• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

It's been a while Fit-GAF...missed you guys!

Baby girl is 4 months old and healthy / beautiful as can be. Naturally, I've been slacking in the fitness department, preferring to spend time with wife and baby, but I've slacked long enough. Help me get out of bed in the morning!!! For reference I currently get up at 6:00 but need to get up at 5:00 to get in a workout.

Congrats, as a father of a 7 month boy, I know the feeling.

But look at it this way, now you have an even better reason to stay fit. You need to set a healthy example for your little one.

RoeBear

Haven't posted in a while. Started seriously dieting, added in cardio after workouts, only on my sixth day but I feel a ton better so far.
qe25kn5.jpg
41MX2hV.jpg

BumRush

Congrats, as a father of a 7 month boy, I know the feeling.

But look at it this way, now you have an even better reason to stay fit. You need to set a healthy example for your little one.

Congrats to you too, Szu!!

I haven't slept a full night in 4 months though...how do you generate the energy needed to lift consistently. I'm working out 2-3 times a week MAX.

Szu

Congrats to you too, Szu!!

I haven't slept a full night in 4 months though...how do you generate the energy needed to lift consistently. I'm working out 2-3 times a week MAX.

It gets easier. Soon, she be able to sleep longer through the night. I was also doing the 2-3 day schedule too, but I was all over the place.

My mom has been helping with my baby, so that does free up time for me. But even with the extra time, I still try to get out of the gym as quickly as possible to get home and help with the baby.

Szu

Haven't posted in a while. Started seriously dieting, added in cardio after workouts, only on my sixth day but I feel a ton better so far.

Great work!!

That's an ingenious idea to use the mirrors to get a front and back shot. Why didn't I ever think of that?

Thanks, I have no back so I didn't think of that either.

17 inches. Measured them about 3 weeks ago. I expect them to shrink some now though.

they look fantastic as I am mad jelly, you got a solid peak going and they are already popping, just wait till you drop bf%

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Costly mistake?

Having to keep your back straight with a heavy barbell hanging from your arms can become challenging after a couple of sets. It's just an unnatural position, really.

Perhaps they are not for me.

freshair

Yeah, you didn't lockout on those. I feel your DLs are more like clean pulls. Have you tried Rippetoe's DL steps or cues to see where your starting position should be?

Holy hell, you're right. Just re-watched it and I'm way too low.

Your start position is too low, almost like you're trying to squat the weight up and as a result your hips shoot up when you start your pull.

The position you're in when your hips shoot up, should actually be your start position... Probably would help with the back issues as well.

Thanks! Just rewatched the Rippletoe video and I'm completely too low.

Zoe

Sheesh, I had a myofascial release treatment done on my IT band a week ago, and I'm still all bruised up. Do deep tissue massages get this bad?

The funny thing is I didn't even realize I was bruised until this weekend when I removed the kinesio tape she put over it.

Zoe

Friends don't let friends do Kinesio tape. Unless you're getting paid to wear it, in which case, go mad you crazy Olympian!

Eh, I'm not paying for it, and it makes me look injured at work so I can get away with wearing sneakers instead of heels :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Fucked up bad today. Back is significantly injured. Got overzealous. Will post what happened and videos of how good it was going prior in a bit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That's not good. =/

No, it's bad. It's damn near go to the doctor for relaxers bad. I'm massaging, icing, stretching as much as I can. As well as trying to walk.

I was having a great day. Worked up to 260lbs front squat for 5 no belt.

http://youtu.be/zH3MhgLU2iU

Felt great. Moved on to deadlifts and felt awesome. Knocked out 465 x 5 no belt easy.

http://youtu.be/T9KaUHm49b0

After that, moved to do 405 x 10 deadlift. No straps no belt. Just me. Felt great wasn't even hard, I was speeding through it, and that was the problem. I got careless and was going too quick. (These weren't bounced either btw) on rep 8 at near lockout my back popped and instantly I went down. I was damn near crippled. Gathered my shit and drove home in severe pain. Icing it resting it for 2 hours. Now I'm sitting on a hard kitchen chair and getting up and walking and stretching as I can. I think I may be okay. At least I can move. But every once in a while there's a debilitating spasm of pain.

We will see.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
That is incredibly depressing to hear Brolic. Sorry man. Injuries are bad enough but when they are to your back it's even worse. Rest up and come back even stronger big guy

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
That is incredibly depressing to hear Brolic. Sorry man. Injuries are bad enough but when they are to your back it's even worse. Rest up and come back even stronger big guy

Thanks bud.

I'll definitely come back and get stronger, it's what always happens. I'm not concerned, just very uncomfortable.

Szu

No, it's bad. It's damn near go to the doctor for relaxers bad. I'm massaging, icing, stretching as much as I can. As well as trying to walk.

After that, moved to do 405 x 10 deadlift. No straps no belt. Just me. Felt great wasn't even hard, I was speeding through it, and that was the problem. I got careless and was going too quick. (These weren't bounced either btw) on rep 8 at near lockout my back popped and instantly I went down. I was damn near crippled. Gathered my shit and drove home in severe pain. Icing it resting it for 2 hours. Now I'm sitting on a hard kitchen chair and getting up and walking and stretching as I can. I think I may be okay. At least I can move. But every once in a while there's a debilitating spasm of pain.

We will see.

Hope you get some nice rest and heal up. Unlike your deadlifts, I'm sure you'll bounce back from this.

Damn big guy, sorry to hear. Have a speedy recovery Shogun, you'll be breaking boulders with your wrists again soon.

Really though, wish you the best man, get better soon.

Get well soon Brolic. Hope your back isn't too injured

Speaking of backs....just had a PR of 315 lbs x 4 on DLs. Was supposed to do 5 but I pussied out on the last rep.

frontieruk

What the hell, why is he banned?
Good luck on the recovery champ.

He was last posting i the Ferguson Grand Jury won't indict Officer Wilson for killing Michael Brown thread, I didn't see him say anything I thought was bannable, but perhaps someone complained

ILoveBish

Hit the gym for my body weight day, got 4x5 on dips, 3x5 on pull ups and 3x4 on chin ups. This is with me weighing in at 250lbs. Holiday schedule has thrown off my sleep which has thrown off my eating, which has obviously thrown off my weight loss. I'm not gaining a pound no matter how much I eat on keto, but losing is still so difficult for me. Need everything firing on all cylinders or it just doesn't happen.

Still, just glad to have been in the gym and got stuff done. Really love going so much.

He was last posting i the Ferguson Grand Jury won't indict Officer Wilson for killing Michael Brown thread, I didn't see him say anything I thought was bannable, but perhaps someone complained

Sometimes, rarely, mods will delete a post if it's too offensive. Doubt it happened to brolic but who knows. I just hope he recovers quick and also gets unbanned quick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is the darkest timeline, Brolic hurt and banned. I hope he's going to recuperate with some video games. Get well soon brother.

J. Bravo

man that sucks. i'm lucky to never have had a serious injury (weightlifting related). the closest i came was tweaking my back on a set of 315 squatting. only hurt for a couple days and then went right back and maxed at 375, so I was very lucky.

take it easy brolic and don't rush back my man.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Did 3x5 Deadlifts, and 5x10 weighted lunges, leg curls, calf raises, and Romanian deadlifts. Definitely progressing with Wendler 531.

don't you go lower on squat cleans when you catch the bar? how are you more tired from power cleans?

Not sure. Maybe power cleans utilize the upper body more since you catch it differently? Maybe its because I hadn't done it that way in a long time? Either way I am sore.

J. Bravo

Not sure. Maybe power cleans utilize the upper body more since you catch it differently? Maybe its because I hadn't done it that way in a long time? Either way I am sore.
Fair enough. Probably the latter. I just got out of the gym after almost two months off. Just working on getting my strength back up so I'm doing a few weeks of starting strength. Squatted 275 3x5 and benched 185 3x5. Both lifts were easy. Would have gone for a 1x5 deadlift at 315 but I felt like shit. As soon as I pulled out of the parking lot I had to run into the quiktrip bathroom and puke lol.

Nothing a hot dog and chocolate milk won't cure. But its time to get back on the gains train, so no more (read: Less) junk food haha. So hyped. But gonna be so sore tomorrow...

So I'm visibly starting to put on muscle, which is cool... but I'm also getting fat... which isn't. Oh well, just two more mountain biking events before the new year and then at least I don't have to worry about my weight for a while.

Just wont look as gorgeous as I'm used to looking! ;)

sphinx

the piano man
So I'm visibly starting to put on muscle, which is cool... but I'm also getting fat... which isn't. Oh well, just two more mountain biking events before the new year and then at least I don't have to worry about my weight for a while.

Just wont look as gorgeous as I'm used to looking! ;)

wear tank tops if you haven't yet. that will give you confidence,

we put a bit of weight around the belly and lower back but the chest, shoulder, trap and arm area looks cool... until summer. At that point, we are just fatasses so is cut time lol

Just as a heads up, Brolic's ban is permanent :/

but what happened?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The fuck is happening :/ Ohhthegore too? I know people were looking at Brolic in the Ferguson thread like Manos in Occupy Wall Street, but what's OTG up to?

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Chest today. Have been on a strength plateau for about a month. Decided to watch some videos to fix my form. Found that I was not squeezing my shoulders together after retracting the scapula. I also decided to squeeze the fuck out of the bar this time around. Was very surprised by how easy it was to move the weight around. I was able to PR on the Incline and Flat Bench Press. Feels good man.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

I was having a great day. Worked up to 260lbs front squat for 5 no belt.

http://youtu.be/zH3MhgLU2iU

Felt great. Moved on to deadlifts and felt awesome. Knocked out 465 x 5 no belt easy.

http://youtu.be/T9KaUHm49b0

We will see.

Sounds like the pop was either a torn tendon or strained muscle, sincerely doubt it's anything permanant. edit- yikes just realized the ban. Rough he seemed like he knew his stuff and was very big part of what made this thread active.

Anyways guys got the ON creatine as suggested, but one problem... it gives me terrible stomach pains. I don't even get to relieve that by going to the bathroom, although it always feels like I'm going to explode lol sorry if that's graphic.

Chest today. Have been on a strength plateau for about a month. Decided to watch some videos to fix my form. Found that I was not squeezing my shoulders together after retracting the scapula. I also decided to squeeze the fuck out of the bar this time around. Was very surprised by how easy it was to move the weight around. I was able to PR on the Incline and Flat Bench Press. Feels good man.

Its always the little things. I tweaked my OHP a couple of weeks ago and feel so much stronger, no more shoulder pain. I think doing a complete form tear down every so often really does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom