• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was feeling pretty good after getting 5 pullps with 95lbs. Finally getting back to my pre injured self. So good that I snapped my first gym selfie. I'm in the club FE and Imm0rt4l!

13f73750-5058-4213-8afe-abe9dbb77ff3.jpg

looking fucking solid.

please post a sub-160 pic for our amusement and comparison lol

ILoveBish

Work was so busy this week I ended up not going to the gym for 4 days. Went last night and with my new calorie count much lower and starting my 9th 5/3/1 session, failure endured. No problem tho. My last set of 5 reps I did as 5 singles. In perfectly fine and happy not hitting my numbers now. Great days ahead for us all I hope.

Man, I don't know how people who eat perfectly every day of their life do it. I just can't. I eat clean more often than not, but some days I just need something bad in my system.

I have so many friends that are always very lean and cut, and never eat anything remotely bad. I would go insane.

Ashodin

Man, I don't know how people who eat perfectly every day of their life do it. I just can't. I eat clean more often than not, but some days I just need something bad in my system.

I have so many friends that are always very lean and cut, and never eat anything remotely bad. I would go insane.

I feel the same way. It's so hard to break food trends

J. Bravo

I have never seen you not lean and cut....

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Two pints of ice cream and a ton of fried chicken for me tonight. My body and mind needs it. I can do the 1800-2200 every day for weeks but I don't enjoy it and I find myself in worse moods. I won't spend my life in a bad mood. Not gonna happen. Besides, I think a touch of fat looks better than being able to see every ounce of blood leading back to your heart. Win/win

rage1973

A couple of people keep mentioning this to me.

ZMA DELUXE FORMULA 500mg 240 CAPSULES MUSCLE GROWTH-TESTOSTERONE BOOSTER

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009K4GSB2/

What say you fitGAF? Waste of money?

Zinc and Magnesium are pretty solid supplements but I would also add some vitamin d to the mix. Vitamin D is one of the most important supplements and taking vitamin d with magnesium helps rid of the nausea that some people get.

3rd cycle on Texas method nearly done:

Last friday was heavy day:

- completed 1x5 115 Kg (255 lbs) squat + 3 warm up sets

- reached a new 6RM bench on 80 Kg (176 lbs) (3 last reps were eased by a spotter though) + 3 warm up sets

- completed Cleans 5x3 50 Kg (110 lbs) : still working on polishing form

Slowly adjusting a notch upwards to the upcoming bulk - ecologic peanut butter on selery is da troof!

Black coffee with coconut milk was also missed.

I know it is still nothing, but managed to bench 100kg (220?) for the first time today.

I'd been stuck below for about 3 weeks. Feels like I'm making progress again.

I feel the same way. It's so hard to break food trends
For sure. I think it has a lot ot do with how you're raised. We never ate healthy when I was younger. So I think I'm just accustomed to enjoying bad foods.

I have never seen you not lean and cut....
I get fat, boy do I get fat.

Two pints of ice cream and a ton of fried chicken for me tonight. My body and mind needs it. I can do the 1800-2200 every day for weeks but I don't enjoy it and I find myself in worse moods. I won't spend my life in a bad mood. Not gonna happen. Besides, I think a touch of fat looks better than being able to see every ounce of blood leading back to your heart. Win/win
I agree with you 100%. I can eat clean for a few months straight, but I get really really grumpy towards the end of all that. I have to have small cheat meals 2-3 times a month at least or I will either go crazy or binge.

I'm trying to get myself into that mindset that having a little fat looks good. I totally feel that way when I look at other people, but not for myself.

And now I want fried chicken and ice cream.

Cooter

I know it is still nothing, but managed to bench 100kg (220?) for the first time today.

Is it nothing? Don't sell yourself short. Benching 220 is heavy. Two plates will feel glorious!

Cooter

I agree with you 100%. I can eat clean for a few months straight, but I get really really grumpy towards the end of all that. I have to have small cheat meals 2-3 times a month at least or I will either go crazy or binge.

I'm trying to get myself into that mindset that having a little fat looks good. I totally feel that way when I look at other people, but not for myself.

The post accomplished its' mission then!

For sure. I think it has a lot ot do with how you're raised. We never ate healthy when I was younger. So I think I'm just accustomed to enjoying bad foods.

I get fat, boy do I get fat.

brah post a current day fat pic plz <3

I can't even bench 90 Kg yet, not to mention 100 Kg. I don't have the arms (strength) for that lift yet. It's not an easy milestone to accomplish.

Seems like upper body strength is your forte.

Bowser

It's definitely tough. I feel guilty enough as it is if I have too much of something like peanut butter or granola. This morning I had eggs and cheddar on a hollowed out bagel and felt bad about the bagel lol. It's a grind.

2-3x a month tho I'll grab something just gloriously heinous. Two weeks ago it was a BBQ fried chicken wrap, mac and cheese, and a couple beers. It's the only way to keep yourself sane.

Sadetar

Ok, I am still alive and so forth. It was just a midsummer and I was hanging around with my friends. Didn't drink any alcohol, ate clean (even though a bit more than I do on a regular day) and went to those absolutely wild Nordic walks. With all honesty they make me feel like a total retard. I miss jogging already. This just feels so pointless and like I wouldn't be doing any sports at all - just walking around.

Oh well, I guess it could be worse. At least I like the area where I live. I can see this lake from my windows and from my balcony. I generally walk around it now. That photo has been taken a bit after midnight (I have been having night walks since I have been having days off from work).
lake.jpg

^sadetar, what's wrong with your back? i probably missed it in an earlier post, sorry.

regardless of your back, running is bad for your joints and muscle growth. if you are going to run, sprint, and do it on grass or a track or treadmill.
just my 2 cents i gained from running cross country and track through high school.
Well, I have been whining about it for ages now so it isn't just one post but a series of posts. But well, long story short I started to have horrid back pain that reflected to both of my legs on September 2012. I went to see a physiotherapist and a bunch of doctors. I followed everything that they said that I need to do and started walking little trips of 10 minutes (even those were pure pain) and doing core muscle training every day. After couple months we changed core muscle training to every other day. I started jogging on April/May 2013 and on August I started pilates.

Again on September my back decided it doesn't love me anymore and I needed to stop everything expect the little walks and basic core muscle training for couple months. Early this year I could start to do things a bit more and went back to jogging and pilates. I was still in agony and ate tons of painkillers every damn day. 11th of March was my first day at the gym. I went there with my physiotherapist who had done me a training programm. I started to do jogging twice a week, went to gym twice a week and pilates once a week. Quite soon I could quit eating pain killers and now I haven't taken any for nearly two months. The back still hurts and reflects the pain and the last couple months the back of my left leg has gone totally numb around 10 times a day.

I knew this couldn't continue so I went to CT scanning and I was ready to continue to take MRI. Booked a time with the leading orthopedic professor and we went basicly everything through within about 45 minutes. He made me do tons of things and also actually went my back through with his hands inch by inch. According to him there is one desk that is lowered, but it isn't the main reason causing the troubles. There is just basicly a really badly pinched nerve and because my back tries to un-pinch it it has slighty curved my spine. All this has made all my back muscles extremely tense that I have lost quite much of my flexibility. So now I need to relax the muscles, not do anything to annoy the pinched nerve and build my front core muscles to enough support the back to relief the tension.

So yes, no jogging but those Nordic walks. I am also seeing a physiotherapist to do me a new core muscle training programm after like 1,5 weeks. I am slightly annoyed that I can't do couple things that I really enjoyed doing, but then again I would be willing to do basicly anything to make the pain go away.

And, unfortunately, focus hard on diet. Diet will get you feeling better.
Well yes. Quite naturally so. This is just the hardest part for me. But I know I need to stick with it so thank you for reminding me to be a good girl. I will, at least most of the time.

Why don't you try those water aerobics classes? They're actually really fun :) Laps could be great exercise too, though personally I get really bored of laps.

I'm glad you found a doctor who knows what's wrong and can lead you to a full recovery! :)

I try to do that as well! If I'm not sick (or my back and stomach aren't on fire lol) then I should work out!

Got my 40 minute kick boxing session in. Yey. Now rest and bed.
I actually tried to get into some water aerobic classes but they don't arrange any on the times when I wouldn't be at work. I normally get out around 18.15 / 6.15 pm.

What comes to other exercises I will wait till I see my work physiotherapist and follow what ever he is giving me based on the orthopedic doctor's evaluation. I am not really planning to do anything they don't say that suits me and that they don't recommend for me at this point. I am going to be utterly boring and stick to what ever they will say and see where will that take me. I already got couple core muscle training movements from the doc.

My motivation at the moment isn't as high as it could be, but like said, I will do and stick with what ever they have in their mind even if I wouldn't fully agree with it or enjoy it. I just hope to get over this and do what I want.

Was feeling pretty good after getting 5 pullps with 95lbs. Finally getting back to my pre injured self. So good that I snapped my first gym selfie. I'm in the club FE and Imm0rt4l!

Love your arms in that photo. And yes, definitely in the same club - all of you are ridiculously hot. I think I need to start a fan club.

It would be better to show you a correct or at least a more correct squat. This is of me. http://youtu.be/ejco1D-Zvgw

You can also look up "so you think you can squat" on YouTube for a whole breakdown of what to do. That was put together by th guys at elitefts and it's a great series.
I don't know have I said this before, but I have a mad respect for you. You are always nice, helping when you can and giving tips to people.

I am pretty sure that yours came much faster than mine. I pretty much forgot the thing existed till it arrived. Like top grade quality, but no one warned me Santa was making it himself by hand.
Awwwww. This made me chuckle.

!!!

Yaaaas. Measured my waist this morning and I've gone from 31.5 inches to just over 30.

:D it's finally happening.

I still don't feel it or see it, but at least something says working out is doing anything.
Hoooooraaaaaayyyyyy! Well done sweetie pie!

Like said before, just stick to it and gainz will float to your direction. You have done absolutely marvellous job this far when sticking with it when the times has been hard.

Attagirl! I am very proud of you! ^_^

Ashodin

Great time at the gym today, holy crap when I got home I had to really use the bathroom. Dat workout really shakes your body up.

Went to apartment gym, did

3x5 Bicep Curls 70 lbs
3x5 Bench Press 80 lbs
3x5 Lat Press 80 lbs
2x25 Ab Crunch 100 lbs

Then 30 min of Cardio with high-intensity spots in between.

Zoe

Sadetar, can you at least do the elliptical?it lets you get a good range of motion while still being low-impact.

And don't feel bad about having to give up jogging--it wrecks even healthy bodies. It's just a very stressful series of movements.

ZeroRay

Feasted the last week and a half when I was in NY for my cousin's wedding. Looked pretty skinny and lean then, come back and I'm fucking bloated XD.

Lower back/sciatic injury still plaguing me but I can deal with it. April gave me a huge scare deadlifting, took a trip to snap city and thought I'd be out for quite a while longer than I was.

Deadlifting 220x5 - got to maintain good form and involve every muscle that should be involved

Squatting 140x10x3- nerve irritation and pain started to flair up at 150lbs or so before, hopefully I can work up to that and beyond without issue. Not gonna squat heavy for a while. Or knowing me...a lot sooner than I should *sigh*

Sadetar

Sadetar, can you at least do the elliptical?it lets you get a good range of motion while still being low-impact.

And don't feel bad about having to give up jogging--it wrecks even healthy bodies. It's just a very stressful series of movements.
It is not only jogging but couple other things as well. For example now when I go to pilates classes I can't do around half of the movements since they are straight up for back muscles and the doctor said not to do them. I just need to ask advices for some extra abs movements instead I guess. He also forbid the squats at least for now so that sucks as well. But yes, I understand that the regulations are only for my own good.

If you mean the crosstrainer with the elliptical I specificly asked about it and he said I can do it as long as I try to do the movements as smoothly as I can while having a good posture. I will definitely continue using it. ^_^

Matugi

Great time at the gym today, holy crap when I got home I had to really use the bathroom. Dat workout really shakes your body up.

3x5 Bicep Curls 70 lbs
3x5 Bench Press 80 lbs
3x5 Lat Press 80 lbs
2x25 Ab Crunch 100 lbs

What are your goals? Doing low reps of isolation exercises such as curls and lat press (pulls?) isn't going to really get you anywhere. I know others have said it to you but it bears repeating: you really, really should just pick a program and going with it. Right now it seems like you have a case of fuckarounditis.

3x5 Bicep Curls 70 lbs
3x5 Bench Press 80 lbs
3x5 Lat Press 80 lbs
2x25 Ab Crunch 100 lbs

If you're going to do all that isolation work 5 reps is just plain dumb. Shoot for 8-12 reps

Nice tan there, cooties! lol. So you are injured yet you look so awesome.

I'll be posting videos of my lifts soon because now I have my gorillapod and to be honest I think I cheated my squats today. Either I was close to parallel but not quite, or rounded my back at the bottom. I completed my sets but I am not satisfied. I hope you are all brutally honest as usual. On the other hand, deadlifts are awesome and quickly becoming my favorite thing, I'll post video of that too because why not.

Go_Ly_Dow

Zinc and Magnesium are pretty solid supplements but I would also add some vitamin d to the mix. Vitamin D is one of the most important supplements and taking vitamin d with magnesium helps rid of the nausea that some people get.

Been taking 2-3k of VitD supplements most days for a few months now and a magnesium every few days.

Eat a lot of mushrooms which are supposedly zinc rich.

ollin

I need to stop eating processed foods and start cooking my meals. Any good websites with simple recipes for beginners.

ILoveBish

Now that im on a even more serious cut (not eating more on gym days anymore), gym is so insanely tough. Its a real struggle and i failed several times. I don't care tho, im going to keep cutting. Im noticing changes already, so its extremely motivating.

Pakoe

It's a habit that has grown on to me. I used to eat fast food on a daily basis, but ever since i saw how i felt and looked at a lean state. The dirty food just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I'd rather eat something without much of a taste and be lean than to eat dirty and be bulky.
Also, being grumpy and angry fast is pretty common in a cut. That's what the refeeds are for. Stock back on those carbs and you'll be good to go again.

Good job, you're being too hard on yourself. 100kg is really, really good!

Woffls

I just joined a David Lloyd fitness place and I go to the gym 4/5 times a week - I'm not doing every day yet because it's my first time at a gym and I don't want to hurt anything.

I cycle there and back which is 3 miles on some old ass bike by some windy fields, then mix some upper body resistance with rowing and leg press. I do 3x15 100kg on leg press, and the others are 3x15 at about 30kg but I can't remember what they're called so whatever.

Rowing is a lot of fun, and I'm sure I've got the correct technique. I do about 2k in 8 minutes, or 3k in 15 depending on how I'm feeling. It's about the same as some other dude who seems to know what he's doing. My only concern is that my back isn't completely straight.

I'm 6'2" and just under 100Kg, and I've basically never exercised properly before, but I've got a naturally large upper frame so I think I might be able to make some decent progress this year.

I don't have a target, I just want to move some weight away from my thighs and waistline to my chest so that I can buy clothes more easily. Also I'd like to be able to run a couple of miles without dying one day. That would be nice.

My diet is reasonable, but I only have 2,000 calories a day. I'll have either egg/toast or muesli for breakfast, apples/bananas throughout the day, then for dinner I'll just cook some chicken or mince and make something around that with rice or whatever. It's not super healthy, but it's not bad... hopefully? I never have fast food, ready meals, soft drinks, crisps, chocolate... just a little choc ice after dinner :D

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. Are there any easy things I can do that make a big difference, like eating certain foods before/after workouts, and on off-days?

SeanR1221

Edge, just out of curiosity when you got your appendix out were you into lifting? Just wondering how you eased back into things post recovery?

Cooper

I just joined a David Lloyd fitness place and I go to the gym 4/5 times a week - I'm not doing every day yet because it's my first time at a gym and I don't want to hurt anything.

I wouldn't worry about going every day as a goal. Your body will recover more fully and you'll be less likely to burn out if you rest every few days.

Woffls said:
Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. Are there any easy things I can do that make a big difference, like eating certain foods before/after workouts, and on off-days?

The most important thing you can do for food is get sufficient protein. If you eat low calorie, low protein, you'll lose a fairly significant amount of lean body mass. Eating low calorie with adequate protein will make more of the weight loss come from fat. Do you know how much protein you get in a typical day? It sounds potentially a bit low from your description.

Stuff like meal timing, calorie cycling, types of carbs and whatnot can make a difference at some level, but their impact is much smaller than just dialing in the appropriate level of calories/macros for day-to-day eating. Don't stress about them right now, just try your routine for a bit and see how things go.

Good luck!

Woffls

The most important thing you can do for food is get sufficient protein. If you eat low calorie, low protein, you'll lose a fairly significant amount of lean body mass. Eating low calorie with adequate protein will make more of the weight loss come from fat. Do you know how much protein you get in a typical day? It sounds potentially a bit low from your description.
I've got no idea how much protein I get, but I generally eat things which are supposedly high in protein. What I'm looking at on an average day is two large fried eggs on brown toast, a bowl of muesili with fruit and nuts, two bananas, an apple, yogurt and a main meal with chicken breast or minced beef. On top of that I'll have a bottle of beer and a mini ice cream :D Oh and loads of orange juice.

I'm not really sure what the quantities of protein are in each, but I'm going to start looking at the contents next time I go shopping. I assume chicken/veg stir fries are a good option?

Thanks for the advice!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boy this Sunday work was somethin else. Place was packed to the gills with people in dress clothes doing cardio. Weird day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom