is tired. My fitbit said I was doing 5-10 miles a day, though I think the fitbit was confused as hell from the time change (it couldn't track my sleep and was saying I was walking around while sleeping lol), so it could have been more, I don't know. Time for the foot to rest and recover.

ILoveBish

I shop at restaurant depot, you need membership there but prices are great. I buy 40lbs of chicken at a time, 5lb of cheese at a time, half a gallon of heavy cream at a time, etc etc. Just make sure you have a separate freezer.

Enfinit

c4 is the best preworkout, period.
Didn't C4 recently change its formula (within the last two years or so). I haven't taken it in quite some time, but I recall after the formula change it felt way less potent. Maybe I'm thinking of another pre-workout (Jack3d, maybe).

J. Bravo

Didn't C4 recently change its formula (within the last two years or so). I haven't taken it in quite some time, but I recall after the formula change it felt way less potent. Maybe I'm thinking of another pre-workout (Jack3d, maybe).

yeah jack3d changed. they had that 1,3 dimethyl (?) stuff which is illegal in usa i guess. this is just what i've heard. c4 is still the king.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Aw guys I feel so good. Did legs on Monday and chest yesterday. Legs are still sore, I have been limping a little. But I just started working out again this week after months of not so I figure it is normal soreness. But today feels great, I just want to lift more or grab something and tear it apart.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm so in love with my DL and RDL maintenance day.

DL:

135x5
225x3
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3
425x3x3

RDL:

275x5
315x3
365x2x3
405x2x3

It's the best. By far my favorite day at the gym!

Cooter

Look what showed up... I'm jacked!!

20140918_174509.jpg~320x480

Wolfe

Deadlift 270x8

It was a shitty day to workout. It was raining like fucking crazy and I had only 5 hours of sleep. I was struggling to keep my chest up because of fatigue. Anyone wants to weigh in on this video?

Seems like your lower back is rounding at the bottom of each rep, I'd suggest keeping your head/neck at a more neutral position and in line with your spine so that when you start a rep you're looking towards the ground instead of up.

Anyone else feel free to correct me if I'm off base here.

Either way looking pretty strong dude.

This is maybe the wrong thread for it (don't know if there already is a specific thread for it) but is there a short training plan or just a small guide how to "swim" and do it with the intention to get fit /a little fitter doing that? Butterfly 3 lanes in 1 minute or something like that?

Petrie

Banned

One day I'll be Cooter.

Until then I'll be stoked I hot 255lbs for 5 on bench yesterday. I can't believe how far I've come on what was my toughest lift due to nagging clavicle issues and such for a long time. Last cycle it was 250lbs for 4, and even as the weight goes up the reps just keep coming!

You know, this is the fitness thread and not just the weights thread! Keep updating people on your cycling progress!
Ha, there hasn't been any significant general fitness talk in here for a long time. 90% of posts are squats and selfies, 5% bench, 4% protein sources, 1% flirting (all one user).

keezy

Snapped a few pictures after lifting yesterday. I took this summer off from competing so I could have some fun. I took a handful of trips out to Vegas to play in card tournaments. Felt nice to have some balance. Plus I think taking a week off here and there helped my body heal up.

IMG_20140918_194640_zpsb354f45a.jpg~320x480

IMG_20140918_194924_zps4c1e846b.jpg~320x480

May I pull a Sadetar and swoon over Keezy? Wow.

Okay.

Okay! I'm good now, thanks.

:) Keep up the good work guys. I'm down to 211 on my cut and should hit at least 205 by my Chicago trip for Halloween! Hopefully 200, but still taking it slow. Pics on Instagram/Facebook, don't wanna muck up this thread much with selfies, lol.

Pinewood

The OP states friday as the day you can do optional arm work. What is considered good arm work, any examples of excercises? Today I did 3x8 standing biceps curls and 3x8 of something similar to a skullcrusher where you hold a single dumbell with both hands and lower it behing your head while on a bench, no idea it its good or not though.

When listing weights, do you just give the weights on the bar or add the bar as well?

Pete Rock

The OP states friday as the day you can do optional arm work. What is considered good arm work, any examples of excercises? Today I did 3x8 standing biceps curls and 3x8 of something similar to a skullcrusher where you hold a single dumbell with both hands and lower it behing your head while on a bench, no idea it its good or not though.

When listing weights, do you just give the weights on the bar or add the bar as well?
I like these:
Barbell Curls ~ 75 lbs
Shrugs ~ trap bar 215
Wrist Curls with a fixed small barbell - 80 lbs under the legs, 50 lbs flat on the benchtop, 20 lbs flat reversed
Dumbell Pull ~ 30lbs

I was doing wrist curls with a single DB but I got some info from a wrist curl master. This dude has the biggest forearms I have ever seen and I saw him doing under the leg reverse curls on the end of a flat bench and I was just like "WTF" the belly of his forearm looked like a snake about to shed its skin. It was only the second time I have ever seen him in as many years so I had to inquire. He was really nice and showed me the three ways in which he does them and the different weights for each. I gave it a try at lower weights and holy shit the burn, the burn is so sick. Also no weird clicking and popping anymore. Fantastic, highly recommended. Although I get such a sick cramp style pump in my forearms it makes me sad for the rest of my body. I wish I got a pump like that from BB curl, goddamn.

Curl Bar Lying Tricep Extension - although, I have seen exactly one other guy do these with a DB as you describe. I asked him about it and he said he likes the more narrow grip and am considering giving them a whirl myself. Normal LTE with the curl bar gives me a weird hitching in my left deltoid and on the inside of my left elbow even if I am very mindful about not going much farther (lower towards the ground) past the extents of my crainum. Which sucks because it feels like I am missing out on a lot of the stretch reflex.

I do these accessories after my main compound press lift, after chins and after bent over rows, but before my heavy compound for the day such as squats or deadlifts. I do them every workout day, not just Friday. It adds up quick, but I also haven't moved higher weights on those in a long time.

When you calculate the weights you account for the bar. It is important to actually know what the bars weigh. I have seen barbells that are short and weigh as little as 28 lbs, normal size with spinning collars that are only 40 lbs but they "should be" 44-45 lbs. Similarly there are two "ez curl" bars in my gym and one is 22 lbs and one is 32. The trap bar is 35 but again this can vary as in the other examples. I brought my own scale and a paint pen (for marking metal) and wrote the weights on all the bars in my gym so there is no confusion.

Speaking of, I was waiting for a guy to get done with bench a few weeks ago and he was going to leave a set of plates on the bar before he realized I was dragging another bar over. He apologized. I said I wasn't trying to make extra work for him, I just know for a fact that the bar he was using was 40 lbs and I wanted it to be 45. I spun the collar over where I had marked it in orange flourescent paint and he said "Oh. Well. That explains why I felt a lot stronger today and got an extra rep on all my sets. Damn, thanks for letting me know" many luls were had.

Coots and Keezy looking ill, all of the beef right there!

Imm0rt4l

I'm not really a huge fan IFBB pro bodybuilders, but I'd love to see Kai Greene beat Phil Heath this year, Phil could use a couple cc's of humility. I like Phil though. Hopefully Kai didn't fuck the grapefruit err chicken this year with his conditioning.

Matugi

I've definitely gone lower, as you can see here (235 vs 315)

Just have to sink in a bit more. Probably part of it was nerves.

it's kinda odd because your chest position and balance is better in the first one but there's noticeably less buttwink in the second (not that there was much in the first either)

sphinx

the piano man
these are happy days.

Last time I tried benching I did 50 kgs x 10 reps for the first time since fucking up my hand in freaking APRIL and it was very very good, it didn't hurt all! this time I thinks it's for real, will be ridiculously careful though, at ANY sign I quit right there.

My form is shit now though, lol, I couldn't quite keep the bar going straight up and down, the bar was moving on a rather weird path so there's another reason to keep the weight down,.

I wanna join this awesome selfie page, keezy and cooter looking great as always, (instagram-effect'd to hell and back sorry haha)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Maxing at 245 almost at my bulk goal of 250 one rep, then another cut. Question, added in a cool down set at the end of sets where I do light weight and try to go until exhaustion. Any benefit to something like that?

Cudder

Just did 5x5 @ 265lbs on bench today. Months ago I struggled to get 270 for 1x5. These fuckin strength based programs, man...*bows*

Pinewood

I like these:
Barbell Curls ~ 75 lbs
Shrugs ~ trap bar 215
Wrist Curls with a fixed small barbell - 80 lbs under the legs, 50 lbs flat on the benchtop, 20 lbs flat reversed
Dumbell Pull ~ 30lbs
Curl Bar Lying Tricep Extension
Will def look into these. Are the wrist curls done with palm downwards/upwards, does it matter much?
During the Curl Bar Lying Tricep Extension should I lower the weight near my face or behind me? I did like the really narrow grip holding from the plate.

When you calculate the weights you account for the bar.
Well shit, I had made up this beautiful thing in my mind that I will hit 2x20 kg plates on my squats next week and 45 kg (100 lbs) on the bar the time after, 100 lbs being a nice round number. Turns out I did 54 kg/120 lbs today if I account the bar. Didn't think about it at all before asking that.

Also have to find better shoes, my current ones have a nice flat sole but are kinda slippery, so when I squat my feet rotate outwards when coming up.

Wolfe

During the Curl Bar Lying Tricep Extension should I lower the weight near my face or behind me? I did like the really narrow grip holding from the plate.

Lower the weight down behind your head to get the full range of motion. On the way back up try to throw the bar towards the ceiling, on both movements try to keep the bar close to your head.

Cooter

One day I'll be Cooter.

Until then I'll be stoked I hot 255lbs for 5 on bench yesterday. I can't believe how far I've come on what was my toughest lift due to nagging clavicle issues and such for a long time. Last cycle it was 250lbs for 4, and even as the weight goes up the reps just keep coming!
Thanks big guy but surely you can aim higher than that! Shit, I've stopped benching completely now. My chest day consists of some hi rep DB presses and some crappy cable flys. I hate chest day now. So boring since I started having elbow soreness.

SeanR1221

it's kinda odd because your chest position and balance is better in the first one but there's noticeably less buttwink in the second (not that there was much in the first either)

Could be that it happens as soon as I get lower and have that hip-crease.

Sadetar

Snapped a few pictures after lifting yesterday. I took this summer off from competing so I could have some fun. I took a handful of trips out to Vegas to play in card tournaments. Felt nice to have some balance. Plus I think taking a week off here and there helped my body heal up.

Ah, I am deeply in love with all the awesome selfies that people post to this thread. :D

You look absolutely splendid. Like Darth said, wow. :p I actually think I might prefer this over the competition ready body to be honest. Damn sexy, not going to lie.

Looking good, I really like that... belt. :p

I'll still be lurking.
You know, this is the fitness thread and not just the weights thread! Keep updating people on your cycling progress!
Nice to hear that you will be around, but like grumble said, you can also keep us informed about how are you doing. :)

Ha, there hasn't been any significant general fitness talk in here for a long time. 90% of posts are squats and selfies, 5% bench, 4% protein sources, 1% flirting (all one user).
I don't see anything wrong with any of this (even though I am somewhat subjective and my statistical significance still seems to be very low). But I think it is important for people to for example talk about proper form in squats and post videos for people to check they are doing them correctly. As long as people find the discussion in here to be helpful/entertaining/useful/motivating/supporting in any possible way, I think it has served its purpose. I have found this thread to be awesome place for motivation and I know it has really helped me in my journey. Even if it is still a long way for me to achieve my personal goals, without you darlings it just wouldn't be the same. <3

This doesn't mean that you couldn't talk about something else so please don't feel that you would need to narrow yourself to only to these topics. You can yourself help to add some more diversity to the discussion if you want.

No more Rome, no more pasta haha. Aw...

I'm glad things are going to get easier! I've done the two jobs thing for a couple months and it's fricking tiring.

Aw, I didn't think of inviting you. :( Boo, that would have been fun. Next time. Lol. I want to go back in 2016.

Back now. Though I'm probably going to wait until next week to start working out again. My right foot is a little buggered. I was walking and climbing and whatnot so much, I think my foot is tired. My fitbit said I was doing 5-10 miles a day, though I think the fitbit was confused as hell from the time change (it couldn't track my sleep and was saying I was walking around while sleeping lol), so it could have been more, I don't know. Time for the foot to rest and recover.
We definitely need to check can we make 2016 happen. :D At the moment Rome is one of the places I can go relatively easy since Ryanair is flying there from the city I live. Fitgaf meeting in Rome sounds like a splendid idea.

I am working 6-8 days straight and then having a day off and then again working. I know I sleep way too little at the moment and don't eat as properly as I should so I haven't really been having that much of a progress this month as I would have hoped. Then again yesterday was an awesome day at the gym and I think I am starting to achieve a bit better form on squats. But yeah, baby steps and I am happy as long as the weight doesn't go up.

You will soon be good as new and can continue your fitness journey! :D

these are happy days.

Last time I tried benching I did 50 kgs x 10 reps for the first time since fucking up my hand in freaking APRIL and it was very very good, it didn't hurt all! this time I thinks it's for real, will be ridiculously careful though, at ANY sign I quit right there.

My form is shit now though, lol, I couldn't quite keep the bar going straight up and down, the bar was moving on a rather weird path so there's another reason to keep the weight down,.

I wanna join this awesome selfie page, keezy and cooter looking great as always, (instagram-effect'd to hell and back sorry haha)
You have been lately looking more swole than you had previously. Awesome work sweetie pie! Keep up the good work!

From the other night. Like I said I'm STILL cutting, but things are finally starting to look good.
Finally?! You have been looking absolutely gorgeous as long as I remember. Still, admittedly the cut is making your muscles really pop. :p Splendid work honey!

May I pull a Sadetar and swoon over Keezy? Wow.

Okay.

Okay! I'm good now, thanks.
Hahahah. You are just so very adorable.

*pat pat*

grumble

I agree, it's bodybuilding with some powerlifting in the mix, but it shouldn't be! This is called the fitness thread, not the weight training thread, and more cardio, conditioning, and sport training would be welcomed by me at least!

Cooter

I agree, it's bodybuilding with some powerlifting in the mix, but it shouldn't be! This is called the fitness thread, not the weight training thread, and more cardio, conditioning, and sport training would be welcomed by me at least!
Yup. I've recently started running a mile and a half. Just a quick burst of cardio about 3 or 4 times a week to combat my added cheat day on Sundays. My first attempt I did it in 12 minutes. Pretty bad. Yesterday was my fourth try and I got 9:10! Nothing earth shattering but I was proud of it.

There you go. Some non lifting, selfie, protein, flirting talk! ;-)

rokkerkory

Bravo my man bravo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom