• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
Did you cut your pendulous saq out of this picture? It looks like you cropped it juuuust right.

na was some random cut, the lower part of the pic doesn't show anything actually, NSFW or otherwise

Can't unsee Sphinx's solid B cups!

They are so defined they look like those muscle shirts one puts on halloween

hahaha I bursted in laughter, sorry it was a compression shirt and I guess I squeezed too tight while holding the dumbbells, wasn't intentional, I apologize for any inconvenience lol

Go_Ly_Dow

Been taking a serving of Creatine a day (5g) since mid-August (minus maybe a 7-10 days from then til now I missed a serving etc...)

Is it time to have a month off? Or is there no proven dangers for staying on it for the forseeable future?

Been taking a serving of Creatine a day (5g) since mid-August (minus maybe a 7-10 days from then til now I missed a serving etc...)

Is it time to have a month off? Or is there no proven dangers for staying on it for the forseeable future?

No dangers and no need to cycle it last I researched the topic (about a year ago). I don't use it anymore personally, just because I don't care I guess.

Slept through my alarm, had a shitty day at work, then had a shitty day at the gym. Can today be over yet? These are the type of days that are just so demoralizing.

Is there still interest in the $10 off $20 coupons I used to post? I stopped thinking it annoyed people after awhile.

It is 25% misread the slickdeals sorry about that..
I think there is, I see no reason not the post them, the boxes come out to 18 and change with this deal the gnc coupon makes them 15 a box. I just haven't seem the smores flavor anywhere else unless GNC has got it in the past two weeks. The website says the smores is not for resale purpose so I assume the quest website is the only place you can get it.

It is 25% misread the slickdeals sorry about that..
I think there is, I see no reason not the post them, the boxes come out to 18 and change with this deal the gnc coupon makes them 15 a box. I just haven't seem the smores flavor anywhere else unless GNC has got it in the past two weeks. The website says the smores is not for resale purpose so I assume the quest website is the only place you can get it.

Smore flavor only came out last week Monday so I don't think GNC and others will stock them just yet.

I bought a box of cookie dough, chocolate chunk, and smores. What have you people done to me?

Also I'm trying so hard to stick to my diet. This Domino's sale is tempting fate though. I ate pretty poorly over the holiday though.

SeanR1221

I bought a box of cookie dough, chocolate chunk, and smores. What have you people done to me?

Also I'm trying so hard to stick to my diet. This Domino's sale is tempting fate though. I ate pretty poorly over the holiday though.

I need dat Smores. Gonna see if my GNC has them this week.

Sphinx, I'd cop a feel.

So I was wondering if Fit Gaf can give me some advice. My sister is looking for a cheap treadmill for light jogging.

Is this Pro form 6.0 RT:

http://www.amazon.com/ProForm-PFTL39511-6-0-RT/dp/B008GVP7LW

Worth over $100 more than than the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007O5B0LC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1417489531&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

They both seem to be similar in core performance at max 10 mph. It's just the former has more ancillary features my sister wouldn't use.

Anybody have any experience with either? Thanks.

Szu

I always wondered what it would look like from my point of view if i were giving another guy a blowjob while he was doing curls. Thanks, Sphinx.

Dude, that was really uncalled for.

I could have choked from laughter if I was eating something right now.

That comment has serious life-threatening consequences.

You could have potentially killed some of us.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So I was wondering if Fit Gaf can give me some advice. My sister is looking for a cheap treadmill for light jogging.

Is this Pro form 6.0 RT:

http://www.amazon.com/ProForm-PFTL39511-6-0-RT/dp/B008GVP7LW

Worth over $100 more than than the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007O5B0LC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1417489531&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

They both seem to be similar in core performance at max 10 mph. It's just the former has more ancillary features my sister wouldn't use.

Anybody have any experience with either? Thanks.

They're two treadmills out of hundreds of available models; it's way too specific a question to ask. User reviews will tell you all you need to know on that front. Most people who buy treadmills for home end up hanging their laundry on them after the first week, so it shouldn't matter much either way.

sphinx

the piano man
it's been a while since I laughed this much, thanks guys :p

so, I was searching the internet for fitness wear with videogame themes.

I'd really love to find a tank top with Zelda's royal family crest, but the one I found is in a store in California... to ship that to Germany could take a month or more and I want it now :/

what do you guys think?? Tacky or Badass?

il_570xN.647756252_aehb.jpg

anyone here has videogame themed sport wear?? care to show?

ldcommando

Banned

I'd really love to find a tank top with Zelda's royal family crest, but the one I found is in a store in California... to ship that to Germany could take a month or more and I want it now :/

badass

Dude, that was really uncalled for.

I could have choked from laughter if I was eating something right now.

That comment has serious life-threatening consequences.

You could have potentially killed some of us.

My bad!

I've been adding on some extra calories in the morning. I take a couple pieces of raisin bread, put a tiny bit of butter on each, toast it in my toaster oven, then smear some cinnamon/brown sugar cream cheese on top afterwards... holy shit it's so good. I could eat it all day.

Dany

Banned

I'd wear it.

I see a guy with large ass rebal (star wars) tattoo on his leg. No shame

sphinx

the piano man
I doubt most people would notice it was game related anyway. I barely did.

yeah, the main crowd in my gym is the Call of Duty/FIFA dudebro in the 15-25 age bracket.

I don't think many will know about a random figure related to a Nintendo adventure series that was created almost 30 years ago.

Here's a cool one (dont own it though)

forest_1024x1024.jpg

A guy at my gym has a giant NOD logo tattoo on his Neck/Back. I doubt many people recognise it. :D

Anarion07

Fitgaf, i have a question.
Since I've had chronic sinusitis for over half a year now I couldn't get into cardio as much as i used to.
I still lift though, currently bulking (gained a couple of kilos in the past months).
Not a clean bulk though.
Now here's my issue.

I had a resting pulse of 55-60 for the past 2 years.
For several weeks now I sleep like shit (takes about 1-1,5 hours to fall asleep) and I'm never really .. fresh in the morning.
I now noticed that my resting pulse is at 75-80. Which is absolutely weird.
I mean.. even though i cut back on cardio and super healthy nutrition, it shouldn't get that high, should it?
Plus if it was my "resting pulse" now, i wouldn't be that agitated I think.

Should i go see a doc?

RoeBear

I wear my broken tier rocket raccoon shirt to the gym all the time. I've also worn a Nu Lambda Mu shirt and no one has ever looked at me funny.
Blazblue characters

Fitgaf, i have a question.
Since I've had chronic sinusitis for over half a year now I couldn't get into cardio as much as i used to.
I still lift though, currently bulking (gained a couple of kilos in the past months).
Not a clean bulk though.
Now here's my issue.

I had a resting pulse of 55-60 for the past 2 years.
For several weeks now I sleep like shit (takes about 1-1,5 hours to fall asleep) and I'm never really .. fresh in the morning.
I now noticed that my resting pulse is at 75-80. Which is absolutely weird.
I mean.. even though i cut back on cardio and super healthy nutrition, it shouldn't get that high, should it?
Plus if it was my "resting pulse" now, i wouldn't be that agitated I think.

Should i go see a doc?

That's a little high of a resting pulse for someone that seems to be active, in my opinion. Do you know what your blood pressure is at? Maybe check that. If you're worried though and you have insurance, I see no reason not to get a check-up. Even if it is nothing, it's better to have the peace of mind.

Anarion07

That's a little high of a resting pulse for someone that seems to be active, in my opinion. Do you know what your blood pressure is at? Maybe check that. If you're worried though and you have insurance, I see no reason not to get a check-up. Even if it is nothing, it's better to have the peace of mind.

I'm German, so insurance is not a problem.
Gonna check my blood pressure sometime soon, good idea, thanks!

edit:
127/75. nothing wrong there

That's a little high of a resting pulse for someone that seems to be active, in my opinion.

Just to add some data, The sum total of my cardio is 5 minutes as a warmup for 10 months 3x a week and my resting heart rate is sub-60.

I would definitely tell the doctor the history of your heart rate, though, as 75bpm is not abnormal in and of itself.

You guys have a favorite mass gainer supplement? I've been on syntha6 for a couple of cycles for recovery and haven't been messing with a whey isolate. I did true mass for a few cycles in 2012 and didn't notice too much weight gain.

Ill probably just go ON whey unless you guys have a better idea.

Evo X

Ordered 14 Quest bars to try out a whole bunch of flavors and 3 of the protein chips.

Never tried them before. Hope they're as good as people say. Got the whole order for around $26 thanks to that cyber monday deal, so not too bad.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Don't arch your back when you do OHP

Gotcha. Anything else?

Also, something I meant to ask for a while but kept forgetting. In your guys experience, how often do you deload? Hate to say it, but my progress, aside from deadlifts, has been pretty shitty, so I've been having to deload quite often.

Gotcha. Anything else?

Also, something I meant to ask for a while but kept forgetting. In your guys experience, how often do you deload? Hate to say it, but my progress, aside from deadlifts, has been pretty shitty, so I've been having to deload quite often.

For me it is usually once a workout. Most of the time it is to rep out a bit on a random set.But it seems to happens on Arnold Presses, 21s on preacher curls or t-bar rows. It is random as hell and I just kind of throw it in for muscle confusion. Then again I am not keeping a log of my progress. I am happy where I am at and I am getting stronger but I don't see deloading as a bad thing. Just a way to make sure I go to complete muscle failure and keep them muscles confused.

sphinx

the piano man
For me it is usually once a workout. Most of the time it is to rep out a bit on a random set.But it seems to happens on Arnold Presses, 21s on preacher curls or t-bar rows. It is random as hell and I just kind of throw it in for muscle confusion. Then again I am not keeping a log of my progress. I am happy where I am at and I am getting stronger but I don't see deloading as a bad thing. Just a way to make sure I go to complete muscle failure and keep them muscles confused.

wasn't musicle confusion debunked in several serious reports?

I googled to make sure and it seems like that,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom